AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-09-11, 01:58   Link #361
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Wouldn't that be better saved for the Captain America 2 film rather than the Avengers movie? (or Avengers 2 so it works better with the other Captain America film)?
Old 2012-09-11, 23:48   Link #362
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

A leaked commentary of Whedon from the US home video release has him saying that the ending is not to be a taken as happy one. Instead it is meant to lead to something more complex and darker.

I take it this indicate that there will be consequences from the invasion of New York as Superheroes and Aliens becomes common knowledge.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 03:36   Link #363
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
A leaked commentary of Whedon from the US home video release has him saying that the ending is not to be a taken as happy one. Instead it is meant to lead to something more complex and darker.

I take it this indicate that there will be consequences from the invasion of New York as Superheroes and Aliens becomes common knowledge.
Isn't he talking about the, oh I dunno, that purple masochistic Death-worshipping gorilla scene?

I mean, that dude's pretty srs bsns.

If that dude wasn't so batshit crazy and subconciously masochistic, Marvel universe woulda ended several times already.
Old 2012-09-13, 03:45   Link #364
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Isn't he talking about the, oh I dunno, that purple masochistic Death-worshipping gorilla scene?

I mean, that dude's pretty srs bsns.

If that dude wasn't so batshit crazy and subconciously masochistic, Marvel universe woulda ended several times already.
http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/con...ys-joss-whedon

I like the idea of a grittier Marvel Universe. Wheldon is known to kill off character and it might be good for one the the core character to die.
Old 2012-09-13, 03:52   Link #365
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

What he's talking about isn't the ending of first movie, but ending of 2.
Quote:
So with The Avengers 2, where will Joss Whedon be taking his Avengers? The director offers a few comments on the upcoming sequel, which almost sounds as if Part 2 will not be getting the happy ending audiences saw with the first — perhaps reminiscent of Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back.
Also, that article specifically shows Thanos scene, it's fair to assume that ending credits scene with Thanos will lead to a darker conclusion in Avengers 2.
Old 2012-09-13, 03:55   Link #366
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Killing an Avenger might be helpful to allow someone else to be introduced. The Avengers team fluctuates historically anyway, and there isn't room to add anyone new without removing someone first. The Death doesn't have to be final ofcourse, this IS Marvel we are talking about here.
Old 2012-09-13, 04:43   Link #367
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post

Also, that article specifically shows Thanos scene, it's fair to assume that ending credits scene with Thanos will lead to a darker conclusion in Avengers 2.
Doesn't mean that Avengers 2 will be a merry trip. The difference between the members aren't resolved and the political repercussion from the world council isn't shown. This, I suspect, will be a plot point in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Killing an Avenger might be helpful to allow someone else to be introduced. The Avengers team fluctuates historically anyway, and there isn't room to add anyone new without removing someone first. The Death doesn't have to be final ofcourse, this IS Marvel we are talking about here.
So who will be the prime candidate ? My pick will be old Cap since he has the least reason to remain in this world. We can have him losing faith in the government and the final ties to his own time severed in Cap 2.
Old 2012-09-13, 05:11   Link #368
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Captain America has a habit of being frozen in time or be stuck between dimentions in some versions of Marvel Comics. It tended to be how they would get him into whatever show for a brief time and then return him to someplace else to keep him out of the loop for the remainder of the show (as he tended to be overpowered in awesome verses anyone...even Wolverine and Spiderman).
Old 2012-09-13, 08:33   Link #369
GDB

The only purpose killing Cap off would have, in terms of bringing in someone new, would be to bring in Bucky as Cap. If you wanted to bring in the likes of the Pyms, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Black Panther, etc., you'd need to remove the likes of Hulk, Hawkeye, and Scarlet Witch. The main 3 are the trinity of Marvel for a reason.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-13, 08:58   Link #370
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

The movie universe established Avengers as a emergency team that's brought together in case of a greater threat.

They can easily leave out a few heroes for whatever reasons.

Hulk: Oh, we threw him out in space.
Hawkeye & Black Widow: They're on a SHIELD mission that they cannot afford to pull out.

Yada yada.
Old 2012-09-23, 07:16   Link #371
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I just saw the Item 47 short film.

I think they have decided it is time for SHIELD to have decent weapons. It looks like by the time we get to Avengers 2, or even Ironman 3, beam weapons will become standard issue for field agents.

This is just as well. Human agents need to be able to put up a fight. Overpowered villains are coming.
Old 2012-09-23, 11:05   Link #372
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
This is just as well. Human agents need to be able to put up a fight. Overpowered villains are coming.
Fits with what Whedon is saying. The curent roster of movie Marvel Heroes arn't really putted in life threatening dangers in Phase 1. It's about time they get some serious pain and punishments.
Old 2012-09-23, 11:56   Link #373
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I don’t know whether or not anybody already noticed this since it’s an old news, but there’s a minor difference between US BD and UK BD.

Spoiler for Spoiler Alert!!!:
The actual page is here.
Old 2012-09-26, 09:20   Link #374
ElCachicamo

This film was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring, a lot of people liked it but it was a waste of time IMHO.
ElCachicamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 09:41   Link #375
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I don’t know whether or not anybody already noticed this since it’s an old news, but there’s a minor difference between US BD and UK BD.

The actual page is here.
But still can't see the images because of the direct linking.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-26, 10:03   Link #376
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
But still can't see the images because of the direct linking.
Ups...Sorry. Here's the pics of the original US BD and the censored UK BD:

Old 2012-09-26, 15:56   Link #377
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

^ Wow... thats pretty lame =\
Old 2012-09-29, 09:51   Link #378
james0246

3 quick notes on the deleted scenes:

1) For anyone that remembers, I made a small fuss here concerning how Bruce Banner got downtown during the invasion. Specifically, I thought the film did not explain how Bruce got a shirt or a motorcycle, nor did the film explain where the Hulk landed in the first place. In one of the deleted scenes, all of these questions are answered. Sadly, the scene was pretty shitty ( Harry Dean Stanton was just too much), so it needed to be cut even if it had info needed for film coherency.

2) The Captain America cut scene was decent, and I liked how the Waitress character (played by Ashley Johnson) seen later during the invasion becomes more involved in the Captain America storyline. Still, parts of the segment were overlong (we didn't really need to see him looking at old files of long dead friends (though finding that his old love is still alive is important)), and I can understand why it was cut.

and finally, 3) all of the Maria Hill segments. The alternate beginning and ending to the film drastically change the entire films structure and narrative as well as the character Maria Hill. While very interesting, this vast departure for the character so fundamentally alters the entire pace of the story it is obvious to see just why it was cut (and should have been cut).
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-01, 21:05   Link #379
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Have to say it's good to now have the movie on Blu-Ray. Now can watch and rewind Loki getting his ass kicked by the Hulk. Laughter really is the best medicine .

Looking forward to seeing where they go with the Avengers 2. Really they are just getting warmed up with this group.
Old 2012-10-01, 21:41   Link #380
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Ups...Sorry. Here's the pics of the original US BD and the censored UK BD:

WTF?!

UK is not getting their money's worth in the BR version. =/
Now that's censorship I do not like.

If ever there is an Avenger that could get killed most likely it's Giantman/Antman.