Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-07-17, 14:57   Link #161
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Aww isn't that suit too baggy for you? Lemme size it down for you, come, take it off my dear girl.......

*gets barbecued*
Guess another important lesson is to beware small girls with flamethrowers....and axes .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wang View Post
Knowing Valve, they'd never reveal any sort of definite gender for the Pyro. They've acknowledge and hinted that the Pyro may be a guy, a girl, a robot, or Abraham Lincoln, so... yeah...

And I recall reading a while ago, that an employee from Valve hinted that Meet the Pyro was going to be made in a First-Person view. Clever way for the bastards to keep the Pyro's identity under wraps, and still to deliver a video...
I do wonder if that's how Valve is going to go about it. Could certainly see them trying something like taht to keep the mystery eternal. If not they really could change perceptions no matter what decision they came to about the Pyro.

For now the mystery lives on and people can imagine pretty much whatever they want.
Old 2011-07-17, 15:25   Link #162
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

This topic reminds me of this spoof fan made video that had the gender joke at the end.

Warming contains comedic violence.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-17, 20:20   Link #163
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

I dunno, the body structure for the Pyro seems wrong for a female... unless she's like butch. I guess it could be padding or something but still. No way would they look like a little kid like the picture on the previous page though, they're way too tall and bulky. The laugh sounds kinda manly too. Although they have some flowery purse or some such?

It would be amusing though, if the Pyro did pull off their mask only to shake out a long luscious golden hair like one of those shampoo commercials, to strike a pose...

...and to turn out to be the Scouts mother, and winking at the spy.

TBH, I never really thought about the pyro's gender. Never considered it to be that important.

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2011-07-17 at 23:30.
Mr Hat and Clogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-17, 20:47   Link #164
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

So Meet the Pyro video is basically a destruction of the Spy, the Sniper, and Heavy's video?
Old 2011-07-17, 20:51   Link #165
The Drunk Demoman
~ fabulous ~

Hurrah for Hat Fotress 2.
Thanks to it's trading, I got from 80$ account to 1500$ one. :v

Here's concept art of pyro, which pretty much proves he's guy:

Old 2011-07-17, 21:05   Link #166
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drunk Demoman View Post
Hurrah for Hat Fotress 2.
Thanks to it's trading, I got from 80$ account to 1500$ one. :v

Here's concept art of pyro, which pretty much proves he's guy:

He WAS a guy. TF2 changed its concepts several times over its long production. Don't forget that the game started out as a more realistic combat simulator, and only became cartoony later.
Old 2011-07-17, 21:08   Link #167
The Drunk Demoman
~ fabulous ~

How come he was a guy?
If he was guy once, why isn't he guy now?
Did he change his gender or something?

Valve is only doing these things to mess with you and troll you.
Old 2011-07-17, 21:18   Link #168
Skane
Anime Snark

It's like the Utawarerunomo twins all over again (anime only, not the game), or Tali's face. The discussion is inherently more interesting than having the answer itself.

Hehe.
Old 2011-07-17, 21:20   Link #169
The Drunk Demoman
~ fabulous ~

Yeah I figured that out.

Anyway, I got community sticky launcher from Valve thanks to my TF2 Avatars (you can see them here http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=102373 )

I see quite a bit people using them, and I ocassionally turn on SDK (so I can pose the models) and Photoshop to make a few new ones.
Old 2011-07-17, 21:26   Link #170
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Drunk Demoman View Post
How come he was a guy?
If he was guy once, why isn't he guy now?
Did he change his gender or something?

Valve is only doing these things to mess with you and troll you.
They never SAID he was a guy. We know nothing about the Pyro, and every piece of official info concerning the rest of the cast generally avoid getting the Pyro involved.

And Valve isn't messing with anyone. It is the fans that first declared Pyro a woman, Valve is just playing along.
Old 2011-07-17, 21:30   Link #171
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Unless you are Nerf Now...then everyone else is a woman, but Pyro is still a guy. (or at least there is a female version all off the other classes in that comic...sometimes even multiples for either RED or BLU...or "team is babies" versions.
Old 2011-07-17, 23:54   Link #172
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Yeah... I did have a mod up for my Pyro making it a woman...

http://www.gamebanana.com/skins/65434

If you'll also notice that whenever Valve refers to Pyro.... they're call it a he... then in the next sentence call it a she.... then the next one a he.... and so on~
Old 2011-07-18, 01:53   Link #173
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Just had an awesome Medic life. 34 points, 12281 health healed in single life, 9 ubers in single life. Opposition team was furious when they saw my achieves for 7k and 10k come up. XD

When your team can't win the final level of Dustbowl and they know it, just heal and invuln as needed but don't push out to the impenetrable fortress of sentries and co. Still can't believe I got that high because I survived the same Heavy + Medic pair ubering on me 5 times in that life...twice I escaped on 5hp. That Medic was so cut when he saw the achieves come up, he wanted me to hurt in the worst way. ^^
Old 2011-07-18, 02:19   Link #174
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Wang
Most awesome moment of TF2 for me?

My favorite class is without a doubt the Sniper, mainly due to my tendencies to favor such shooting in just about any sort of shooter.

TF2 Sniper though? I can often be a bit... unconventional, but effective. Please note though that I do tend to get into detail, and thus this story can get pretty lengthy.

Spoiler for Long Story::

Bottom line: I'm awesome as a Sniper.
Old 2011-07-18, 02:45   Link #175
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I generally have nothing against Snipers. If they're good and preventing tunnels/ledges from being places the other side can traverse with ease, I won't have a problem with them.

I have problems with Snipers when most of the team goes Sniper and Spy....I see this way too much...and then they whine when they lose in record time. Sniper is easily my least played class for this reason.
Old 2011-07-18, 03:09   Link #176
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

it's irritating when any team goes heavy on a certain class. But Sniper, Spy and sometimes Engineer are the worst.

I'm terrible at snipers though, don't have the twitches for it any more.

It's the worst, when you run in front of someone and take the shot meant for them!
Old 2011-07-18, 03:16   Link #177
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Hat and Clogs View Post
it's irritating when any team goes heavy on a certain class.
That's why Valve do updates of two characters at the same time; to at least make sure there are more than one class in a matchup.
Old 2011-07-18, 03:27   Link #178
Luminisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wang View Post
Most awesome moment of TF2 for me?

My favorite class is without a doubt the Sniper, mainly due to my tendencies to favor such shooting in just about any sort of shooter.

TF2 Sniper though? I can often be a bit... unconventional, but effective. Please note though that I do tend to get into detail, and thus this story can get pretty lengthy.

Spoiler for Long Story::

Bottom line: I'm awesome as a Sniper.
Sorry but I stop taking you seriously the moment you mentioned 2fort. Sounds like you got lucky that the other team didn't have 3+ engineers with sentries covering major chokes.

2fort takes the gold for the worst map design ever. It infested with narrow choke-points. 2fort servers are magnets for newbies who are too afraid to leave their comfort zone for the 30 something official maps out there. There is no TEAM here, just a bunch of lone wolves walking around with their heads cut off. People who spend too much time here develops terrible play styles and it shows when they venture on to other maps.

Trust me, a good Soldier, Demo, or a slightly lesser extent Heavy will consistently wreck the opposing team and achieve the objectives better than any sniper can.

Luminisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 03:31   Link #179
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Engineer spam is SOMETIMES justified. If your opposition doesn't have a good number of Heavy/Medic and Demoman/Medic combos, it's worth doing. But if there's a good number of Demoman/Medic combos that know what they're doing, you may as well hang back, get some Heavies, Soldiers and Demomen with a Medic or two to make the nuke spam too much to overcome.

The number of times I'm on offense and the team fails because there isn't a Demoman or a Heavy with a clue to uber rush the sentry nest is just sad. Lately I've gone Medic and been harsh in team chat to get people to do the right thing. Defense, I make a call based on what the team makeup is and how many Medics and Demomen/Soldiers the other team has. I will always love Pyro but sometimes it can be the worst class to be, so I tend to flick between Pyro, Demoman and Heavy as required.

Decided to finally test out this crafting stuff since my timer item luck is terrible, getting mainly Scout items...*shiver* Had a Heavy Steak Sandvich so forged Brass Beast and Warrior's Spirit to complete the set. Also crafted a Quick-Fix since I figure I'll make a Medic set next. Tested out the Heavy set with Clogs as Medic - we were smashing through opponents even on bad teams. Methinks Clogs and I will be teaming up more from now on.

Last edited by Last Sinner; 2011-07-18 at 04:57.
Last Sinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 04:54   Link #180
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Wang
Aw, there you go ruining my self-esteem, Luminisk... Eh, whatever. I won't deny that 2fort's design is still upon the verge of controversy among the TF2 community. I'm just saying, I'm quite a good Sniper, and really, I've been renown among my friends as being impractical yet effective, as they say. On good days, at least...

And on the topic of spamming, refer to this guide for all the great TF2 balanced teams in Payload Maps. It speaks the truth!