AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kannagi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-19, 06:52   Link #21
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

I'm not sure what the significance of Nagi's before and after similarities are. Fact is, she was able to manifest in that form in the past. Perhaps she had enough of her power at the time to do so. I'm thinking Nagi's appearance happens because Jin just happens to carve the shape of a girl into that piece of the sacred tree... that and his spiritual affinity somehow influenced it.

Something else that I noticed in episode one is when Nagi and Jin are at the shrine site. After they cleanse the impurities, she introduces herself and they shake hands. Just then, a gust of wind swirls around them and Nagi vanishes... she's seen to have moved to the steps, making it look like Jin just thinks for a moment that she had vanished, but it's very reminiscent of that scene when they first meet. It's the same situation as the prologue... young Jin had captured an impurity (it's not a normal spider he catches, it's pure black) and Nagi cleanses it. How else did it just disappear?

So, I'm wondering if that gust of wind, when they are shaking hands, might not be Nagi showing Jin that she does remember. Even if it may be subconscious on her part. Could just be a deja vu coincidence, but I like to think there's more to Nagi than what we're seeing on the surface with her mischievous high school girl behavior.
Old 2008-11-19, 10:26   Link #22
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
i'd like to think that Nagi instantly being besides the stairs after the gush of wind is part of the shows 'magic' to make believe that she is really a god. Jin however doesn't believe that way, so that occurance didn't really bother him.

@SaintessHeart: herbert is up to something .
Old 2008-11-19, 11:07   Link #23
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
....but I like to think there's more to Nagi than what we're seeing on the surface with her mischievous high school girl behavior.
That what i suspect as well, and i needs a non-filler Ep 8 to prove that point.

Actually i has been waiting for almost 6 weeks already (since Ep 2) and it would drain my patience threshold if they pull up another filler this week.
Old 2013-06-22, 08:19   Link #24
Haiprbim
Banned

She is energetic, self-loving, carefree, but caring towards others.
Out of all the anime characters I've seen, she is still my favorite.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters