AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-12-24, 02:41   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Naruto Chapter 522 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Spoilers out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
Quote:
Zabuza/Haku hold onto sanity a little longer.

Haku finds out (through Kakashi) about Zabuza changing his mind about ninja being tools. Zabuza scolds Kakashi for bringing random shit up. Haku gets emotional.

Kabuto ups the ante and finally gets control of Zabuza/Haku. Kakashi explains that Gari from the stone village uses a bloodline Explosion jutsu: Bakuton. (Fire+Lightning?) Pakura uses a bloodline Heat? jutsu: Shakuton (Fire+Wind?)

Zabuza uses hidden mist and Kakashi warns about his silent killing technique. Kakashi/Sakura/Gai/Lee enter a back-to-back formation.

Meanwhile, Juugo/Suigetsu escape from prison. Suigetsu can't seem to be able to find his broken sword.

During the fight, Pakura turns a bunch of ninjas into dried up old figs (Think Crocodile in OP, I guess) by evaporating all their water. Gari blows up some dude. Haku's about to kill someone only to be stopped by Gai/Lee.

Zabuza and Kakashi duel.

Kabuto makes Gari and Pakura summon all former Seven Swordsmen of the Mist (Kisame excluded) + Zabuza's broken kitchen cleaver.

Chapter ends.

Last edited by james0246; 2011-01-06 at 00:18.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 02:57   Link #2
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
zzz , normally we're left with an epic cliff hanger. Instead we have errr... this
It's not that bad Personally I liked it very much. It has somehow 'nostalgic' feeling to me. Also any chapter with Zabuza and Haku is 'win win' for me

Last edited by milan kyuubi; 2010-12-24 at 03:33.
milan kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 03:29   Link #3
tensashinigami
ヴァイザード

It will be more downgrading for Naruto and more upgrading for Uchiha's; both, Madara and Sasuke.
tensashinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 03:50   Link #4
threepac3
Life is Relative

Looks Good Maybe
Old 2010-12-24, 04:15   Link #5
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Hmm, a spoiler's out.

Spoiler:
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 09:19   Link #6
james0246

^This is not a confirmed spoiler.

Just wanted to make sure everyone understood that.
Old 2010-12-24, 12:13   Link #7
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
^This is not a confirmed spoiler.

Just wanted to make sure everyone understood that.
Ya i think there's something really off about the last part about the seven swordsman in particular
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-24, 13:40   Link #8
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

The guy who posted the spoilers(Evil) OP's spoilers are said to be true. So I would say they are "likely" legit. We always used to get a leaked spoiler before Christmas.

One thing to add. It appears none of the swordsmen have their swords expect for Zabuza's.

Last edited by DeDe; 2010-12-24 at 14:00.
DeDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 00:36   Link #9
ntherblast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
The guy who posted the spoilers(Evil) OP's spoilers are said to be true. So I would say they are "likely" legit. We always used to get a leaked spoiler before Christmas.

One thing to add. It appears none of the swordsmen have their swords expect for Zabuza's.
just as sasori didnt have his puppets this is just great what was the point of even summoning them so that they can get steamrolled like sasori?
ntherblast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 11:20   Link #10
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

rofl 7 swordsman,the new akatsuki lol

just saw the pics,i dont think i can post them right?
Old 2010-12-25, 14:48   Link #11
james0246

^If you want to post a pic of the 7 Swordsmen, then go for it...but try and edit out the extra bits (dialogue and the other characters).

That being said, the spoiler Frenchie posted is confirmed.

Important to note, Kishimoto decided not to use Raiga as one of the 7 Swordsmen. For those who do not remember, Raiga was an anime filler villain that was once one of the 7 Swordsmen. There was much speculation on whether Kishimoto would use the character in his line-up, and it seems he decided against the inclusion.
Old 2010-12-25, 15:00   Link #12
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Anyone care to crop a pic to see if Raiga is indeed excluded?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 15:31   Link #13
Mizugetsu

NO! Raiga was useless anyway if memory serves

could this be the begining of the Kakashi year since Most of the resurrected are likely former enemys of team 7/ Kakashi seeing as he is familiar with each of this teams Bloodline Limits we could be in for an extended Kakashi Gaiden of maybe his days with the ANBU or even his assassination days prior to joining Team 7

Half of Writing History is Hiding the Truth
Mizugetsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 16:23   Link #14
LadyKikyo91
The Certified Fangirl

Well damn I guess Kishimoto wasn't done with Taka after all (well Juugo and Suigetsu at least, Karin I can't vouch for because well she's female). But I wonder what Kishimoto has in store for them because we all know that they can't go back to Sasuke and they can't join the Alliance's army either. So what are the gonna do hide out until the war is over or maybe the will be allowed to join the army and redeem themselves.
LadyKikyo91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 19:40   Link #15
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Raiga is nowhere to be seen. I stitched the images together, but since it's a scan there's the middle bit piece missing. Can't be bothered redrawing, that's a job of its own.

Spoiler:

Something tells me that's Suigetsu's brother at the back.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 19:44   Link #16
Fran~
floating away...

And what about Chojuro, he is a member of the Seven Ninja Swordsmen of the Mist too.
Old 2010-12-25, 19:48   Link #17
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
And what about Chojuro, he is a member of the Seven Ninja Swordsmen of the Mist too.
He's kind of not dead...so...yeah...

That being said, I really like the designs for the 3 Swordsmen to the right of Zabuza. Alternately, I hate the designs for the 3 Swordsmen to the left of Zabuza...
Old 2010-12-25, 19:48   Link #18
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

^ Kisame was also member as well. I think that the title of Seven Swordsmen is a generational thing. There could be several past generations of swordsmen.

I'm rather glad to see Raiga wasn't included in the group. He was lame

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-25, 19:56   Link #19
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That being said, I really like the designs for the 3 Swordsmen to the right of Zabuza. Alternately, I hate the designs for the 3 Swordsmen to the left of Zabuza...
Second guy from the left looks a lot like Mifune... the first 2 guys from the right looks incredible for Kishimoto's standards. They got some vibe from Rurouni Kenshin there.
Old 2010-12-26, 00:10   Link #20
Kotengu
KING RANSOM

I like the 2 wearing black. They look sweet. Honetly I'm surprised Kishi didn't pay a homage to Afro Samurai, but I guess that would be cloud village lol.

I hope one of em fights like scias from Breath of Fire.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion, weekly chapter thread, weekly spoiler discussion