AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2012-03-24, 23:20   Link #101
mochichan

LOL I know that Nihongogo post. Tho before that I'm totally ok with HR and I'm a girl lol. My japanese friend said it's normal for Japanese girls to peck on the lip or take bath together anyway so I didn't think it was a big deal + THE COLORS ARE SO PURTTY~~~ I'm a sucker for the visuals in the PV since I'm an art student lol AKB49 is awesome way to pimp them out :P I think they could do an anime about it too since it's pretty good.

Sashi has been pushed the whole year so I wasn't that surprise but holy hell everyone expected Tomo to take the 2nd spot and she seriously fell. Some fans said she changed into a Shibuya idol rather than Akiba and she lost alot of the wotas. The best moment was when Yui having a heart attack on stage lol~ it was hilarious. I swear she was trolling.

I hope Taka won't fall so far...and we need single just for AKB leader <3

btw~ http://vid48.com/

this site have AKB48 videos, even Moshidora Movie and PVs.
Fans make it to avoid the copyright crap. You can also upload vids tho right now there's some technical difficulties, tho the admin can upload long vids. they're still trying to make it better but you can upload PVs and stuffs there. If you want to introduce new fans, show them this.
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-24, 23:48   Link #102
Undertaker

I got most of my videos from Chinese sites, their fandom is pretty wild, includes pretty much a complete collection on all AKB variety shows and members regulars and such (all with subtitle which helps me out a bit as my Japanese is just barely passable.), though some older video have poor quality (though still watchable).

For me, I was prepared for Sashi's rise, but I didn't think she would get as high as #9 and it was a pretty decisive 9th as well. I thought heading in she was more of 11 or 12 maybe a close 10 at best. I mean she was almost 10,000 votes higher than Rena in the 10th and only about 5000 votes behind Tomochin, that was what shocked me.

As for Yui, her speech is also a highlight and the main reason that I started to pay attention to her because she it was then she overthrew my prior image of her being a detached in most of the variety shows and proofs her hardworking side. (A big point for me, though I should know by then that almost everyone in AKB has dual personality problems..)
Old 2012-03-25, 02:13   Link #103
sa547
*Author

Aki-P the ringmaster never fails to stir up a storm, but that move could complicate things a bit, as their Don Quixote main stage may not be big enough to hold five teams (and I believe they're still looking for a bigger home)!

Once again, there is no such thing as predictable for this man (and my jaw is still wide-open after reading). O_o
Old 2012-03-25, 06:16   Link #104
Katapan
俺様祭り

Heh, and we hadn't even learned the most shocking part yet. This week-end is truly a storm when it comes to AKB-related news: Acchan is now graduating. Suddenly Jurina's move starts making more sense...
Old 2012-03-25, 06:49   Link #105
sa547
*Author

^
Wow. A lot has happened in a span of a few days, and just as I'm trying to know a little more...

http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20...00409-oric-ent

Some think it's a sad day, but I think it's a new beginning, maybe once they finish doing their gig at Tokyo Dome, I'll respect Aachan's wishes as a woman growing up, and besides, whatever endeavor she truly wants to go into without strings attached or preconditions, I'd say "Go for it!"
Old 2012-03-25, 06:59   Link #106
Shinji01

Was just following the Japanese fans and the concert.

I think its good that acchan is graduating. She needs it.
The poor girl keeps hyperventilating, which means there must be something wrong.
I hope she takes time off, refresh and concentrate on her health and then come back a much happier person.

Like I mentioned in my last post, I was starting to feel that being in AKB was hindering her career.
I cant help but guess that akimoto was the one that was pushing her to do lead roles while she knew herself that she want ready to do that.

So with this graduation, maybe she will finally be able to do what is suitable for her, not what is expected from her as the center of AKB.
Shinji01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 08:46   Link #107
sa547
*Author

Anyway, it'll be a very interesting experiment to observe how the franchise would function as a whole once she leaves. Also it made sense that a few arrangements, countermeasures, checks and balances have been done to ensure the teams are kept intact.

But still...

Damn. *sighs*

Confirmed:
Quote:
Translation from AkiP G+:
Maeda Atsuko announced her graduation.

We discussed this quite a few times, and of course I tried to stop her, but I told her "please decide for yourself". I also said that if she decides to announce it, then do it on the last day of SSA concert. Probably during the MC of "Dareka no Tameni".

When her hand was on her chest and she was calming down, I thought, "she's going to do it."
She is a stoic person.
She doesn't like to have casual/meaningless relationships with people so she corners herself.
She is a loner.
She is hard on herself and sometimes people think she's cross.

But it's also difficult for her when she thinks everyone coddles her.
Maybe she is afraid that if she stays in this easy environment longer, she might become an unreasonable, selfish person.
So, she is going to challenge herself by jumping into the cruel real world.
I have asked the ever-so-clumsy Maeda to be the center for 6-1/2 years, so it's time to let her
do what she wants.
We haven't decided anything yet, but we would like everyone to send warm wishes to her graduation.

You worked very, very hard.

You did great.

credit to:Bilingual48
http://www.tokyohive.com/2012/03/mae...ment-475865095

-------------

BTW, Happy Birthday, Mayuyu.

(In my country, she'll be sure to get a fully-blown debut party, the whole works!)

Last edited by sa547; 2012-03-25 at 11:26.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 12:29   Link #108
mochichan

Quote:
Since 14 years old, I’ve been here as original member. This is all my life. It’s a big decision for me…
…The 2nd big decision I’ve made. I’m going to graduate.”

“My moods are swinging easily and perhaps that has caused a lot of troubles for members….
…To stand in Tokyo Dome is my dream since 14 years old. But now, being 20, I remember that… ”

… there’s things that must be done to make dreams come true. I don’t know what will come after this. But I. Will work hard.”
“The details haven’t been decided yet. When it’s been decided, I will convey it to everyone. Thank you very much.”

“Maybe only short time left, but I’m still AKB48 members. I hope to make wonderful memories with everyone. Thank you very much!”

Cr: AKB48Journal
Kasai Tomomi was hyperventilating I never knew they were that close (Takamina, TomoTomo were the ones around Acchan in a circle).

I want to know how Acchan and AKB will do. I hope Acchan will have a better career but honestly her drama ratings are pretty bad. I wish she stuck around to use AKB name to get more jobs and improve more.
Who's going to be the new center? Yuko? or Jurina? Those 2 girls have too much star power tho...They take away the attention in the other members when they're there.
or maybe Sashi? She is AkiP favorite...
Old 2012-03-25, 13:24   Link #109
Undertaker

Team 8 really isn't that surprising considering that none of 13th gen got promoted and the consensus is that crop lead by Mitsumune Kaoru might be the strongest group yet since the Kenkyusei era begins and is the secret weapon for AKS to gain back control of the group. Heck, some even compare their work ethic to 1st and 2nd gen and is hungry to take over.

As for the real shocker on Aachan's graduation. I really thought she would at least stay for another year or so, making sure the new waves are able to stand on their own. But from personal side, the decision is fairly logical. Her dream/goal is always being an elite actress. At this point of the acting career, while she is not quite a draw as main lead, she has develop into a more then solid supporting actress in her own and don't have to worry about lack of opportunities. In fact, her AKB activities might even hampering her acting career right now.

With that being said, I still think it a bit too early. IMO, she should at least give it another year, making sure her popularity is secure with upcoming polls and a few more drama/movie like Mushidora and Saiko no Jinsei: Ending Planner to erase the debacle that was Hana-Kimi last year.

But yeah, this make Jurina move into perfect sense. Yuko won't be a long-term solution due to her age and similar goal to Aachan. With Jurina being just 15, she can stay in center for another 5-6 years and once Mitsumune Kaoru is ready in a year or two AKB can return to the double Ace scenario like Aachan and Yuko is for past 3,4 years.

Either way, it feels that a storm is coming...
Old 2012-03-25, 13:44   Link #110
mochichan

Jurina is already half dead with the works she's doing. I doubt she got the stamina to take on AKB center at the same time unless she completely move to AKB and leave SKE with Rena. Yuko is more popular but people complain she's too distracting as center. I HOPE TO GOD IT'S NOT KAORU! I used to like her but after this I dun care about her anymore

http://www.everyday48.net/forum/view...t=kaoru#p71870

I think Mayuyu have high potential to be next ace. She's young, cute, already popular.
Old 2012-03-25, 14:44   Link #111
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
I think Mayuyu have high potential to be next ace. She's young, cute, already popular.
I AGREE WITH THIS STATEMENT.

But I'd rather see Yuko as ace, even if Mayuyu is my oshi ~

I CAN'T BELIEVE ACCHAN IS LEAVING. SHE'S THE REASON I EVER STARTED FOLLOWING AKB. OMGAHHD.

Miko Miko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 15:03   Link #112
mochichan

I hope Yuko will be center too but fans say she have too much star power. The reason Acchan was a good center is because she can shine but not overshadow everyone else.
So basically whoever will be the next center need to be a boring girl......lol...

Watching their Saitama concert right now and I'm tearing hearing Acchan singing Flower
Old 2012-03-25, 15:08   Link #113
Undertaker

Which I believe Jurina would eventually completes the transfer, otherwise the move made no sense considering that W Matsui are already heavily involved in AKB as is and the Tage side really won't add much to it.

I really like Mayuyu as well, but I just don't see her as center. It's not her ability but more of style. I just can't shake feeling that if Mayuyu ends up as center, AKB will be force to turn into Wata-tai style all the time and I don't know if just 1 style of songs can carry AKB. Her Mouse persona is a very nice, but even that didn't really deviates from her traditional cute idol style.

Yuko, IMO, is definitely not long term. It's being a long rumor that she has thought about graduating herself even years ago and her career goal and path is similar to Aachan and is 3 years older.

Personally I don't mind a revolving center style between Takamina, Mayuyu, Yuko/Jurina, Tomochin, and Yukirin. Mariko and Kojiharu just don't seem like center type for me.

As for Kaoru, if you mean the rumor that she got in through back door, well those things happens anyway. Hell, Mariko technically didn't have to go through audition as well as the only 1.5 gen member. The only issue I'll have is that if she is not up the par and somehow she got in. But form all indication and rumors, she is legit talent with solid foundation similar to Yuko, Jurina and NMB's Sayaka where audition is really more of a formality than anything.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-03-25 at 15:20.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-25, 17:32   Link #114
sa547
*Author

Now that really makes things very confusing, as there has to be someone who can be relied on to be the rallying point or flight lead. But, yes, any of the girls will have to change an aspect of herself (or even several) to qualify for the center role, and it's going to be tough trying to put into Aachan's shoes (or more precisely, those lace-on boots).

(BTW, I'm getting very much used to the language/terminology, and yeah, just when I want to get a little more acquainted than just casual listening, the whole weekend's worth of changes within the organization kind of threw me off like a typhoon blasting at more than 300mph.

And her 'throwing the towel' declaration is very hard for me to listen.)

Last edited by sa547; 2012-03-25 at 17:57.
Old 2012-03-25, 18:24   Link #115
mochichan

Mariko was different tho. She didn't audition but she worked hard to be accepted by AKB fan.
I'll just copy a fan comment since I agree with the whole thing.

Quote:
She was already a successful model with a fanbase before entering AKB48. AKB is supposed to be for girls who are starting from zero. Every other KKS is this, and went through a series of auditions to be there. They are working their way slowly from Zenza Girls to full shows to eventually being promoted to a team. It's a jumping off point for a career in entertainment once you've gained a foothold. She was added through a deal with a company, never had to do Zenza Girls, and debuted with Team A last month. Most of 12th gen has yet to perform in Mokugekisha. She's horrible on stage and obviously doesn't care at all about performing as an idol. She is a model and her interest in AKB is what fame she can gain with her 3 year contract.

And no. She is not a Mariko clone. Model + short hair ≠ Mariko, unless you really think that all Mariko ever had to offer or ever contributed to AKB48 was being a model. She put in six years of hard work and built this group from the ground up with the rest of Ori A. There is a similarity between Kaoru and Mariko. Neither of them had to audition. But Mariko was not added by a company who wanted to make a deal with AkiP, AKB48 fans who visited the theater and came to know Mariko when she was working in the cafe made a petition to have her added to the group. She was voted in by the fans at the very beginning. She is a mother figure in the group and takes the younger girls under her wing. She watches over her fellow overworked senbatsu members, staying with Takamina when she fainted at Yoyogi and when she hurt her leg at 2010 Janken, and recently imploring Jurina to slow down. The last similarity between Mariko and Kaoru is that neither of them need AKB48. Kaoru is there to reap whatever benefits she can from the current situation. Mariko is there because she loves AKB48 and she loves the members. She wants to be in AKB48 because it's the home and family she's helped to build over the last 6 years. Kaoru is not even close to being Mariko, and it makes me sick when people make these shallow comparisons. It's unbelievable that people don't appreciate everything Mariko has brought to AKB48.
Mariko put effort into being accept by AKB. Kaoru just got in cuz she's already modeling from an agency. I don't like Yui, she's kinda boring but I accept her being push because she worked for it. In Kaoru case, it's hard to sympathize.

I can't see Jurina totally transfer.....She put so much effort into SKE. I think AkiP transfer her to K is to test out how Jurina will grow in AKB more so yes, I think he's considering her as a new ace. IDK..i guess Takamina could be a good choice? She's the group leader and she original was the AKB center if you look at Skirt Hirari.
Old 2012-03-25, 19:41   Link #116
Undertaker

Wait a minute, Mariko wasn't a model before AKB, certainly not a successful one. Her audition for AKB was suppose to be her last shot before giving up and return home. After she failed the audition she even had to work as an waitress in the AKB Cafe before fans took a like to her and put her name in popularity votes even though she isn't a member.

Wait a min.... your quote is about Kaoru not Mariko... got confused there for a sec.

Anyway,

I realize that Kaoru is in complete different situation, but fact remains that even if it was true, it's not unprecedented. (not passing audition)

And yes, while there hasn't be member who join when they were already successful there are members who join with solid training and experience in the industry. So the notion "from zero" really isn't apply here and was never an criteria. Only the first gen members had really been starting from ground up and even then the recruiting slogan is about reaching dreams and never specifically targeting amateurs, it just happens that the result was a group of amateur.

With that being said, it's not like the first gen is all complete noobs. Tomochin was child dancer from GIRLSBOX and had experience as background dancer in concerts.

And once you past the original there are many with training or related background.

I mean Yuko's a child actress and was even in a unsuccessful idol group that debuted with a single before she enters AKB audition.

Akicha and Tomomi both have older sister in entertainment industry.

NMB's Yamamoto Sayaka was in a highly anticipate band MAD CATZ back then before the band inexplicably disbanded, in fact NMB is full of members who has readership model experience or prior band or idol experiences.

NMB basically opens the flood gate that 48 project isn't just about amateur with no background. It had become as long as you have potential and the drive, we shape you into idol.

Like I said, Kaoru's entry might be controversial but if she has the work ethics and the potential and a dream to match. I don't see any problem with that.

As for the criticism that you quoted, the fact suggest otherwise. Apparently she is still attracting many fans most fans, and last time I check, she rises quickly through the Kenkyusei ranking on 2Ch and is still dubbed as AKB's secret weapon.

As for reaping benefit of the group, why is that a bad thing? Even the original members mentioned often that AKB isn't the goal but a stepping stone and a place for them to grow. That doesn't mean they don't love AKB and I don't see how those two have to contradict each other when reaping benefit and love for group can co-exist.

Really, only Mariko has clearly stated that she won't leave until they make her leave, everyone else are still hoping to grow enough that they can solo but no one questions their love for group.

For heaven's sake, Maimai and other members who left still shows up in AX concert to show their support and she still remain contact with certain members.

As for center situation,

Takamina w/Yuko could be the new co-center. Like you said, while she never really been a sole center Takamina has always been the go-to co-center before Jurina's debut and Yuko's rise. And even then, Takamina/Aachain is still the featured pair in none-sole center situation and her style is very flexible.

But that still doesn't solve the problem long term. IMO, Jurina might not have a choice. Besides, her relationship with the core original AKB members are well known and arguably even closer then her SKE comrades. I mean she spend her 15th birthday with Mariko, NyanNyan and other core AKB members rather than members from SKE. It could just coincidence but it does little to suggest her ties to SKE is more then AKB.

BTW, I'm not suggesting Jurina has no love for SKE because obviously she does, but like the AKB Reorganization almost 4 years ago, it's something she can learn to adapt and like I said her relation with AKB members now is much better than the relation between Team AK and Team B back then and her relation with SKE isn't that much stronger than those individual teams were back then either. Of course, all this is just my opinion.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-03-25 at 20:03.
Old 2012-03-25, 19:56   Link #117
sa547
*Author

Anyhow, Aachan is too good that I hope they don't erase her off the promotional materials or any older video footage.

If I could play J-games, I would love to see this:
Spoiler for Hopefully, not bad but...:

Last edited by sa547; 2012-03-25 at 20:49.
Old 2012-03-25, 20:12   Link #118
mochichan

Undertaker. The first paragraph was about Kaoru

It's not unprecedented but it's hard to cheer for her. I mean other KKS girls worked for their spot while Kaoru is getting promoted due to her connection and her own agency. She didn't audition. Even tho the other AKB girls did have experiences, they still work to get there. It just doesn't seem fair even if AKB is a stepping stone. I still don't like her so w/e She's the only push girl i don't like. I'm ok with Jurina, she worked to compete in AKB, and Yui worked for her spot in K. W/e not going to change my mind. I don't hate Kaoru but I don't think she deserve to be push.

AKB will win. Just cuz they're a freaking army + Idolmaster don't sell millions

http://www.tokyohive.com/2012/03/akb...ction-in-june/

Time to go broke.
Old 2012-03-25, 20:13   Link #119
Undertaker

@sa547

I think those erase has more to do members who are no longer active in entertainment scene. Japanese industry is really picky on that, once you are not active, you're civilian and out of privacy and professional courtesy, they put mosaic on you on air. It's weird I know, but that is the way it works there.

As long as Aachan still active, her footage should be fine, but once she left she obviously can't appear in any promotional stuff. But old footage should be find as long as Aachan is quitting the whole industry all together.

@mochichan

I can see where you come from. For me, that really didn't bother me. The way AKB burst to scene after years of foundation building and the current success they enjoy, it's inevitable. In fact, the moment they need to sell away the talent contracts to other agencies guarantees things such as thing would happen sooner or later. It's a double edged sword, those agency saved AKB resource-wise back them, they'll want to use the goupr to push they own talent is not that much off. I'm actually more surprised there hasn't been more. of them.

Personally I only know about Kaoru from what I read in blogs and forums and as such since she is still mostly a mystery to me. Time will tell though, if she really lives up to the Secret Weapon label she has right now.

But I would be lying if I said I not interested in her eventual debut if for no other reason than to see what the hype is about. I mean, you can't even find that many picture of her online and she is supposedly be famous already?

BTW, double check her background, her agency is AKS (parent company for all 48 groups), same as every other 48 family members whose contract were not sold. So to say she is based on agency connection is a bit rough on her and her only notable achievement was winning an model competition 6 months before joining AKB. The way I see it, at worse, she is someone AKS scouted themselves to be placed in specifically for AKB.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-03-25 at 20:38.
Old 2012-03-25, 20:36   Link #120
mochichan

I was curious when I saw her. I stanned Kaoru the moment I saw her at the Kobe fashion show. But now I couldn't careless.
The reason I like AKB so much in the first place is the whole "normal girls becoming stars through hardwork." Seeing them work hard to earn their place is amazing, it's just weird having a new girl who can get in because she's popular.

I think Kaoru got high marketing potential but yeah.......dun...care....