AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

View Poll Results: Psycho-Pass - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 23 35.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 23.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 9.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.62%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 4.62%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.54%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.54%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-21, 23:32   Link #41
Kirarakim

I've been thinking about the whole imagery in the opening of Akane pointing the dominator towards Kou who is pointing the gun towards Makishima.

I don't necessarily think that means she will shoot Kou but that Akane will have to make a choice, possibly between Makishima & Kou but also possibly something else.

Right now the series has presented us with 3 possibilities: destroying everything (Makishima), following a corrupt system (sybil system), becoming a renegade (Kougami).

But who says there is not another and better choice than these 3? I am just convinced Akane will find this choice in the end.

Now that doesn't mean I think Akane & Kougami will go off in the sunset together (as much as I might dream of it ), I am sure there is still a sacrifice to be made, but an ending of Akane shooting Kougami, no I don't see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan
well there is just more "body" is not it? in a other place
I think you just completely missed what I was trying to say. It was just a silly side comment, so I don't want to make a bigger deal than is necessary. I understood that they must have more places to put the sybil system even if Makishima destroyed that body. And heck they could have different bodies, millions of the chief bodies, or maybe they just repaired that one.

The character of the chief (or sybil system) annoys me so the idea of millions of that body is not pleasant to me. It was just a random comment.

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2013-02-22 at 12:24.
Old 2013-02-21, 23:37   Link #42
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
I've been thinking about the whole imagery in the opening of Akane pointing the dominator towards Kou who is pointing the gun towards Makishima.

I don't necessarily think that means she will shoot Kou but that Akane will have to make a choice, possibly between Makishima & Kou but also possibly something else.

Right now the series has presented as with 3 possibilities: destroying everything (Makishima), following a corrupt system (sybil system), becoming a renegade (Kougami).

But who says there is not another and better choice than these 3? I am just convinced Akane will find this choice in the end.

Now that doesn't mean I think Akane & Kougami will go off in the sunset together (as much as I might dream of it ), I am sure there is still a sacrifice to be made, but an ending of Akane shooting Kougami, no I don't see it.
The worst that could happen to Kougami is to die for and the worst that could Akane got him by the end of the anime is becoming an executor
Old 2013-02-21, 23:40   Link #43
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
The only one that annoyed me is that chief/sybil system avatar. How many of those do they have? I though Makishima destroyed her last time? Now I have this fear that they have this closet full of chiefs.
It's not too surprising that they'd have backup bodies. There ARE about 47 brains that aren't hooked into the system at any one time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
You have someone who denied the system, or rather "overthrew" it. Why wouldn't you be more interested? At this point we don't know what means they'll take to capture Makishima. Hell, he could be returned alive and then his brain ripped out of his head and implanted into the system for all we know.
Because quite frankly, someone like Makishima is too dangerous. ESPECIALLY since he's in on the whole secret to what Sybil is. The enforcers were barely able to capture him last time, so doing it a second time when he'd be even more on guard is risking allot. Even if they can advance their collective by including Makishima in it, this is the same guy who could just as easily personally get them all killed/deposed if he decided to release the information he has.

No matter how you look at it, Sybil is acting very reckless, taking big risks while hoping for a payoff...it's kind of ironic that the brain in the Chief had the gall to lecture Gino about doing the exact same thing with Kougami.

When you add that to the Directors two faced lying to Gino to cover up the fact that they just plain screwed up security when transporting Gino...these people don't really seem to have any legitimacy in terms of competence to rule.
Old 2013-02-21, 23:41   Link #44
mistress_kisara

That was a good episode, Akane was awesome and Kougami's goodbye letter to her was bittersweet Bad animation quality though (Director already apologized for it, I'll be watching this again when they redo the animation)
Old 2013-02-22, 00:25   Link #45
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Gen isn't going to cop out with an Akane killing Kogami ending. I agree with Kiramkim that it's far more likely that Akane finds that elusive alternative, otherwise the entire point of her character in this series will be largely for naught.

That said, because this is Gen, sacrifices will occur, which will make the eventual triumph of Akane that much sweeter, I'm sure.

I know I've been hard on Akane, but as I said during those times, my opinion of a character is on the present, not their future (and likely) potential. I always knew Akane's moment of weakness was intended to build off of, and I'm glad to see she's done so splendidly.

Gino, on the other hand, surprised me, as I never really gave much thought to him ever being anything but an emasculated yes man, so it was pleasant to see him break out of the generic glasses-wearing role he's held throughout the series. It'll be interesting to see where he ends up in his unraveling faith in the system by the time the series concludes.
Also, cake.
Old 2013-02-22, 02:04   Link #46
Dark Wing

Nice episode despite the "QUALITY!" I'll have to give it Akane it took balls to do what she did and with a straight face no less.
Old 2013-02-22, 02:15   Link #47
garbage

so yeah confirmed multiple chief's body...and chief/sibyl being an arrogant dick to division 1 again, but everything's coming apart now they can't really hide the flaws anymore.

whoa death flag(?) , "no matter what happens you will remain a detective, could you promise me that..." but for whom...

nice to see Ginoza finally getting some backbone going against the chief with regards to Kou. and pretty clever with that ruse, guess he's really warming up to his Otousan. Too bad they didn't know the chief IS sibyl with all its eyes all around...but oh man Akane finally caught the eyes of the chief, with her quick thinking...and apparent "emotionless" action...

so i guess it's not really a death flag but just a parting flag...well I hope so...ED song gets more poignant and relevant with this development. ( gosh i really love Egoist )
BTW are they shipping KouXAkane...

And Finally JUDGE DREDD comes around and it turns out to be Kou!!!

PS. i get to here HanaKana's "Baka" again always gets me....
Old 2013-02-22, 02:27   Link #48
Entravity

A lot slower than the other episodes but it's just the calm before the storm. I'm greatly anticipating the next episode. It'll be interesting to see how this all ends.
Old 2013-02-22, 02:40   Link #49
garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
Anyways, Kougami will now hunt down Makishima.
He doesn't give a crap about the rest of the people being opressed by the system, but just hunts Makishima, because
Spoiler:
he wouldn't accept himself anymore if he couldn't.
hmm pretty strange take on the episode...when Kougami himself stated he became a detective to Protect people. He left because like Masaoka before he also no longer trusts this system. He goes after Makishima first because it's the more urgent business, because sure as hell he will kill again. Doubtless he has lots of misgivings about the whole sibyl system, why else would he talk back like that, not to mention all of the things he told Ginoza if you missed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
On the other hand, I could see Akane working with Makishima in spite of everything that happened. She's a lot more pragmatic and cool-headed than Kogami. If Makishima is needed to destroy a greater evil, she will gladly use him.
I don't know, she did have that line where she said she finally understood JUSTICE is important but so is ORDER, so it's kinda reaching for her to go with Makishima who is more of an anarchist, not to mention he did kill her best friend...
side note: it really is strange how the chief allowed Div1 & Div 2 to see that she can override the dominator. Unbelievably stupid or elitist "can't touch me" arrogant, and that's right after a scene where Ginoza was saying there's no one who can override Sibyl's judgement...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
They said they're not each other's type anyway. Besides, I thought she said that as a sort of compliment. Something like "I don't really like you but I might have slept with you just because you're a pretty awesome dude".
yup, i also take it the same way too, more like mutual respect and admiration.
Old 2013-02-22, 02:51   Link #50
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
yup, i also take it the same way too, more like mutual respect and admiration.
and then kind of "sentence" for the Shion's character limit is "normal" and not surprisingly
Old 2013-02-22, 02:55   Link #51
Quadratic
SIBYL salesman

For a serious episode, I couldn't stop laughing through out the episode.
The faces were just so bad I had to go back every few minutes and purposely concentrate on the subs alone and force myself to avoid the faces.
If we had a ridiculous image thread, 99% of the images would contain this episode alone.
I guess even a dark show like this needs some light hearted comedy every now and then, too!

Heck, maybe they wanted to give Shinsekai Yori episode 5 a run for its money .
Old 2013-02-22, 02:58   Link #52
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadratic View Post
The faces were just so bad I had to go back every few minutes and purposely concentrate on the subs alone and force myself to avoid the faces.
If we had a ridiculous image thread, 99% of the images would contain this episode alone.
I guess even a dark show like this needs some light hearted comedy every now and then, too!

you also think it is wrong the animation of the episode? Well it's horrible I hope they do not relaxes for animation.... because it's the last episodes ....
Old 2013-02-22, 03:06   Link #53
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbage View Post
side note: it really is strange how the chief allowed Div1 & Div 2 to see that she can override the dominator. Unbelievably stupid or elitist "can't touch me" arrogant, and that's right after a scene where Ginoza was saying there's no one who can override Sibyl's judgement...
It does seem a bit ridiculous of a thing to do considering that they could have just zapped Kougami then confined him.

But I'm wondering if what the director said about "them" having gotten used to peace for too long is something really particular with the Sybil collective. The helmet riots, lack of security around Sybil itself, the absolutely botched transfer of prisoner Makishima, and their general flum gandery when it comes to dealing with Kougami?

The only logical explanation so far is that the Sybil system utterly sucks at actual internal security, and is too secretive/pompous to do anything about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadratic View Post

I'm gonna be optimistic and assume for now that this is because they're heavily devoting energies to the final episodes which will be crazy animation quality =P
Old 2013-02-22, 03:43   Link #54
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

I am starting to wonder whether or not Makishima would release the recording of the brains to the public now that he has control of the video camera. As his accomplice said, Sybil would be so screwed if he did so.

Anyway. I think the brains have gone too far this episode. It's like they don't even TRY to mask their activity anymore. Murder in broad daylight in front of three inspectors and one enforcer? What the hell were they thinking?
Old 2013-02-22, 03:46   Link #55
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
I am starting to wonder whether or not Makishima would release the recording of the brains to the public now that he has control of the video camera. As his accomplice said, Sybil would be so screwed if he did so.

Anyway. I think the brains have gone too far this episode. It's like they don't even TRY to mask their activity anymore. Murder in broad daylight in front of three inspectors and one enforcer? What the hell were they thinking?
It is true that the limit was provocation ... or worse is that the brain of this episode thought they'd be too stupid to see and / or understand
Old 2013-02-22, 04:03   Link #56
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
It is true that the limit was provocation ... or worse is that the brain of this episode thought they'd be too stupid to see and / or understand
The worst is that I don't understand why anyone would try to shoot Kogami in this episode. Whatever the chief said, he " didn't breach any code of trust". He was transferred into the other division under standard procedures as well as the authorization of his direct superiors. Someone should have questioned the CHief about this.
Old 2013-02-22, 04:20   Link #57
Quadratic
SIBYL salesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
you also think it is wrong the animation of the episode? Well it's horrible I hope they do not relaxes for animation.... because it's the last episodes ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
I'm gonna be optimistic and assume for now that this is because they're heavily devoting energies to the final episodes which will be crazy animation quality =P
To be fair, the animation (ie. motions/movements) are fine/tolerable, it's just the derpy faces that really got me this time round because of the shear number of them appearing constantly.
I, too, want to believe they allocated less budgets (ie. used the bad artists) on this episode so more money would be thrown in the final episodes.

It's no surprise I can just pick some random some timeframes and catch some bad shots.
The last one below with Masaoka is so creepy that it's funny and hurting me:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
The worst is that I don't understand why anyone would try to shoot Kogami in this episode. Whatever the chief said, he " didn't breach any code of trust". He was transferred into the other division under standard procedures as well as the authorization of his direct superiors. Someone should have questioned the CHief about this.
The chief is aware of Kogami's connection with Makishima and Kogami poses a threat against capturing Makishima alive/keeping his brain intact, and everyone knew how Kogami would "accidently" look for Makishima while in the other division.

Anyway, Akane's caught Sibyl's attention with that action... Another flag is raised for Akane getting a "promotion"?
Old 2013-02-22, 05:09   Link #58
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

You know I didn't even notice the "poor" quality. Although that's nothing new to me lol.
Old 2013-02-22, 06:21   Link #59
Kirarakim

I thought the episode wasn't up to its usual standards visually but to be fair it wasn't as bad as last week's Magi episode which also had problems.
Old 2013-02-22, 07:58   Link #60
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

This was a great episode! Except for the animation. Did anyone else notice that Gino teleported at one point? (10 minutes 55 seconds through the ep.) And Masaoka's mouth animation was really bad at several points, particularly when talking to Kougami. He looked like a robot.

Best things about this ep:

- Masaoka and Gino talking! And also Masaoka and Kougami talking. Masaoka, bringer of safe houses, cars and working weapons. What a competent detective.

- Akane's quick thinking action to save Kougami was amazing. Her voice was so steady...And pretending that the Dominator was malfunctioning was a great way to sweep things under the carpet. (I wonder if Sybil is going to take notice of her now? I mean, if they don't only recruit psychopaths, surely Akane would look like a great braiiiiinssss candidate. Clear, undisturbed hue, quick thinking, decisive, effective...)

Poor Gino. I have no idea how he's going to handle things after the situation he was put in this ep.

- I like how cool headed Kougami is. He didn't blame Akane for Makishima's escape the way some people did. He even thinks that her course of action is correct.

- Because of this ep and the way the Chief acted, the characters have all the puzzle pieces they need to go forward. Kougami even put his finger right on the issue. And then the chief basically proved him right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Gino: Uhhhh, how the fuck did Makishima escape?

Director: uuuuuhhh, he must have, like, had inside help! It's not that we're fucking idiots! No way! We're gods! errrr, I mean...we're entirely competent and reasonable authority figures! No wannabee omnipotents with delusions of grandeur! NOW SHUT UP! WE TOTALLY DIDN'T LET HIM ESCAPE CAUSE WE'RE IDIOTS!
Perfection!

To be quite honest, if the Sybil system had any sense, they would be ordering Makishima to be killed on sight (...not that they can affect him with a Dominator...) or at least for the police to be told that he doesn't need to be brought in alive. He Knows Too Much, wants to bring down the system, and has proven that he's capable of doing so. Yet they want him swaddled in cotton wool? Idiots...

In regard to the MSWPB group, it's really looking as if Sybil is planning to have them all killed after Makishima is caught again, because now they know that the Chief can instantly over-ride the system to murder people, and the Kagari and Makishima things are at a level where even the other teams' Inspectors didn't trust what's going on (and that was before they saw the Chief's murder attempt). Or...could it just be that Sybil is so incompetent that it doesn't believe that these actions could cause problems for it later, and it was just so keen to protect Makishima('s delicious brainsss) that it realised it had to get rid of Kougami ASAP, even if it meant all those Inspectors seeing that override happen?

At this point I can't tell whether the Sybil system is stupidly going after having Makishima join it because (a) it can't comprehend that it has screwed up and it needs to change its goals, or (b) that they think Makishima's brain is just that good that it's worth it all.

Quote:
That's true, but after seeing what the Chief did this episode, I'd say there's no way that anyone with any sense is going to try to question her or have any trust in her. She didn't care about the reasons, she just cared about killing Kougami, and was also able to change the Dominator's mode. And that should all make the Inspectors there incredibly wary...They should know now that the Chief is no ally of theirs.
Closed Thread