Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2011-10-17, 21:42   Link #81
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Also A-1 has a lot to spend with Uta no Prince-sama and the iDOLM@STER doing pretty good sales-wise.
No, that money goes straight to aniplex. But that's from where their hax funding come to begin with.
Old 2011-10-17, 23:41   Link #82
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

with A-1 as the animation studio, the only way this can suck is if they screw the story, or have an awful direction, the only fault ive seen from A-1 was with birdy the migthy and was just one ep, but A-1 is only behind kyoany and ufotable animation wise.
Old 2011-10-18, 01:01   Link #83
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Pretty much;

Shana, Haruka no Himitsu, Baccano!, Inukami!, Asura Cryin', Index, Toradora, Durarara, OreImo, Denpa Onna, KamiMemo, RBK, C3 and Horizon to name a few.

Anohana alone would last them a few years.
It's not RBK (Ro-Kyu-Bu!), it's RKB !
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 01:05   Link #84
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i dint knew that was a novel....
Old 2011-10-18, 06:28   Link #85
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

So-Ra-No-Wo-To and Fractale are two of A-1 Pictures's titles in which the character-design was just horrible compared to their respective illustrations.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 08:00   Link #86
tsunade666

But I like the story of fractale and soranowoto so I have no complains. SAO is a pretty popular novel with Kirito always in top of the male leads in the polls so it's hard to imagine A-1 will screw this one. And if it's story telling. They won't be having much problem if they follow the mains story which doesn't branch that much. It's a pretty simple story and not to complicated to tell.
Old 2011-10-18, 15:25   Link #87
com_gwp

Studio is fine, A-1 has been doing a solid job over the last few seasons, and with a relatively popular franchise like SAO I'll imagine you won't have to worry much animation wise since budget will be allocated.

Which would mean the problem would most likely be direction. So many adaptations failed because the directors were unable to properly adapt the source material into anime form (Biggest offender in recent memory being the highly disappointing TWGOK) or that the source material was weak to begin with. Since the SAO novels were pretty decent tho, I can only hope they pull off a decent adaptation.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 17:26   Link #88
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Looks like dot Hack modernized for todays moe sensitive world. Could prove interesting if it gets a budget and decent direction.

edit: Oh no not A-1. Everything they do is just so boring to me. Oh well looks like this really will be the successor to dot Hack.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 18:06   Link #89
Dark Wing

Someone currect me if I'm wrong but didn't this Novel series predate dot hack?
Old 2011-10-18, 19:21   Link #90
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Someone currect me if I'm wrong but didn't this Novel series predate dot hack?
Not even remotely close by a long shot in the dark trying to hit a grape from a hundred yards away. .Hack is from 2002, Light Novels barely go back a decade. A simple wikipedia check reveals that this is from 2009.

A lot of people seem unaware of this, but there was a time when Light Novels weren't the biggest thing in anime adaptations. My interest in anime alone far predates them, but eh.....
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-18, 19:26   Link #91
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Not even remotely close by a long shot in the dark trying to hit a grape from a hundred yards away. .Hack is from 2002, Light Novels barely go back a decade. A simple wikipedia check reveals that this is from 2009.

A lot of people seem unaware of this, but there was a time when Light Novels weren't the biggest thing in anime adaptations. My interest in anime alone far predates them, but eh.....
This series started in 2002 as a web novel after the author was turned down by publishers. It's popularity and the fact that his new work(Accel World) won a prize got them to decide to publish this as well finally.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 02:07   Link #92
tsunade666

ah.... Accel world if I remember it is his original work after he started as a proper Author. SAO is indeed a web novel which been pretty popular in the net and ended up being license or turned into a proper light novel.

But even if SAO started in year 2002. .Hack is still much more popular series than this one so a comparison won't be avoided. And .hack goes international while SAO stays in the net for years as a japanese web novel before it turn into a light novel. Plus there will be more comparison to come with other online game type of anime but .hack is the more popular one so it got compared to that.

Story wise..... it's different, very different. We won't be seeing infections here
Old 2011-10-19, 08:00   Link #93
tomtkp

Yeah, no infections in the story of SAO, just a genius programmer's vision of a real virtual world.
tomtkp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 12:22   Link #94
Kunagisa

C/P my post from the AW thread.

Spoiler for just in case:
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 12:35   Link #95
tsunade666

but isn't the timeline for 2 series different? I get the feeling that it exist at the same universe but the timeline for AW is like the future of SAO.
Old 2011-10-19, 12:39   Link #96
Kunagisa

SAO 2022
AW 2033

Not that far apart actually.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-19, 12:46   Link #97
tsunade666

Then Kirito will be around 29 or 30.

How old is Kirito to begin with? I think he is 17 and Asuna is 18. though it might be 15 and 16.... but I'm sure Asuna is older by a year <.< I think >.> sure on the older part but not sure on how big the age gap.
Old 2011-10-19, 13:22   Link #98
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
SAO 2022
AW 2033

Not that far apart actually.
Where did you get 2033 for AW? Everything i've heard said it was 2045ish because it's been 15 years since the tech implant thing was for everyone and that was 2030 I think.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 00:02   Link #99
Zakoo

Hmm Kirito was 14 when he entered the game, it was said in ... the super special juuhachi sai chapter.
Zakoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-20, 06:08   Link #100
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
It's about damn time. Now with SAO finally getting an anime adaptation, I guess the top ten list of popular light novels getting animated has just been completed. BokuTomo, Oreimo, and Index were on that list also, so it's only natural that this would get released as well.

Tags
action, romance, shounen