AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

View Poll Results: Negima Episode 26 Rating
Perfect 10 4 10.53%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 10.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 7.89%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 21.05%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 15.79%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 5.26%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 5.26%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 23.68%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-03-26, 20:31   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Negima Episode 26 Discussion / Poll [END]

Welcome to the discussion thread for Negima, Episode 26!

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for raws.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Manga out of the anime thread.
    If you need to reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use clearly marked Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for Your title:
Old 2007-03-28, 19:42   Link #2
Azure22
Magic Pilot

Send a message via AIM to Azure22
...Ok, I'm just gonna go ahead and put this all in spoilers, just in case.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-29, 15:15   Link #3
monir
cho~ kakkoii

OMG

Spoiler for the end:

Well, that's that. Pointless to the end.

P.S. Nice post Azure22! I believe those who have expected some form of plot will agree with your overall assessment of the series. Those that didn't expect much from the show, well, they extracted whatever was given which, in a nutshell, is nothing.
Old 2007-03-29, 15:52   Link #4
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

So, monir, in essence you're saying it was a Seinfeld ... a show about "nothing"

I think I can just let other people give their final two cents mostly.... but okay.. that Zazie eyecatch is just wierd..........
Old 2007-03-29, 17:58   Link #5
mtarzaim

Monir !
You missed the naked Nodoka !
(well, sort of ...)

That adaptation is quite disturbing for me.
To put so much money (comparing to some ninja anime) for such a little result is difficult to understand for me ...

But as a Yue-Fan, I really enjoyed the two episodes which were dedicated to her.
They were also part of the few serious one, asking myself if the director isn't a Yue-fan himself for sparing her too much randomness...
With the Natsu OVA, I somehow feel she had received a special treatment comparing to "Shikoku" Makie (which is one of the most beloved characters in the manga polls).

I also enjoyed her suka card part,
Spoiler for Want ... Drink ...:

Because the end of Negima?! feels like a beginning, it will probably be a 2-3 seasons serie.

Old 2007-03-29, 18:32   Link #6
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtarzaim View Post
Monir !
You missed the naked Nodoka !
(well, sort of ...)
I have!!!? It's a good thing I didn't delete the episode yet. Shall do a rewatch later.

Btw, I don't believe that the show has much production value. The entire series is comprised of loads of static images in 1 dimensional drawing and hardly any animated movements. The coloring/shadowing makes the drawing appears pretty stylistic, but even that particular aspect of the show wasn't consistent. There are several episodes where the drawing just looks atrocious. There are also not much lip synching as it is very noticeable when a character speak. The camera won't focus on the face. The face will be either sideways, or entirely off screen while you hear a character speaks. If I may exaggerate a bit, I think if 10 people buy 10 sets for the entire series, it probably would cover the cost of animating this series (barring the background music).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
So, monir, in essence you're saying it was a Seinfeld ... a show about "nothing"
That's a very good analogy.
Old 2007-03-29, 20:03   Link #7
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Btw, I don't believe that the show has much production value. The entire series is comprised of loads of static images in 1 dimensional drawing and hardly any animated movements. The coloring/shadowing makes the drawing appears pretty stylistic, but even that particular aspect of the show wasn't consistent. There are several episodes where the drawing just looks atrocious.
You aren't the only person to notice this, and, honestly, it's becoming somewhat of a theme in Shinbo's shows (make no mistake, I love Shinbo, but his emphasis on plot and the animation he ends up with are not the reasons why). I wonder if Negima!? is getting fixed in DVD releases as Moon Phase and Pani Poni Dash! were.

EDIT: Though I should point out that animation problems are hardly a problem for Shinbo alone (and I'm not trying to imply they are) - nor are they really something he can control. I actually somewhat like the solution he uses (to use a static screen of some kind) because it feels sort of artsy. But I find it irritating when episodes go by where I can't remember anything much moving.
Old 2007-04-24, 14:59   Link #8
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
oh yea the end was indeed WTF...can it even be called an end? and the plot of the series was..."???" *sigh* if it boils down to this i have to say that i enjoyed the original series a lot more than this remake...while this does have some comical values overall i favor a good plot ~

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-04-24, 15:12   Link #9
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
oh yea the end was indeed WTF...can it even be called an end? and the plot of the series was..."???" *sigh* if it boils down to this i have to say that i enjoyed the original series a lot more than this remake...while this does have some comical values overall i favor a good plot ~
Please don't call this a remake...it was more of a spinoff than anything.

As for the original series, more faithful to the manga up until the end...and that's where it failed too.

Not that either of the anime series were terribly bad interpretations of the original, but I still await the day that Akamatsu-sensei's manga gets the adaptation that it truly deserves. Until then I'll be elsewhere.

Old 2007-09-09, 13:33   Link #10
xleandrax1
Banned

Send a message via AIM to xleandrax1 Send a message via Yahoo to xleandrax1
Thumbs up Negima last episode season 1 (ep.26)

I pretty much liked the last episode(26) I thought it was really great.even though the battle w/ the devil wasn't very long or exiting.but the chibi asuna was cute. And the World Tree at the end was beautiful

but Natsumi was a little exposing

quoteevangeline-san):"asuna,you've finally learned to come out to your friends who will always be their for you.Good job Negi"

thats the last bit from the last episode

eva-san
Old 2007-09-09, 13:42   Link #11
xleandrax1
Banned

Send a message via AIM to xleandrax1 Send a message via Yahoo to xleandrax1
Smile characters

favorite characters:setsuna
evangeline
chachamaru
asuna
yue

my message to the Baka Rangers:

ayaka and asuna are like

all hail evangeline-san

KonoSetsu
Old 2007-09-09, 17:07   Link #12
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I'm beginning to think Shinbo is the guy they bring in when the show has no budget to speak of and he makes it look "arty".... even his delightfully done Hidamari Sketch might as well be a slide show in some episodes (ep 10.....)

I suppose we'll see if these were all band-aids or actually some artsy attempt in the DVDs.

Still waiting for a production team to actually DO Negima rather than rape the concept. However, the upcoming live-action implies more pillaging ahead .... though I'm sure Ken A. is all shiny and on the set as often as possible to be surrounded by 30+ girls.
Old 2007-10-03, 01:34   Link #13
Mad Dog
Banned

This whole series was a joke. For me as a big Negima fan this was a big insult to the Negima franchisee. It should be burned to ashes and never shown again.
Old 2007-10-06, 14:39   Link #14
-MotokoAoyama-
*Artist

The only reason why I voted good for this episode

Spoiler for why I voted good:
Old 2008-04-14, 00:16   Link #15
anselfir
Style Über Alles

i need to be high to watch this. brb
Old 2008-04-16, 04:02   Link #16
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Unfortunately, it may not help.... a better chance would be if someone just edited a "best moments of fanservice" short of the whole series....
Old 2008-04-16, 11:27   Link #17
anselfir
Style Über Alles

hmm, truth. i was high while seeing the first 15ish eps. didn't make too much of a difference.

it seems that this is shaft being shaft on the wrong sort of material. pomo treatment should be reserved to cynicism and social stuffs.
Old 2008-04-24, 23:34   Link #18
Dreams of Destiny

The last episode is kinda sweet and cute.
Old 2008-09-11, 00:38   Link #19
D-FireX

I'm a little bit confused, seeing as there are two Negima series out there, which one are you refering to? I'm assuming it's the second one "Negima!?" based on the replies I've seen so far but I can't be absolutely sure.

Well either way I enjoyed the last episodes of both series along with the entire series themselves, though the second one Negima!? was my favorite of the two.
Old 2008-11-03, 11:18   Link #20
ShadowThingy

hmm, Am I the only person who actually enjoyed this series? Yeah it wasnt the best, yeah it couldve been better, but it also couldve been worse, the first series wasnt exactly a perfecto either (and im a huge fan of the manga btw)

but for the most part, I thought it was an enjoyable watch, and with the negima!? Neo manga eventually going beyond this point, if they ever made a Second season of Negima!? Id watch it
Closed Thread