AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-04, 23:30   Link #21
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
Looks like the new Seto No Hanayome to me.
Lets hope it's as good. im gonna have to check out the novels....but the jellyfish is the best thing evar IMO
looks funny tho
Old 2008-04-12, 11:33   Link #22
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Just watched the show (live, I might add), and it is pretty hilarious.

I hope someone subs it but I feel a bit sorry for them, the main character cat-loli speaks INSANELY FAST, and doesn't stop the entire episode. Even for the ending song. I haven't heard that much verbage since Kodocha.

For those worried about the loli-ness, it's not particularly prominent. Miss Loli-cat is quite explicitly 20 years old, and her actions don't make her seem young at all. No real fanservice either except for generic cuteness (no panty shots or revealing clothes).

The show is 98% comic insanity so far. See if you notice the Jellyfish chowing down on the sushi platter in the background of the final scene...
Sam Pinansky
Old 2008-04-12, 14:29   Link #23
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

OP

ED

Kyouka's talking in the ED? That's how fast she always talks. She's absolutely exhausting to listen to. Lots of zaniness and fun otherwise though. Art seems a little... minimal at times, but minor complaint.

More caps etc
http://blog.seiha.org/?p=779
Old 2008-04-12, 14:41   Link #24
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2008-04-12 at 15:18.
Old 2008-04-12, 17:18   Link #25
Mentar
Banned

O M G... W T F?

*facepalms*

Edit: Oh, and before anyone is getting this wrong: I liked the first episode alot! Also, the OP has been on repeat for the last half hour, so I guess my music taste must be fairly off the norm. Good ^_^

Last edited by Mentar; 2008-04-12 at 17:56.
Old 2008-04-12, 23:30   Link #26
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

This looks totally whacked.... I must have more.....
Old 2008-04-13, 06:52   Link #27
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
"Bokusatsuu..." wait, wrong series O.o

I guess this is provide me with my obligatory crazy batshit series for this season.

ep 1
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-04-13, 07:05   Link #28
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
Jellyfish is clearly the best character IMO lulz
Old 2008-04-13, 08:13   Link #29
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
"Bokusatsuu..." wait, wrong series O.o

I guess this is provide me with my obligatory crazy batshit series for this season.

ep 1
Spoiler:
It's the same with Zettai Karen Children, he was part of the plan from the start but they just managed to meet before been officially introduced to each other.
Old 2008-04-13, 10:04   Link #30
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Any info on how many episodes this will be? It's based of a 9 book (and growing) light novel series, so we've got insane amounts of material to work from...

Well, for a show like this I probably shouldn't be expecting a tight plot resolution. heh.
Sam Pinansky
Old 2008-04-13, 14:20   Link #31
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Hey, pretty good. Some good humor and lots of possibilities. Fujimura Ayumi (Kyouka) was a treat, and I just love Hanazawa Kana's voice (Yuuka). Loved the humor in the ED animation, and thought Fujimura Ayumi did well with the song.

I can find no info on how long the series will be. Shoboi Calendar shows ep13 on July 5, but doesn't say it's the final ep. There's a discussion on 2channel trying to read the tea leaves of how it starts to say how far into the novels it will go and whether it will be one or two or more seasons (of ~13 episodes).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2008-04-13 at 14:38.
Old 2008-04-13, 14:33   Link #32
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Based on the first episode I get the feeling I'm going to enjoy this screwed up family setting. Kyouka is awesome for some reason and uh I'll leave it at that for now.
Old 2008-04-13, 21:25   Link #33
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Spoiler:
Actually, it seems to be worse than just that.

Amazingly, it's been subbed...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-04-13, 21:32   Link #34
Mentar
Banned

kunio (the SS translator) wanted to do the show right from the start, since he read and liked the novels.

And then... this totally neckbreaking stuff. If native speakers have difficulties making out Kyouka-sama's babbling, you can imagine what it means. We tried to do as much as possible, but some parts (particularly the babbling during the OP) were simply unintelligible. Gotta wait for the official lyrics here.

(That's also why I've been facepalming before)

Anyway, hope you enjoy watching it as much as we enjoyed working on it after all! ^_^
Old 2008-04-13, 21:39   Link #35
PEDOS_GRANDE
MHD != HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
kunio (the SS translator) wanted to do the show right from the start, since he read and liked the novels.

And then... this totally neckbreaking stuff. If native speakers have difficulties making out Kyouka-sama's babbling, you can imagine what it means. We tried to do as much as possible, but some parts (particularly the babbling during the OP) were simply unintelligible. Gotta wait for the official lyrics here.

(That's also why I've been facepalming before)

Anyway, hope you enjoy watching it as much as we enjoyed working on it after all! ^_^
Is this in HD
Old 2008-04-13, 21:44   Link #36
Mentar
Banned

We released in 1280x720 mkv and 704x400 avi.
Old 2008-04-13, 21:47   Link #37
PEDOS_GRANDE
MHD != HD

So in SD and HD? lol thx
Old 2008-04-13, 22:14   Link #38
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

dling

By the way, shouldn't this be moved already?
Old 2008-04-13, 22:44   Link #39
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
I'll just say if the first episode is any indication this will be one of my favorites of the Spring 2008 season. It's definitely zany fun, but at the same time some of the dialog seems to hint as some serious elements too. Or maybe I'm misreading the show. Still Kyouka makes such an awesome mother.
Old 2008-04-13, 22:58   Link #40
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

This is on track to be one of the best of this season, and that's saying a lot given how epic this season is. Thanks for the great (and timely!) release, as always, SS-Eclipse!
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, kemonomimi, loli, shounen