AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 39 36.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 35.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 16.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 6.60%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.83%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.94%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-05, 20:42   Link #121
Voitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Except that Ryuuji doesn't think like that.

But otherwise yeah. Pretty much.
Naw naw, it's perfect if you imagine Ryuuji is the girl in the comic and the one doing the overly complicated friend ---> lover plot as Ami and the last person "girl" Ryuuji ends with is Taiga.
Old 2008-12-05, 20:48   Link #122
Isekaijin

Loved ep 10. Ami is really attached to Ryuuji. She made a lot of indirect suggestions and he didn't understand. Jeez, there is a limit to how slow can you be.

I needed more MinorinxRyuuji developement. And this chapter sorta calmed me down. She is so cute dammit. And her character developed a lot in this last two chapters. Made me like her.

I won't accept just two seasons, I want more! But beware, people. Time ago I said the same thing about Zero no Tsukaima and Shakugan no Shana. I won't lower my guard this time. Not this time JC Staff!
Old 2008-12-05, 20:59   Link #123
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voitan View Post
Naw naw, it's perfect if you imagine Ryuuji is the girl in the comic and the one doing the overly complicated friend ---> lover plot as Ami and the last person "girl" Ryuuji ends with is Taiga.
Taiga isn't really a jerk though.

And Ami really doesn't seem to be interested in just being friends though.
Old 2008-12-05, 21:01   Link #124
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

ok anyone else pick up CoalGuys' comment about when Ryuuji rejects Ami's offer?

now I can't be the only person that thinks the same thing. As much as I like the lad can't help but think "omg why would you refuse?!!!"

yes yes I know its all for the story and thats how it goes n' all but still can't help think about it in this way.

also just love how honest ami-chwan is about herself, its awesome!
Old 2008-12-05, 21:06   Link #125
Voitan

Quote:
Taiga isn't really a jerk though.

And Ami really doesn't seem to be interested in just being friends though.
???

I thought it was fairly clear in the comic the person doing the "friend first then swoop in for teh sexxx" wasn't about being "just friends." So it seemed Ami-like.
Old 2008-12-05, 21:10   Link #126
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim224 View Post
In the cave, she again dons Ami-chan and suggests that Takasu needs her. Revealingly, she clearly desperately wants him to need her. She shifts tack and briefly drops the act and directly tells him that he and Minori are not suited.
The sun/moon analogy went a little over my head, but I think Ami was trying to say that Takasu may highly admire Minori, but like her, he is a source of light. (I know, to all you astronomers out there, the moon is only reflecting the light of the sun. But I think such subtleties escaped our charming model.) He is incompatible with another warm personality, but rather should be paired with something shrouded in darkness, like herself (and incidentally, Taiga). Her sudden mention that Takasu would never beat Minori was quite shocking, and hinted at an
awful upbringing Ami may have suffered.
Actually I think this is over the fact that Ryuuji beat her with the piece of tofu after she played her prank on him. And not hinting that she might have suffered any child abuse when she was youger.

As for the whole Ryuuji and Minori are the sun and moon comparison, it's much more likely it's because Ryuuji and Minori are too different and if in a relationshp, Ryuuji will not be able to keep up with Minori.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2008-12-05, 21:15   Link #127
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
???

I thought it was fairly clear in the comic the person doing the "friend first then swoop in for teh sexxx" wasn't about being "just friends." So it seemed Ami-like.
Ami seems to want to skip the "friends" stage entirely, though.
Old 2008-12-05, 21:16   Link #128
typhonsentra

Huh? What I took from that exchange was that she thought that he wouldn't be able to tease/be playful around Minori because of the way he perceives her. It is worded pretty funny in the subs, I'd normally think not being willing to hit a woman would be a good thing.
Old 2008-12-05, 21:18   Link #129
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

qq's subs are going to be superior.

Too bad their translator seems to have vanished, though.
Old 2008-12-05, 21:22   Link #130
Voitan

Quote:
Ami seems to want to skip the "friends" stage entirely, though.
You have to admit though, the comic character was deliciously ambitious with the manipulation.

But yeeeaaaaah... Ami wants to skip being friends with Ryuuji. Dawww so adorable!
Old 2008-12-05, 21:56   Link #131
RogerOsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isekaijin View Post
I won't accept just two seasons, I want more! But beware, people. Time ago I said the same thing about Zero no Tsukaima and Shakugan no Shana. I won't lower my guard this time. Not this time JC Staff!
They're closesly following the novels, and by the rate they're going they won't have enough material for anything more then one season. Hell, they're going to have to put a few fillers in too, they're burning through it faster than we thought.
Old 2008-12-05, 22:02   Link #132
typhonsentra

It all depends on if she wants to end the novels here or if she thinks she wants to extend it further, maybe do something seemingly unprecedented in this sort of series: Cover the actual post-confession relationship!
Old 2008-12-05, 22:30   Link #133
Bathory Area
Jigoku Shoujo

Another funny episode.I am happy to hear"uguu~" again.(anyone notice?)
Old 2008-12-05, 22:58   Link #134
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
It all depends on if she wants to end the novels here or if she thinks she wants to extend it further, maybe do something seemingly unprecedented in this sort of series: Cover the actual post-confession relationship!
Um... Lovely*Complex? ... Itzura na Kiss?

True though, the novels I hear are currently in some major cliff-hanger moment and the series *could* end on the next novel (which might coincide with the series finishing?). Or it could go on quite a while even if they officially become a couple (like Lov*com, InK, etc).
Old 2008-12-05, 23:37   Link #135
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
And what fun is there?
Old 2008-12-05, 23:42   Link #136
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
Well for shippers, there is always doujins. If not happy enough, write a fan fiction.
haha.. quite true. I'm sick and tired of these bleeping shippers on my bleeping thread.

Do have to say that this series is really starting to grow on me. Wish I could read more of the visual novels but still, it's getting quite good.

As much as the series is named ToraDora... I'd rather see something less 'canon'? Seeing a TaigaxRyuji seems to be the 'canon', they have a chemistry but... it'd be fun to see them not quite as a couple but still working together as now towards common goals.

Though I'll be fairly happy as long as there isn't a harem ending. Anything but that.
Old 2008-12-06, 00:03   Link #137
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Actually it is not visual novel, it is light novel, now up to volume 9 in Japan. I think if US publishers license this, it will do well in US market.
Old 2008-12-06, 00:03   Link #138
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
it'd be fun to see them not quite as a couple but still working together as now towards common goals.
That's actually the fun core ... even IF they became a "couple" I can think of all sorts of comedic drama for this loony bin of characters including breakups, remixes, etc.
Old 2008-12-06, 00:21   Link #139
Voitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGaiGar View Post
haha.. quite true. I'm sick and tired of these bleeping shippers on my bleeping thread.
Aw, is that fair now? I never heard anyone say they were bleeping tired of you bleeping bleep.
Old 2008-12-06, 01:42   Link #140
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
This is what I'm going to feel a little uncomfortable about. They're good friends but what they're doing is a bit misguided.

For Ryuuji, in his perspective, his good lot he's developing with Minori is for nothing, and he'll be expected to settle for Taiga because it's Minori and Kitamura's wish. That doesn't feel very natural for a relationship to come together. Taiga and Ryuuji coming together would be fine if Ryuuji also wanted it to be that way, but as this charade begins blocking Ryuuji's aims for Minorin, there is going to inevitably be bruised hearts for no darn good reason.

Yes, no darn good reason at all!
Exactly. And this point when it's early, it does make Minori and Yuusaku look bad. However in later versions, it Taiga and Ryuuji still might see it.

But this is what I hate about THIS kind of matchmaking in anime. People are putting two people together for their own kind of personal enjoyment. Or they believe they think it's the right thing. When it really isn't. Relationships don't work that way and Taiga and Ryuuji should like each other because they know it.

(However, matchmaking is exceptable in some cases if one person knows about it. For example, if Yuusaku promised to put Ryuuji in a situation so she would get close to Minori, that would make sense)
Closed Thread