AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

View Poll Results: Soul Eater - Episode 42 Rating
Perfect 10 3 16.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 44.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 4 22.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 11.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 5.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-02-01, 17:50   Link #21
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

so..if Maka's headin to Crona, arent they a long ways away? from the desert...the world seems so small
Old 2009-02-02, 15:05   Link #22
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I was happy to see Chrona finally have the detrermination to oppose Medusa i think Medusa will find it much harder this time around to use Chrona to her liking and also have Marie with her will help i just hope they dont go down in flames Stein is competently out of his gourd at the moment and im not sure if he can tell friend from foe. There meeting with Stein and Medusa will be a very interesting one.

So after being kind of emo most of the episode Maka finally decides what she wants to do but i must disagree with her actions. I understand she cares for Chrona and wants to help but leaving in the middle of a world wide mission is kind of wrong. This mission to ensure the world should take precedence. But thats just my feelings. Kid is not there leaving only Black star to pick up the slack. However it is nice to see Justin back again round 3 of that fight is about to begin and im sure Mifune will mix it up too.

Medusa is getting her wish with the possiblity of her becoming the winner without lifting a finger. Like i said before dont fight two super powers get the super powers to fight themselves and thats exactly what happening. Medusa's plan is actually a pretty good one but if she ever thought the Reaper would let her escape and do what she wants she is sorely mistaken. Marie is one of the Death Scythes so im assuming she is no joke when it comes to the fighting department.

Still hoping to see Maka's Okaa-san step onto the stage. Im not sure how much we have left but i heard that the anime very quickly catching up to the manga so it could end soon.

Let the war begin!!!!!!!!!
Old 2009-02-02, 15:38   Link #23
Arachne

Medusa didn't really do anything. She's given far too much credit when all she did was steal Brew and rat out Arachne. Shibusen and Arachnophobia were always bound to destroy one another. Hell, Arachne doesn't even seem to care about her group so Arachnophobia was pretty fucked to begin with.

I think Imd mentioned she suspects we won't see Marie fight, but I am not so sure. With the liberties Bones has taken, Arachne being insane, Crona's confession and seeming resolve, Stien, etc. I am willing to bet we will see what she can do. This is assuming Crona doesn't betray Marie and if she/he does I will "LAWL AND LAWL AND LAWL".
Old 2009-02-02, 16:10   Link #24
lmd_84

I can't recall saying that, but...it sounds like something I would have said. -_-

I do wonder, though, how Marie will fair in a fight against Medusa. We don't know how strong the witch is in combat following her escape from getting her soul eaten, and the most we know about Marie's skill as a Weapon is that she's a Death Scythe. Presumably she's good at what she does...
Old 2009-02-02, 17:06   Link #25
Arachne

My question is though, do you think she will fight Medusa or will she fight Stein?

I imagine that she will be much weaker than before, but still quite a lethal threat. I just don't see Crona fighting Medusa though. It seems like a huge step in he right direction.
Old 2009-02-02, 17:24   Link #26
lmd_84

Not sure about either of those.

For Crona to stand a chance against anyone, she needs to get Ragnarok on-side. If Marie faces Stein, I'd worry for her safety at the moment.

She's very nicely willing to go out there and help him out, but I can't recall any suggestion that she recognises what she's actually saving him from. Recalling Stein's view of madness back in the Asura arc, he enjoys the insanity to some extent - is there anything in recent episodes that tells us Marie gets this point? If she tries to handle him the wrong way, Marie's dead. Alternatively, she could just go a bit like Maka and Crona and try to beat some sense into him.
Old 2009-02-02, 17:41   Link #27
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
Medusa didn't really do anything. She's given far too much credit when all she did was steal Brew and rat out Arachne. Shibusen and Arachnophobia were always bound to destroy one another. Hell, Arachne doesn't even seem to care about her group so Arachnophobia was pretty fucked to begin with.

Actually Medusa has to be given props. She has the potential to win a war without lifting a finger. This kind of tactic was mentioned in Sun Tsu "Art of War". The side that wins without losing men or resources is the true winner. Medusa deserves credit where credit is due. There are many ways to win a war without actually fighting. Ever heard the saying "the mind shall vanquish the sword" this is a tactic that Medusa has used successfully.

Yes Shibusen and Arachnophobia were on a head on course for a full blow out war to begin with but Medusa sped up their confrontation by offering up the goods about where the relay stations are and where the Demon god is. Manipulating situations, taking risk and staying one step ahead of her opponents is what has allowed Medusa to remain.
Old 2009-02-02, 18:00   Link #28
Arachne

Fair enough,

I will give her credit for being a good opportunist

Last edited by Arachne; 2009-02-02 at 18:16.
Old 2009-02-02, 20:15   Link #29
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
Fair enough,

I will give her credit for being a good opportunist
Remember, Medusa also woke up Asura (and therefore indirectly woke up Arachne). It's entirely possible that she's been planning all of this since the very beginning. Even if she didn't plan the details (I wouldn't give her that much credit), her "wake up Asura and change the world" strategy seems to be going smoothly in a general sense.

Absolutely none of the plot would've happened without her. How can you say hasn't done anything? Maybe her influence right now isn't too big, but she clearly set it all in motion, and it isn't exactly going in a way she didn't expect. She even seemed to expect Arachne to wake up (although maybe it happened a bit earlier?) judging by her reaction to the spider shortly after she stole Rachel's body. Just because it's not within her power to stop the inevitable flood doesn't mean she isn't the one who blew up the dam. Everything (everything) is going the way she wants it to right now, and has been for the entire series (expect for her untimely death).
Old 2009-02-02, 21:31   Link #30
EphiamOricuna
Serpeant Of Lore

Hrm. So then...if everything happens to work out for Medusa (roughly) in the end, then what will happen? I can not really see Crona taking care of Medusa by herself. Sure, it would be great development, and a sort of a shock...but I just can't see it!

After doing so much and having gotten this whole business started, I just want Medusa to take a...bigger villain role. It WAS her black blood that awakened the Kishin, after all. I'm cursious as to if that let Medusa have some sort of...advantage over the Kishin? In her little talk with herself and Eruka just after receiving BREW, she warns (in her mind) Shinigami, Arachne, and even the Kishin to beware. She planed to get rid of Shibusen and Arachnephobia...but what about the Kishin? Why does she feel so confident as to even go up against him? I'm still not quite grasping that.
Old 2009-02-03, 23:11   Link #31
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I don't see Chrona turning on Marie - at least not voluntarily. His arc would pretty much have been wasted if that happens, and he seems bound and determined to settle his score with Medusa once and for all.
Old 2009-02-04, 21:13   Link #32
~Kezia~
Scarlet Yukineko

Chrona wouldn't betray Marie after the desicion she made that made her look so determined, just like you said Enzo, and its possible that Crona can win againts Medusa, she is weak and Ragnarok is really strong after all, her own investigation againts Medusa, i can see oh yeah, i can so see Chrona winning againts Medusa. What i can't seem to picture is Mary fighting Stein, i don't even know who will she wake him up from the insanity, will killing Medusa somehow wake him up a little? will Mary's wavelengh help Stein? just seeing Mary and realizing that seeing her dead from the insanity was wrong? i dunno, i can't seem to put it in one picture, but i do hope that it will be Mary who brings him back and i do hope that it will me Chrona who kills Medusa (even if i do admire her tactics) and as for Maka? well she can blow off some steam why not? but Chrona has to be the one to kill her! i mean! make her feel how you felt! >.<
Old 2009-02-05, 00:54   Link #33
JunkKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Kezia~ View Post
and as for Maka? well she can blow off some steam
BONES has made such a big deal about Maka's special wavelength I sort of expect it will have to start coming into play soon. With so few episodes left, seems there isn't any better place to start than with Medusa.
Possibilities here seem to include : helping Stein against his insanity (if BONES takes a cue from the manga)/ help fight Medusa (a la Demonslayer)/ with her soul perception maybe helping to separate Medusa's soul from Rachel's body?

Just tossing out ideas, there's no reason to believe that ppl are only going to be fighting one-on-one here, and she's been hyped up with only a little to show for it.
Old 2009-02-05, 18:31   Link #34
BigGimp77

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkKitty View Post
Possibilities here seem to include : helping Stein against his insanity (if BONES takes a cue from the manga)/ help fight Medusa (a la Demonslayer)/ with her soul perception maybe helping to separate Medusa's soul from Rachel's body?
I was thinking she could also help take the snake out of Marie's body as well. I don't remember them taking the snake out in the anime.
Old 2009-02-11, 07:37   Link #35
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well 9 episodes left also its the final battle ?
My friend saw the manga i said the anime didn't follow the manga ! its not the same !
So i think this anime will end up in 51 episodes .
Closed Thread