Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-01-14, 20:26   Link #101
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
My favourite G Gundam mech is not Dragon Gundam though, Nobel is my favourite lol, besides God and Master.
I quite like Gundam Rose myself, but yeah God and Master all the way.
Old 2009-01-14, 21:23   Link #102
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

God Gundam has it design based on Buddhism, as evident by it's hyper mode where it displays those rings on it's back.

From it's head design, Master seems inspired by how the chinese female royalties dress in imperial courts during the Qing Dynasty.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 21:51   Link #103
Miyamoto Shin
Demigod

Added a New Favorite...Finally Found a New Love...

Crossbone Gundam X-1/X-2 (Can't decide yet)...

One of the Coolest thing I ever see, Now I must Buy the Model!
Miyamoto Shin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 22:18   Link #104
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Ya know, I always keep forgetting my two other favorite designs from G-Gundam.

Raven Gundam, and Bolt Gundam. If you ask me, those two along with Grand Gundam would have fit PERFECTLY in Gundam Wing.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 23:03   Link #105
Cherudim Arche

Speaking of Wing designs, I have two G-Unit designs that are my favorites.

The first one is OZ-10VMSX Gundam Aesculapius, from G Unit. This is my favorite design in G-Unit, for its color scheme, the muscular look it has, as well as the two modes it has for close combat and for regular situation as well. I like it for its very experienced pilot which pilot it, in addition to those claws in close combat with a fairly big size beam sabers. It's close combat looks like it has taken something from a UC design in that mode.

Another design from G Unit that I like as well is OZ-19MASX Gundam Griepe. For this gundam, I like it for it various weapons that include hyper mega particle launcher and a buster mega particle cannon, if that wasn't enough. It's weapon is a beam lance rather than the conventional beam saber. As with the OZ-10VMSX Gundam Aesculapius, it can transform, but it is for a MA mode not close combat. For it defense, it has extremely powerful reflective shields from oncoming beam attacks. It looks different as well, compared to other gundams other than Gundam Aesculapius, which I like in the G-Unit.
Cherudim Arche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 23:10   Link #106
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

i love haro , best mech ever (G-generation, e.g. psycho haro )

Z-zaku looks funny (just wanna blur it out )

I see there is little love for mechs from gundam x

For oversize mechs, Destroy and Psycho are awesome

Last edited by kk2extreme; 2009-01-23 at 03:04.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-22, 23:18   Link #107
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
In Gundam X,I like Leopard & Double X.Leopard kinda look like Heavyarms with those awesome firepower & the upgraded Leopard make it more awesome.
DX i like it double satelite cannon,overkill,design & it has green beam saber.
Also like the Frost brother gundam too,look so badass.Especially the Chestbreaker,awesome gimmick.
Old 2009-01-22, 23:53   Link #108
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
i love haro , best mech ever (G-generation, e.g. psycho haro )

Z-zaku looks funny (just wanna blur it out )

I see that is little love for mechs from gundam x

For oversize mechs, Destroy and Psycho are awesome
Not true.
Old 2009-01-23, 03:07   Link #109
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

^i meant it in the way that it has been overshadowed by the other shows, especially by the newer ones like GS, GSD and G00

Love DX though
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-23, 07:16   Link #110
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
^i meant it in the way that it has been overshadowed by the other shows, especially by the newer ones like GS, GSD and G00

Love DX though
Well i do like the DX Gundam. That thing's a flying colony laser!
Old 2009-01-23, 19:19   Link #111
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Ya know, I've always considered Gundam Virsago as Epyon 2.

Anyone agree that look pretty similar?
Old 2009-01-23, 19:22   Link #112
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Ya know, I've always considered Gundam Virsago as Epyon 2.

Anyone agree that look pretty similar?
I noticed the similarities, actually, but I'm biased towards Epyon. Mainly because I'm a dragon nut and I haven't seen Virsago in action yet.
Old 2009-01-23, 19:27   Link #113
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Youtube has the entire ending battle of of Gundam X, lots of Virsago in action. It's pretty badass. It's arms can stretch out like Altron in Wing, it's a pretty cool lookin Gundam.

Ya know infact, A LOT of Gundams in X share a lot of similarities from Wing.

*points to Gundam Leopard*
Old 2009-03-05, 19:28   Link #114
M_Flores
Count of Monte Dorifto

Send a message via MSN to M_Flores
My Hall of Fame:

Strike Freedom Gundam : To me, the ultimate protagonist mech. I like both the design and the way it was represented in the show - it was never defeated and never got damage. I like how it's weapons were basically ripped off other Gundams. It's remote weapon layout is even reminicsent of Hi-v Gundam, has the chest cannon like Sazabi, has combo rifles like Buster Gundam, beam shields like most later UC Gundams, Hip cannons like the original Freedom and of course, beam sabers. And the color scheme, wing design, the unit is very flashy, dramatic and symbolic in how it's represented in OP's and ED. Plus it made a LOT of people complain just based on how purely overpowered it is. I like that. I love it when b****es complain about it being too good. That's such icing on the cake.

Freedom Gundam : The original design that inspired the above unit. Very simple yet dramatic design. Truly was once one of the most modern hero-Gundam designs.

Wing Gundam Zero (TV version) : I loved transformable Gundams ever since and Wing Zero was the first I've truly appreciate. This one deserves a mention.

Wing Gundam Zero Custom : Arguably the most dramatic, flashy, ricey Gundam design of all time. The symbolicness, the divine, angelic theme, this is the ultimate Gundam in that department.

Recent interests:

OO Raiser : This design got me to like close combat suits. And the amount of swords. It's like a Cloud Strife sort of Gundam. And the design is more technical rather than cosmetic. This is definately a rare design. Plus I love the Trans-Am system. My most favourite thing about this Gundam is its weapons. WEAPONS! The GN Sword II's are basically Gunblades, and the GN Sword III's are coming up now.

Cherudim Gundam : After finding out it's true weapons, refer to the first unit mentioned in this post.

Arios Gundam : I didn't like Kyrios much, but this unit is sleek. I like the concept of a hit-and-run, ultrafast bomber, interceptor type mobile suit. This Gundam makes the color orange look good, btw.
M_Flores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-05, 21:57   Link #115
ragux

my favorite mecha is !!!!!!!

Spoiler for The unicorn vs sinanju:

jajaja the unicorn reminds methe colors of my country
ragux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 00:04   Link #116
gundam rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragux View Post
my favorite mecha is !!!!!!!

Spoiler for The unicorn vs sinanju:

jajaja the unicorn reminds methe colors of my country
that unicorn unit looks like its psyco-frame is being posessed by char's soul or something

red(+white) comet kick!! FTW!!
gundam rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-06, 00:50   Link #117
Okamidum
This is how CB rolls

Send a message via AIM to Okamidum
Wing Zero Custom was by far my favorite. Especially the part in the movie when Herro went to retrive it and its wings opening up was just epic.
Shining gundam. How can you not like hands that make's peoples face explode?(and cheesy punch lines via Domon)
Arios/Kryios- I couldnt decide which one I liked better. I think out of all 4 gundam's Kyrios and Arios had the best head design. I like the transformation as well.
Tallgeese III-I thought the suit looked amazing in the EW movie. It had both elements of Epyon and Tallgese all in one. For a mobile suit it looked amazing.

Honorable Mention
GN-Flag
rx-78
Garazzo
Nadleeh
Rx-78Ez-8
Okamidum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-09, 14:56   Link #118
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

And the Oscar goes to:

1) Impulse Gundam. Of all the "main hero" Gundams, it is so far my favorite. It's not too flashy as it doesn't have birdie wings. Instead, it has this nice backpack which to me is just better-looking than Strike's (which is already pretty). It's not too plain, as it has the standard multicolor blue-red-white scheme. Not mentioning its colors also change along with the equipment it wears. The slendered design of the Master Grades made it even more beautiful in my eyes. Its performance was stunning and it had the capability to change the equipment/damaged parts right on hand.
Spoiler for GSD spoilers:

2) Buster Gundam. I was always into green long range suits so this one is my personal favorite. It is the realization of a toned-down, but still decent Gundam design with a standard military coloring. The big beam cannon is also sleek and not too fat like most bazookas wielded by other heavy-artillery suits. I loved also the GM Sniper in UC, but it lost to Buster Gundam as... come on... it IS Gundam :] Not hiding the fact that it owes its second place in my personal ranking thanks to the fact that its pilot is my favorite Gundam character of all time. But well... it's like love... everything just seems prettier and more close to perfect when you are so into it

3) Dynames. Love it for the same reason I liked Buster, though its design is more flashy. It doesn't hurt my eye, though, like Kyrios' color scheme and it has those nice shield-wings which don't look like another angelic pansy backpacks, but like a nice, sturdy protective equipment. Very imposing! and the Sniper rifle... even cooler when it is like 100 times bigger in its orbital version.

4) Freedom Gundam and Destiny Gundam. Ok... the only "angelic-wings" designs which actually appealed to me very much. I like Freedom for its blue-white oriented color scheme and charismatic and rich, yet well-balanced design. And Destiny... well.. its darker shade and wings and huge sword... how could I not love it :]

5) ex aequo: Zaku gunner (CE), GM Sniper, GM Sniper II and their variants (UC)... Well, I think I already said i was into green/greenish long-ranged mobile suits :] And these are my faved gruntsuits in all the Gundam universes.

6) Hyaku Shiki - My favorite Char's mobile suit. Reflects beams and is capable of operating a huge bada$$ cannon. And its design is simple, even gruntush, yet exceptional thabks to its golden armor. Well... just pure gold and honey :]

7) Astray Gold Frame Amatsu - black-gold-red color scheme. Big hooked wings and wolverine claws. And massive dart/rocket launcher. What else one could want from a mobile suits that seems to be just created to look so EVIL?

8) Gadessa, Garazzo.... pretty much all the "Ga-suits' from Gundam 00. They are sleek, rounded, a bit alien and look somehow... predatory :]

9) Cherudim - pretty much the same reason I like Dynames, though the design still appeals to me as less impressive. Maybe in the end, when I see it with its whole glory... For now, it is cool enough to gain the 9th place in my personal ranking - shield bits and additional equipment also helped here... very much

10) Gundam Stamen with Weapon system/Dendrobium. I was in AWE when I saw this thing for the first time...
Old 2009-03-09, 19:21   Link #119
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Gundam Nadleeh Akwos is pretty cool design, too bad it never saw action...
Old 2009-03-09, 19:32   Link #120
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
6) Hyaku Shiki - My favorite Char's mobile suit. Reflects beams and is capable of operating a huge bada$$ cannon. And its design is simple, even gruntush, yet exceptional thabks to its golden armor. Well... just pure gold and honey :]
The Hyaku Shiki is indeed a really cool MS, but it doesn't reflect beams, it hardly even deflect beams with the beam coat lol

It was really totalled at the end by mega beam spamming from The O and Quebeley.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote