Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2004-09-28, 13:53   Link #1
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

Send a message via AIM to Hayamaneko
general problems with .MKV files

i recently downloaded Sexy Commando 31, and in order do play it i had to download the latest version of the VLC player. Anyway, aside from this newer version of the VLC player's video lagging/temporarly freezing every now and then, the text for the subs all run together on the same line or run off the screen. is thier anything i can do to fix this?
Old 2004-09-29, 06:07   Link #2
^danshi^
running bear

Install the latest pack from http://packs.matroska.org/ (make sure it installs vsfilter) and play the files in your favored DirectShow player.
Old 2004-09-29, 23:03   Link #3
Opaes

I still have problems watching Sexy Commando episode 31, even after installing the latest Matroska full pack, including the vsfilter. The video and audio are not synchronised - the video is always lagging behind the audio. I tried various types of media players and none of them worked well. Did anyone successfully play the file without any such errors?
Old 2004-09-30, 00:03   Link #4
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

Send a message via ICQ to KeinikuSuki
Just out of curiosity, I downloaded this file to see if it works. It does. Let me also say, it looks pretty stupid.... but hey, who am I to judge.

1. Download the Matroska Pack.
2. Isntall the pack.
3. Download Media Player Classic.
4. Disable the built in Matroska Filter.
a) Select Options from the View menu.
b) Click Filters
c) Uncheck the box next to Matroska Spltter.
d) Click OK
5. Restart Media Player Classic.

If this still doesnt work, download the newest version of DirectX.

Then, Install the lastest version of your video card drivers. If you dont understand what that means, check out Step 5 of this post.
Old 2004-09-30, 03:28   Link #5
Opaes

Thank you for your help, KeinikuSuki. However, after following steps 1 -5, downloading and installing the latest version of DirectX, downloading and installing the latest version of my video card drivers, I still experience the same problem. In fact, my media player classic can't even open the file and immediately pops up an error message saying that it must be closed. All the other anime videos I've downloaded worked just fine, except this one. I don't know what went wrong.
Old 2004-09-30, 06:39   Link #6
KeinikuSuki
鶏肉がとてもおいしい。

Send a message via ICQ to KeinikuSuki
I'm guessing without the actual error message, but it sounds like a codec incompatability. Try following Step 1 and Step 2 from this post. Be sure to uninstall EVERY codec or codec pack you have installed.

If it still doesn't work, there is always the Last Resort Method.
Old 2004-09-30, 09:36   Link #7
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

ok, i installed the pack and unchecked the filter, but when i try to play the file (any file actualy) my comp freezes.
Old 2004-09-30, 11:08   Link #8
SirCanealot
What? I am washed up!

Send a message via MSN to SirCanealot
Try Zoom Player: it doesn't have any external support for .ogm or .mkv, so if it doesn't play in Zoom Player, it's definately a fault of the mkv playback pack, or the codec.

Try random versions of FFDShow too - google for it, there should some sites with lists of different versions. I remember a version that came with a .mkv playback pack (I'm not sure if it was this one) gave me some problems with certain files, so I had to go back to an earlier version.

Hope that helps...
Old 2004-09-30, 12:13   Link #9
Hayamaneko
cat boy?

ok, ive done everything listed here. I tried installing everything again and playing it with Zoom player, but i just get error messages. Anyway, im using good ol' VLC player again and its pretty much the same even after installing all these filters. Perhaps no one understood the problem that im having? What i ment to say was that I can see the subtitles fine and all, but their sometimes on top of each other or a particular sentance is too big and some of it doesnt get displayed on the screen. can i do anything to fix that?

Last edited by Hayamaneko; 2004-09-30 at 13:19.
Old 2004-11-05, 17:19   Link #10
ChristianHJW
Matroska Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayamaneko
ok, ive done everything listed here. I tried installing everything again and playing it with Zoom player, but i just get error messages. Anyway, im using good ol' VLC player again and its pretty much the same even after installing all these filters. Perhaps no one understood the problem that im having? What i ment to say was that I can see the subtitles fine and all, but their sometimes on top of each other or a particular sentance is too big and some of it doesnt get displayed on the screen. can i do anything to fix that?
Seems like your DirectShow is completely b0rked meanwhile, maybe because you have too many codec packs installed. VLC doesnt really have perfect subtitles support, you may try Xine or mplayer as an alternative ( both have win32 versions ), or ....... think about a new Windows installation .....

Christian
matroska project admin