AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 18 33.33%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 27.78%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 22.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 12.96%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.70%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-15, 03:28   Link #21
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

What the eff in the first half?!

Yay in the second.

That is all.
Old 2010-10-15, 03:44   Link #22
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Well I can see the WTF is that of the first half with everyone although I gave my impression guess someone gave the proof of all that. Anyways it's GIF time! First of all Freebies!

Originals

GIFs
The famous scare of the Mummy!

Original
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/99109c06.gif
The finger sucking prior with a Ai in heat should I say.

Original
http://i620.photobucket.com/albums/t...4/a85bbdd5.gif
Well that's it.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-10-16 at 16:15.
Old 2010-10-15, 04:42   Link #23
Used Can

The first half... well... I half expected Junichi to pull a small powder-filled bag out of his coat and say "Fuck! This is some good shit."

Either way, I'm a bit disappointed by this arc. Maybe my expectations were too high after reading the manga, which was outright amazing. There were simply many scenes I wanted to see in the anime, which were never shown. It seems as if the people from the anime decided to focus on the most plain scenes from the game's arc, for some reason. Not to mention that, in my opinion this is, the build-up has been rather boring, whereas in the manga it was just perfect.

Oh well, I'm just hoping they do not screw-up with Tsukasa.
Old 2010-10-15, 04:53   Link #24
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Never did i think i'd experience Yukana voice miso ramen.

Jun jumping into the pool scene worked a lot better in the manga. Guess it doesn't help that the pacing was pretty off this episode.
Old 2010-10-15, 05:08   Link #25
Shadow5YA

I'm a bit disappointed that there wasn't a kissing scene in the pool like there was in the manga adaptation, but I'm glad they didn't handle it the same way as the manga. While it makes sense that Ai could have trouble concentrating because she's thinking about Junichi, explicitly making him at fault like the manga did would have placed Junichi in between a rock and a hard place without a clear resolution. If Junichi was made out to be the problem, then I don't see how the anime could have convinced me that he was also her support. I don't even think the manga convinced me, but I didn't mind because the kissing scene was so sweet.

I've been thoroughly satisified with how the anime has handled Ai's story. With how Junichi and Ai grew closer through fairly average events, their relationship feels even more natural and seamless than Junichi and Kaoru turning from friends to lovers.

The first half though, was probably fanservice in my opinion. Ayatsuji as a crying child was foreshadowing her arc, Kaoru was for more cameo eye-candy, and Junichi eating out Ai was more or less an indirect sex/intercourse joke. Of course, it is silly how a haunted house could work on induced hallincinations, because I'm sure anyone who designed that in the real world would get sued. However, I just took it as the same kind of crude humor as the fanservice plagued in Sae's story.
Old 2010-10-15, 05:14   Link #26
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I'm a bit disappointed that there wasn't a kissing scene in the pool like there was in the manga adaptation, but I'm glad they didn't handle it the same way as the manga.
There was one? Oh wow! Wonder how Hibiki would react to that kissing scene. Might have been a plus to see that.
Old 2010-10-15, 05:18   Link #27
Used Can

Hibiki didn't show up in that scene in the manga.
Try reading the manga after the anime arc is over. It's simply so good.
Old 2010-10-15, 05:20   Link #28
Francismeunier
Banned

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Hibiki didn't show up in that scene in the manga.
Try reading the manga after the anime arc is over. It's simply so good.
Guess I will but does it show all of the arc or it's not finished like some mangas of Amagami SS?
Old 2010-10-15, 05:23   Link #29
Used Can

No, Amagami - Love goes on! is only about Ai's arc. It's a very short adaptation, with only four chapters. But, if you ask me, each one of those chapters is made of gold.
Old 2010-10-15, 05:55   Link #30
Pocky Yoshi
Disabled By Request

First half as many say......Huh?!

Second half was kinda meh. It had some good parts.

All in all, it felt rushed for what it's worth.

Me thinks they should of done a 6 episode format.

More time to take nice and easy. Anyways.

This one gets a generous 7/10. The manga of course was better.
Old 2010-10-15, 07:22   Link #31
Divini
Senpai!

I first thought that first half was Junichi's dream after fainting from the roller coaster or something.... but then Ai was all "you tried to eat me!" and I was like "wtf?!"

So umm... I guess it's legal in Japan to have halluciongenic drugs in theme park attractions lol?

Second part was though.
Old 2010-10-15, 07:40   Link #32
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Not only jacket but the pants would have been good too.
Yeah, but there's at least reasons not to take one's pants off.
Old 2010-10-15, 09:34   Link #33
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void

Why are they foreshadowing Tsukasa's story? Its supposed to be Ai's arc. The haunted house started good but it turned into something weird and irrelevant. The Miso Ramen joke was funny but it doesn't add up to the story and is definitely a filler...A filler in a 4 episode arc?! The writers are really losing their edge...*sigh I don't know what to say, its like the writers are purposely screwing Ai's arc...

Anyway the later half was good. Ai showed her aggressiveness when she kissed Junichi. The pool scene was ok but I find it too short and didn't have the proper build up.

I guess I'll start reading the manga.
Old 2010-10-15, 10:19   Link #34
wingman32x

The first half was crazy. Not going to say too much there.

The second half was amazing though. The kiss scene was brilliant because it displayed Ai's assertivness so well. First of all, I think she stood up at first to give him a tease look or two. I think everybody knew what was coming when she sat down though. I just freakin love that she's not afraid to be bold. The swimming scene was good, but they ruined it at the same time. I wanted the kiss in there. That is what made that moment epic in the manga. In a broader sense, I don't like how they condensed the swimming part of the arc into one episode. It didn't feel right. I can't wait to see the finale though. I can safely say at this point that the manga will be better at the end of the day. For those of you who haven't read it, go and do so. It's at least twice as good than what we're getting here.

Episode gets a 9 for having one of the most memorable scenes in the anime.
Old 2010-10-15, 10:22   Link #35
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingman32x View Post
First of all, I think she stood up at first to give him a tease look or two. I think everybody knew what was coming when she sat down though.
You got to admit the same about the part of Junichi not commenting on her clothes but when he did she teased him it was too late.
Old 2010-10-15, 10:47   Link #36
justavisitor

perfect episode...I enjoy both the first half and second half of this episode...

probably will read the manga about Ai after the arc is finished...don't wanna get spoiled or compare them yet
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
Old 2010-10-15, 11:37   Link #37
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Now I'm sure of it: the third episode of each arcs are cursed.

My feelings about the first part are the same as everyone else's: what the hell am I watching? I remember seeing male Kaoru in a fanart but I thought it was just your typical genderbent fanart. Not sure what they were trying to do here... Ah well, it was worth it for Ai's outfit, she sported a glorious zettai ryouiki. Can she get any more perfect? She can even make a miso ramen sound erotic.

The second part was very good. Ai's assertiveness is also one of the thing I love about her, so it was great to see her take the initiative and kiss Junichi. I was wondering if Junichi was the reason Ai didn't manage to improve her time and after reading Used Can's post, I guess it was. It does seem like they've made the right choice by leaving this out, the drama would have probably been handled just as badly as in Kaoru's arc.

Junichi diving into the water only to catch Ai right when she's about to get out of it felt dumb. Very dumb. I suppose they tried to make the scene more intense but they utterly failed as it had the opposite effect on me (I found it hilarious). I still very much enjoyed this episode thanks to Ai.
Old 2010-10-15, 11:54   Link #38
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
She can even make a miso ramen sound erotic.
Well, that's Yukana for you. She can go from extremely cute to extremely sexy at ease. I'm seriously surprised she doesn't get more roles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The second part was very good. Ai's assertiveness is also one of the thing I love about her, so it was great to see her take the initiative and kiss Junichi. I was wondering if Junichi was the reason Ai didn't manage to improve her time and after reading Used Can's post, I guess it was. It does seem like they've made the right choice by leaving this out, the drama would have probably been handled just as badly as in Kaoru's arc.

Junichi diving into the water only to catch Ai right when she's about to get out of it felt dumb. Very dumb. I suppose they tried to make the scene more intense but they utterly failed as it had the opposite effect on me (I found it hilarious). I still very much enjoyed this episode thanks to Ai.
Well, in the manga, the whole deal was rather gradual. At first, she decided to change swimming styles, when one opportunity seemed to be closing. Junichi was aware of this, but she kept on saying it was okay, until all the opportunities were over and the scene in the pool happened. Anyway, Junichi wasn't at fault at this. It wasn't as if he went to fetch her, while she was practising. Ai fell in love with him and, without noticing, her priorities started switching, even though she really wanted to get into the tournament.
Old 2010-10-15, 12:21   Link #39
Tiberium Wolf

Since in the preview Haruka said "arm pits" then next week we get the body part fetish !? I don't think it will be a kiss since with Sae there was no kiss but evidently we can assume the body part in that arc was Sae breasts.
Old 2010-10-15, 12:46   Link #40
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Well, that's Yukana for you. She can go from extremely cute to extremely sexy at ease. I'm seriously surprised she doesn't get more roles.
Yukana has maybe not got many role but she gets big one such as Tessa, CC, Ai etc....What's important is not the quantity but the quality

I like this episode. It's true that the first half was weird but when you think about it it was probaly because of the gaz. Even if was a bit wtf, it show some nices interraction bewteen Ai and Junochi.

The second part was well handled. The kiss scene, the swiming pool. Really good. Now, it's true that there was not the kiss at the pool like in the manga but it's not surprising at all. The developement is not the same. It makes more sense to have not a kiss there than to have one. The kiss will be for the last episode.

Last edited by Kusa-San; 2010-10-15 at 13:03.
Closed Thread