AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-11-27, 03:08   Link #221
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Spoiler:
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 03:19   Link #222
james0246

^They changed her name? Or is it an entirely new character? Whatever the case, the blonde is hot .

Spoiler for potential spoilers for Young Justice...:
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-27, 03:34   Link #223
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

I think she is like HawkGirl from the Justice League series, a mesh of the two comic Arrowettes to create a new modernized version of the character.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Dilla; 2010-11-27 at 03:46.
Old 2010-11-27, 05:57   Link #224
Blaat

That was really well done, I can't believe it lived up to my hype. Can't wait till January when the series. I haven't seen the sneak peek yet though (it's not on youtube yet )
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
'Twas fun. Definitely a good premier. Sadly we must wait another 5 or so weeks to see more, and even then we still have to wait for Arrowette to come in to complete the team (and raise the hotness factor even further (this new Aqualad = Smoking)).
The creators admit that she'll join the team by episode 6 although I'm sure she's seen before that.
Old 2010-12-05, 15:11   Link #225
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

So I finally sat down to watch the special and I must agree that it was fantastic. This was the sort of show I was looking for ever since the end of the DCAU, that focuses on a similar feeling of Justice League.

Spoiler for Impressions cut for size:

Overall great start.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
From the hour long premiere, I can tell already that Aqualad is going to be my favorite Young Justice character.
At first I was spectacle about Aquaboy being part of the team, but after watching the episode I can't help but agree with you. He was easily the most likable from the team thus far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
I like the awkwardness portrayed by Superman towards his clone at the end, rather than just inviting Superboy to the League with open arms. It was like a father meeting his son after being out of his life for years.
I was hoping some one would've dropped a ''and all this time I thought you were responsible Supes'' line somewhere
Old 2011-02-22, 16:32   Link #226
Zhaxra

Sad news today for DC animation fans, Dwayne McDuffie has passed away.

All Star Superman is Mr. McDuffie's last work (he wrote the screenplay) which just came out today.
Old 2011-02-22, 20:52   Link #227
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaap

Man, I really feel horrible right now. The man's work on JLU is part of the reason why the show ended up being as strong as it was. I wasn't really looking foreward to All Star Superman, but now ... I can't help but feel awful about it.

R.I.P.
Old 2011-02-23, 06:09   Link #228
Doma Yuset
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Doma Yuset Send a message via Yahoo to Doma Yuset
RIP McDuffie.

Big fan of comics, Marvel and DC, and independent stuff too. I haven't had much time to read many lately, though I do spend some time roleplaying in various cool comic book universes when I'm bored. It's pretty fun, here's a Marvel RP one if anyone's interested.
Anyway, my favorite Marvel character is probably Magneto and my favorite DC character is probably Scarecrow.
Doma Yuset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 22:44   Link #229
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

2012 DC animated releases:
Justice League: Doom (Tower of Babel adaption)
Superman vs the Elite (What's So Funny About Truth, Justice & the American Way? adaption)
The Dark Knight Returns

Last edited by Dilla; 2011-07-31 at 23:02.
Old 2011-08-01, 00:42   Link #230
james0246

I love the "What's So Funny About Truth, Justice & the American Way?" storyline, so I am very excited about the film adaptation, but it is the Year One adaptation that really has me excited.
Old 2011-08-01, 14:16   Link #231
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I agree with james that the Superman vs. The Elite is the one I'm looking for the most, since the storyline it's based on is really good, but other than that ...

The Tower of Babel story was already told in the ADCU once, and I think they had done it perfectly there, so I'm not really that interested to see it again. The Dark Night Returns receives a faceplam from me, since the only adaption of that story I had ever enjoyed was the minor clip from that episode in Batman: TAS, which was also better than the actual story.

As for Year One, I like the story, but man ... Bruce Greenwood was the only actor who sold me Batman/Bruce Wayne other than Kevin Conroy, and Ben McKenzie doesn't come close to either one. He just can't do a good Bruce Wayne voice at all.

And the CG doesn't really inspire much confidence ...
Old 2011-08-01, 14:31   Link #232
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Still not use to any other animated Batman voice other than Kevin Conroy. He probably had the roll the longest of any Batman other than maybe Adam West's version.
Old 2011-08-01, 23:39   Link #233
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

RIP Dwayne McDuffie ...

Iam eagerly awaiting Batman Year One it's a good modern take on Batman's origin story by Frank Miller.

OMG!!! The Dark Knight Returns getting Animated?!!!
Fuuuuuuuu~~~!!!
Iam over joyed!
Old 2011-08-02, 05:50   Link #234
HasuMasu
*Artist

Year One?

The Dark Knight Returns?

TOAA has taken me, i think.

"Oh, hey there Ben..."
Old 2011-08-02, 13:05   Link #235
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
As for Year One, I like the story, but man ... Bruce Greenwood was the only actor who sold me Batman/Bruce Wayne other than Kevin Conroy, and Ben McKenzie doesn't come close to either one. He just can't do a good Bruce Wayne voice at all.
I'm willing to give McKenzie a shot, if only due to the fact that he is portraying a very different Bruce Wayne, a young Bruce Wayne. Rino Romano, in The Batman, was the last to really try this (in animation), and while his performance was a mixed bag, it was still and interesting take on the character.

That being said, Bryan Cranston as Gordon could be a very inspired choice. If he is good enough, I hope the studio will really start thinking (again) about making Brubaker and Rucka's Gotham Central series with Cranston as the lead supporting character.

Additionally, Eliza Dushku as Selina Kyle could be very interesting.
Old 2011-08-02, 22:46   Link #236
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I agree with james that the Superman vs. The Elite is the one I'm looking for the most, since the storyline it's based on is really good, but other than that ...

The Tower of Babel story was already told in the ADCU once, and I think they had done it perfectly there, so I'm not really that interested to see it again. The Dark Night Returns receives a faceplam from me, since the only adaption of that story I had ever enjoyed was the minor clip from that episode in Batman: TAS, which was also better than the actual story.

And the CG doesn't really inspire much confidence ...
When was the Babel story told in the DCAU? I don't remember that.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 23:45   Link #237
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
When was the Babel story told in the DCAU? I don't remember that.
A version of Tower of Babel was done in the Justice League show, only with Hawkgirl as the "betrayer". Considering Tower of Babel is one of Batman's better stories, I certainly do not mind the creation of a better adaptation (not that the Hawkgirl version wasn't very good).
Old 2011-08-03, 02:13   Link #238
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
A version of Tower of Babel was done in the Justice League show, only with Hawkgirl as the "betrayer". Considering Tower of Babel is one of Batman's better stories, I certainly do not mind the creation of a better adaptation (not that the Hawkgirl version wasn't very good).
Oh that's right.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-04, 17:12   Link #239
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
I'm willing to give McKenzie a shot, if only due to the fact that he is portraying a very different Bruce Wayne, a young Bruce Wayne.
I'm more than willing to give him a chance, but honestly, I'm getting flashbacks of William Baldwin from Crisis on Two Earths, where the voice was unfitting for the role.

That said, I don't mind him doing a different take on the character. This is a young Bruce, who's first starting on his crusade against crime, so it should be slightly(?) different from the more seasoned Bruce/Batman. That said, the Bruce I heard from the trailer is more like a numb Bruce, very detached. Sure, it was a few seconds, and I hope that he has more range to show that he call sell the role, but considering Kevin Conroy's performance in Mask of the Phantasm, where he managed to give a starting Bruce Wayne the perfect voice, McKenzie has a lot of ground to cover.
Quote:
Rino Romano, in The Batman, was the last to really try this (in animation), and while his performance was a mixed bag, it was still and interesting take on the character.
Well, The Batman was a different take on the character from the norm, so Romano gave the right performance for the show. (And I thought he managed to do a good job, even if there were some things that weren't to my taste. He certainly tried to break out of the norm, and succeeded in doing so)
Quote:
That being said, Bryan Cranston as Gordon could be a very inspired choice. If he is good enough, I hope the studio will really start thinking (again) about making Brubaker and Rucka's Gotham Central series with Cranston as the lead supporting character.

Additionally, Eliza Dushku as Selina Kyle could be very interesting.
Pretty much agreement on these two.
Old 2011-08-07, 02:42   Link #240
Blaat

They haven't aired an new episode since March (or July if you include the excellent leaked episode) and they already promoting the 2nd season of Young Justice
Spoiler:

All I can say is: holy growth spurt Batman!

As for Batman:Year One, I have to agree Arabesque regarding McKenzie as Batman the voice isn't impressing me at all. I'm still going to watch it though.