AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-06-13, 15:13   Link #101
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN-
Vandread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon01
I'm not jumping to conclusions and associating Japanese cultural standards to what I see presented in anime, but I can't help wondering about this. It's difficult for me to even watch shows like Onegai Twins because of the whole premise. Granted, I've not seen the whole thing and it could be just a huge misunderstanding, but still. Apparently dating a cousin is a peccadillo at worst too. What gives?
Perhaps its because I am from Korea but I really dont see how you can call it an incest if its not between family members....I mean...its a cousin....if you think about it....well it could in a way be nasty but personally i don't think marrying cousin is bad if you love her....
-|(aGe-BuNsHiN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-13, 17:48   Link #102
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
I am from America, the land of the uptight christian war machine.

Altho I wouldn't do the practice myself, I see nothing wrong with it. It does not give me the creep factor that apparently alot of other people have.

In fact, One of my favorite series right now revolves around incestual ineundo and questioning [ Koi Kaze ].

Personally, I think the problem with the Europeans and Americans is the christian War Machine.

And I believe that everyone that are on this forum, That are from Korea, or Japan, Or where ever else, Should thank their lucky stars for not having this corruptive social order in their past and present.

EDIT.

I should state more clearly, that the act of Cousins does not bother me, nor do I see problem.

However, Direct connections such as brother and sisters, Parents and children, That I do not believe is honestly acceptable anywhere.
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 18:44   Link #103
lemondude
"super lemon"

What's with the amount of incest animes

most of the new animes that I watched have these things, Magikano, Kagihime Monogatari Eikyuu Alice Rinbukyoku, Shakugan no Shana, Lamune( well if you watch real carefully), and Canvas2, why man??
lemondude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 19:07   Link #104
Shay
Monarch Programmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemondude
most of the new animes that I watched have these things, Magikano, Kagihime Monogatari Eikyuu Alice Rinbukyoku, Shakugan no Shana, Lamune( well if you watch real carefully), and Canvas2, why man??
Stop watching all that crap then and grab yourself a good ol Shonen-power-up, kick you in the face with a nice guy pose anime¬!
Current Album - Vessel by Twenty One Pilots
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 19:16   Link #105
Pleroma

Cause incest owns.
Pleroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 19:26   Link #106
Cythraul

Quote:
First of all, someone having a crush for their cousin is now incest? Secondly, the "incest" in Lamune is a problem for you, yet you are fine with the amount of mindless violence in SnS? Thirdly, incest as a theme is hardly new or limited to anime. Fourthly, what Pleroma wrote.
Cythraul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 19:34   Link #107
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay
Stop watching all that crap then and grab yourself a good ol Shonen-power-up, kick you in the face with a nice guy pose anime¬!
Like naruto, no incest there... I mean it's not like there's a ninja clan that would practice incest to keep the bloodline pure.

As for why incest is so popular, I would say it's the forbidden love thing. Say what you want, but it sells. Though most cases it turns out they aren't actually blood related, like Da Capo.
Old 2006-01-13, 19:44   Link #108
Aristophanes
I have returned

Send a message via MSN to Aristophanes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cythraul
First of all, someone having a crush for their cousin is now incest? Secondly, the "incest" in Lamune is a problem for you, yet you are fine with the amount of mindless violence in SnS? Thirdly, incest as a theme is hardly new or limited to anime. Fourthly, what Pleroma wrote.
umm having a crush on your cousin can definitely be counted as incest...
Aristophanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 19:52   Link #109
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

Quote:
umm having a crush on your cousin can definitely be counted as incest
I don't know about that, isn't incest the act of doing it with a family member and not just having a crush on them?

Anyways, it's not like this is new. As Shay said, you should watch other kinds of anime.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 20:02   Link #110
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I blame Sister Princess. Imouto characters who adore their Oniichan has increased ever since it was aired. :P

J/k! Of course I know the little sister has been around way before SisPri has ben aired. XD

But seriously, Magikano is incest? All I see is the eldest sister wanting to cook for her older brother, whats wrong with seeing your family fed?

In Kagihime, all the little sister wants is to give the completed book to his older brother. What's wrong with giving you brother presents?

In Lamune, all the little sister wants is for the main character to keep his promise. What's wrong with wanting to spend more time with family?

I think you're letting your imagination run wild for you. :P

Okay SERIOUSLY seriously now, yes there's incest undertones in the shows you mentioned. But you can be like me and turn a blind eye to that. It isn't hard, as it's not overt right? Why ruin an otherwise good show? Magikano is all about the laughs (oh come on, don't tell me you didn't laugh with the hero falling in love with an... don't want to spoil it), Kagihime is all about bunny girls fighting each other, and Lamune is just about 'feeling good'.

But incest in Canvas2? BLASPHEMY! :P

Seriously though, marrying your cousin doesn't seem to be illegal in Japan, as long as he/she isn't your first cousin from what I have been told. Heck, marrying your cousin wasn't even considered 'incest' in western culture till of late (ever read Cyrano de Bergerac?)

For the record, I'm not exactly the biggest fan of brother/sister blood related incest either (I can't believe I watched 2/3 of SisPri though, biggest waste of time T_T). But hey, if there are anime about guys getting it on with robots, pedophilia, and homosexuality, then incest can't be too far behind. Anime is a liberated form of media. :P

Quick trivia though, robo-love, pedo, homo, and incest all appears in Card Captor Sakura. And this is what young girls watch/read in Japan? XD
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 20:18   Link #111
Dark Lord Zenigame
ロリコン

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lord Zenigame
Actually you can marry your first cousin in Japan... and the same goes for most of the states in the US. >_>
Dark Lord Zenigame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 20:40   Link #112
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Zenigame
Actually you can marry your first cousin in Japan... and the same goes for most of the states in the US. >_>
Not most, but quite a few US states. It's really amazing what people think is illegal, but isn't. It's more of a taboo than a law in many places.
Old 2006-01-13, 20:48   Link #113
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

My bad then. I blame a poster in mangadownloads forum for false information on Japan. -_^

But can't blame the topic starter. Here in good ol' Canada, first cousins are 'hands off'. Which I find ironic, since same sex marriage is already legal in at least one part of the country IIRC. >_<

But we can marry our Grandparents! *shudders* XD
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 20:49   Link #114
Dark Lord Zenigame
ロリコン

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lord Zenigame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Not most, but quite a few US states. It's really amazing what people think is illegal, but isn't. It's more of a taboo than a law in many places.

Nope, it's most. 26/50, according to these weirdos...

It may be legal, but that doesn't make it any less nasty. :p
Dark Lord Zenigame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 20:49   Link #115
madmus
Be my friend

Send a message via MSN to madmus
Quote:
Omg .. just thinking about it in my situation gave me a bad impression
well id rather not think about it
madmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 21:20   Link #116
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay
Well I don't know about those other titles but SHANA is NOT crap!
Old 2006-01-13, 21:24   Link #117
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Nope, it's most. 26/50, according to these weirdos...

It may be legal, but that doesn't make it any less nasty.
You might want to check the laws they list. Several of the states that allow it with "restrictions" effectively ban it.

Not that it really matters, either way it's still legal in a lot more places than most people think.
Old 2006-01-13, 22:05   Link #118
Aristophanes
I have returned

Send a message via MSN to Aristophanes
Quote:
Dude the blood line is like 99% pure or something like that....try not marrying your cousin
Aristophanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 22:09   Link #119
Cinos

Quote:
Shana...Crap? is that a typo? plz god let that be a typo..
i dont like you -_-*
Cinos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-13, 22:40   Link #120
KJlost

gf

Shakugan no Shana, incest? Where?
KJlost is offline   Reply With Quote