AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-04-02, 19:52   Link #3721
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Alright, time to vote for all stars.

In NA, I'm thinking of several comps...

Team CDE (ie. the team that didn't practice but still won WCG)
Dyrus
Saintvicious
Reginald
Doublelift (should be Chauster, but he is in the running for jungle position)
Xpecial

Team Aggressive Lane Phase
Voyboy
Saintvicious
Scarra
Wildturtle
Xpecial

Team top KDA in LCS
Dyrus
Saintvicious
Scarra
Cop
Patoy

But I'm most probably gonna go with...

Team Most Raw Talent
Saintvicious - I feel that his champion pool is stronger in this meta. In S2, it would've been the General all the way

Voyboy - Dyrus has better KDA, but the synergy between top and jungler is CRUCIAL in this snowball lane. Not to mention I think Voy has better mechanics

Reginald - Synergy with Jungle isn't as important as top, but still important in order to have another lane that SV can gank. And Regi/SV has been shown to do well together in the past. Think Scarra's fanbase dwarfs Regi's though, since he was always painted as the 'bad guy'

Doublelift - He is THE carry in CLG. Now that he has a top laner that can help carry, and a more experienced/aggressive mid, this should make his job easier.

Patoy - DIG vs TSM was IMO won through his superb support play. With the other three players gonna play a more offensive 'dive' champs, DL gonna need all the help he can get from his support in terms of peel. And I think Patoy would be the best man for the job

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 05:27   Link #3722
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
I agree for the most part except I think Dyrus is a better pick over Voyboy. Dyrus is more consistent and safe player. Voyboy's aggression against EU/Asia won't be as good as it is against the NA teams. Top lane is a farm lane and playing safe will allow jungler be somewhere else. Between Scarra and Reginald, it doesn't make too big of a difference. To be honest, I don't think NA is that strong so it is whatever.
Old 2013-04-03, 12:27   Link #3723
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

having a hard time picking an EU team... even just by raw skill

If you want simply the best team, I'd presume you just pick every player of the currently best team in the respective region due to them being well attuned to each other by training together.

Anyway, seems like a cool idea by riot, looking forward to see the games.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 18:20   Link #3724
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I thought EU is basically a popularity contest, ie. it's gonna be mostly compromised of Evil Genius Players.

Not that NA is any different, but it's pretty close in all roles except for mid (Scarra beats everyone else combined there lol).

Old 2013-04-03, 18:42   Link #3725
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I thought EU is basically a popularity contest, ie. it's gonna be mostly compromised of Evil Genius Players.

Not that NA is any different, but it's pretty close in all roles except for mid (Scarra beats everyone else combined there lol).
Well Diamond > Snoopeh and Edward > Krepo. Froggen and Wickd is fine., Soaz is > Wickd though. I doubt any ADC in EU is actually > WeiXiao so whatever.
Old 2013-04-03, 19:30   Link #3726
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

As much as I'd like to state otherwise, EG are in pretty bad shape compared to last year so far, which is why I would even put Alex Ich before Froggen right now, even though by pure potential mechanics, Froggen might be slightly better.

And yes EU's ADCs are kinda lacking. They can get the carrying job done but none of them stand out with crazy good mechanics.
Old 2013-04-04, 06:51   Link #3727
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Lissandra revealed, new skins for Anivia, Shyvana and Volibear, price of Fortitude pot increased from 250 to 350.

Lissandra looks interesting with her blink ability and the ult being a stun + aoe slow or a zhonyas.

With my name I'm pretty much obligated to get the Shyvana skin but I don't even own her QQ.

The Anivia joke is so.friggin.hilarious and her passive is awesome. The recall looks pretty stupid though.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 07:02   Link #3728
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Can't find the Shyvana skin where was it shown?
Old 2013-04-04, 08:32   Link #3729
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Here.

10chars
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 18:51   Link #3730
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Price of Fortitude pot increased from 250 to 350.
Oh wow, they are going to nerf the red pot start. Riot balancing kills about every inch of creativity on this planet. This is why League of Legends is so dull and so casual. Well folks, time to stack up on lifevamp runes and start dorans.
Old 2013-04-04, 22:52   Link #3731
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
Oh wow, they are going to nerf the red pot start. Riot balancing kills about every inch of creativity on this planet. This is why League of Legends is so dull and so casual. Well folks, time to stack up on lifevamp runes and start dorans.
It was silly all or nothing cheese gambit that made top lane(and mid lane in some cases) even worse snowbally than it had been as it either worked and you got FB and got to be ahead all lane, or you failed and had no chance in lane because of gold gap being extra large.

It was like a doran blade that let you start with potion in exchange for shorter value out of the AD.

Does it effect other phases of the game to nerf it? yes, as much not really.

I am sorry if you consider that a "creative" start to gamble like that then I can't help but laugh.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 23:42   Link #3732
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
It was silly all or nothing cheese gambit that made top lane(and mid lane in some cases) even worse snowbally than it had been as it either worked and you got FB and got to be ahead all lane, or you failed and had no chance in lane because of gold gap being extra large.

It was like a doran blade that let you start with potion in exchange for shorter value out of the AD.

Does it effect other phases of the game to nerf it? yes, as much not really.

I am sorry if you consider that a "creative" start to gamble like that then I can't help but laugh.
It is not a gamble. It is an instant heal + good amount of stats that can't be countered. It opens up options for hyper aggression. It is a cheese and cheese are risky but there is no reason to nerf something just because it is a cheese. Also when the players manage to use something outside of its original intent, I consider that to be creative. Having 10 people premade drawing a picture of Teemo on the map with just wards would be creative. Using the red elixir as instant heal is creative. It is being addressed because it is good, not because that it was cheese. Going top with heal and ignite is a risky gamble. A diamond player used to go top with heal and ignite. Heal and ignite did not getting nerfed.

What bugs me is that Riot likes to nerf everything they did not intended into the ground. Sometimes it just gets annoying. Back then I complained that DotA had balancing problems but now I understand the tradeoff.

Also, what options do you have with ADC starter now? Almost everyone on the Asian server is already starting dorans, what about you? Boots and 3 pot? hahahahhahaa.

Edit: Diamond refused to play for Allstar. Good luck EU!

Last edited by Izayoi; 2013-04-05 at 00:19.
Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 03:35   Link #3733
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Eurgh, last game for bronze 1 series to silver 5...don't want to fuck it up. :L
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-05, 05:25   Link #3734
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Also, what options do you have with ADC starter now? Almost everyone on the Asian server is already starting dorans, what about you? Boots and 3 pot? hahahahhahaa.
9 pots and 2 wards.
Old 2013-04-05, 06:10   Link #3735
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
It is not a gamble. It is an instant heal + good amount of stats that can't be countered. It opens up options for hyper aggression. It is a cheese and cheese are risky but there is no reason to nerf something just because it is a cheese. Also when the players manage to use something outside of its original intent, I consider that to be creative. Having 10 people premade drawing a picture of Teemo on the map with just wards would be creative. Using the red elixir as instant heal is creative. It is being addressed because it is good, not because that it was cheese. Going top with heal and ignite is a risky gamble. A diamond player used to go top with heal and ignite. Heal and ignite did not getting nerfed.

What bugs me is that Riot likes to nerf everything they did not intended into the ground. Sometimes it just gets annoying. Back then I complained that DotA had balancing problems but now I understand the tradeoff.

The few people that thought this up were creative, the immitating rest is definitely not - they just went with what was overly effective.
The problem with fortitude is that the gain outweigh the risk by far. If it just gave like 20-25 damage without the hp then the risk would be adequate but the simple fact that it also gives hp makes it too safe to use, you would almost always out-trade your opponent making him at least leave the lane for some time and easily making the 250 gold worthwhile.

With the changes you can still use it but the risks are adequately increased so it's not like it's gone completely. You just have to actually try to make it count.
Old 2013-04-05, 08:55   Link #3736
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
9 pots and 2 wards.
For ADC? The starters usually go between
flask + pots - For Ezreals-like ADC etc, pretty rare. Nerfed from 225 to 345
red + pots - Nerfed
boots + pots - Nerfed during S3.
Dorans - Passive changed, use quints 4-9% lifevamp.
longsword + 2 pot - Still a decent start since you will get vampscepter 99% of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
The few people that thought this up were creative, the immitating rest is definitely not - they just went with what was overly effective.
The problem with fortitude is that the gain outweigh the risk by far. If it just gave like 20-25 damage without the hp then the risk would be adequate but the simple fact that it also gives hp makes it too safe to use, you would almost always out-trade your opponent making him at least leave the lane for some time and easily making the 250 gold worthwhile.

With the changes you can still use it but the risks are adequately increased so it's not like it's gone completely. You just have to actually try to make it count.
With the changes, I won't be buying it until I have my 5-6th item. It is a true gamble for 350. Riot successfully changed it back to the money sink it was intended to be. I am just guessing though, not sure until I actually try it out.

Here is the thread about the lack of starter items and the red pot nerf on reddit : Thread Link

Last edited by Izayoi; 2013-04-06 at 11:56.
Old 2013-04-09, 19:28   Link #3737
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

3.5 Patch Notes

Notable details:
Lux nerf - It was coming, not that it need to be that hard though.
Corki buffs - He is still the only AD champ that is manaless. Maybe there will be future buffs.
Karma buff - It was coming. I don't play Karma so I don't know.
Other buffed champs(Naut, Nami, Nunu etc) - Decent buffs. It seems like Riot is trying to bring in the AP jungles. Naut is really scary.

Seraph's Embrace - Anyone know the reasoning behind buffing this? If this is stacked then it is god-tier. Now let see who can stack it first! *There is a "glitch" where you can "cancel" the spell and it will still charge since it is still "casted."
Muramana - And then they changed this. I am not sure if this is a buff but I gotta try Ryze now.

Last edited by Izayoi; 2013-04-09 at 19:46. Reason: typo
Old 2013-04-09, 20:33   Link #3738
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Bah, changes to Udyr's Tiger stance didn't make it through.

Old 2013-04-10, 05:48   Link #3739
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
3.5 Patch Notes

Notable details:
Corki buffs - He is still the only AD champ that is manaless. Maybe there will be future buffs.
Karma buff - It was coming. I don't play Karma so I don't know.
Other buffed champs(Naut, Nami, Nunu etc) - Decent buffs. It seems like Riot is trying to bring in the AP jungles. Naut is really scary.

Seraph's Embrace - Anyone know the reasoning behind buffing this? If this is stacked then it is god-tier. Now let see who can stack it first! *There is a "glitch" where you can "cancel" the spell and it will still charge since it is still "casted."
Muramana - And then they changed this. I am not sure if this is a buff but I gotta try Ryze now.
As I still quite frequently pick Corki I'm delighted by his changes to the ult.

I also liked the Karma remake enough, the overall buffs will make her even more fun to play. I didn't think she was as weak as to justify all these buffs but I'm fine with them.

Not sure the Seraph's changes are really buffs, though. It's rather slightly shifting which champs can put it to good use. The reduced mana cost and the base shield will make it more appealing to champs that still didn't have a huge manapool even after getting Seraph's. If you have less than 3000 mana then the new Seraph's will give u more shield than the old one. More than 3k (mid-late Ryze for instance) and you will get less.
Old 2013-04-10, 09:12   Link #3740
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Notable details:

Eh Lux was hit hard, but not that bad, she didn't lose any damage, mana costs, or AP ratios CD on Ult in late game was most suspect area to hit, and movement speed was 2nd as for a champion with so much range she had an awful lot of movement speed compared to other mages, imo.

And generally Muramana is a nerf on anyone not building some armor pen items now since by midgame when you would finish most champions will have more armor than mr, though for ryze it can give him some mixed damage. Urgot, Kha'zix, Jayce, and Corki might have some more usefulness out of now though since they tend to have some armor pen anyways.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
league of legends, lol