Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-21, 13:57   Link #721
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Finished episode 4. I'll just be writing my thoughts with no specific reference to the story and the episode, so no spoilers here.

Let's see, I'm not a fan of Campione and DxD, but I think they are tons better! In this show, everything is a plot convenience to help the protag get his harem! I felt the same way about Campione, but at least, in Campione, even from the supposedly badly made anime, I can see that the plot conveniences are backed up with some substance and effort, and there are a few interesting and intriguing aspects in the story. But not for Date-A-Live IMO. Now, even Kotori's pretty twintails can't save the show for me. Dropped.
Okay, stop. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but do not, DO NOT criticize this show for plot convenience and then use Campione and DxD as counterexamples.
Spoiler for Comparison to Campione & Highschool DxD:

All of you are already hell-bent on dropping this show, and are just fishing for reasons to justify a decision you've already made and committed to stand by. You are perfectly welcome to your own judgement, but don't even try to justify it for reasons like plot convenience and then use examples of even greater plot convenience to support your argument. It makes you sound shallow, despite your attitude.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-04-21 at 22:44.
Newprimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 16:18   Link #722
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 16:36   Link #723
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
http://i.imgur.com/ycACEJUl.jpg
OH GOD....

*nosebleed explosion*

Now if someone made an image of where Tohka's going pat my head, pat my head, then my life is complete.
Old 2013-04-21, 17:41   Link #724
chaos_animagic

So many current manga and anime series have trolls these days...

Things that's suppose to be dead turns out to be alive... LOL
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 18:07   Link #725
Birdway
Banned

Using Dxd or Campiomeh is so wrong in many levels...

Thanks for sharing RWW
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 18:09   Link #726
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek of Blood View Post
TBH, my main pet peeve of this show is the MC's characterization. Judging from the premise, i came into this show expecting kaminomi-like story (which is fascinating and smart), only to be crumbled apart upon realizing that shidou doesn't share even a single drop of Keima's charm. shidou doesn't even get girls sheerly through his effort, but merely through weird power and plot device, which convinced me that he doesn't really deserve the girls. Then i thought "Better ignore him and focus on the girls" Only to get saddened once again since the girls aren't appealing . . . at all. They're just there for the sake of being there, without any solid characterization nor fascinating personality. I can hardly buy "everything will be explained later" seeing how terrible the pacing and direction of this show (i don't read the LN but i could already tell it). In short, if the next ep still have rushing and terrible plot, aside from obvious plot device, i'll most likely drop this show
then reek you might as well drop it
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 18:14   Link #727
Reek of Blood
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to Reek of Blood
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
then reek you might as well drop it
Not yet, maybe later

In most part, i largely agree with Larethian post there. Why? Because he's an anime-only viewer. He judged things entirely from what the show has shown into him thus far. Anime is anime, and LN is LN, they can be judged separately and since this is anime thread, i feel that many part of his post are valid. Criticizing his opinion back using future contents from LN, which only the LN readers are fully aware of, is just obnoxious
Reek of Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 18:17   Link #728
NK141
Some Random Guy

There has got to be a background on Shido that he does not remember. Because if I remember correctly on episode one after the encounter with Tohka, when he is unconscious on the ship you hear an unknown voice talking to him. "It's been a while" "At last we meet again" "I'm so happy" "But please, just wait a little longer" " I will never let you go, I will not make that mistake again". Which goes to prove at least there is something peculiar about him that will be revealed down the track.

So far I'm actually enjoying this series , I don't quite understand why some people are having trouble enjoying it >.>
NK141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 19:43   Link #729
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

Let it be known therefore, that a way to a woman's heart is through her stomach (at least for Tohka).

And btw, too many complaints in this uhh... discussion. If you don't like it, drop it like it's hot. I never get why people cry in forums about how bad this anime is blah blah blah and I'm gonna drop it because of such and such.

Why waste your time on drama when you can just.... *drumrolls* not watch it. Nobody is forcing anybody to watch anything.

But do continue, it's funny to read comments and if it helps people *vent* their anger in a *non-violent way* GREAT!

--------------
More power to Shidou for having Shirou-like powers... by that I mean, not dying when killed.
Old 2013-04-21, 19:47   Link #730
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuafaramir View Post
Let it be known therefore, that a way to a woman's heart is through her stomach (at least for Tohka).
FFF made a mistake in their subbing of ep 3's OP speech. They pretty much almost copied their earlier episode lines and pasted again, but episode 3's little blurb talks about whether Tohka's presence will be combated with violence, or through food, and whether Shidou's wallet will be able to meet that challenge.
Old 2013-04-21, 20:15   Link #731
Reek of Blood
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuafaramir View Post
And btw, too many complaints in this uhh... discussion. If you don't like it, drop it like it's hot. I never get why people cry in forums about how bad this anime is blah blah blah and I'm gonna drop it because of such and such.

Why waste your time on drama when you can just.... *drumrolls* not watch it. Nobody is forcing anybody to watch anything.

But do continue, it's funny to read comments and if it helps people *vent* their anger in a *non-violent way* GREAT!
People have a certain perception in a show and they have certain complaints to make about a big chunk of everything they have seen up to any given point and they would like to be able to do so freely and lightheartedly on an internet forum. Some people do go to ridiculous lengths with their bashing, but some people also get upset too easily when anything bad is said about anime. Everything in this thread has been well in line so far as far as I can tell.

Oh, and it's not like this is a cheerleading thread where any negative comments is highly forbidden IMO
Old 2013-04-21, 20:20   Link #732
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reek of Blood View Post
People have a certain perception in a show and they have certain complaints to make about a big chunk of everything they have seen up to any given point and they would like to be able to do so freely and lightheartedly on an internet forum. Some people do go to ridiculous lengths with their bashing, but some people also get upset too easily when anything bad is said about anime. Everything in this thread has been well in line so far as far as I can tell.

Oh, and it's not like this is a cheerleading thread where any negative comments is highly forbidden IMO
I would understand that if that's the case. However, seeing as this is only the 3RD EPISODE, I don't understand why people complain about plot-holes etc... I mean, 3rd episode, jesus mary and joseph! It's like reading a 670pgs. book and writing a review after the first 20 pages have been read.
Old 2013-04-21, 21:02   Link #733
Birdway
Banned

Actually there are various blogs that throws shit at some series just by watching their first episodes.
Old 2013-04-21, 21:09   Link #734
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
Okay, stop. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but do not, DO NOT criticize this show for plot convenience and then use Campione and DxD as counterexamples.

[mod edit: snipped for space...]

All of you are already hell-bent on dropping this show, and are just fishing for reasons to justify a decision you've already made and committed to stand by. You are perfectly welcome to your own judgement, but don't even try to justify it for reasons like plot convenience and then use examples of even greater plot convenience to support your argument. It makes you sound shallow, despite your attitude.
Spoiler for Comparison to Highschool DxD & Campione:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-04-21 at 22:46.
sapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 21:40   Link #735
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
*snipped*
Do you know how much I criticized Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi's anime and asked people to stay away from it? Btw, I'm the main TL for Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi's LN and it's still one of my top 10 light novels. I don't want to make a super long reply to your post and get started on a number of things, but I hope you get my point.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 22:10   Link #736
backbone
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
Actually there are various blogs that throws shit at some series just by watching their first episodes.
Nothing unusual, although it's one's own fault for listening to their crap
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 22:13   Link #737
ImperialFlameGod8190

that's true its sad in many ways tohka is basic at best and cliché in many different ways Yoshino is a token loli kotori is annoying the only girl that's fun is kurumi
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 22:32   Link #738
Reek of Blood
Banned

I think . . . the main problem here is the "three episodes rule" that some people come up with when watching a show, meaning that if the first three episode alone fail to grab their attentions (which i can say yes for this show), they'll most likely hate it and just leave it for good.
Old 2013-04-21, 22:40   Link #739
Birdway
Banned

Except... they are still here... =_=U
Old 2013-04-21, 22:51   Link #740
s07195
However,

Finished episode 2. Regardless of how much I want to tsukkomi, I shall persist!

As usual, even spirits know the universal language of Japanese. What else?
I thought the communication part, and the overall episode was good, but overall still can't get into the feel of this series, such as with Tohka appearing at the end of episode 2. I couldn't even bear to watch the ending after that conclusion.

Although I'm less bothered by Kotori this episode, I still feel that Shido should at least question her...

Overall, this episode was okay. 6-7/10, I guess?

EDIT: Favorite moment- 'I smell your gym clothes' 'Me too'
With advisors like those, no wonder. <_<

'Baka baka' reminds me of Sora no Otoshimono.

Last edited by s07195; 2013-04-21 at 23:24.
s07195 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, romance, sci-fi, tsundere