AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-04-18, 03:54   Link #401
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

An old rule is to make the villain looks super powerful at somepoint but take it away later to reasonable levels so the hero can defeat them. The idea is to make it seem like there is no way the hero can win for drama and plot.

But then, its Batman. Depending on the production, Batman can outthink anyone and have a counter to anybody, given enough time. Guy's been know to throw Superman at least once (mind you Superman was not ready for a fight and just have his motion countered by a martial arts throw which is suppose to use your opponents motion againt themselves) and have foresight to have Kryponite on him, just in case.
Old 2014-04-18, 04:06   Link #402
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Even a superhuman warrior like Wonder Woman can’t deflect all bullets coming out of semis & autos shot at the same time by soldiers who encircled her with just a single sword. She might be able to deflect a number of them but certainly not all of them. So, I still think it’s a stretch having Ra’s able to pull off that superhuman move but then...

Spoiler for Spoiler of early plot development:
First, she can and commonly does, second; I know, I was just pointing out that it's not much of a strech for Ra's to do that, but power levels consistency was not Son of Batman's strong point, otherwise it should have been imposible to:
Spoiler for Plot:
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-18, 04:30   Link #403
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
First, she can and commonly does.
Not really. If you watched the DC animated movies or JLA series. There's a number of occasions where she was hit by a bullet, arrow, dart, etc. One that is fresh in my mind is when she got hit by a venomous dart from Black Manta during a battle in one of JLU episodes. Now that's just one shooter aiming at her and actually got a hit. Imagine if a squad of soldiers with full auto rifles encircling her from every direction and shooting at her at the same time. She won't be able to deflect all of those bullets with a single sword, I can almost guarantee that. Like I said, you need the speed of Superman or Flash to pull it off.
Old 2014-04-19, 20:22   Link #404
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

This looks like it could be pretty good.

Old 2014-08-14, 19:29   Link #405
Frontier

Bumping up this thread because I've just recently seen Assault on Arkham and wanted to share my thoughts:

Spoiler:
Old 2014-08-15, 01:57   Link #406
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Batman Assult on Arkham was a way to kill off villains that didn't appear in the game.

Nearly all my favorite comic book DC has been animated. What I'm eagerly awaiting to be animated are Batman Killing Joke, Batman RIP, Batman Death of a Family and Redhood and the Outlaws.

As for Marvel they're so-so in the animation department when it comes to their heroes. Best I've watched and bought from Marvel is Hulk VS and the 3D Ironman and Hulk Adventure.
Old 2014-08-15, 05:20   Link #407
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Oh, I guess Harley is pretty prominent in this based off of the trailer? That's cool, between her and Ivy it's a toss up between them for who's my favorite villainess.
Old 2014-08-15, 13:02   Link #408
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Batman Assult on Arkham was a way to kill off villains that didn't appear in the game.
Well, with a movie focusing on the Suicide Squad, you'd have to expect a few deaths .

Quote:
Nearly all my favorite comic book DC has been animated. What I'm eagerly awaiting to be animated are Batman Killing Joke, Batman RIP, Batman Death of a Family and Redhood and the Outlaws.
Killing Joke has been talked about a lot, and the chance to play Joker in that is apparently the only thing that will bring Mark Hamill out of his "retirement" as Joker.

Though, honestly, I hope in the future that we get a little less Batman movies in the line. He certainly got a lot even before they created their own continuity with the movies starting with War, but now the line seems dominated by just Justice League and Batman movies when other characters could use more attention .

Quote:
As for Marvel they're so-so in the animation department when it comes to their heroes. Best I've watched and bought from Marvel is Hulk VS and the 3D Ironman and Hulk Adventure.
Yeah, while Marvel definitely has the lead when it comes to movies, DC's got them beat in terms of animation. I can't say any of the recent crop of Marvel cartoons even comes close to the quality of the last few DC cartoons and animated movies or even the last generation of Marvel shows (Spectacular Spider-Man, Wolverine and the X-Men, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes).

The reason Marvel's cartoons seem to have more success is that Disney usually treatsthem better than Cartoon Network or Warner Bros. does to the DC toons'. While Marvel gets good marketing and merchandise to keep their shows afloat, DC fails to net either thanks to Cartoon Network favoring more comedic "boy-centric" shows and a lack of toys for any of their action cartoons.
Old 2014-08-15, 13:52   Link #409
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I think Batman: Assault on Arkham is decent.
Spoiler for Story:

Speaking of Marvel animation, I've seen Avengers Confidential. I think it's fine if not for the cheesy final villain and Black Widow's over-melancholy moments. I mean, is this really the same Black Widow who said "Love is for kids" (or something like that) in The Avengers movie? Also, damn, do the CG characters in the final fight are static and ugly, and Tony looks like a clown.
Old 2014-08-15, 15:29   Link #410
Frontier

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Speaking of Marvel animation, I've seen Avengers Confidential. I think it's fine if not for the cheesy final villain and Black Widow's over-melancholy moments. I mean, is this really the same Black Widow who said "Love is for kids" (or something like that) in The Avengers movie? Also, damn, do the CG characters in the final fight are static and ugly, and Tony looks like a clown.
Well, Black Widow has had several love interests in the comics, but considering her portrayal in the movie and how she's generally portrayed, a more melancholic take on her would probably be pretty jarring .
Old 2016-07-24, 20:23   Link #411
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

The sex-scene between Batgirl & Batman in the opening/early part of The Killing Joke animated adaptation sparked controversy. And here's an interview with the man behind the controversial event in the animated movie.

On another note, we'll have Batman and Harley Quinn animated movie planned for summer 2017 release.

Well, looks like this is a good time for Batman shippers who like obscure pairings, or at least other than the usual BatmanxCatwoman, BatmanxTalia, BatmanxDiana (and BatmanxJoker). I'm not a shipper myself, so I keep an open mind and find all of them to be interesting. What's next? Batman & Zatanna movie? Batman & Ivy? Batman & Huntress? Batman & Alfred?
Old 2016-07-25, 21:04   Link #412
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Well, Batman has slept with everyone and their mothers, so he can be shipped with anyone, really
Old 2016-07-25, 21:30   Link #413
Galaxian

I would be down for some Batman/Zatanna, the pairing gets not love even though it's essentially a cliche shojou pairing: The girl with a crush on her disgustingly perfect childhood friend/senpai.

Batman/Huntress on the other hand... No, just no... Unless the Batman we're talking about is Grayson.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-25, 21:51   Link #414
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Well, Batman has slept with everyone and their mothers, so he can be shipped with anyone, really
Indeed, but we rarely get obscure pairings being highlighted in official animated movies, no? And now we already have one and another one will come (if all goes according to plan).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Batman/Huntress on the other hand... No, just no...
Hm? Why not?
Old 2016-07-25, 21:53   Link #415
monster

Quote:
Hm? Why not?
His daughter?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-25, 22:04   Link #416
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
His daughter?
Uh, I'm talking about Helena Rosa(?) Bertinelli. You know, the Huntress that they used in JLU series?

Though, I think the incest-route is kinda interesting too (forgive me. I guess I watched too much GoT & anime to the point that now I’m okay with incest in fiction ).
Old 2016-07-25, 22:51   Link #417
Galaxian

Quote:
Uh, I'm talking about Helena Rosa(?) Bertinelli. You know, the Huntress that they used in JLU series?
I still see it as incest-by-proxy. Just like the time Supergirl and a Superman hooked up.
Old 2016-07-25, 22:55   Link #418
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

She had no problem fucking Dick though (Huntress)
The main Supes and Supergirl also came close to hooking up one time
Old 2016-07-25, 23:27   Link #419
Galaxian

Quote:
She had no problem fucking Dick though (Huntress)
They're not blood related in any way, so it doesn't matter. Plus, their relationship at the end of No Man's Land was actually kind of nice.

BTW, the should adapt No Man's land into a three-part animated movie.

Quote:
The main Supes and Supergirl also came close to hooking up one time
She end up marrying an elseworld's version of Supse at one point.
Old 2016-07-26, 17:41   Link #420
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
So the Batgirl animated movie didn't even amount into a good Batgirl movie, huh. How annoyingly disappointing.