AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2010-05-28, 11:21   Link #61
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Manglobe, eh? Should have high enough production values. Looking more forward to it now that ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
The anime is very compared to Hayate the Combat Butler because of...harem and bishounen protagonist !
But Hayate doesn't try an---wait, didn't we go through this before?
Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Manglobe

Hope can see a quality like Samurai Champloo again for this series...
Action scene's in my kaminomi?
Old 2010-05-28, 11:48   Link #62
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Manglobe? sounds good. I'm looking forward to it.
And I can't wait for the next issue of Shounen Sunday for more info.
Old 2010-05-28, 12:08   Link #63
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Well i'm not specifically referring to the action part of Samurai Champloo...imo recent works of Manglobe weren't really attracting my attention despite of its good animation style. Certain aspects of series like Seiken no BS and Michiko to Hachin didn't seem to stand out well. I wish it would be as interesting as Samurai Champloo, where every aspect of the series is refined and toned well. Samurai Champloo is one of my favorite series made by Manglobe so far, and it is the only reason why i still have my faith on Manglobe.

In a way, Kaminomi is no different from series like Detective Conan (or probably Pokemon? ) and though the premise is about catching spirits and solve cases, but the true strength of Kaminomi is the characters on it, especially Keima. I don't give damn about the girls in Kaminomi, i just want Keima to be charismatic just like in the manga. I don't want Keima to end up being equal with the girls like Hayate in HnG. Because in Kaminomi, only Keima that matters

Let me put it this way

Keima = God
Other girls =/= God
Girl that surpasses and stand out more than Keima = defying the existence of God
Defying God = divine punishment
Divine punishment = bad series
Bad series = drop

Well lets just see how Manglobe will handle this...hope they won't fail down this series like Seiken no BS.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-28, 17:33   Link #64
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Manglobe

Hope can see a quality like Samurai Champloo again for this series...
Well, maybe not "like", but "on a similar level to". I think the production crew they've already announced for it (director, character designer) suggest it won't be anything like Champloo in execution.

But yes, I am happy that we will in all likelihood get high production quality. Now for the cast...
Old 2010-05-30, 04:26   Link #65
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Now for the cast...
One good thing about Shaft not getting this: No Hiroshi Kamiya.

I mean, he's a great actor, but he's rapidly approaching Yui Horie levels of I-am-sick-of-hearing-this-voice, given that he's in absolutely everything in every season ever.

If Manglobe is competent at all, the only logical choice is Jun Fukuyama, at any rate.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-30, 04:40   Link #66
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
One good thing about Shaft not getting this: No Hiroshi Kamiya.

I mean, he's a great actor, but he's rapidly approaching Yui Horie levels of I-am-sick-of-hearing-this-voice, given that he's in absolutely everything in every season ever.

If Manglobe is competent at all, the only logical choice is Jun Fukuyama, at any rate.
Uh Jun is in just as many shows as Kamiya in the last few years if not more... he's in 3 shows airing right now and is voicing the lead in the next big Weekly Shonen Jump adaption in Nurarihyon no Mago. As well as the lead of Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu. Both shows starting next season and both running into Fall when this airs, and he's also having a minor role in Sekerei 2.

Speaking of Fall he's Letter Bee 2 and I'm sure the next Geass will start up than as well (lead probably won't be "lelouche" but i'm sure he's going to have a Fukuyama voice anyway...) and who knows what else he'll be in. Fukuyama is just as guilty as Kamiya when it comes to "Yui Horie levels of I-am-sick-of-hearing-this-voice". Miyano's not only the better choice for the role he's also less used
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 03:41   Link #67
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

phone post

Quote:
I don't give damn about the girls in Kaminomi, i just want Keima to be charismatic just like in the manga.
What the? Say it ain't Sosa!!

Ignoring the girls is like, ignoring the whole premise about the story. In fact if it weren't for them, he wouldn't be the "krasmatic" person we all know him to be now. (If I recall prior to meeting El he was a loner with basically only one liners with zero charisma).

A series with just Keima would only be episodes of his daily escapades beating the newest game on the market. I think that'll suck

What I'm wondering about is how involved the manga-ka will be...
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 04:05   Link #68
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Uh Jun is in just as many shows as Kamiya in the last few years if not more...
Kamiya has voiced the lead of practically every major Shaft production in the last three years, and every character he plays seems to have the tendency to NEVER SHUT UP.

Fukuyama may have just as many roles, but he's not nearly as prominent in most of them.

Quote:
Miyano's not only the better choice for the role he's also less used
Eh, I've actually never seen Death Note, which probably has something to do with how I'd prefer Fukuyama as Keima, I guess.

Really, this all just comes down to Lelouche vs Light...
Old 2010-06-01, 09:05   Link #69
Raiza Sunozaki

I've been following this series for about a year or so now, so I'm psyched that it's finally getting an anime treatment. I love its "this could be a harem series but we'd rather just move onto the next girl" feel. The whole point is that it feels like how you clear one girl's path in a dating sim, and then move onto next one.

As for Manglobe, I'm not completely familiar with their work, the only other series I know from them is Sarai-ya Goyou. Still, I like that series, so I'm not disappointed by the studio choice.
At least Kaminomi isn't going to become another great manga series that becomes merely a passable anime out of SHAFT.
Raiza Sunozaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 09:22   Link #70
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Kamiyan is everywhere, it only makes sense considering he's one of the most popular fujoshi favourite seiyuu. The male seiyuu market isn't as saturated as its female counterpart, you're more likely to hear the same male seiyuus over and over again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon
he's not nearly as prominent in most of them
FukuJun tend to get side characters, while Kamiyan gets main lead. Kamiyan just voiced too much memorable/iconic/meme characters.

I'm rooting for FukuJun as Keima for the lolz factor (I loved Code Geass for the troll). FukuJun is a hardworking guy, he wouldn't turn out an offer (I think). For the female characters I'll prefer lesser known female seiyuus, it would give them enough screentime to show off their skills. Eroge seiyuus would be interesting...

This doesn't look like the hardest title to adapt into an anime, the hardest part would be timing the gags so that it would be effective (probably easier said then done).
Old 2010-06-01, 10:30   Link #71
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
FukuJun tend to get side characters, while Kamiyan gets main lead.
lolwut?

Lead roles I can think of for Fuku Jun from the last few years are...

Code Geass, Eve no Jikan, Spice & Wolf, Amatsuki, Akikan and Working... xxxholic ovas too and special A.

Kamiya has Angel Beats, Polyphonica and Natsume in addition to his shaft shows (bake, arakawa, SZS)

And next season FukuJun gets 2 more lead roles in Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu and Nurarihyon no Mago.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 14:22   Link #72
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Eh, I've actually never seen Death Note, which probably has something to do with how I'd prefer Fukuyama as Keima, I guess.

Really, this all just comes down to Lelouche vs Light...
You haven't seen Soul Eater? While the lulzworthy SRS(potato chip)BZNS of Death Note is definitely present for Keima, his voice and manner are almost exactly Death the Kidd... Who was voiced perfectly by Miyano. Easily the best part of that series...

Quote:
lolwut?

Lead roles I can think of for Fuku Jun from the last few years are...

Code Geass, Eve no Jikan, Spice & Wolf, Amatsuki, Akikan and Working... xxxholic ovas too and special A.

Kamiya has Angel Beats, Polyphonica and Natsume in addition to his shaft shows (bake, arakawa, SZS)

And next season FukuJun gets 2 more lead roles in Densetsu no Yuusha no Densetsu and Nurarihyon no Mago.
So they're both overused. Hence Miyano. ^_^
Old 2010-06-01, 16:30   Link #73
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah Miyano is the voice for the job. I can pretty much hear him while reading the manga.
Old 2010-06-01, 17:11   Link #74
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Fukuyama isn't nearly as loud and talkative in most of those roles as Kamiya is in his. Which is what I was getting at. But yeah, I'll admit that they're both overused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
You haven't seen Soul Eater? While the lulzworthy SRS(potato chip)BZNS of Death Note is definitely present for Keima, his voice and manner are almost exactly Death the Kidd... Who was voiced perfectly by Miyano. Easily the best part of that series...
Yeah, actually, looking back, I can agree that Miyano would make a good Keima.

I'd still prefer Fukuyama, though.
Old 2010-06-01, 17:14   Link #75
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

yay glad others thinking Miyano would be great for the part, I always thought something akin to Death the Kidd would fit the part for Keima.
Old 2010-06-01, 17:35   Link #76
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
yay glad others thinking Miyano would be great for the part, I always thought something akin to Death the Kidd would fit the part for Keima.
Yeah just take the serious side of Death the Kidd, and we have our voice for Keima. There's also plenty of room for those series facial expression voices thanks to Light from Death Note.
Old 2010-06-01, 23:46   Link #77
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I'm going to be the complete outlier and say: Hagiwara Masato. Somehow, despite all expectations I think he'd be able to do it.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 00:18   Link #78
Falkor

I would say fukujun + this: (posted on the manga thread)

Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 00:21   Link #79
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Lol Kaiji...now that's one interesting bet there

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
What the? Say it ain't Sosa!!

Ignoring the girls is like, ignoring the whole premise about the story. In fact if it weren't for them, he wouldn't be the "krasmatic" person we all know him to be now. (If I recall prior to meeting El he was a loner with basically only one liners with zero charisma).

A series with just Keima would only be episodes of his daily escapades beating the newest game on the market. I think that'll suck

What I'm wondering about is how involved the manga-ka will be...
No not that i mean to that extent. In most harem series that i knew, its likely that females will get more attention than the male lead. You know this will happen when the anime starts airing and all the discussions focused on the females instead of the male lead that is supposed to be the main character in the series.

That's the sad fate that male lead always get in a harem series anyway...which is something i don't want to see in TWGOK.
margafred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 02:24   Link #80
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

phone post

Quote:
No not that i mean to that extent. In most harem series that i knew, its likely that females will get more attention than the male lead. You know this will happen when the anime starts airing and all the discussions focused on the females instead of the male lead that is supposed to be the main character in the series.

That's the sad fate that male lead always get in a harem series anyway...which is something i don't want to see in TWGOK.
Ah I see what you mean, a perfectly valid reason. It's like, if this series has its own sub-forum, there'd be more topics about the girls than about Keima accomplishments

I think if they give at least some Keima monologue from time to time that would be interesting, let us dive into his mind every now and then, to elevate some focus from the girls

Ok well they have to, how else are they going to portray Keima's planning process in the manga
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, romance, shounen