AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-03-07, 04:58   Link #1
07ChanF
Mass Dictionary Lookup...

Memories off 5

Source: Anime News Network (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=6369)
Anyone here who is interested in this? It's some sort of OVA and I can't really find any other thread about this since its so new....

All I can say is that I'm interested and waiting... really need to free up a bit of space for Memories Off 3.5 but have and have watched MO and MO2. Liked it... wanted to play the novel but my chinese wasn't good enough for the translated game... I seriously need to find some time for learning japanese with the sheer amount of interest I have in game with japanese text

P.S. I do know how long I will probably have to study before I get myself to the level to read visual novels but I'll at least die trying with dictionary searches if I have to....
07ChanF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 05:52   Link #2
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

dont waste your time with memories off, its not that great.

when i played the game the only options were call the girl stupid or lie to her. i really didnt like that. the player is a depressed emo freak basically. i can understand him being a little sour, but lying everytime to the poor girl? made me think a bunch of 12 year olds made the game. now the 2nd two games might be better, havnt really got into them, but stay away from the first one. it is exactly like the OVA. so watch the OVA and save your self 3 days of spamming the button skipping mass quantities of pointless text.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 11:16   Link #3
Cloudkiller1
Spina~

But hey, you can't always take everyone's word for granted now. I respect your opnion Potatochobit, but if really likes it he's should at least give it a try y'know so he can personally like it or not.
Cloudkiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 14:33   Link #4
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

if he cant read at least 20% of the japanese text the game will give a completely different impression and appear to be any regular text based novel. the OVA is fine, it gets rid of all the bad garbage and compresses the main story, which is a medicore tragic love betrayl story.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 20:51   Link #5
Thelastguardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
dont waste your time with memories off, its not that great.
I don't think it is fair for you to complain about a game that is 1. the first one in the series 2. over 6 years old.

The 2nd one (and 4, and to some extend, 5) are better because quality improves over time.

Back to topic

It is an OVA. You can safely skip MO OVAs though- they are bad.

On the topic of MO, I once heard someone commented that most people are either Kid fans or Key fans, but not both XD .
Old 2006-03-08, 09:23   Link #6
DaFool
Resident devil

My favorite among all the Memories Off OVAs is still the very first one, because

1.) Music (OP especially)
2.) The very first time I encountered the cutest upturned-nose-profile designs in an ero-game based anime (Shuffle has since dethroned it on best erogame->anime char design port)
3.) Each story seemed to focus on a particular girl, instead of mesh them all together in the later OVAs. Which means it almost borders on iyashi-kei subgenre.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 05:18   Link #7
07ChanF
Mass Dictionary Lookup...

I spent too much time with a dictionary finishing Kanon (in japanese; I codl make out the chinese related characters most of the time).... Liked the style of MO 2nd OVA, so am just watching out of interest... still waiting for MO 3.5 since I got a bad ISP.. Friend got MO5 game and is playing it, he says its good in some parts, so I'll might give it a shot later with a bit of help here and there from my old chinese textbook (spent awhile learning chinese. Can read only traditional, never got around to "patching" myself to simplified, I read chinese newspapers from time to time to keep in practise)... note 'tis a chinese translation patch applied.
07ChanF is offline   Reply With Quote