AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-04-07, 09:13   Link #29441
maknaedik

My recent hauls:

Spoiler for Hauls:

Oh, more expensive (cause it's an issue for one, LOL)

Red Gunpla Reviews: http://redblondemean.wordpress.com

My Personal Blog: http://cmgaddict.wordpress.com
maknaedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 09:32   Link #29442
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I'd like to see some photos of that Trans-am GN-X IV. And do the best poses you can with it.
Old 2013-04-07, 11:20   Link #29443
Zeydra
A random passerby

Is it strange that the more I see of the new Strike mg the more I dislike it? Its head is just really bugging me for some reason. I've honestly no idea why though, and I'm still going to get it.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-07, 12:03   Link #29444
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeydra View Post
Is it strange that the more I see of the new Strike mg the more I dislike it? Its head is just really bugging me for some reason. I've honestly no idea why though, and I'm still going to get it.
I’d say the head is actually an improvement over the older one. The old head is quite ugly. The eyes are not quite well-placed and the v-fin is to straight-forward imo. Still, I do have a problem with the HD Strike and that is the Aile wings which become less smooth than the older ones due to some additional flaps they applied on them. That’s too bad really. I know they wanted to make it more “real” that way, but the previous smooth-wings are better-looking imo.
Old 2013-04-07, 18:29   Link #29445
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I'd like to see some photos of that Trans-am GN-X IV. And do the best poses you can with it.
I really want to do that, but I'm still searching for a tamashii stage. Damn, it can do good poses, I just lack a stand.

Old 2013-04-08, 06:33   Link #29446
Butagami

Oh joy, oh laughter, oh mirth!
I finally managed to get all the blade bits off my Qan[T]
I ended up using a small metal file to file away at the piece that held the bits. After some time I finally got it loose. One of the connectors does have a small crack in it, over which I poured some superglue. Here's to hoping it holds up...

@Maknaedik: Awesome. Do post pictures when you're done. One day, I'll get a red frame too....
Old 2013-04-08, 07:47   Link #29447
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butagami View Post
I ended up using a small metal file to file away at the piece that held the bits. After some time I finally got it loose. One of the connectors does have a small crack in it, over which I poured some superglue. Here's to hoping it holds up...

@Maknaedik: Awesome. Do post pictures when you're done. One day, I'll get a red frame too....
That's something I'm concerned about. But I have 2 MG 00 Qan[t] so I should be ok. I got 2 because I wanted to display one in like "standby" mode and another in Quantum Burst Mode.
Old 2013-04-08, 08:05   Link #29448
maknaedik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butagami View Post

Wish granted even before you wished for it. As usual and I'm excited but I still have some free commish works to finish, haha..

Old 2013-04-08, 10:20   Link #29449
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

I just had a thought about the upcoming RG GP01-kits: The GP01 has a pretty big Core Fighter that makes a big chunk of its upper body. I don't know if I would like them to integrate the transformed Core Fighter into the chest. Poseability might suffer from this, and the torso could be more fragile. What do you guys think about this. I would like to have just a Core Fighter that can transform and just the Gundam by itself without the need of a coreblock
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 13:02   Link #29450
Providenceangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeFreedomV2 View Post
I just had a thought about the upcoming RG GP01-kits: The GP01 has a pretty big Core Fighter that makes a big chunk of its upper body. I don't know if I would like them to integrate the transformed Core Fighter into the chest. Poseability might suffer from this, and the torso could be more fragile. What do you guys think about this. I would like to have just a Core Fighter that can transform and just the Gundam by itself without the need of a coreblock
They can just do what they did for the RX 78, make a piece and a separate core fighter.
Providenceangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 14:33   Link #29451
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providenceangle View Post
They can just do what they did for the RX 78, make a piece and a separate core fighter.
The Coreblock is very big and makes a big part of the torso of the GP01. But as someome on Facebook said: They pulled of the Zeta. So they will probably pull that off as well^^
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 06:04   Link #29452
Washu-Chan
Powered by AMD Athrun 64

Question: What were the GSD Gunpla sales like during its original broadcast? Based on rumors, they didn't sell well compared to the Seed Gunpla, with the exception of the Strike Freedom.

And given that Bandai's view is that the show is a "failure" (regardless of their performance and reception) if the show's Gunpla sell below expectations...
Old 2013-04-09, 06:51   Link #29453
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post
Question: What were the GSD Gunpla sales like during its original broadcast? Based on rumors, they didn't sell well compared to the Seed Gunpla, with the exception of the Strike Freedom.

And given that Bandai's view is that the show is a "failure" (regardless of their performance and reception) if the show's Gunpla sell below expectations...
How sales did in japan (the only place that matters for bandai) is not always visible for us non japanese persons.
From what i've seen then, it sold quite well, first wave of all 1/144 hg and 1/100 hg were always sold out in a couple of days. But if that meets exspectations is unshure. You can set exspectations so high that it will always be a failure in your eyes.

Also gundam has so much merchandise (not only gunpla, but books, art, figures, statues, bags, etc......) that it's hard to judge it just by the gunpla.

Also when something is succesful companies tend to imagine that any successor will always do better, they never anticipate any downfall, let alone they take into account economic crisis. But sales are not a standard to which one should judge quality.

Personaly i'm a big fan of seed destiny even if it's a failure to some.
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 06:51   Link #29454
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Washu-Chan View Post

I don't think Seed and Seed Destiny were a "failure" per say. Why else would Bandai be doing those Remastered version releases/MG releases for ones we never got?

As well as, Sunrise doing the HD Remaster TV series for Seed and now Seed Destiny?

It's just Bandai trying to milk the franchise, and they're doing a pretty damn good job milking it..LOL

Personally, I would've loved to see them do a Remastered version of Gundam Wing w/ HD visuals followed by a Remastered version of Endless Waltz. Then we could get like RM Ver for Wing EW, Wing Zero EW, and then release the rest of the movie suits from Wing (Nataku, Heavyarms Custom, Sandrock Custom, Tallgeese III)...

I guess we'll have to wait on that though.

But I mean look at how popular Kira is from Seed and Seed Destiny.
Old 2013-04-11, 11:39   Link #29455
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Got me some spare cash, so decided to get me a couple of HGs and so thought I'd take my dive into AGE.
Atm decided on the AGe-1+razor parts and G-Exes but not sure what to get as a 3rd.
I want G-Bouncer but it's outta stock, Legilis also wanted but also out of stock, Spallow took my fancy as well but figure I'd leave that for a sale I think.
So looking at whats available, Ghirarga looks pretty cool, whats that like?

And also why in the hell don't we have a HG Khronos?
Old 2013-04-11, 11:46   Link #29456
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Kinda quiet in here. Let me lighten things up a bit.

I’ll share some pics of my kit then. Since I hate to put the decals on my MG Deathscythe Hell (I think it will ruin the aesthetic), I decided to put them on my 1/100 instead. So, here it is, my 1/100 Deathcythe with the MG’s decals (beware of the size):

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

And to celebrate Destiny Remaster, here’s some pics of my Chaos (again ):

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-04-11, 12:44   Link #29457
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Got me some spare cash, so decided to get me a couple of HGs and so thought I'd take my dive into AGE.
Atm decided on the AGe-1+razor parts and G-Exes but not sure what to get as a 3rd.
I want G-Bouncer but it's outta stock, Legilis also wanted but also out of stock, Spallow took my fancy as well but figure I'd leave that for a sale I think.

Shop around a bit.
A lot of retailers actually combine all 3 variations of the Age-1 HG's as well as the Age-1 MG's into 1 savings bundle these days.
Old 2013-04-11, 20:13   Link #29458
Skye629

Quote:

Highly recommend one of the AGE-2 kits, they're great
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-12, 06:02   Link #29460
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:

i've built 6 1/144 HG AGE models this far, they are all very good! I have 15 in the closet waiting till i retire to get built .

Least good, but still a nice model was the shadoll custom.
I really love the adel, even if it's a retool mass production age-1.
I'm also a big fan of the genoace, if you like MP suits.

AGE-1 is a good choice it's a great, easy model, very well posable. G-exes is also cool, but G-boucer is a beter model.

Overall AGE doesn not have any bad models, just pick the design you like and that's available
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy