AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-04-06, 19:46   Link #1
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Double Arts

I haven't seen a thread for this one yet...

It's a new shonen manga by Komi Naoshi, a new manga-ka. I think this is his first series.

Anyway:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangaupdates description
A boy and a girl are forced to join hands for all eternity!? In a land ravaged by an epidemic known as "Troy", the only people with healing arts capable of stopping the seizures caused by the disease are the Sisters. Although they have a high resistance to the disease, they are searching for a person who is truly immune, if they exist, so that they can find a cure. The main character is Sister Elraine, one of the Sisters who becomes infected with Troy. But, when she touches Kiri, a seemingly ordinary boy, her seizures stop. Could he be the one!?
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=26485

There are only three chapters scanlated...and I think only three chapters out, so the scanlation pace is going quite nicely. From what little I've seen, it has a very good potential. To be sure, the character designs aren't anything I've never seen before (though the girl is cute ), and the boy's spunky-haired look isn't particularly inspiring. However, so far he hasn't shown any signs of being particularly lecherous, annoying, and possessing of other Generic Shonen Lead Behaviors (tm), which is very good, and there's still a lot of mystery behind him...

I'm not sure if this is going to be a long manga or a short one. The premise seems straightforward enough: get that miracle kid/possible cure to the Cathedral as soon as possible, and avoid the (still mysterious) enemies hunting them along the way. However, I could easily see it extended the moment they reach their destination, as something big will naturally happen by then. And of course, the whole hands-being-tied-together thing is a recipe for romance or just some sweet moments.

As of chapter 3, it seems they will not be traveling just together, with a new girl appearing already, and a potential fourth teammate coming to them with an elite squad of bodyguards. It's only starting though, and the manga could go just about anywhere.

I find it to be interesting and pleasant enough to follow through. Let's hope this one turns out great, because potential should never be wasted, and another good manga is never one too much!

Thread created only for archiving purposes pretty much, since it's way too early to discuss anything in detail.
Old 2008-04-06, 23:48   Link #2
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

well read from chapter 3 and all i can say that boy is not your ordinay every day person hahahhaha

Last edited by technomo12; 2008-04-06 at 23:49. Reason: sorry forgot the trans is up to chapter 3 ^_^
Old 2008-04-07, 11:51   Link #3
Kyrie

Send a message via AIM to Kyrie Send a message via MSN to Kyrie
I think it's a good manga, going at a good pace too. I wonder how long it'll be though?*ponders*

Kiri turned out to be different than I thought he would. I was thinking Cloud Strife when I saw him and that it would him take forever to go along with whatever was happening, but he didn't put up a fight at all @_@

The hand holding is definately going to make some cute moments come, and since Kiri isn't a perv they will be even cuter~
Old 2008-04-07, 12:46   Link #4
LCeh

Great manga. THe story isn't new (boy and girl can't separate), but I like the twist they put behind it (having to heal people). And the main characters are great. Kiri is just one of the better shounen male leads I have seen in a while.

Definitely will be following this.
Old 2008-04-08, 12:13   Link #5
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

well again it is good of a manga kiri reminds me of taiga and well i kinda like it if this was bot soo long manga hehehe

well dunno but ill be watching this
Old 2008-04-08, 22:12   Link #6
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Thought this was a pretty interesting manga so far. Kiri really is an interesting guy. Pretty intelligent to come up with a plan to fight the first opponent they ran into and just to agree to help out like that. His family is one interesting bunch as well. A father one might confuse with a giant and his mother is pretty short. But both are really kind people that were willing to help out as well. Plus being so open to El even knowing about her condition.

A strange situation out there to be sure. People going out and taking a disease into themselves to give people just a little more time to be with their loved ones. Even though it's shortening their own lifespans and doesn't provide a cure to the condition either. Plus your dealing with the pain of being isolated from normal society. People may appreciate what you do, but don't want anything to do with you otherwise.

Hand holding thing and its implications was interesting enough. Dealing with something like showering pretty quickly. Should be a solid one to follow.
Old 2008-04-08, 23:57   Link #7
LCeh

One thing I forgot to mention in my previous post was the potential of this manga. I think Kiri is a character that they can really explore. The way they have set it up now, there is clearly a lot more to him than what we have seen. If they do it well, I think this manga can turn out to be a great work.
Old 2008-04-09, 02:27   Link #8
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

yeah same here i voting for the continuation of this manga
Old 2008-04-12, 22:31   Link #9
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Spoiler for Chapter 4:
Old 2008-04-12, 22:37   Link #10
Zoe

I love this series so far. Komi's previous one-shots were great as well.

Last edited by Zoe; 2008-04-12 at 23:28.
Old 2008-04-12, 23:53   Link #11
LCeh

Somehow chapter 4 felt really short, went by in a blink.
Old 2008-04-13, 00:58   Link #12
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCeh View Post
Somehow chapter 4 felt really short, went by in a blink.
Have to agree with you there. Maybe I'm not used to going through manga. Was just sitting there when it was finished wanting more...Now I want chapter 5 .
Old 2008-04-13, 02:02   Link #13
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Well, it is the shortest of all the chapters so far. And the whole thing is just an introductory fight for Sui (the new girl's name).

But yeah, too short, man, too short.

His ex? Awkward, lol.
Old 2008-04-14, 10:35   Link #14
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Meh!!

that is one deadly hop hehehehe
Old 2008-04-18, 14:22   Link #15
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Can someone explain to me the actions they took for their Ogre's Ring move, I didn't quite understand what motions they where doing to use it
Old 2008-04-18, 23:48   Link #16
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

well to make things short she is like Riding the hop from the inside and also she can some how make spin move to block attack from the out side heheheh
Old 2008-04-19, 01:56   Link #17
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Honestly I couldn't figure out the final move much at all either. Seemed to be using Kiri as a push off for some massive throw.
Old 2008-04-19, 02:07   Link #18
Xacual

I'm happy I wasn't the only one then. I sort of got that she was using his shoulder as a push off too, but I didn't really understand the point of it. It will probably be revealed in next chapter or something.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2008-04-19, 21:58   Link #19
myopius

I'm also definitely into this story. I pay attention to anything new that starts up in WSJ so I put it on my MU wish list a while back and finally read up to the current chapter a week ago.

What we have so far has been fairly unique, interesting, and entertaining, plus it has a lot of plot/character potential. I have no problem being optimistic.
Old 2008-04-21, 16:08   Link #20
LCeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Can someone explain to me the actions they took for their Ogre's Ring move, I didn't quite understand what motions they where doing to use it
More will be explained in chapter 5. In fact, chapter 5 laid the foundation for a lot of things to come, since it provided a lot of background info about kiri and a little about their society as well. Next chapter will probably be the start of an arc.
Closed Thread