AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-04-16, 22:56   Link #41
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Jesus Christ dude, wearing a heavy ass bulky bulletproof vest is not worth the 'potential' protection it provides! You might as well get the premium insurance plan and never come out of your house. Do you realize how much people will mock you if you showed up in public with that on?
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 23:44   Link #42
thelightandthedark
Ninja Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosBlizzard
You know those jounin vests kinda look like military body armor:
http://www.engardebodyarmor.com/military.htm
Not the first model on that page, but the following ones after that...
Would be nice to not only have something look Jounin but actually protect you, I think I will end up getting something like this sometime during the summer.

-Chaos
Hey I am sure you guys have all seen lots of cosplay pics, but the jackets that some of the japanese kids have look like proper thing.

here's a pic
http://narutofan.fotopic.net/p2836573.html
thelightandthedark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-16, 23:58   Link #43
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander
Jesus Christ dude, wearing a heavy ass bulky bulletproof vest is not worth the 'potential' protection it provides! You might as well get the premium insurance plan and never come out of your house. Do you realize how much people will mock you if you showed up in public with that on?
If you're refering to me, perhaps you should read my post less hastefully. If you were refering to chaos however, I agree, reluctantly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelightandthedark
Hey I am sure you guys have all seen lots of cosplay pics, but the jackets that some of the japanese kids have look like proper thing.

here's a pic
http://narutofan.fotopic.net/p2836573.html
This would be because they sell them, however I dont know if those are the officially lisenced ones or not.
A Lamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 00:03   Link #44
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Lamer
If you're refering to me, perhaps you should read my post less hastefully. If you were refering to chaos however, I agree, reluctantly.
Na ofcourse not. I was reffering to this "Well according to Laxander bullet proof vests do nothing to help you. I suppose thats why the military spends billions on armor. This makes perfect sense now."

And yes I suppose I really don't know much about bulletproof vests. I thought the name was self explanatory ... but no ... the common one does not realize what a bulletproof vest does ...

Last edited by Lexander; 2004-04-17 at 00:18.
Old 2004-04-17, 00:36   Link #45
Chosen
Me > Mods ;)

Most people aim for the chest since it is a bigger target then the head... So yes a bulletproof vest would been good.
Chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 07:36   Link #46
Maxter
Boku wa Great desu! Ehehe

Luckily I live in a rather peaceful country with not-so-twisted-weapon laws, so I'll be alright without a bullet-proof vest. But they did look kinda like Jounin vests, I must agree on that one.
Too bad they don't have specially designed pockets for scrolls, that way it would be easier for me to as smooth and fast as possible get hands on my "summoning-big-ass-shotgun-no-jutsu".
Yeah, that would rock....
Maxter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 07:54   Link #47
Palani
///_^

Walking around in such a thing here in the Netherlands were guns are prohibited by law would results in major fun making of the person wearing it. But they kinda look like the real thing.

BTW Where can I get my Itachi Robe,http://narutofan.fotopic.net/p2836600.html, It rules big time
Palani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 09:15   Link #48
PinkSpider
先輩

Send a message via ICQ to PinkSpider Send a message via MSN to PinkSpider
*drools at the cosplay photos* I wish I can own a jounin jacket or an Itachi robe. Heck, even a sharingan contact will be nice too. (actually prefers looking at handsome guys doing cosplay of kakashi, sasuke, shikamaru, hokage, Asuma etc)

(so jealous of those cosplayers!)
PinkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 18:23   Link #49
ChaosBlizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
Um...Kevlar just disspates the force, it isn't hard. If you want your mate to break his hand on your armor, get a Door Gunner Vest.

Chaos...you're completely missing the point, so here it is, spelled out:

Army and Cops have the armor, plus training.

You, would theoretically have the armor and no training.

If they guy who wants to kill you beat them, he will beat you with or without the armor, with 0 trouble.

Also, to wear ceratin grades of body armor is illegal, thanks to those 2 guys who robbed banks in California, and were impervious to the Cops' gunfire, until they got some bigger weaponry.

Those armor restrictions dont exist in FL. Also, I plan on getting Ninjitsue training within 2 years. I also workout a lot. I have been pumping iron for over 3 years. It would take more than a puch to harm me, or even a dozen of them.
ChaosBlizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 18:24   Link #50
ChaosBlizzard

Quote:
Interesting, considering they're not only called flak jackets in the manga, but they're also sort of thick. They arent that thick because flak jackets arent designed to stop bullets (or kunai), because in war bullets are more concentrated, and have more piercing power. The "humpty dumpty" as you put it is the pockets, plus the material inside the vest is bullet proof armor, which is thicker, because in war the standard NATO round would pierce the armor of a flak jacket.

Oh yeah, and its a cartoon. People can break down buildings with a single blow with their fists. If the author wants a weakly thrown kunai to pierce armor, guess how much use that jackets gonna have?
Flack Jackets are mean to stop shrapnel.
Old 2004-04-17, 18:26   Link #51
ChaosBlizzard

Quote:

Your home schooled aren't you? If I went to school in one of those the last thing someone would do is mock me. And as heavy as it is? I walk around with a 75lb weight training vest, I think I can handle a 30lb armored vest...
Old 2004-04-17, 18:29   Link #52
ChaosBlizzard

Quote:

This would be because they sell them, however I dont know if those are the officially lisenced ones or not.

It wouldn't bother me, I wear a 75lb training vest all day long. That and I leg press 320lbs. It would be easier walking around with one of them vests on.
Old 2004-04-17, 18:35   Link #53
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Quote:
If I went to school in one of those the last thing someone would do is mock me
They don't have to mock you, I'll be happy to do it for them
Old 2004-04-17, 18:38   Link #54
ChaosBlizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
They don't have to mock you, I'll be happy to do it for them

And then I would beat you into a pulp, leaving you in a mess of your own bodily fluids....
Old 2004-04-17, 19:04   Link #55
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

In this guy for real? ... leave the stage douchebag ... you've embarassed yourself enough already...

Edit: Woah ... he did the first quadruple post I've seen ...
Old 2004-04-17, 20:17   Link #56
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Flack Jackets are mean to stop shrapnel.
Congrats, you completely missed the entire point of my post, and you managed to quadruple post, which is against the rules. Hint: The edit button is there for a reason.

Quote:
Your home schooled aren't you? If I went to school in one of those the last thing someone would do is mock me. And as heavy as it is? I walk around with a 75lb weight training vest, I think I can handle a 30lb armored vest...
I live in florida too, and I'm 23, so it hasnt been all that long since I was in highschool. Perhaps a bulletproof vest would be a good investment in IRAQ, but this is florida we're talking about. The school systems arent that bad. The only thing that appears to be bad is your paranoia.

You wear a 75 pound training vest and leg press 320 pounds? I get it now, you must be a jock. I mean, you arent too smart, and you are fearing for your life, probably because of all the people you piss off. If I were you, I'd be looking over my shoulder for the Emo kids as well.
A Lamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 20:41   Link #57
from_the_sand
gomu gomu

Send a message via AIM to from_the_sand
No i think chaos is right! his survival depends on this jacket! go and buy it chaos! you better soon though- because everyone is out to kill you! because everyone knows about chaos! and everyone has something against you!
oh and heres a solution. instead of buying all that stuff, just lock yourself in your basement and never leave! make sure your in a room with no windows though--- others wise the dozens of snipers that are out for you could get you...

oh and threats such as "i will beat you to a pulp" are not particlarialy effective in a non physical place such as the internet.
from_the_sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-17, 22:29   Link #58
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by from_the_sand
No i think chaos is right! his survival depends on this jacket! go and buy it chaos! you better soon though- because everyone is out to kill you! because everyone knows about chaos! and everyone has something against you!
oh and heres a solution. instead of buying all that stuff, just lock yourself in your basement and never leave! make sure your in a room with no windows though--- others wise the dozens of snipers that are out for you could get you...

oh and threats such as "i will beat you to a pulp" are not particlarialy effective in a non physical place such as the internet.
DUDE ARE YOU F$%$ING INSANE?!?! BASEMENT!!! That man needs a fallout shelter! This is Florida we're talking about ... Christ ...
Old 2004-04-17, 23:19   Link #59
ayekappy

he's just preparing for 2012.

oh, btw. how can you wear a 75 lb training vest and ONLY leg press 320 lbs? I'm a scrawny weakling and I can do a 500 lb leg press.
ayekappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-18, 00:07   Link #60
from_the_sand
gomu gomu

Send a message via AIM to from_the_sand
Quote:
DUDE ARE YOU F$%$ING INSANE?!?! BASEMENT!!! That man needs a fallout shelter! This is Florida we're talking about ... Christ ...
O GOD!! HOW COULD I BE SO STUPID!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry chaose, this time I almost killed you! will you ever fogive me?
from_the_sand is offline   Reply With Quote