AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-06, 07:00   Link #21
judgment26
Former B-T Translator

I'm definitely going to enjoy this, especially for being able to watch what I've already read and translated come to life.
Old 2008-10-06, 10:15   Link #22
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Hope the new OP and ED are as classic as Tabi no Tochuu and Ringo Biyori are.
Old 2008-10-06, 10:56   Link #23
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
It comes, it comes, it comes! It's finally coming! The wolf is back.

1500+? I really need take a look of S&W image thread, I guess only those NanohaXFate folders can beat yours in number.
Yeah...that thread has only a hundred or so images in there. Lurk 4chan or any of the boorus to get more.
Old 2008-10-06, 11:18   Link #24
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Ooh, a new thread! Well, I'm not as sure they can fit volumes 3 and 4 in season 2. Volumes 1 and 2 didn't have quite as much going on, so it's easier to cram it all in 13 episodes. By the way, is it normal to have the second season longer than the first? As for VAs, I thought they did a good enough job, so I'm not worried. And what about Chloe? I wonder where she'll fit in, if at all. She may just decide that chasing Horo isn't the best idea after the sewer incident.
Old 2008-10-06, 13:59   Link #25
BigGimp77

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Thank god. I was hopin for a second season. Easily one of my favorite anime released this year.
Old 2008-10-06, 16:22   Link #26
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eczema View Post
Hope the new OP and ED are as classic as Tabi no Tochuu and Ringo Biyori are.
Yeah I'm hoping the OP and ED turn out well. The OP specifically did a good job setting tone. Though no matter what this will be a great journey.
Old 2008-10-06, 18:03   Link #27
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Yeah the OP was one of the things I looked forward to hearing each week for a while there when the show was being broadcast.
Old 2008-10-06, 23:01   Link #28
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Has there been any info as to the season length? It would be nice if season 2 were 24-26 eps to cover volumes 3 and 4....
Old 2008-10-06, 23:22   Link #29
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Would love 24-26 eps season.

But I think at the moment its just been confirmed that its going to happen at all.

Oooh edit on the ANN post about the second season;
Quote:
Update: Kadokawa Pictures USA did acquire an in-house license for the first Spice and Wolf anime season in North America, but no distributor has been announced yet. Thanks, Kit-Tsukasa.
Old 2008-10-07, 05:04   Link #30
seaghyn16
Translator Level 4/10

i don't know about you, but 24-26 episodes means 24-26+ weeks before it's all out....I'd rather read the books for more in depth information, while watching the anime turn the greater moments to life. 13 episodes to cover Volume 1 and 2. I think they did a good job. And likewise, 13 episodes should cover Volumes 3 and 4. Or maybe that's just me impatiently not wanting to wait 24 weeks for the series, but rather waiting 13 weeks, getting the best moments and the story brought to life, (so to speak), and then on to the next novels , but at the same time, hind-sight wants more episodes to watch again and again, but foresight doesn't want to wait that long..../sigh. They should do what they do with TV drama's, and have 13 hour long episodes
Old 2008-10-07, 05:10   Link #31
Westlo
Lets be reality

More of the same great stuff that made season 1 such a joy to watch and one of the top shows of the year, but with more fluid animation XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Has there been any info as to the season length? It would be nice if season 2 were 24-26 eps to cover volumes 3 and 4....
If we get 24-26 episodes I would hope they cover volumes 3-6....
Old 2008-10-07, 05:19   Link #32
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blank-Mage View Post
And what about Chloe? I wonder where she'll fit in, if at all. She may just decide that chasing Horo isn't the best idea after the sewer incident.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Chloe was an anime-only character, so she probably won't be making another appearance. If she does, it'll again be original to the anime and not in the novels.
Old 2008-10-07, 05:41   Link #33
Westlo
Lets be reality

Yes, Chloe was an anime original character and replaced the role of a guy in the same town as Lawrence. Seems a lot of people like this revision though.
Old 2008-10-07, 06:02   Link #34
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Well, it helped distinguish the arcs more by having the two secondary women.
Old 2008-10-07, 07:40   Link #35
ZeroSama
All Hail Lelouch!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
If it was 24-26 EPs in length and only covered 2 volumes then wouldn't it have alot of fillers? I imagine Volumes 3+4 would be 8-9 Eps each in length(to do them justice and ensure their not rushed like the end of the second arc) if they followed the novels closely. If were really lucky we might get volume 5 as well.
Old 2008-10-07, 13:27   Link #36
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I felt like the first season compressed and snipped quite a bit of the two novels it adapted so, no I wouldn't expect a lot of filler in a 2-cour run .... just more of the novel events.

I won't disagree that perhaps doing 3 novels in such a run wouldn't be a bad thing. It just all depends on the adaptation.
Old 2008-10-07, 17:27   Link #37
Xacual

This is by far the best news I've had all day. Also am I right that they didn't announce when the next season will be?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2008-10-07, 19:53   Link #38
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
This is by far the best news I've had all day. Also am I right that they didn't announce when the next season will be?
Correct.

They've announced a new season, but no air date yet.

Old 2008-10-07, 23:54   Link #39
judgment26
Former B-T Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
More of the same great stuff that made season 1 such a joy to watch and one of the top shows of the year, but with more fluid animation XD

If we get 24-26 episodes I would hope they cover volumes 3-6....
Anything past Vol. 4 would probably require at least a third (or even fourth) season, considering that volumes 5, 6, 8, and 9 are all part of a single arc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Yes, Chloe was an anime original character and replaced the role of a guy in the same town as Lawrence. Seems a lot of people like this revision though.
Chloe replaced the man named Yarei, and no he's not from Lawrence's town, but a villager of Pasroe just like Chloe.
Old 2008-10-08, 02:41   Link #40
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I seem to remember somewhere that even the author liked the addition of Chloe and actually considered rewriting the first novel as a re-release to include her.
I suppose the publisher had some kind of aneurysm at that idea.