AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-10-26, 20:48   Link #1061
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

It's a lot of fun playing both sides, fighting off the zombies and then if one manages to hit me, fighting alongside them. Hunter is only lv 60 but I can solo level 70 zombies pretty easily by kiting. I did have my leveling interrupted when Honor Hold was all but wiped out earlier, but instead of complaining I had a ton of fun helping take it back (successfully too). I think the event is one of the greatest things Blizz has done, I am so glad they went through with it despite knowing tons of people would complain, it really feels like a real invasion instead of a bunch of harmless mobs standing around. Yeah, having the auctioneers and bankers dead can be annoying, but this is a once in a lifetime event and I am glad to be experiencing it.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 21:02   Link #1062
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

It's a once in a lifetime event of just avoiding capital cities like the plague (No pun intended I swear!)

If you're under level 60 it's nothing but an annoying experience of constant NPC death, being shafted into trying to actually play, and the server lag is immense (which goes with the playing thing). How am I gonna hit 55 before WotLK if the lag is always like 700ms+?
Old 2008-10-26, 21:08   Link #1063
Maes
その目だれの目?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Zzzzz...to hell with this damn plague. People on my server are ready to murder Blizzard employees over this.

On the bright side, the revamped Arcane tree for Mages is sweet. Really liking this.
The only thing I'm ready to murder Blizzard over is the server lag. We do an alt Sunwell run Sundays and Mondays. Got to Brutallus, pulled, and at 70% everyone lagged out. I'm sitting in IF on my shaman(who is on the same account as my mage) as I type this and my mage, along with the rest of the raid, is still sitting in Sunwell lagging out on Brutallus... been that way for going on an hour now.

Last edited by Maes; 2008-10-26 at 21:27.
Maes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 21:46   Link #1064
Xacual

I'm just liking the event for the fact that I know it will only last another week at most and then it will probably never happen again

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-26, 22:00   Link #1065
krisslanza

I imagine it'll last until the Lich King release. So like another 2-3 weeks?
Old 2008-10-26, 23:11   Link #1066
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Ive been semi-away for like a week now, so have only seen snatches of the event. But have been going around with guildies ganking the ganker zombies, its amusing running around curing people or killing them, as they try to plague NPC's. go go cure disease. But ahhh well, being turned into a zombie is fun too, guildie and I totally wiped out IQD, and another guilde came through like 30 minutes later to do quests and there were still zombies left over from our original slaughter. Anyway, got me a Tabard of the AD, so Im happy, thats all I wanted. I also got some horn of the AD, summons a little paladin to help fight its hilarious, when he is finished helping you he bubble hearths. Anyway interesting event, lag for me goes from normal too like 500...

I expect it will last until the launch of WOTLK, so thats only 2 weeks.

I could get worse, I want some Corpse Wagons and stuff attacking cities! Speaking of Corpse Wagons I saw Putress in Shattrath /hiss.

Anyway yeah, guild went back to SWP on wednesday slaughtered the place, had a go at M'uru with a proper strat rather then 'zerg the fucker' got him on the third go (was so very very drunk that night, stood behind Sacrolash or whatever her name is in the Twins not even hitting her for like half the fight without realising it.)

Going to kill KJ tonight hopefully, just zerged him a couple times at the end of the raid last week, but should be a little more prepared tonight.
Old 2008-10-26, 23:24   Link #1067
Xacual

Blizz has said the scourge invasion will only last 10 more days. I really doubt the undead will last past today with these new quests supposedly reinforcing the capital cities with "Anti Plague."

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2008-10-26, 23:52   Link #1068
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

10 days huh, well thats not too bad I guess. Yeah the anti-plague might work... from Ad'al, don't trust Putress's plague vaccine too much just quietly. Wonder what happens after Zombies though...
Old 2008-10-27, 00:19   Link #1069
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I imagine they'll pull something even worse off. Something to really get the Alliance and Horde pissed enough to invade Northrend.

As it stands now, my biggest problem are the people who actively want to get infected, either to blow up in the bank or AH, or to camp (infect or kill) lowbie areas. I have a bigger problem with ex-zombies who complain about me killing them or destroying all their zombies. I prefer my evil to be demonic.

Considering that we are suppose to be fighting the invasion...we should fight when we see zombies. Period.

I went into Northshire or the area with Murlocks north of the East Logging Camp and found perpetual zombie factories. Someone had been in there and infecting things, then left. The murlocks, kobolds and defias respawn quickly enough and in large enough numbers to sustain a zombie population and allow the gankers and griefers a place to go to get reinfected outside of Stormwind. The zombies are only level 1, 5, and 10, but it is enough to get infected.

The newbies in Northshire seemed to want a stop to it so I've been running a random patrol to clean out any infestations. I usually don't target the PC zombies directly unless they go for me first....though I can't say I'm very careful with my Seed of Corruption.

The rats in Stormwind suck. AOE causes a quickening of the infection for each hit. I have to use Seed of Corruption so it is a single hit, but that has a cast time and the guards tend to take the kills before I can get one off. It seems to be on a roughly 75 minute timer out of the Stockade and completely screws up the city for ten to fifteen minutes depending on the defenders or how badly people want to be infected and where they decide to die.

I've been doing laps around the Trade District killing roaches with my demons in an effort to reduce the avalible places for griefers to get infected. I watched one while I was attempting to kill roaches kill some and then run into the AH to become a zombie and explode (with a say/yell of something like "These will all be my victims!")

I imagine this will end with something like an undead dragon raid boss attacking the cities for a few days (rotating cities).

Last edited by Ithekro; 2008-10-27 at 01:05.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 01:01   Link #1070
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Leveling my warrior right now in TBC. It's relatively easy to bypass the zombie crowd the little time i needed to spend in the major trade hubs. I imagine it would be tough for those in Azeroth with the towns and cities nearby spilling out ghouls but really, not so much of a problem when you are out in the wilderness questing as most player ghoul prefer to hit the concentrated areas like AH and Bank.

You can always access your bank from safer place like Tanaris, Winterspring, Ratchet or BB where few 70s rarely go to. AH though, i ll probably go for more secluded capitals like TB or Darnassus.

Like others have said before, global events are rare and few in betweens. Just bear with it for awhile if you cant participate.
Old 2008-10-27, 01:48   Link #1071
Xacual

Well for the Global Event thing, Horde Northrend npcs when you first arrive there. make mention of Orgrimmar being razed. So expect that coming soon! That's probably already been said somewhere in this thread though.

Old 2008-10-27, 03:05   Link #1072
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

I can get 48000 armor at level 60 with a small glitch
Skullchukka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 09:51   Link #1073
krisslanza

Even Darnassus isn't safe from the zombies. The only difference is the AH is so far away I haven't seen it get nuked. Downside? People infect the level 80 elite guards and make level 80 elite zombies.

It seems they made it so you can't cure NPCs anymore or sometimes or I'm not even sure. Sometimes I can cast Cleanse but other times it'll say "Nothing to dispel". The worst part is when people kill the AH/Bank/Questgivers they somehow think this is a great achievement and will be like: "HAH I KILLED THAT QUESTGIVER."

Are people really so childish as to find that amusing to CONSTANTLY target the most important things and think this is something to brag about? It was humorous for a while I'll admit but now it's basically gotten to I can't actually go to any of the main cities because it'll just be zombies everywhere that I can't touch.
Old 2008-10-27, 11:46   Link #1074
Komori
D:

Stop complaining about it and learn to enjoy it like the rest of us.

Once you get turned into a zombie you are no longer a part of the Alliance or the Horde, you're a member of the Scourge. The Scourge are not meant to be nice and let your puny quest givers or auctioneers live. They're supposed to kill/infect everything that walks.

Quote:
People infect the level 80 elite guards and make level 80 elite zombies.
Picture please. Guards get deleveled and their elite status removed once they become zombies.

You can also grief people using the Haunted Memento that drops from the zombies. If you put it in your bank, the banker disappears.

Here, a blue sums it up nicely.
Quote:
While we recognize that the event could prove to be disruptive at times, we hope you made the most out of it while it lasted. Part of playing in a "living and breathing world" means that things are going to change from time to time. We meant no harm but only wanted to create a lasting impression on players as they head to Northrend to defeat the Lich King. The Lich King's goals (as you will soon learn) are to turn the Horde and Alliance not only on one another, but on their own kind as well. I think the plague truly demonstrated this firsthand.
Komori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-27, 11:53   Link #1075
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It would be fine, if they waited until they were a zombie to do these things.

But no, they intentionally get infected, jump into the areas most used, then turn into a zombie and explode to cause the most mayham possible. And then laugh about it.

That is going too far, and too far beyond the credible level of what people would probably do.

Cleanse is at 60-70% chance of failure right now. The remaining Argent Healers do it fine the first time.

Sometimes I wish we could go Arthus on our own kind and kill the infected griefers before they can grief. Or at least show our displeasure with them by burning them at the stake.
Old 2008-10-27, 12:22   Link #1076
krisslanza

Arthas being a bad guy all aside I'd want to kill him just for making us have to suffer through this event. It's not fun if you're not a level 70. (For the stated reasons)

And I'd have to be like. I dunno. On something to get any kind of enjoyment out of this quest right now >_>

EDIT:
And I can't give pics since they're all level ?? to me anyway :P
Old 2008-10-27, 12:56   Link #1077
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Level 80s are suppose to round down to level 70 zombies...because no one in WoW right now can take a level 80 alone. Might not even be able to hit them very often since most people are hit capped to level 73 Bosses.

Of course it would suck in the skull listed Bosses in the older instances all went to become Level 83s. Onyxia for example.
Old 2008-10-27, 13:13   Link #1078
Xacual

A boss mob's hit and resist rate should always be scaled to 3 levels above you. That's why a 70 can go back to onyxia and still get resists on spells even though she was originally a level 60 boss.

Old 2008-10-27, 13:15   Link #1079
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

You can rest easy now!

As the Royal Apothecary Society has found a cure, it was confiremd by Blizzard that the Zombie Infestation will end today.

Scourge Invasion and the necropoleis will still linger on for a while but, zombie players will be gone for good.

Well... I enjoyed it for some time.
First as a Zombie and in the end with my paladin killing them where I could find them.
Curing infected people earned me in 5 minutes more thanks then in the last 3 monthes.

I never really was insulted by doing it. So I guess I was lucky.
Old 2008-10-27, 13:25   Link #1080
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Didn't know that, but then I don't raid.

That also means that the Level 80 target dumbies are the toughest things around at the moment At least to hit.

Tags
blizzard, game, mmorpg, online, warcraft, windows