AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-10, 16:13   Link #61
Asuran420

Im getting tired of all the whinning about this being like DBZ and if it goes this way im going to stop reading it bullshit, well if thats how you feel run along no one cares, go read another manga.

I feel that this isnt naruto and sasuke powering up , persay, they are pushing themselves to a limit there body has never been , and in result they are "getting stronger" , i think them fighting each other with all they have is breaking there regular lvl of power and that in turn is making them both stronger, this isnt DBZ lvl 1 2 3 4 5 , super saiyan bullshit.

my 2 cents.
Asuran420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 16:16   Link #62
FearTheMullet

Oh wow this chapter was SO predictable! I mean before it was released I saw like a crap load of threads where people predicted this exact stuff happeneing! Like everyone allready knew that Sasuke would read Narutos movements and send him flying and like everyone knew already that sasuke would acknowledge his strength and like everyone knew already that the kyuubi would give naruto more power, and that like all your complaining is fucking annoying. If you don't like the manga (like many have been saying for the past few chapters) then don't read it. It'll make you a happier person.
FearTheMullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 16:34   Link #63
yinstro

you guys are eadily bored, hard for me to be bored by 18 pages of manga. also i think many of you call manga boring when yu read a raw... you are missing half the story... of course its booring. As far as how sharingan works from a hasty translation i read hes using his extra dot + the cursed seal to see farther ahead it seems. BTW no matter how fast you move if someone can predict your movements enough ahead of time they can counter. 60 mile an hour cars easily avoided if you now where its gonna be 10 seconds ahead of time. its like... predicting the right pitch in baseball. Anyhow its true you knew what was gonna happen, but really what else could happen? I think its interesting that naruto was getting beat up, it implies kyuubi isnt all that, at least the way naruto uses it now in spite of whatever boosts it guves him he can still get beat up. also from the trans i read kyuubi indeed gives him power, seems kyuubi like naruto to win.. or fears death maybe. anyhow i figure this battle will get interesting in 2-3 chapters, by then the regular too and fro in power levels should be over.

on a side note, naruto is getting nothing out of this battle but a beating, sasuke is learning new moves, how to better control sharingan, whatever hes gonna learn using seal the first time. naruto is learning... how to let the demon fox take over... and really that will be useless against the right fighters, who will screw up his ability to use the demon or incapacitate him before he can.
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 17:01   Link #64
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

kyubi: kuku
boy... you better be grateful... to me, and to that 4th hokage that sealed me in you....

Heheh thats funny
Old 2004-09-10, 17:03   Link #65
xavier8200

I dont know if I would say that Naruto isnt gaining anything from this battle. Honestly he is becoming more mixed with kyuubi and more comfortable in using Kyuubi's chakra. This is a huge advance for Naruto. Everyone was shocked when they saw how well Naruto was in control last chapter. Especially with the power that he was puttin out. Kyuubi seems to be warming up to Naruto know and atleast helping out in whatever way he can.

From this chapter we see that Naruto has been able to mix a little more with Kyuubi. And the more mixing the better!
xavier8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 17:12   Link #66
SaberDicer

Wow, I waited a whole week just to read chapter 228 again, that sucks.

The first few chapters of this fight were good, ending with cliffhangers or dramatic pauses, but not its just becoming a powerup fight, soo boring. Kishimoto is dragging this fight out waaayyy to long. It will be 2007 and Kakashi will show up. Last week I was happy that Naruto dropped out of ultra Kyuubi rage and that Sasuke acknolegdged him, maybe something cool would happen. Nope, just chapter 228 again. Stop with this powerup business, either end the fight or have someone interrupt or something, but please for god sakes no more power up battles.
SaberDicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 17:13   Link #67
CyberPunk

i don't see much control in naruto's use of the kyuubi, so i'm gonna have to disagree with you. it looked to me that kyuubi was saving his ass again by empowering naruto.
also, kyuubi is a bastard that just doesn't want to die. :P. i'm pretty sure he hates everything and everyone; including naruto.
CyberPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 17:21   Link #68
xavier8200

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunk
i don't see much control in naruto's use of the kyuubi, so i'm gonna have to disagree with you. it looked to me that kyuubi was saving his ass again by empowering naruto.
also, kyuubi is a bastard that just doesn't want to die. :P. i'm pretty sure he hates everything and everyone; including naruto.
Before the end of chapter 230 naruto was and has been in total control. he even recalled memories that he had with Sasuke. Naruto has been in total control and he has shown it a couple of times. Do you need me to show you a pic or something?
xavier8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 17:44   Link #69
CyberPunk

in your previous post you made it sound like naruto was in control of kyuubi, as if using the energy at will. naruto was about to die, kyuubi erupted. i don't see naruto behind the wheel there. if you mean that he's able to form cohesive sentences and not be a complete animal when empowered, then ok, whatever that means.
Old 2004-09-10, 17:56   Link #70
strategos

i wonder if he will tranform like gaara does?

Well the monster inside gaara has some killer juts. I hope we can see some nine tails jutsus. ANd for all wqho say that u need seals to do jutsu rember that rasengan doesnt need it, and the monster inside gaara didnt used seals to use it power. I wonder what kind of jutsu woould nine tails use. I wonder he will become nine tails completely. nine tails in its true form. and with the killer jutsus.
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 18:01   Link #71
DetriusXii

Does anyone think it would have been cooler for Naruto to have summoned some human-sized frogs to restrain Sasuke instead of going to what appears to be Kyuubi, level 2?
DetriusXii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 18:10   Link #72
CyberPunk

i just wish it was still naruto vs sasuke. it looks like kyuubi's seal is fried and sasuke is up against a demon....again. :P. that kid is always getting the bad matchups.
Old 2004-09-10, 18:10   Link #73
Kixo
Gaara

OK....

First i love DBZ,and i started to watch Naruto mainly because it was heading in similar direction,fights,not goku or vegita or some characters,its good fighting. And Naruto is a story of its own... it would be disapointing if it comes to noskill and no power and no anything,just jutsus.... Its a diferent story with some characters that can suprise even the strongest ones,and beat them... like kabuto VS Tsunade.... All expected for Tsunade to smash Kabuto into the ground,but it didnt happened that way....
Anyway...

This powerup thing is great to me,i like to see when characters advance (easy or otherwise) in power and skill.....

Sharingan didn't help much Sasuke in this chapter,it was him that could read naruto and predict where he will be in few moments,sharingan just enables him to see him.

I think next few chapters will be Sasuke geting beeten up,with CL2 or not.
Remember that Naruto didnt see any of the transformations,so he dont know what CL2 is... he will be suprised,but i dont think Sasuke stands a chance....
Kixo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 18:15   Link #74
Shino~
The Legendary Perv Genin

I have a very strange feeling that.... if naruto gets any more power ups, that he will literally become kyuubi.... because the last time with haku, kakashi sensed that the seal was breaking, so maybe it will break....
Shino~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 18:26   Link #75
CyberPunk

hold on a second, does sasuke even know his eyes have progressed? like, did he know he awakened the sharingan against haku? i say that because right now he seems to think that it's the cursed seal's affect that's giving him the ability to read naruto's movements.
Old 2004-09-10, 18:43   Link #76
Ke0

Send a message via AIM to Ke0
heh, I remember an old thread, where I was telling everyone how the Sharingan's vision works, and everyone told me to stop assuming. It was very obvious how it works. Thank Kishimoto for finally explaining it to those in denial.

Anyway, the Naruto you guys see at the end..........really isn't Naruto, it's Kyuubi
Ke0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 18:54   Link #77
-HyugaNeji-

Since i am also getting annoyed by now (that Naruto in the last pic with tail etc just looks rediculous) i think the seal will break soon, Kyuubi will be free, everyone has to join forces (including itachi) so everyone can fight Kyuubi. In the process Orochimaru will die, the face of Kakashi will be revealed and everyone will live happily forever, after they killed the kyuubi. honestly, i just don't care anymore HOW things will turn out, because naruto is loosing too much of it's charm it had in the beginning.
-HyugaNeji- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 18:56   Link #78
Master Ran
The Invincible Dawn

The Kyuubi in the cage thingy(like in c.230) is an anime original, ne?

I guess Kishimoto thinks that 'tis was cool so
he adds it to his manga.
Master Ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 19:09   Link #79
sOnJoOL

Send a message via AIM to sOnJoOL Send a message via MSN to sOnJoOL
i swear, when the anime catches upto here, there better not be any 20 minutes of screaming and transformation.
sOnJoOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 19:11   Link #80
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Heh, Kyuubi comments that Naruto should thank the 4th for sealing it inside him...aww, it is enjoying this.

Too bad next chapter will probably be Naruto's beating up Sasuke, and then in the end Sasuke will finally turn Lv2. God, that should've happened a while ago. >_>;;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke0
heh, I remember an old thread, where I was telling everyone how the Sharingan's vision works, and everyone told me to stop assuming. It was very obvious how it works. Thank Kishimoto for finally explaining it to those in denial.
I know what you mean. I've waited too long for this...no longer will we need to "speculate" when explaining exactly how Sharingan helps with motion prediction.

Too bad it's too little too late...Sharingan isn't going to save his ass from Kyuubi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberPunk
hold on a second, does sasuke even know his eyes have progressed? like, did he know he awakened the sharingan against haku? i say that because right now he seems to think that it's the cursed seal's affect that's giving him the ability to read naruto's movements.
According to JoJoHot's translation, Sasuke isn't aware of the third dot in his Sharingan and still thinks his enhanced sight is due to his body's familiarity with the Cursed Seal by now. He feels rather fortunate that he can rely on his eyes and conserve chakra because he is well aware of Lv2 Curse's side-effect...but not for long!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Ran
The Kyuubi in the cage thingy(like in c.230) is an anime original, ne?
Wasn't it in the manga as well...?
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote