AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-10-10, 23:30   Link #161
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye, Taiga of Toradora was a huge hit for me because (for those that paid attention ) the creators managed to convey those shades of complexity pretty well... (where as the anime Louise in ZnT crushed and damaged the archetype as thin as a piece of paper).
Old 2011-10-11, 00:00   Link #162
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
If you mean by they like you normally, but get mean during that time of the month then yeah =P
QFT.

And now listen to Chris Rock:

Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-11, 00:36   Link #163
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

For Western film viewers, would Princess Leia of Star Wars be classed as tsundere towards Solo?
Old 2011-10-11, 00:55   Link #164
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
For Western film viewers, would Princess Leia of Star Wars be classed as tsundere towards Solo?
Yeah, I'd say that's a fair comparison. Most of the examples I can think of are from movies of the 50s/60s though - like characters played by Katherine Hepburn, Shirley Maclaine, Maureen O'Hara.
Old 2011-10-11, 01:50   Link #165
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolks View Post
But if you want the BEST example of a tsundere that I've seen, in both realism and likability it would have to be Makise Kurisu from Steins;Gate. For those that feel that tsunderes don't exist, after seeing Kurisu you might be more inclined to find that there are people like that. She is probably my favorite tsundere. Her tsun side is comical yet stems from a realistic cause, and her dere side just makes her tsun side seem all the more endearing.
I've noticed that Kurisu seems to have rejuvenated the tsundere archetype for many after it got hijacked by bad Shana knock offs (I like Shana herself) for a few years. I had a similar moment a few years back when I played Tsugumi's route in Ever 17. Perhaps unsurprising - while Tsugumi is darker and more ornery than Kurisu, once she starts to open up a little there are moments where her and Takashi remind me a lot of Kurisu and Okabe - or rather, the other way around since I played Ever 17 first.

The titular character of Otome Youkai Zakuro is another of my favourite examples of a tsundere done right.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-13, 01:59   Link #166
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I knew a tsundere in real life. I often teased her for it, but I did it hoping I could get affection points from her, but it backfired on me
Old 2012-06-04, 12:37   Link #167
jesskinsman

[QUOTE=Vhaltz;3131226]Sorry if I'm digging out this thread out of nowhere, but I found it messing around with google trying to find a "how-to-handle-a-tsundere guide" or something of the sort.

I'm currently dating a tsundere. Yes, they exist xD the one I know and love isn't the kind that plays "I hate you", but rather has a hard time opening up and talking about certain things, to the point where she'll get depressed or angry.

So yeah, I normally wouldn't have registered, but Sackett's reply caught my eye. I've had that "cute when you're mad" situation before, but I don't push it or plan for it to happen like that xD mostly because intend to stick around with this girl for as long as I can (forever, if possible). The few times it's happened I remember quite clearly out of how fun they were, though.
Unfortunately, when she's being difficult to talk to (she'll jump if I use the wrong words, or just won't care about much of the stuff I say. I guess you could say she's willing to change for me when she's "dere" and couldn't give less of a damn when she's "tsun") I also get somewhat down, since I lack that self-confidence that Sackett mentioned ^^'

You might not be able to sit back and relax much if you date/love a tsundere (specially when you're convinced that she's your special one), but it's well worth it. I bet I could remember every word out of any of the times she's been truly sweet to me, it makes you feel so special that you feel like your heart could explode any second

Last edited by jesskinsman; 2012-06-04 at 12:43. Reason: second thoughts
jesskinsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 16:26   Link #168
Nintendo Maniac 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesskinsman View Post
the one I know and love isn't the kind that plays "I hate you", but rather has a hard time opening up and talking about certain things, to the point where she'll get depressed or angry.

Unfortunately, when she's being difficult to talk to (she'll jump if I use the wrong words, or just won't care about much of the stuff I say. I guess you could say she's willing to change for me when she's "dere" and couldn't give less of a damn when she's "tsun")
I'd say that's about right, or at least that's how it typically works with me. :P
Old 2012-06-04, 23:43   Link #169
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Does the Tsundere personality exist in the real world?

Yes. I got one female classmate back on college... she's really funny and her intentions are obvious..
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 19:17   Link #170
KireiSenpai

Wink yep!

Definitely. My bf and I r like that I absolutely hated his guts when we met and he wasn't a big AB of me I'm rly blunt and easily irritable and he kinda takes it and tries to ignore my attitude lol but I can b kinda shy and innocent and he thinks its cute but I still keep up being a badass lol the tsundere relationship XP guess that makes me a tsundere o_o sweet XD
KireiSenpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 07:25   Link #171
reaperfrost

reply to tsundere personality exist in the real world

no offense if they did exist I would not like them I mean who would want to date some girl who hits you just because of a accident or if they like you. it don't think they would exist because if any did they would be in jail for abuse or dumped because of their constant violence that what i think
reaperfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 07:30   Link #172
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaperfrost View Post
no offense if they did exist I would not like them I mean who would want to date some girl who hits you just because of a accident or if they like you.
You can be tsundere without being violent.
Old 2012-10-07, 16:17   Link #173
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaperfrost View Post
no offense if they did exist I would not like them I mean who would want to date some girl who hits you just because of a accident or if they like you. it don't think they would exist because if any did they would be in jail for abuse or dumped because of their constant violence that what i think
Go read this thread for enlightenment and examples. It isn't that many pages. Tsundere are a lot more varied than that. And many of us have real life examples. Cartoon violence tsundere is, like, the simplest most shallow version of one.
Old 2012-10-08, 06:21   Link #174
HasuMasu
*Artist

Which isn't to say irl tsunderes aren't violent.

Take caution friend, you must be strong in the M to go down this road.
Old 2012-10-08, 08:11   Link #175
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

IRL tsundere = punch in the face

*strolls away*
Old 2012-10-08, 16:18   Link #176
NinjaRealist
Battoru!

I dated a real-life cartoon violence Tsundere once.

First time we met she was pickpocketing a knife from a mean looking guy in the pool room of a bar.

Second time she punches me in the stomach.

Third time we had a real boxing match with gloves on.

It was a fun relationship but it didn't last very long.
NinjaRealist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 22:26   Link #177
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
She would.

If you want more tsundere in Western film... I'd probably propose Maureen O'Hara's character from The Quiet Man as a good example.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 04:16   Link #178
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Romancing the Stone anyone?

The whole "I hate you, I love you, I hate you" romantic plot is a staple of Western Romance. If you first meet a person and hate them, you know you're fated to be together!

That said, the exact way a tsundere is expressed ("I didn't say I liked you ") is somewhat unique to anime. You basically have a person who is hard on the outside, but with a soft caramel interior. This isn't really seen in the west, where instead it's more of a relationship thing. IE the relationship starts hard, but then softens over the course of narrative. While you could say Princess Leia is somewhat Tsundere for Han Solo, she isn't really tsundere because she doesn't really have that dichotomy in her personality between the soft and the hard, the Dere and the Tsun.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 04:49   Link #179
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

"half of all married couples in America are tsundere"

*takes off running*
Old 2012-10-09, 05:08   Link #180
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

W-Well, I'm a tsundere in real life, too baka...