AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-06, 16:12   Link #1
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

Can a Zanpakutou be inhereted?

I dont know if you guys have noticed but im sure you have, some characters have a "second hand" Zanpakutou for the lack of a better word.

Soi Fon and Tousen are ones that I think have inhereted theirs from other shinigami.

Now, what im asking is, is it possible?
Old 2006-04-06, 18:11   Link #2
ooh-zoo-mah-kee
naa woo toe?

well a zanpaktou is supposed to be the individual's soul's sword. that means that every shinigami has a different zanpaktou because their souls are all different. Of course we know that there are those crappy zanpaktous that are given to nonshinigamis or the noobs but i honestly dont see how a soul can be passed on. If a shinigami dies doesnt that mean that their soul is also gone? Therefor their zanpaktou will be obsolete and can no longer be used, especially by another shinigami with a different soul. What i really want to know is how the shinigami obtain their zanpaktou. Where do they get it? Does it appear when they can communicate with their souls? do they pull it out of their ass? i mean just how and where do they obtain their zanpaktous.
Old 2006-04-06, 20:54   Link #3
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooh-zoo-mah-kee
well a zanpaktou is supposed to be the individual's soul's sword. that means that every shinigami has a different zanpaktou because their souls are all different. Of course we know that there are those crappy zanpaktous that are given to nonshinigamis or the noobs but i honestly dont see how a soul can be passed on. If a shinigami dies doesnt that mean that their soul is also gone? Therefor their zanpaktou will be obsolete and can no longer be used, especially by another shinigami with a different soul. What i really want to know is how the shinigami obtain their zanpaktou. Where do they get it? Does it appear when they can communicate with their souls? do they pull it out of their ass? i mean just how and where do they obtain their zanpaktous.

Thats what Im asking, but just without all the bulgarity.
If what youre saying is true, where's Yoruichi's Zanpakutou (wich doesnt prove me right either)

I clearly remember Tousen's Zanpakutou in the coffin of that woman in his flashback during his fight with Kenpachi.

This is one thing that I have been wondering about for a while, theres no need tio be rude.
Old 2006-04-06, 21:11   Link #4
smashthestate53
V

no.

no,
Old 2006-04-06, 21:16   Link #5
mkebkr

Send a message via AIM to mkebkr
I would like to know the same answer, but there are clear signs of inheretence.
Old 2006-04-06, 21:54   Link #6
cursed_sword
Matador

We can make some expeculations, but it will be explained in the manga eventually.
Perhaps any Zampakutohs can be used by any shinigamy in some circumstances. In the 2nd OVA u can se how Baishin dies and his Zampakutoh doesnt disappear, if some Soul takes it and trains to be a Shinigami, he could use it, i beleve.
Old 2006-04-06, 23:28   Link #7
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
You are neglecting the lingering feelings of those who died.

if they had a strong enough bond to a specific person, or a dying desire, Since the Zanpakuto is an extension of their soul...it would under certain circumstances adhere ti its bearers final wish and submit itself to another.

that's my theory atleast.
Old 2006-04-07, 04:29   Link #8
Rhys
Interweb crawler

Zanpakutous can be given away. Tousen's is one example. What we don't know is whether it keeps the same form, whether the spirit that lives in the Zanpakutou is the same as the old one.
Old 2006-04-07, 05:28   Link #9
propa03
I am an onion!

Send a message via AIM to propa03 Send a message via Yahoo to propa03
I believe there was a thread like this before. The idea was presented that the 'Asauchi' which are given to all shinigami can be seen as a core. Around this core accretes the spiritual essence and soul of the wielder. Over time the physical appearance of the weapon would change, likely when the shinigami obtains shikai. Thus would the weapon be personalized, and gain a spiritual avatar.

As you can see, there's no explanation exactly as to how this would happen, but it is one theory. I wish I could remember who came up with it to credit them.
Old 2006-04-07, 06:05   Link #10
jcc2k4
boku wa kamisama desu

Quote:
What i really want to know is how the shinigami obtain their zanpaktou. Where do they get it? Does it appear when they can communicate with their souls? do they pull it out of their ass? i mean just how and where do they obtain their zanpaktous.
well, they kinda do pull it out of their ass. For an example look at this!

Old 2006-04-07, 07:56   Link #11
voldy18

Quote:
Originally Posted by propa03
I believe there was a thread like this before. The idea was presented that the 'Asauchi' which are given to all shinigami can be seen as a core. Around this core accretes the spiritual essence and soul of the wielder. Over time the physical appearance of the weapon would change, likely when the shinigami obtains shikai. Thus would the weapon be personalized, and gain a spiritual avatar.
There's only one problem with that theory: Ichigo didn't have an Asauchi, yet he still was able to 'create' Zangetsu. So, if Ichigo isn't an exception, every Shinigami should in theory be able to 'create' their Zanpakutou's without the need of an Asauchi. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if there are more ways than one to acquire one's Zanpakutou. Useing an Ausauchi could be one of them.
Old 2006-04-07, 08:29   Link #12
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

Now you guy see what I have been kinda going through arguying with my self.
I think thats the point when you watch too much bleach.
Old 2006-04-07, 08:37   Link #13
propa03
I am an onion!

Send a message via AIM to propa03 Send a message via Yahoo to propa03
Quote:
Originally Posted by voldy18
There's only one problem with that theory: Ichigo didn't have an Asauchi, yet he still was able to 'create' Zangetsu. So, if Ichigo isn't an exception, every Shinigami should in theory be able to 'create' their Zanpakutou's without the need of an Asauchi. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if there are more ways than one to acquire one's Zanpakutou. Useing an Ausauchi could be one of them.
[trying not to backpedal too much]

maybe I should step back for a minute. every shinigami has a zanpakuto. fact, right? so if ichigo becomes a shinigami, he must have a zanpakuto. where exactly it comes from? perhaps your creation theory is more correct.

but i'd like to add to it by saying that to start with, perhaps the sword is little more than a sliver of your soul, or the potential thereof. As you grow as a shinigami, perhaps my aforementioned 'accretion' theory comes back into relevance. More of your potential is revealed, allowing for shikai and eventually bankai, if those are within your power.

that still allows for Ichigo's specific transformation, and the giving of asauchi to academy students. i think
Old 2006-04-07, 09:56   Link #14
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
You are neglecting the lingering feelings of those who died.

if they had a strong enough bond to a specific person, or a dying desire, Since the Zanpakuto is an extension of their soul...it would under certain circumstances adhere ti its bearers final wish and submit itself to another.

that's my theory atleast.
That's very possible. Tosen loved the former owner of Suzumushi, and Soi Fong definitely loves Yoruichi.
Old 2006-04-07, 11:19   Link #15
Rurik
Golden

My take on this is that Zanpakutous are just part of the Shimigami unconscious mind, A part of the Shimmigais that have poured in it all his feeling, wishes, fears, etc I think they are unique to each person Soul. I don’t know, but the kind of interaction Zangetsu had With Ichigo when Ichigo first called his name, and also When He regained his Shimigami powers, gave me the impression that every Zanpakutou should be unique to each person, even more as how (if im not mistaken) In the moment Ichigo was running from Urahara and he had nothing on his Hands, he created Zangetsu out of nothing, as if he materialized it, something that was all along with him.

Can the Zanpakutous be then Passed to other persons, or Inherited? I could se it as probable, Rukia gave her powers to Ichigo, im sure that even if the Zanpakutous is part of someone souls, it could be something that can be passed to another person, as Rukia passed her Shimigami’s power to Ichigo. But I think if you a re a shimigami, you are supposed to use your own power to Materialize your own Zanpakutous.
Old 2006-04-07, 11:30   Link #16
Dionysus
Ichigo VS Hitsugaya plz

Quote:
I would assume they go through a Simular training type as Urahara put Ichigo through

Without the Hichigo part

Urahara was a Shinigami Captain so he probably knew the proper way

Which means it was probably the way he shown to Ichigo.
Old 2006-04-08, 01:16   Link #17
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by propa03

As you can see, there's no explanation exactly as to how this would happen, but it is one theory. I wish I could remember who came up with it to credit them.
I believe that was The Small One's theory. (If I'm wrong, he might correct me.) It was an interesting idea, but I couldn't support it because of zero evidence.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-04-08, 02:15   Link #18
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

ichigo did take rukia's abilities in the first season. although he never released the sword was it really his sword or her sword he was holding? the appearance was diferent, but that could because it was drawing from his power
Old 2006-04-08, 08:53   Link #19
jcc2k4
boku wa kamisama desu

it has to be created from spiritual power. I think of it as Ishida's bow, he creates that from his spiritual power control. Ichigo's zanpaktou has been broken a number of times, but it has still come back to him... how? Personally i believe it is an unconscious physical form of spiritual energy. I'm not sure if this even makes sense or anything, just my opinion on the matter.
Old 2006-04-08, 10:34   Link #20
Scep
commands you to...!
*Artist

just to let you guys know, in the OVA, if im not wrong, yoruichi used her sword to slash through some of the hollows. The OVA, in my opinion should be quite accurate. The uses of the bankai and that non manga / anime skills, i think probably kubo had a hand in it. correct me if im wrong.
Closed Thread