AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-09-22, 08:01   Link #1481
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Plot device. This time, G-Element serves as the rare equalvalient of Sakuradite.

Also, here is the brief version of my change in history:

-The upsurper of Japanese royalty happened sooner, thus stopped them to conduct Pearl Habor.

- Various Independent Wars of East Asia Colonies suscessded with the help of Japan. With China, the Civil War between the Nationalist and Communist. In an unexpected movement, Japan sided with the winning Communist and leftist Nationalist to win against Chiang Kai Sheik force.

-The forming of East Asia Alliance and Great East Asia phylosophy.

- US joined the war with Germany much sooner and nuked Berlin.

-The unification of Germany completed as the plan. Tension between USSR and US lower to the bottom, as both now have a same opponent: Japan. The Emperor of Japan didn't have much ambition, though. Peace had been archived.

- 1970s: Discovery of small G-Element mines across the world: Fuji Mount, Kangshar, Canada,... Space Race begun.

- France and England destroy their colonial system (several Gandhi-style revolution on Africa. Fidel Castro establised a Social Democratic Cuba by political means.)

- 1980s: The introduction of KMF-side industrial bipedal robot. Another large version was planned with the building of a International Moon Base.

- Late 1999: BETA arrived on the Moon. Sending expedition force and two prototype F-4. They still has to use Nuke, though.

- 2000s: Preparing for the second arrival of BETA. F-4, F-5, Mirage, Mig-23, Gekishin (A trading G-Element contract with the US) were mass-produced.

- 21-12-2013: Several BETA hives dived to Earth, but only one landed to Kangshar...

What I'm doing here is basically preparing humanity befor BETA: A long age of peace for technology development, time for mass number of TSF, Japan joined BETA war much sooner with its East Asia allies...And the fitting of Code Geass technology.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 08:58   Link #1482
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Uh, no.

I'm really sorry, but this timeline makes no sense at all.

I'll skip the "G-Elements as Sakuradite" thing (because it is, theoretically, workable, but I am biased against Code Geass world background on a principle) but...

1.) Japanese royalty was never usurped. That's because the Emperor is considered to be a living God. You cannot literally overthrown someone who's worshiped by everyone in the bloody country. In fact, Meiji restoration was all about "restoring" Emperor's direct rule over the country, as opposed to ruiling by proxy via the Shogun (this didn't happen of course, because lolGreed in the Satsuma/Chosu leadership).

Pearl Harbor happened because Japan wanted a war with USA, and its command was retarded enough to ignore the intelligence that Japan will have its ass handed to it. Unless Japan is completely rid of ultranationalist military clique, the war will still happen.

2.)Japan siding with anyone in Chinese civil war.

This...is bad. Just...spectacular bad. Japan needed resources to sustain its economy, and the ruling clique had seen conquest as the easiest way of accomplishing it. You're also ignoring the fact that civil war was in Japan's best interest (because it made China into a non-existing state). Japan will also never ally with Communists. Period. Nope. At this time period, no self-respecting government will trust Communists, and they represented a clear threat to established systems of power. Have we mentioned that Japan was/is a very traditionalist country?

3.) Unification of Germany

NO. USSR will *not* allow for this to happen, as long as Soviets are capable of sustaining their own country. Unless you will eliminate the Cold War from ever existing. You also forget that USSR had enough military stationed in East Germany to turn it into a glass lake if they ever thought of breaking away from Warsaw Pact. You're also cheerfully ignoring the fact that until 1979, both countries treated each other with maximum contempt.

4.) France and England giving up on colonialism

Hahahaha, what?

England was forced to, because they had seen the writing on the wall. French? Never. France of that era was quite nationalistic, and had seen colonies as being vital to national rebuilding, and our real-life wars (Algeria, Vietnam) showed that they were willing to go far to maintain them.

I'll stop here.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 09:04   Link #1483
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Anyway ABT, hows the status for Comet and will you be posting it at Space Battles or fanfiction.net first?
Old 2013-09-22, 09:08   Link #1484
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

Goose has it in editing, so it would be the best to ask him.

That said, I'm moving to Japan tomorrow, which means that I may not be able to update or post anything for weeks.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-22, 09:36   Link #1485
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Shhhh... Then let's just give Japan the whole East Asia this time around.

And I mean a REAL DEMOCRATIC revolution of Japan this time. Or, no more five ruiling house, Yuuhi the spiritual leader. An United State of Japan.

Oh, how about semi-independent for the African? The aftershock of India Movement, Great East Asia phylosophy and (not really sure about this), the agreement of Israel and Palestine?

...Always welcome suggestion.

That or I could always go with the Second Impact/The Day After route.

Wondering why Japanese haven't do a F-2 Zero Viper or F-15J Kai - a choice instead of Shiranui. Always love F-16.

Last edited by Fireminer; 2013-09-22 at 21:07.
Old 2013-09-23, 08:34   Link #1486
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Oh, and anothes snippet poped from my head:

"...

"Commander, the time has came."

"Very Well! Are all the troops standing by my order?"

"Yes, Sir! Your Astrea is also ready!"

"...I'll be there in five minutes. Tell the Commanders keep their line no matter what!"

"Yes SIR!" As the informer slowly floated away, Makabe took out from his pocket two photos. One is he and his past life: Together with Suzaku, Kallen and Nunnally,...all claded in Ashford Academy uniforms. And the second, him with his three brothers-in-arms...

(Scene Change)

There is no scene like Sunfall on the Moon. From a bright orange color, the skyline was suddenly changed into a deep pit of darkness. Even more pitch black than a Total Eclipse on Earth, the darkness could be felt like a substance on Moon. But far out there, these stars were still shining.

"...My comrades, my brothers, for half-of-a century, humanity has been enduring with the posibility of extinction. We lives in borrow time, in fear that we could be crushed and digestion by these horrible creatures. But as the Bible said: "Human is the Image of God", we carry in ourself the essance of this galaxy, and thus we WILL stand with this galaxy. The Day is here, for right this moment, we are going to end the BETA threat to our race. So Be Strong, Be Brave and Keep Marching Forward, because We Live for a Glorius Death!" As Makabe's voice echoed through everyone heart, the army morale raised to the level that it could matched the brightness of Sun. He then opened a private channel to his best friends and spear heads of this attack.

"Ready for the Final Dance, Shirogane, Yuuya, Hibiki?"

"Of course!" Takeru answered, while Yuuya chuckled and Hibiki grinned widely. "Do you remember our vow?"

"ALL FOR ONE AND ONE FOR ALL!!!" With these word, they raised their weapons high and dashing directly into the BETA line...

...And that is the start of Operation "Zero Requiem" - Humanity's Final Battle to Eliminate the Level-13 BETA Hive on Lunar Surface..."
Old 2013-09-23, 10:11   Link #1487
John117xCortana

New chapter for One Last Time Into The Loop.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7112821/78/

I was expecting Allegiance to pull off something like that. Considering that Allegiance is actually an Alt V supported black ops ground it won't be too surprising if the Alt V supporters are using Allegiance to poison the well out of pure spite if you know what I mean.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 19:04   Link #1488
ServantOfPriss
Slowpoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I should note one thing - if this world proceeds like it did IRL, we'll actually be somewhat worse off in terms of manpower; post Glastnost, end of Cold War and Operation Desert Storm, everyone went through a mass drawdown (especially the British - the current Royal Regiment of Scotland has five battalions... which used to be five independant regiments). That, incidentally, was a source of a lot of background drama in Soldier, Soldier.
I remember reading about that: US got rid of its Pattons, the whole "distribution" of formers Soviet equipment among the Post-Soviet States, the Russian Navy's crisis, etc.

That said, I should also note that in 2009, Russia still seemed to have perhaps the most tanks in the world (at least according to a certain page made by a certain Mr. Wales) in the world, if only because the Ground Forces weren't in the process of decommissioning all those T-55s and T-62s in their arsenal.

Although as I've been following said tables and lists, I've been, sadly, been learning that all T-62s are most likely scrapped by now

Quote:
Also, during the mid 90s, the US and Russia were actually edging towards closer ties, and very nearly towards an alliance (you see this reflected to an extent in Tom Clancy's books, where the US-Russian relationships keep thawing, right until Executive Orders, then there's a reset in later books, because Clancy writes allegorial to the present, and less on continuity / alt universe). Then stuff happened - Spacebattles War Room would be a great place to ask those questions (this stuff was raised there before but I skimmed it over).
That was a good book...

And you know, now I have an idea to yet AGAIN change all of this: set it in the mid-90s instead, make it more along the spirit of Pacific Rim where everyone is united against the BETA. Or something like this. I'll think about it.

Quote:
"Greetings, Commander. In response to the alien attack, the Council of Nations has activated the XCOM project..."

MAKE IT HAPPEN âge!
ServantOfPriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 21:38   Link #1489
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServantOfPriss View Post
I remember reading about that: US got rid of its Pattons, the whole "distribution" of formers Soviet equipment among the Post-Soviet States, the Russian Navy's crisis, etc.

That said, I should also note that in 2009, Russia still seemed to have perhaps the most tanks in the world (at least according to a certain page made by a certain Mr. Wales) in the world, if only because the Ground Forces weren't in the process of decommissioning all those T-55s and T-62s in their arsenal.

Although as I've been following said tables and lists, I've been, sadly, been learning that all T-62s are most likely scrapped by now
I'm pretty sure at this point, most of the Russian Army's tanks are still the T-72 and the T-80; the T-90, IIRC, is essentially a modernised T-72. And reading C.J. Chivers' book The Gun, they've got millions upon millions of AK-47s/AKMs and AK-74s in armories and buried and in warehouses and shit.

Quote:
That was a good book...

And you know, now I have an idea to yet AGAIN change all of this: set it in the mid-90s instead, make it more along the spirit of Pacific Rim where everyone is united against the BETA. Or something like this. I'll think about it.
Mid-90s is that sorta sweet spot between numbers and cool toys. That actually reminds me of the Yukikaze novels, which were set in 1996 (well, going by the bureau number on the Maeve). That was also a certain sense of hilariousness, because while the author was writing about stuff that was cutting edge for that time - fly-by-wire, GPS, etc - it all seems so dated nowadays. And a lot of the foundations for today's cool toys were already being introduced - unlike infantry gear, aviation technology is more of a maturing evolving thing, rather than revolutionary breakthroughs. Less things change over a decade than with the soldier - compare the average US soldier from 2003 with the current soldier, particularly their rifle.

The mid-90s were also when the world was generally more or less peaceful and people were opening up to the idea of global cooperation, particularly US and Russia, which were sorta dancing around the idea of an alliance. This could be an interesting angle to explore.

Quote:
MAKE IT HAPPEN âge!
It's called Faraway Dawn, and it's Get Fucked By The BETA.

Still, it might work. UFO intercept becomes Hive intercept... might work, but I'm definitely not the guy to pull it off.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 22:34   Link #1490
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

That remind me, Chinese is always the Master of Copy-and-Paste. The J-series is basically modernized Mig and Su. Now, it's the T-99 tank from the gathered data of T-72 and T-80.

A few more years and they gonna replace Russia's AK-74, AKM,...with AK-12!

Oh, and Age, GIVE ME A SU T-50!!! Who need those birdies of US when you got the Phoenix in your side!
Old 2013-09-24, 06:43   Link #1491
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

One certain way to kill off any creativity for fic-writing: Doing your Income Tax.

I swear, I'd rather be CHOMPED by a horde of hungry BETA than to recalculate my taxes again. (I do it every year...you can only be CHOMPED once...)
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 08:04   Link #1492
Mangathell

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
One certain way to kill off any creativity for fic-writing: Doing your Income Tax.

I swear, I'd rather be CHOMPED by a horde of hungry BETA than to recalculate my taxes again. (I do it every year...you can only be CHOMPED once...)
Hehe, well you can always imagine the tax office being invaded by BETA or being manned by BETA that'll be cathartic!
Mangathell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 08:07   Link #1493
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangathell View Post
Hehe, well you can always imagine the tax office being invaded by BETA
- I wish.

Quote:
or being manned by BETA
- That explains it. They're not content with eating our land and our brains, they want our income, too...

Posting a partial update. The segment is still feeling a bit awkward, but I might as well post it because it sets up the next bit.
http://youtu.be/U-tUbTU0jIA
--really need to listen to more sci-fi music of the orchestral/bass kind. Cyberpunk or in the same theme as BSG. Withotu spoiling anything inside my head, It puts me in the right frame of mind for what I'm writing

--SNIP--

Last edited by wavehawk; 2013-09-25 at 07:14. Reason: removed fic section
Old 2013-09-24, 10:28   Link #1494
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

@ sasahar17

When will you post the 3rd chapter of Muv Luv DYRL Valkyries on fanfiction.net?
Old 2013-09-24, 20:46   Link #1495
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

He's currently tied up with IRL and other stuff. It's pretty much done already, but he hasn't had a chance to deploy it. It's planned, but IRL needs to get sorted first.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-09-25, 07:16   Link #1496
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Okay, lets take this from the top. Chopped up the next sequence because I was writing too much unneccessary clutter (too much weapon pandering for weapons that won't even be used in this chapter). Redid a few little bits, it's now in one neat package to read.

Quote:
A JIVES simulation was in effect.

Every time a kill was made, an excited burst of data shot through the link feed. As with yesterday, the two pilots were unmoved during maneuvers. But the data streams between the two machines were vibrant, almost manic. No sound was heard from the pilot, but the feedback from the machine's avionics was consistent. Burkhart could not make sense of any information pouring through; to her eyes it looked like gibberish. Machines screaming information, fragmented and cutting. Like a hammer to glass, shattered and random.

Unlike the encounter with real BETA the day before, the JIVES simulation was far more fierce. Burkhart grimaced at the simulated hordes that Icon Flight faced. Most of the breeds seen yesterday were there, Tank-class, Grappler- and Destroyer-class. But there was far more variety of BETA in this group, which Elle did not forsee.

Such as the inclusion of Laser-Class BETA.

Simulated flashes of light cut the virtual battlescape. In a real battle, the high-powered beams would take aim at Phantom Arc and other flying machines first. TSFs would follow, and then short work would be made of any remaining ground forces. Laser-class BETA were soft and fragile forms, but their ability to generate a high-powered beam were the reason humanity could not simply bomb the massed BETA into extinction. Laser-class were what made TSFs necessary on the battlefield--hovering close to the ground and engaging other BETA head-on was the only way to eliminate such a horde.

Which was why Elle could not understand why the pilots kept leaping into the air, ripe for Laser-class attack.

White clouds rippled across Icon-2's body as it whipped at impossibly sharp right angles to avoid the simulated laser attacks. A TSF was fast and highly maneuverable in flight, but it was not an aircraft. It simply lacked the aerodynamic characteristics for sub-sonic, much less supersonic flight. The data flowing in at this time seemed to bear a strained emotion to it.

Like gritting its teeth. Elle watched dispassionately at the TSFs' movements.

A warning sounded, the fifteenth for Icon-2 as a simulated Laser-class beam scored a direct hit. Icon-3 had already been shot down twenty-two times. Each time, the scenario would be reset and the JIVES simulation would restart the BETA assault, Laser-class and all.

These aren't Laserjagd tactics. They're just leaping straight into the Laser-class field of fire. Elle did not think the pilots were idiots. The suicidal maneuvers against Laser-class had a purpose, but Burkhart could not figure out what. Or maybe it was part of the 'new initiative' Lumumba and Wilkes were referring to. Still, Elle couldn't see the point of openly baiting a squad of Laser-Class. She continued to watch as Icon flight repeated the process of leaping straight into Laser-class fire. The pilots and their TSFs' average survival time was roughly two minutes. Much less than the 'eight minutes of death' that the average active-duty TSF pilot was expected to survive during a real BETA attack. Wilkes hasn't said a word, either.

It was then that Icon-2 stopped trying.

The TSF stood there, refusing to move even though the JIVES simulation began again.

"Pit to Icon-2," Lumumba's exasperated voice sounded of defeat, as though he had been expecting this situation. "Are you having problems again?"

"Iori is right. This test is a waste of time." Todd Crane's flat voice declared on the communication line, not annoyed or arrogant. Like a machine printing out a result, stating a fact. "A simulation is not real."

Who's Iori? Burkhart wondered who among the techs or staff Crane was referring to. She then remembered Lumumba and Min-Jae mentioning the name yesterday, as well. One of the TSF mechanics?

"Iori again!" Masato Asakura's voice broke the silence, and Icon-3 gave Icon-2 what Elle thought was a mocking look. "I can go another thousand rounds if you won't!"

Crane was unmoved. "It's a waste of time."

"Admit it, Abyss is better." Masato had a childish petulance in his tone of voice. "You're just too chicken to try again."

Crane did not respond.

Abyss? Burkhart had no idea who or what Asakura was talking about. There seemed to be a more low-key jabbing between the two TSFs' data links. Something that felt mildly hostile.

The two Icon machines stood there, even as the simulated BETA charged straight into them. Like holograms, the virtual BETA strode straight through without stopping. it made for a surreal experience as Phantom Arc showed JIVES-BETA simply passing through the TSFs with no adverse response.

Strange? Burkhart wondered why neither of the Icon machines reacted. JIVES directly affected a TSF's control systems, simulating for the pilot what an actual impact should have been like. The two TSFs should at least have been slightly shaken. But the JIVES-simulation BETA simply walked through Icon-2 and -3 like virtual ghosts.

"This exercise is a wrap." Wilkes was heard again, and again there was clear frustration in his harsh voice. "Suspend JIVES. Icon Flight, return to base."

The JIVES-BETA disappeared in a wink.

Crane turned Icon-2 back to base. "Roger. RTB."

"Roger that, sir." Burkhart heard the low tones of a snarl in Asakura's voice, and the way he pronounced 'sir' like 'cur'. "Icon-3 RTB."

The two Icon machines took off, and Phantom Arc followed. But Elle wasn't sure she followed the conversation the two pilots had. Who's Iori, and what's this Abyss that Asakura is referring to?

A small pip sounded, and Elle was surprised to see a new data entry from Icon-2. What surprised her was that this bit of data was aimed directly at Phantom Arc. At her.

BETA = FALSE

...? Burkhart's eye checked on Crane in the cockpit. The helmeted form seemed to make no reaction or indication of communicating with her. Elle also realized both machines' data streams were now silent. The two Icon TSFs seemed uninterested in either the UCAV or each other, though Icon-3 twitched jerkily on occassion due to its unbalanced load. It seemed that the people were quiet about what was happening, or at least evasive like Lumumba was. Only the machines seemed to talk all the time, and Elle did not understand them at all. The UCAV pilot ignored the situation for the moment, as she guided her machine back to base. Still. What was all that about?

The codes for Phantom Arc's landing pattern presented themselves. Elle hadn't realized how much time had passed since the simulations began. The UCAV drifted lowly, killing speed as it came down for a landing.

There's the shed. Burkhart only noticed it now, the elevator shed of the dark morning earlier. Like a pin on the ground, marking the approach line of the UCAV and TSF landing runways. A side camera showed Icon-2 and -3 making their approach as well without incident. Phantom Arc's wheels once again hit dust and gravel, a smoother landing than yesterday. Elle was now familiar with the UCAV's nuances, but still wished they had been flying for longer. The UCAV slowed, rolling at an almost snails pace into its pop-up elevator/servicing berth. A click sounded in her ear, and the machine was secure. Elle removed her helmet, half-expecting either Min-Jae or Lumumba standing over her. Back to reality.

Burkhart opened the control pod's shell and found herself alone. All the hubub was over the TSFs now being brought back down into the Pit.

The control helmet sat idly on her lap, but Elle did not want to leave the comfort of the cockpit. Like a mother's womb reassuring her. Even though she was not controlling the UCAV it was more her place than anywhere inside the Pit.

Moreso than Dover--No, Elle bit her lip. It wasn't like that.

The Pit crew left her alone for a while longer before Elle felt confident enough to step out of the control pod. Despite herself, she walked toward the TSFs. Icon-2 and Icon-3 were still save for the people crawling over them like ants. The pilots had already disembarked; Burkhart didn't envy the time they took in removing the heavy suits put on and sterilized each and every flight. Crew Boss Min-jae was in the thick of it, yelling out instructions without the aid of a speaker.

There was a sudden yelp, and the Crew Boss barely dodged a falling tool.

"Watch it, you stupid asshole!" Min-jae screamed, then immediately dropped to an unintelligible seething whisper. Burkhart didn't understand his language, but was sure they were promises to weld the unfortunate tech to the machine next. He turned to see Burkhart, and gave her a weary split-second smile. "At least Phantom Arc comes back in one piece."

Burkhart wasn't sure if the Crew Boss was mocking her, and ignored the comment. She looked up at Icon-2, undergoing maintenance yet again. "I've never seen other TSFs undergo this much maintenance."

"These two are held together by spit and duct tape. I don't know how much more the Strike Eagle frames can take." Min-jae wiped the sweat off his brow. "And now we're mounting some new weapons to both Icon-2 and -3. Might as well move up their test schedule. Every freaking time they do Laser-class simulations, Crane does a few tries then gives up."

"I saw. Asakura on the other hand, seems pretty gung-ho about it."

"Masato's a damned scrub." The Crew Boss was not hiding his contempt. "Thinking he's some sort of saturday morning superhero. Do me a favor: If you feel like it, punch him."

Burkhart was looking forward to meeting Asakura far less than before, and was desperate to change the topic. "I didn't manage to ask earlier. What happened to the BETA herd from yesterday? How did Icon Flight handle them?"

"Offshore artillery came into play." Min-jae scratched his head, hair visibly coming loose. Burkhart figured the Crew Boss wouldn't have much hair left by the time the project was through. "The rest of the BETA were taken out by long-range artillery shelling from two frigates in the Bay of Biscay. Wilkes didn't like that."

Elle hazarded a guess. "German ships?"

"The Baden-Wurttemberg and Niedersachsen. Missile and artillery bascially wiped out the surviving BETA. Icon-2's armor got a bit toasted from fratricide. Nearly blasted Icon-3 on the way out too. Too bad we're not that lucky."

"The frigates fired while Icon Flight was still engaged." Burkhart was somehow not surprised, stating it as fact rather than a question. "Didn't anyone let them know?"

"Wilkes hates the Germans worse than sin. He'd shoot them dead and piss on their graves before speaking to them." Min-jae scratched his slowly balding scalp again. "Besides, he was damned confident Icon Flight could handle it. Said that if they couldn't survive an artillery shelling the project would have been a waste anyway."

He probably already knew. Elle realized the timing of Phantom Arc's recall the other day was too perfect.

The sound of a heavy crane disrupted her thoughts, and she watched the Pit crew detach Icon-3's XM-244 cannon with difficulty.

"I swear, Asakura likes that gun too much for his own good. Like he's overcompensating for something." Min-jae mumbled, with a tone of voice that didn't sound right for a joke. "God, if it's not about getting bigger guns, Asakura's whining about Iori's complaints."

"I've been hearing that name quite a bit." Elle blurted despite herself. "Who is he?"

"Who, Iori?"

"Yes. I don't think I've met him." Burkhart then realized she was assuming an unknown person's gender. "Or her."

Min-Jae stared at her for a long and uncomfortable few seconds, then broke out into laughter. Elle stood stock-still, completely perplexed.

"Oh, you've met Iori. Hell, you've been watching her as long as you've been watching Asakura and Crane."

Burkhart's confused expression made him laugh a moment longer. The Crew Boss then finally pointed straight up. At Icon-2.

"You're looking at her."
Old 2013-09-25, 22:18   Link #1497
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

*cues Monologue and Stimulation from Yukikaze OST*

(It's that piano piece that keeps on going on and on like in a circle, whenever people are being thoughtful or when the focus is on Yukikaze, like at the end of Operation 1 where the Super Sylph was all crashed.)

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-09-26, 05:37   Link #1498
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

And now for something completely different...

Quote:
The line eased her gently to the ground, slowly uncurling from the cockpit block as she descended. Lt. Takamura Yui kept a stoic face, but inside she felt excitement as a familiar man in the garb of the Imperial Japanese Forces stood waiting for her. On the ground, she snapped to attention and saluted.

"Lieutenant Takamura Yui has returned from time trial, Colonel Iwaya."

"So, how was your first flight in the Takemikazuchi?" He spoke. Colonel Iwaya Eiji did not bother with formalities. He and Yui were family, even if he felt his beloved niece took herself far too seriously.

"The Takemi is a good machine," Yui began, but was stopped by her uncle's raised hand.

"No. I mean, how do you feel about your new TSF?"

Takamura stood straight, and despite herself she smiled. "It's incredible. The maneuverability, response, and carriage. Nothing like my old machine. It's...art in motion."

"Ah." Eiji smiled, content. "So you have no regrets now, having left your old machine?"

"Only one," Behind her, the Takemikazuchi stood proud and tall. "I've always wondered what happened to my Zuikaku."

A loud gurgle as Iwaya choked.

"Unc--Colonel! Are you all right?"

"Ahh---hahaha. I'm sure your Zuikaku has found a worthy new owner, Yui." The older officer coughed uncomfortably at the lie. Some memories must be better left unsullied...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"OHGODOHGODOHGODOHGODOHGODOHGODOHGODOHGODOHGODOHGO DOHGODOHGODOHGODOHGODOHGOD~~~!!!!"

The Blood Gulch defence line did not budge, even after seeing the yellow Zuikaku run off with its arms waving in large circles. A couple dozen Destroyer-class followed in hot pursuit. But since they were not heading in any important direction but the cliff walls, most of the soldiers ignored the scene.

"Who the hell..." One UN F-15 pilot asked his partner. "...is that moron in the bright yellow F-4 knockoff?"

"I dunno, some lazy fat guy." The other F-15 nonchalantly kept firing at the incoming BETA. "I heard his name was Griff."
Old 2013-09-26, 06:23   Link #1499
Chibiloli

I've been reading Ciaphas Cain a lot lately, I want to make a Japanese OC who just wants to avoid the frontlines, yet ends up doing all sorts of Heroics, and I've already got a Title, Setsuna Kasugano, YAMATO DAMASHII!
Old 2013-09-26, 07:04   Link #1500
Mangathell

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
And now for something completely different...
Wavehawk, where do you get your brand of crazy juice? or do you make it yourself?
On another note, nice ;D
Mangathell is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfiction, harem