Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2008-05-12, 17:23   Link #1821
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shana View Post
I feel like I'm getting in the middle of a conversation, but nevermind. I am curious, so I'll say:

Spoiler for Game:

kthxs!!!!
During the year in which F/SN was released, there was a big uproar on underage girls being stalked. And the society blamed on the otakus because all they watch is underage sex in their hentai movies. T-Moon, in order to avoid getting caught in the crossfire, simply removed that Illya bed scene. Many can argue that Illya is not underage(she's actually much older than Shirou), but simply that CG would cause T-Moon and Nasu much unwanted attention.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 19:36   Link #1822
Shana

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
During the year in which F/SN was released, there was a big uproar on underage girls being stalked. And the society blamed on the otakus because all they watch is underage sex in their hentai movies. T-Moon, in order to avoid getting caught in the crossfire, simply removed that Illya bed scene. Many can argue that Illya is not underage(she's actually much older than Shirou), but simply that CG would cause T-Moon and Nasu much unwanted attention.
*Sigh* Too bad... but... umm... They did release the game with the CG and then removed it? if that's it I can try searching for it.
Old 2008-05-12, 21:18   Link #1823
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
*Sigh* Too bad... but... umm... They did release the game with the CG and then removed it? if that's it I can try searching for it.
The CG was released minutes before the release. If you have access to Nasu's PC, you can try your luck.
Old 2008-05-13, 14:22   Link #1824
Shana

There go my hopes... well... meh.

Let's continue with my Tiger Stamps... *sigh*
Old 2008-05-14, 05:05   Link #1825
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

Access to nasu's pc?? Are you suggesting Shana to hack Nasu's pc?O.o

Question time

Quote:
ctually, the noble phantasm is the 'key' that opens the Gate of Babylon, not the gate itself. He owns all the 'artifact type' Noble Phantasms' prototype. So Noble Phantasms that are not an artifact, he doesn't own them. The amount Gilgamesh can take out from his Gate of Babylon is proportional to his master's wealth, so the richer the master, the better equipment he can take out.(one can say he is weaker in the 5th HG war due to the incapability to take out most of his weapons)
Artifact type noble phantasm??? Can you elaborate iamandragon???

Is Bazette's personality the same or similar to Lancer's then??

Are any of the spells in anime which Rin casts are made up??

From fate stay night Kiritsugu uses guns to kill other magicians. Does those guns able to hurt servant as well??

Spoiler for Fate/Zero:

Does sasaki koujirou play any role in Unlimited Blade Works route??

Can one uses the defensive noble phantasm as broke noble phantasm???
Blade_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 07:33   Link #1826
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_Lord View Post
Access to nasu's pc?? Are you suggesting Shana to hack Nasu's pc?O.o
Good luck...I've to remind you all that unauthorized entry to another person's PC is a crim, though. I won't say 'go for it!', but if you managed to I'm sure you'll gain lots of worshippers, findings or not.

Quote:
Artifact type noble phantasm??? Can you elaborate iamandragon???
Noble phantasms that are artifacts? That is, Noble Phantasms that have a physical shape, such as weapons and shields. Some Noble Phantasm, such as God Hand(which is actually layers of resurrection magic), does not have a physical shape and are not classified as an artifact.

Quote:
Same or similar. Unless one summons a servant with a catalyst, a random servant which has triads close to the master will be summoned.

Quote:
Are any of the spells in anime which Rin casts are made up??
Since when spells and magic realistic?

Quote:
From fate stay night Kiritsugu uses guns to kill other magicians. Does those guns able to hurt servant as well??
The physical bullets does not, but the magic within it cannot either, except perhaps Caster. The magic within the bullet works only when it comes contact with the magic from the magician.

Quote:
Spoiler for Fate/Zero:
Good question--perhaps it'd just be the lowest rank? I'm not sure, though.

Quote:
Does sasaki koujirou play any role in Unlimited Blade Works route??
Yes.

Quote:
Can one uses the defensive noble phantasm as broke noble phantasm???
Why not? Broken Noble Phantasm is a just move which boosts the power of a Noble Phantasm for a short period at the expense of it breaking afterwards.
Old 2008-05-14, 09:59   Link #1827
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

Quote:
Since when spells and magic realistic?
You've misunderstood my question...did Rin ever use any of the spell in the anime in the game??
Old 2008-05-14, 13:54   Link #1828
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
You've misunderstood my question...did Rin ever use any of the spell in the anime in the game??
Of course she did use spells in the game. And a notch better than the anime too--I don't remember, however, which spells did Rin used in the anime, so i can't give you a definite answer to that.
Old 2008-05-14, 16:55   Link #1829
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Actually, I thought Bazette could summon Lancer because Bazette had the same earring as Lancer had. Unfortunately, I don't know where I heard that from, so I'd have to wait for confirmation.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 17:36   Link #1830
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Actually, I thought Bazette could summon Lancer because Bazette had the same earring as Lancer had. Unfortunately, I don't know where I heard that from, so I'd have to wait for confirmation.
You mean the earring of Bazette is from hundreds of years ago? Quite unlikely, though I don't have proof either...
Old 2008-05-14, 20:52   Link #1831
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
You mean the earring of Bazette is from hundreds of years ago? Quite unlikely, though I don't have proof either...
Well, considering I have to prove it as I suggested it and I don't have any proof, I guess we can't really say that it is until we have a reason for it.

I should look at some Bazette CGs [If I had access to them right now, which I don't.] and see if there is an earring and if it's similar.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 22:27   Link #1832
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Well, considering I have to prove it as I suggested it and I don't have any proof, I guess we can't really say that it is until we have a reason for it.

I should look at some Bazette CGs [If I had access to them right now, which I don't.] and see if there is an earring and if it's similar.
They look the same, but there is no rule that a servant can't take their master's wearings and put them on, right? I remember reading a doujin about that.
Old 2008-05-15, 07:38   Link #1833
Blade_Reaper387
@/_\@

Quote:
There go my hopes... well... meh.

Let's continue with my Tiger Stamps... *sigh*
Well if u do die and collect all the stamps, do tell me wad happen or best if u can print screen and post it !!!

Just curious, has anyone played FHA yet? and was it worth the time?
Blade_Reaper387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-18, 21:59   Link #1834
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

2 more question:

1) What is the rank of Noble phantasm if archer traced noble phantasm of the lowest rank like an E-rank Noble phantasm?

2) Iamandragon when you mention about one-rank difference what do you mean? Does it mean the true power of noble phantasm archer traced is about 1/2 of the original??
Old 2008-05-19, 19:15   Link #1835
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
2 more question:

1) What is the rank of Noble phantasm if archer traced noble phantasm of the lowest rank like an E-rank Noble phantasm?
Stay as E-rank. E rank noble phantasms usually are modern made weapons with spiritual power in it, such as the Black Keys used by Kotomine--such weapon's strength depends on the user's magic power instead of the legend/history/rank itself.

Quote:
2) Iamandragon when you mention about one-rank difference what do you mean? Does it mean the true power of noble phantasm archer traced is about 1/2 of the original??
Just because a weapon is one rank down doesn't mean it is half as powerful--the one rank down is just a way to describe to us readers that it is always weaker than original, and Broken Phantasm can achieve temporary power of traced weapon of original state.
Old 2008-05-19, 20:11   Link #1836
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Gilgamesh got the prototype of noble phantasm that other servant own?? But isn't balmung/gram sword(a protoype of excallibur or calliburn) a noble phantasm for siegfried??
Gram isn't a prototype though, its source is Merodach. Caliburn was built off of the schematics of Gram.

Most likely, Gram/Balmung was constructed during the time when Gilgamesh was still King, which is why he possesses it in his vault.

Remember, Gilgamesh doesn't just have all prototype Noble Phantasms, but also everything that had existed in the world during his time as King.

This also means he doesn't have all the prototype Noble Phantasms in existence, but only those that were constructed when he was King. i.e; he most likely wouldn't have the source of Excalibur/Arondight.
Old 2008-05-20, 06:11   Link #1837
Blade_Lord
Lord of Blades

What is Arondight??

What really happen to archer's rho aias when Lancer uses gae bolg? Did it repel back to lancer or just stopped them in its track??

Can shirou uses the same ultimate killing move against saber and have the same effect as it is on Dark Saber??

Quote:
Just because a weapon is one rank down doesn't mean it is half as powerful--the one rank down is just a way to describe to us readers that it is always weaker than original, and Broken Phantasm can achieve temporary power of traced weapon of original state.
This confuses me more...I may be as dumb as shirou but so basically one rank difference means what exactly??
Old 2008-05-20, 07:34   Link #1838
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Quote:
What is Arondight??
Sword of Lancelot(the person who betrayed King Arther), this sword is also made by the fairies.

Quote:
What really happen to archer's rho aias when Lancer uses gae bolg? Did it repel back to lancer or just stopped them in its track??
Two results:
If Broken Phantasm is used:
Gae Bolg is completely blocked and Rho Aias is shattered
If Broken Phantasm is not used:
Gae Bolg penetrates and shatters Rho Aias and lost momentum(see UBW route)

Quote:
Can shirou uses the same ultimate killing move against saber and have the same effect as it is on Dark Saber??
In theory yes, but actually no. For Shirou to reach such level he must be in 'super hot blood' mode, but when Saber is still on his side, he won't be able to do so.

Quote:
This confuses me more...I may be as dumb as shirou but so basically one rank difference means what exactly??
Well what's the difference of 90 marks in a test and 91 marks in a test makes? All we know 91 marks is better than 90 marks, but there's nothing else--you don't know how much extra IQ does the person scoring 91 have, nor can you tell how much richer is the one with lower mark The rank is just there to differentiate the strength of the weapons, allowing us to have a vague idea of which is stronger when given equal situations and clashing head on.
Old 2008-05-20, 11:02   Link #1839
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Just think of it like those fake designer clothing/bags all over the place.

They look like the original in appearance only, but the materials/construction is inferior.

Or copys of paintings. They might look the same, but when you analyse it, you can note the flaws in its design.

Shirou/Archer can make Noble Phantasms that not only looks like the originals, but the material composition and memories/history are exactly the same. The problem is, a Noble Phantasm is a super-natural phenomenon and Shirou cannot fully preceive it, and thus the copy isn't as pure as the original.

Something like that anyways.
Old 2008-05-20, 11:39   Link #1840
Zarxs
Taco Bell Addict

Send a message via AIM to Zarxs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade_Lord
I got a good example. Let us say Rho Aias is an EX rank skill, now if say Gilgamesh’s Enuma Elish were to hit it which is also EX it would probably end in Enuma being negated. However, if it was Archer tracing Rho Aias it would turn into an A++ and as logic dictates EX > A++ so that small decrees in rank is the difference between life and death. At least, in some situations.
Zarxs is offline   Reply With Quote