AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-03-15, 17:54   Link #1641
ueXia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
I'm going to have to debunk Wilfriback's position that the cover is Stella and Stella's mother: The older girl is wearing a Butler's suit. The cover is Stella at age 15-16, beginning to work for Pegasus as a butler to take care of Sena, with her younger half-sister Sena with her on the cover.

2nd pic, the LN says the two girls aren't related. The girl with the eyepatch is Kodaka and Kobato's mother, while the other girl is Stella's mother. This is a scene from Pegasus' high school days, and Pegasus haven't met his fiancee (Sena's mother) by this point yet.

Yeah, no. It's confirmed that Kobato is really Kodaka's sister. Kodaka's father was there when she's born.
Then why does Kodaka/Kobato's "mother" have the same hairpin as "Stella" then? Also, the cover highly implies the older girl has something wrong with her left eye, same as that in the dinner picture.
Another fact is that Stella is shown to have short hair since she went to Japan to be a butler (14), there is a picture with her looking at a baby Sena and she's got that gloomy look and really short hair as in the present.

Man, this is a tough row to hoe.

Last edited by ueXia; 2013-03-15 at 18:07.
ueXia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 18:13   Link #1642
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Yeah its complicated, thus I stick with my original statement for now. I still think he right one is Sena's mother because <insert random meat joke> and the left one Kodaka's because she looks like Kobato. Plus Kobato and Sena really look related. (Might be because both of them are blonde though )

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 22:43   Link #1643
gaiachaos

Spoiler:
gaiachaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 01:45   Link #1644
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaiachaos View Post
Spoiler:
I figured that was the case
Old 2013-03-16, 04:41   Link #1645
Raviel

Quote:
Spoiler:
Pegasus and Kodaka's dad must have been really good friends, I mean they even share the same preferences for women.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 10:01   Link #1646
ueXia

Quote:
Spoiler:
So the girls in the cover could be Kobato and her mom <3
ueXia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 15:17   Link #1647
Sumeragi
Banned

*Facepalm*

You know people, let's follow the most logical answer: Sena and Ms. Hasegawa.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 16:31   Link #1648
gaiachaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ueXia View Post
So the girls in the cover could be Kobato and her mom <3
They are. Naturally, the school uniform makes the mom (Irie) look younger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
*Facepalm*

You know people, let's follow the most logical answer: Sena and Ms. Hasegawa.
No.
Old 2013-03-16, 16:40   Link #1649
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
Pegasus and Kodaka's dad must have been really good friends, I mean they even share the same preferences for women.
Perhaps to an extent but for sisters they seem to be different.

Heres a thought. What if senas obsession with kobato was because she was very close with kobato and kodakas mother. Like what is on the cover.
Old 2013-03-16, 22:05   Link #1650
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
Perhaps to an extent but for sisters they seem to be different.

Heres a thought. What if senas obsession with kobato was because she was very close with kobato and kodakas mother. Like what is on the cover.
That.....that actually makes a lot of sense, maybe on a subconscious level Sena still "remembers" Kodaka's mother.

On another note, my memory is a bit hazy, did they ever mention how Kodaka's mother died and where Sena's biological mother is as of the current time in the LN?
Old 2013-03-16, 22:29   Link #1651
sky black swordman

Quote:
That.....that actually makes a lot of sense, maybe on a subconscious level Sena still "remembers" Kodaka's mother.

On another note, my memory is a bit hazy, did they ever mention how Kodaka's mother died and where Sena's biological mother is as of the current time in the LN?
Not sure if they did.

Sena's mom according to Pegasus is:
Quote:
"No, my wife is currently overseas,"
Old 2013-03-16, 22:53   Link #1652
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
On another note, my memory is a bit hazy, did they ever mention how Kodaka's mother died
Sometime after the birth of Kobato.
Old 2013-03-16, 23:15   Link #1653
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:

It is indeed possible she met Kodaka's mother and took a liking to her, however we don't really know if the girl in the picture is Sena or Kobato.
We can however assume that it is indeed Kobato's mother.

If you take a look at the two pictures I posted you will see that both pictures share two similarities:
1 Her left eye is closed
2 she has black-transparent bows

While she was probably wearing a glass eye in the fist picture she had an eye patch in the second.

The whole problem is the question who the little girl she is holding is now.
from the Anime we know that Sena was already wearing her buttlerfly bows back then, so we can pretty much asusme the girl she is holding is Kobato.

HOWEVER

Her holding Kobato is problematic on a totally different level as we know from Kodaka that their mother died briefly after Kobato was born.

So we are left with 2 options now:
- The girl in the picture is Sena with roses in her hair
- The little girl is Kobato, and the woman holding her is someone posing as Kobato's mother to make her happy.

1st: needs no further theorizing

2nd:
2.1 Brings us back to the theory that Kodaka and Sena would be cousins; Which wouldn't even be unlikely given that Kodaka's father and Pegasus apparently have a similar taste in woman.

2.2 Yet another possibility would be Sena, Kobato and Kodaka actually being half siblings, which would however make Kodaka's statement that his mother died questionable.
Don't misunderstand me now, Its not a bad novel but I somehow doubt tey are siblings.
It is true that one might be able to construct a relationship to kobato alike (I will name her girl A from now on) out of Pegasus liking for Kodaka's father.
However, them still being friends and letting the two of them getting engaged without any complaints is a bit too deep for tomodachi.
It would either make Kodaka's mother the worst or if not letting her have a split personality(therefore playng around with the word 'dead') / memory loss

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2013-03-16, 23:19   Link #1654
Raviel

Man we could be avoiding all of these arguements if the author bothered to put a few more defining features on Kobato, Sena's Mom, Kodaka's Mom, Sena, Stella, and Stella's Mom.

You would never believe they weren't related unless someone told you otherwise .
Old 2013-03-16, 23:21   Link #1655
Sumeragi
Banned

BTW, there is a reason why Airi (mother) had an eyepatch, and it isn't because she's blind in her left eye.
Old 2013-03-16, 23:27   Link #1656
gaiachaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post

The whole problem is the question who the little girl she is holding is now.
from the Anime we know that Sena was already wearing her buttlerfly bows back then, so we can pretty much asusme the girl she is holding is Kobato.

HOWEVER

Her holding Kobato is problematic on a totally different level as we know from Kodaka that their mother died briefly after Kobato was born.

So we are left with 2 options now:
- The girl in the picture is Sena with roses in her hair
- The little girl is Kobato, and the woman holding her is someone posing as Kobato's mother to make her happy.
There is nothing to speculate. The picture is explained in the author's notes and the author clearly indicated that the little girl is Kobato and high school girl is Kobato's mom Irie.
Old 2013-03-16, 23:31   Link #1657
potchip

Always thought the little girl is Sena - Kobato doesn't have a spaztic smile like that....only Sena, so I go with my first impression.
potchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 23:32   Link #1658
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
There is nothing to speculate. The picture is explained in the author's notes and the author clearly indicated that the little girl is Kobato and high school girl is Kobato's mom Irie.
Which I can't read

Did the author explain the contradiction resulting from this too btw?
Because well... the girl she is holding doesn't really look like she wass just born

Old 2013-03-16, 23:34   Link #1659
Sumeragi
Banned

Sometime after does not mean right after.

@ gaiachaos: Mind writing out the author's notes? Haven't been able to read the book.
Old 2013-03-16, 23:49   Link #1660
sky black swordman

Quote:
By briefly, how long do you mean ? A few months or maybe 1 or 2 years ? If so then, Kobato's gestures, expressions, and comments in these scenes suggest otherwise.
Spoiler for Scenes:

Tags
comedy, friendship, harem, light novels, love decisions, school life, shounen