AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2004-06-03, 04:42   Link #1
junko
model bliss

Rum Sunday

I'm initiating a Rum Sunday, the first annual Rum Sunday, like, ever.

Rum Sunday will take place on the last Sunday in June (the 27th). Any brand of rum in any flavor is welcome.

The way I figure, the festivities should start around, oh, say, 10:00am, and end around 10:00pm. This way, everyone will be sober enough to drive home and get ready for fun fun work on Monday.

Rum drinks, of course, should be included: rum punch, rum toddies, and the old standard, Pina Coladas. "Wasted away again in Pina Coladaville. Looking or my lost shaker or salt . . ." Uh, doesn't quite work. But, well, when you're all rip-roaring drunk, I'm sure you can think of other fun rum songs.

So, who's with me?

http://www.digitalbartender.com/mixed-drink/drinks/Rum

Some of these are real recipies, some are just random things people came up with when they were drunk.

"I didn't know you could mix Jagermeister and rum!"
junko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-03, 05:00   Link #2
HoboGod
Necromancer

awwwwww, i'm too young to drink rum... but i will dress like a pirate and insult women that day!!!

can there be any modifications to this rum day so that non-alcholics can join in too?
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-03, 05:09   Link #3
junko
model bliss

Well, I really don't agree with your insulting women, but I'll allow it.

Non-alchoholic rum drinks would be a fine way to express your appreciation and acceptance of Rum Sunday. Virgin Bahama Mamas are good, as are virgin Pina Coladas. I wouldn't try a virgin Rum Toddy, though. *shudders*

Dressing up as a pirate would also be sweet. If you do, could you post a picture?

If you are underage, please, do not partake in the rummy goodness! Just, well, have a rum spirit . . . I guess. Singing pirate songs would put you in said spirit.
junko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-03, 05:17   Link #4
HoboGod
Necromancer

i have no web cam, digital camera, or scanner, but i do have a eye patch, skull goblet, and red bandana... kinda funny the things you do and do not find at rummage sales and how they screw you over later in life...

oh, well, TO RUM DAY!!!
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote