AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2009-04-18, 10:18   Link #41
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Cool, didn't know that. Very interesting trivia.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 10:23   Link #42
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by vedicardi View Post
-snip-
To be honest, I didn't even look at them playing the instruments for accuracy of if they were playing what we were hearing.... Especially when keytars remind me of Momoi Haruko.

- 2 0 0? I play it as 3 0 0. OTL
- I'm not familiar with keytars, but couldn't she have an effect for that sound that she could easily switch to with her left hand? Comparing the parts at 0:39 ~ 1:00-ish with the sweep and 0:26 ~ bit, they do all sound different.
- KyoAni could all be fcuking with us.
Spoiler for Manga spoiler:
I can clearly hear the guitar in the OP. It's the ED that makes me wonder if I'm listening to Mio too much as I tend to hear the bass the most when I'm listening to songs.

Or maybe I'm just insane. I'm not used to playing with effects. Or electric guitars. -coughs-

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 10:42   Link #43
5cm.per.second
SunnyEnvironmentGoneWrong

Yeah and other characters get their names from The Pillows. Lol so essentially what I wanted was girl-versions of these bands.
5cm.per.second is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 12:02   Link #44
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVD View Post
To be honest, I didn't even look at them playing the instruments for accuracy of if they were playing what we were hearing.... Especially when keytars remind me of Momoi Haruko.

- 2 0 0? I play it as 3 0 0. OTL
- I'm not familiar with keytars, but couldn't she have an effect for that sound that she could easily switch to with her left hand? Comparing the parts at 0:39 ~ 1:00-ish with the sweep and 0:26 ~ bit, they do all sound different.
- KyoAni could all be fcuking with us.
Spoiler for Manga spoiler:
I can clearly hear the guitar in the OP. It's the ED that makes me wonder if I'm listening to Mio too much as I tend to hear the bass the most when I'm listening to songs.

Or maybe I'm just insane. I'm not used to playing with effects. Or electric guitars. -coughs-
I haven't actually played it yet at all so I just took a wild guess and said 2 0 0 XD

I suppose it's possible that she could do that. A lot of keytars do have buttons that just play an effect, which I think the buttons on the neck are for. That, and you can obviously use two hands to play different things with a keytar (though it's a bit awkward) so that might explain the sweeps as well.
vedicardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 16:10   Link #45
Scython

I want Mugi's keyboard to sound more symphonic instead of her more jazzy sound, like here at 4:00 and 4:24. In the ED she actually has that similar sound for 1 second, just before the main melody kicks in again (when it goes ''vrrrm''). But I guess it'll be a while till she has that much skillz.

Guitar sounds alright....still waiting for Ritsu's blastbeats. A man can dream.

But anyway I'm quite satisfied with the OP and ED as it is now. Only complaint is how they focus too much on cuteness instead of music.
Scython is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-18, 18:59   Link #46
Velrok

IMO both Op and Ed are just awesome. In detail :

Opening - Mostly with CoalGuys subs, they made subtitles really awesome, they're not as simple as they are in most cases, but instead they're concentrated on objects and there's nice variety on every line. Apart from that, music is really nice, scenes are interesting and I can't get bored of watching it. The only minus is actually music, it's not masterpiece but as I said it's just fine : )

Ending - Oh God, I love that one, music is just awesome, subs also (skilled hawks ftw!), and Mio in her outcome, when she is so proffessional and overcomes her fears - a-damn-mazing. I like scenes and how characters have been introduced. Also the idea not to show background characters and just focus on main ones : D.

Ost overall is quiet and fits in the atmosphere, it's just perfect for this kind of serie.
Velrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 15:09   Link #47
Fandal

Who is the real band which plays the OP/ED/and everything in between?
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 16:18   Link #48
stubby42

I love the opening, infact I'm petty sure I like it more than the end theme but I'll never understand the Japanese obsession with putting in random english phrases, it just seems odd.
stubby42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 17:09   Link #49
Amber.Dawn

It's not just the Japanese...

It sounds nice when done well, but sometimes, the English kinds of ruins it for me.
Amber.Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-19, 17:37   Link #50
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

It always puts a smile on my face
Old 2009-04-20, 03:49   Link #51
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by TubZ View Post
omg... the ED song kills it
It kills something alright.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 06:42   Link #52
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

The ED is decent
Old 2009-04-20, 11:26   Link #53
Bananoha
♨(ゝω・)v

I actually like the A side more than the B side for the OP/ED singles, though the B sides are still pretty interesting I guess.

OP single on the whole is definitely more fun for me to listen to. The ED is horribly boring without the actual animation to go along with it and I'm really not feeling Sweet Bitter Beauty Song. Which I find hilarious all the same because I prefer Hikasa's vocals to Toyosaki. I think they also mentioned that the ED was "just a bit erotic" on one of the more recent Rajion! episodes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post
Who is the real band which plays the OP/ED/and everything in between?
Wow, I think I'm blind. I can't seem to find them on the sleeves, unless it's part of the chunk of text on that back page that I'm way too lazy to actually look at. orz

It's weird because I usually see the instruments written in English and not katakana, so that should make it easier to at least know it's not the seiyuu. All I'm seeing and clicking in my mind is 歌 - 桜高軽音部/Song - Light Music Club.

…少し…頭冷やそうか…?
Bananoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 12:22   Link #54
DidCart

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubby42 View Post
I love the opening, infact I'm petty sure I like it more than the end theme but I'll never understand the Japanese obsession with putting in random english phrases, it just seems odd.
That's becouse you probably never saw a japanese trying to talk in portuguese.

Did you watch Lemon Angel Project?
Erika Campbell speaks portugese sometimes. It`s horrible!
DidCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 12:40   Link #55
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Does anyone know whether the OP and ED are going to be released today (April 21st)?
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 12:45   Link #56
Midonin
Last Engage

They technically release on the 22nd, but seem to have appeared early. I'll still hold out for the best version until I listen myself.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 21:24   Link #57
Amber.Dawn

Hmm? How come the ED is bad?
Amber.Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 21:30   Link #58
Peanutbutter

320 is enough for me.

Spoiler for OP:

Spoiler for B-side:

Spoiler for ED:

Spoiler for B-side:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-20, 22:50   Link #59
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

Hot damn, that's quality.
Old 2009-04-21, 00:14   Link #60
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

Just got myself a copy of both singles.
Hot damn! I love the "Sweet Bitter Beauty Song"!