AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Old 2011-04-15, 17:16   Link #1001
AP24

So far this is my favorite of the season.

When I found out the type of character Aria is like, I knew that Rie Kugimiya would be voicing her. There is no one better to voice her since Rie's voice fits her prefectly. Also, I wonder if Kinji and Aria's relationship will be very much like Ryuji and Taiga's from Toradora, since the VAs are the same.

It's only been 1 episode so far, so there isn't much to see. But we can expect to see more in the next episodes. The thing about animes that are based on light novel series is that it's better to watch all the episodes adapted from vol 1 first before giving real opinions. So, I am looking to forward to see more episodes.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 18:04   Link #1002
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
*places hand over shoulder*

sorry, a few pages back before here, i already DID claim her
*places iron claw over face*

You didn't forget my perverted Shirayuki tirades several pages back, did you?

I'd be a slave to Shirayuki's big ones!

mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 18:48   Link #1003
Archmagination2002

I wouldn't be surprised if that they are waiting for episode 4 or 5 for to explain the reason why Kinji wants to leave Butei High School. One of the most interesting dynamics in this series how Kinji interacts with everyone(especially Aria).

How he is deliberately making himself obtuse and blind in certain area's to protect himself. Example: Shirayuki going all out in the morning(breakfast/cleaning,etc) and hanging on his every word, but Kinji (deliberately) thinking that its just a clingy friendship. When he noticed her black bra thats when he pulled himself back and put his blinders firmly back on.. he knows going down that route is not an option for him because of Histeria Mode.(Hopefully the anime will explain more on his history.. its actually very interesting.)

BTW: Its been a long time since I have seen such a strong male protagonist in the harem genre.. Kinji has wide ranging skills, decent intelligence and most importantly knows what his limitations are. Thats just him in his normal mode btw.
Archmagination2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 18:58   Link #1004
UltimaWolf
~Nani...?~

Just finished watching the first episode and like Archmagination2002 said, it is nice seeing a good male protagonist. Plus Rie voicing the main heroine is a plus too . Giving me Toradora! and Shana vibes, which is a good thing imo. Looking forward to next weeks episode and seeing all the characters interacting more!
Old 2011-04-15, 19:03   Link #1005
tsunade666

Well Kinji is trained in various way by Assault. So even in his normal mode he had various skill to show though while in Hysteria Mode. Everything just change. Though for this series. That's the most normal ability ever.
Old 2011-04-15, 20:03   Link #1006
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Well .. I found this quite entertaining .. Not sure what's with the negative reviews here. Also I'm glad JCStaff animated this one so it wasn't filled with stupid fanservice panty shots even in places where they '' should '' have been. Only one flaw .. And that is, choosing KugiRie to voice her. She used to be my favourite Seiyuu but when she voices 1-2 shows each season and all characters are alike .. yeah, it's getting really old.
Old 2011-04-15, 20:25   Link #1007
Dralha

Spoiler for Episode 1:
Old 2011-04-15, 20:29   Link #1008
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i had a feeling this would be this season's IS (ie: trash) but i'm glad i was wrong. looks fairly solid. but tsundere is annoying..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 20:43   Link #1009
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimaWolf View Post
Just finished watching the first episode and like Archmagination2002 said, it is nice seeing a good male protagonist. Plus Rie voicing the main heroine is a plus too . Giving me Toradora! and Shana vibes, which is a good thing imo. Looking forward to next weeks episode and seeing all the characters interacting more!
Toradora especially since our male leads are voiced by the same person. This is Shana + ZnT with a little Toradora thrown in.
Old 2011-04-15, 20:44   Link #1010
Forsaken_Infinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Well .. I found this quite entertaining .. Not sure what's with the negative reviews here. Also I'm glad JCStaff animated this one so it wasn't filled with stupid fanservice panty shots even in places where they '' should '' have been. Only one flaw .. And that is, choosing KugiRie to voice her. She used to be my favourite Seiyuu but when she voices 1-2 shows each season and all characters are alike .. yeah, it's getting really old.
Sorry but a horribly generic show is going to get negative reviews, whether you like it or not. Specially when this season has some promising shows that set the bar pretty high up.
Also, there is literally no place where a pantsu "should" be. It's always a bonus.
And there is nothing wrong with choosing the best known voice for the character type. Its funny that you find something wrong with KugiRie voicing the character type she is most known for but ponder why people would give this generic show negative reviews.
Forsaken_Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 20:50   Link #1011
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
It would be more plausible if she's using a wakizashi with a lenght of 30 - 60 centimeters. But even soo....... when I look at the illustration of Aria in the novel and her weapon of choice. It's just out of size. Her height is 142 centimeters though I'm not sure but it's around 140 cm. If you estimate her back or shoulder to her lower back.... it still looks to long for her.

I just think it's the aerospace hammer thing or her other ability as a
Spoiler:
. It just seems out of place.

I'm no good at gun models but his gun is a burst and a semi-automatic. I;'m aching to ask this but why was his gun
Spoiler:
To be honest, it may not even be a wakizashi.....could be some mass production nihonto which they shortened for her size. Like standard issue combat knives.

Quote:
Nono, what I meant is that... Well, my personal gaming experience is that M92F is kind of a 'Level 1' basic weapon, if you know what I mean. It's The stuff that mooks use...
When it comes to pistol combat, who shoots fastest and most accurately is more importanat than the pistol itself.
Old 2011-04-15, 21:06   Link #1012
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Neither am I; I just watch alot of TV and play alot of games.

But a M92F? That's kinda... Standard isn't it?
the 92F is standard for most units, be it police or armed forces in a country. hell you dont even see a M1911 on a combat unit or police squad except for detectives, NCOs and officers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
It would be more plausible if she's using a wakizashi with a lenght of 30 - 60 centimeters. But even soo....... when I look at the illustration of Aria in the novel and her weapon of choice. It's just out of size. Her height is 142 centimeters though I'm not sure but it's around 140 cm. If you estimate her back or shoulder to her lower back.... it still looks to long for her.

I just think it's the aerospace hammer thing or her other ability as a
Spoiler:
. It just seems out of place.

I'm no good at gun models but his gun is a burst and a semi-automatic. I;'m aching to ask this but why was his gun
Spoiler:
wait, so you want it to be a ninjato or something equal to a wakizashi? well it depends on the TLer's preferences, but for it to be concealed, it should not protrude and its probably a custom wakizashi (there are some cases a katana exceeds its original length but i wonder if that is true) or a real kodachi for that matter.

in the novels, his 92F was illegally modded.
Spoiler for Kinji's 92F:

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoakeNoHikari View Post
An M-92F to be exact. With 9mm parabellum ammo.

To make it clear, I'm not a gunji otaku, I just remember this from the novel.
9mm is a standard worldwide amongst police and armed forces. combat tier units mostly use the 92F for its gun and even the JSDF units use 9mm. some people liek other guns for its size. i wont be surprised if a female combat operative has a reserve P99 strapped to her thigh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Kinji uses a Five-SeveN? Interesting... Though the only time I liked that gun was when I'm playing splinter Cell Conviction.
5.7 is good at punching through armor.

@Mangatron: *points shotgun to face* oh no no no, you must have made a mistake. check even moar pages back... and you see she claimed MIEN. even tsunade warned me that i'd be tasting cold, tamagahane steel tho.
Old 2011-04-15, 22:01   Link #1013
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Well .. I found this quite entertaining ..
I think that's the keyword here, entertaining. It's a comedy so if we try to make sense out of everything, it'll probably end miserably.

With it being in the harem and comedy categories, it's expected to be generic.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 22:19   Link #1014
karuroso

hmm... setting way too ridiculous, generic as hell, irritating Kugumiya loli and the mc is horrible most of the time until he snaps >_> but the action was enjoyable as well was the mc when he turns into a pimp, i don't like to sound like a ass but i'm really failing to see why this series seems popular, since this ideia of girls + guns was used several times before...i hope this becomes better
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 22:22   Link #1015
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuroso View Post
hmm... setting way too ridiculous, generic as hell, irritating Kugumiya loli and the mc is horrible most of the time until he snaps >_> but the action was enjoyable as well was the mc when he becomes a pimp, i don't like to sound like a ass but i'm really failing to see why this series seems popular , since the ideia this ideia was used several times before...i hope this becomes better
Because an anime doesn't need to be original to be entertaining? The episode was a good adaptation of it's material and it kept me watching without boring me at any points. I don't know what else I'm supposed to want from an anime but that's all I really look for. Originality is overrated.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 22:27   Link #1016
Raiga
tl;dr

Mmm... at least from the first episode, I'm not liking Aria as much as I liked Shana and Taiga. Can't quite put my finger on it. I think it's just something to do with the setup and how she was introduced. :\

That said I had fun and the gun action was great, so I'll be sticking with this for a bit and hopefully the characters will grow on me.
Old 2011-04-15, 22:28   Link #1017
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

The episode got me pretty hooked here as well. Especially when the protagonist snaps turning into a complete..... I don't know how to describe him in that phase The animation with guns also has a good point that gets me attached to it. Especially since the guns are mostly about katanas and handguns
Old 2011-04-15, 22:44   Link #1018
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
@Mangatron: *points shotgun to face* oh no no no, you must have made a mistake. check even moar pages back... and you see she claimed MIEN. even tsunade warned me that i'd be tasting cold, tamagahane steel tho.
*drops a Tsar bomba on ZeKeR*

Actually my friend, I took the liberty of going through both of our post history's (bite me) and your claim was laid on this month on the 3rd. While it may seem like a joke, my claim was laid on April Fools Day

I am teh winrar!

*mangatron runs to a faraway place princess-carrying his Shirayuki and lays Blue Peacock's along his tracks*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
With it being in the harem and comedy categories, it's expected to be generic.
It is unfortunate the harem category is frowned upon these days. Can't we enjoy the other aspect of this series? Like... we have detectives who don't fuss over the paperwork, instead they solve crimes with weapons! I for one am content with that fact
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-15, 23:10   Link #1019
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
That's got to be lamest opening to a story I've ever seen.

And I can't believe they tried to do Speed on a fucking bicycle.
I know right?! I was thinking the exact same thing! What kind of normal, everyday bike goes that fast, let alone makes those kinds of noises? Talk about over the top nonsense.
Old 2011-04-15, 23:16   Link #1020
Midonin
Last Engage

That's the best kind of nonsense.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, guns, harem, loli, romance, school life, shounen, tsundere