AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-08-14, 04:25   Link #141
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
Yeah. "It'd be impossible for a normal doctor like me to date such a grand spirit!" or something to that effect, . Though Jude definitely isn't normal by any means, what with him fighting Gaius based on the third video and all. Intense.
And to think it's very likely the scene against Gaius is just at the climax of the first half of Xillia... It's not unlikely that he'll double his level in Badass further than his duel against Gaius.

Quote:
Wouldn't say this is official but that's what's out. The arrow pointing from Jude to Milla means longing, yearning, or admiration. At this point, it might be one-sided for the most part. But hey, I can dream.
Since when has their kind of potential romance started off by anything other than a one-sided crush in the beginning?

Yeah, sometimes it never works out at all, especially when the series has a designated potential fallback childhood female friend in Leia... but it sometimes does.

We can hope.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 04:38   Link #142
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Since when has their kind of potential romance started off by anything other than a one-sided crush in the beginning?

Yeah, sometimes it never works out at all, especially when the series has a designated potential fallback childhood female friend in Leia... but it sometimes does.

We can hope.

You and I usually have the same taste in pairings, but this time my bet is that they would go down the Grace route

Lets see how it goes
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 05:37   Link #143
Westlo
Lets be reality

I'll be surprised if he wasn't paired with Milla....
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 06:10   Link #144
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I'll be surprised if he wasn't paired with Milla....
Seriously? Is it that obviously ?

I haven't been following the development of this game closely... I figured no point in torturing myself if I don't even know when (if ever) this would come out in English
Old 2011-08-14, 06:19   Link #145
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Seriously? Is it that obviously ?

I haven't been following the development of this game closely... I figured no point in torturing myself if I don't even know when (if ever) this would come out in English
Everyone wants it so! But both are the main characters as you get to choose between starting the main story in the point of view of Jude's or Milla's. And various other stuff that contributes to so many shipping them... there was also this talk of how Milla, at first, thinks Jude as a nuisance and he does not in fact fall in love with her at first sight but also possibly implying he does at some point later. This was on that limited edition Symphonia CD.

Also, here's a little conversation between Jude and Alvin on their bed times.

Spoiler for Alvin and Jude:
Old 2011-08-14, 06:42   Link #146
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Everyone wants it so! But both are the main characters as you get to choose between starting the main story in the point of view of Jude's or Milla's. And various other stuff that contributes to so many shipping them... there was also this talk of how Milla, at first, thinks Jude as a nuisance and he does not in fact fall in love with her at first sight but also possibly implying he does at some point later. This was on that limited edition Symphonia CD.
What I mean by 'obvious' is as in does their characters suit each other or something which makes everybody a shipper But hey, 'everybody' can't be wrong right ? Curious about this 'various other stuff' though...

But what about Leia? That Character introduction video on the other page seems to have something hinted in that direction...

Quote:

Also, here's a little conversation between Jude and Alvin on their bed times.

Spoiler for Alvin and Jude:
That's good, at least he doesn't need someone to explain that... You know how clueless some protagonists are...
Old 2011-08-14, 07:04   Link #147
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
What I mean by 'obvious' is as in does their characters suit each other or something which makes everybody a shipper But hey, 'everybody' can't be wrong right ? Curious about this 'various other stuff' though...
To be entirely fair... there's really not much we can go by in terms of shipping, really. There's a lot of hints, 2nd hand information and bits here and there that are speculation fuel, but the obviousness is really more of the fact that they're the main protagonist, they're often featured together ( well, the games play from their perspective after all ), they look good together... and coming off the
Spoiler:
Vesperia and
Spoiler:
Graces, I guess the fans I would prefer something different.

And I won't lie, Star Crossed Mayfly December Romances, especially when the older side is the girl and Cthulhu is one of my favourites in romantic storytelling because the diversity that it can go is... very dynamic.

It can be as cute as it can be tragic.

Quote:
But what about Leia? That Character introduction video on the other page seems to have something hinted in that direction...
Well, I suppose if goes three-ways, if we really want to look at it.

Milla has the main heroine factor. That always has a significant weight to it.

Leia has the childhood friend factor. Childhood friends are always the victor whenever romance is secondary to the main hero/heroine dynamic. Furthermore, I guess Leia has the Farah Oersted feel to her in terms of childhood friend feel... and Farah won in Eternia. ( not that there were other competitors for it... )

And Elise, resident loli has expressed significant attachment ( friendship kind... so far, mind you ) to Jude. And Jude has the "I'm protecting her" subplot, I guess.

And then there's Tippo...

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2011-08-14, 08:58   Link #148
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
To be entirely fair... there's really not much we can go by in terms of shipping, really. There's a lot of hints, 2nd hand information and bits here and there that are speculation fuel, but the obviousness is really more of the fact that they're the main protagonist, they're often featured together ( well, the games play from their perspective after all ), they look good together... and coming off the
Spoiler:
Vesperia and
Spoiler:
Graces, I guess the fans I would prefer something different.
Ah Vesperia... My first real experience with the JRPG genre (I had alot of fake ones)... And it had not official "beyond-a-doubt"pairing... In a series that has pairing everywhere it just happens to me on my first experience >.>

Graces, I can't really say anything because I'm still waiting to play it -_-

Quote:
And I won't lie, Star Crossed Mayfly December Romances, especially when the older side is the girl and Cthulhu is one of my favourites in romantic storytelling because the diversity that it can go is... very dynamic.

It can be as cute as it can be tragic.
Sadly, I don't share your enthusiasm for older girls

No offense

Quote:
Well, I suppose if goes three-ways, if we really want to look at it.

Milla has the main heroine factor. That always has a significant weight to it.

Leia has the childhood friend factor. Childhood friends are always the victor whenever romance is secondary to the main hero/heroine dynamic. Furthermore, I guess Leia has the Farah Oersted feel to her in terms of childhood friend feel... and Farah won in Eternia. ( not that there were other competitors for it... )
I tend to place an illogically high importance of age gap when it comes to supporting pairings... I just can't help myself So in this case, it's not so much of the childhood friend factor, it's just a matter of numbers...

...At least, until we learn more about the game.

Quote:
And Elise, resident loli has expressed significant attachment ( friendship kind... so far, mind you ) to Jude. And Jude has the "I'm protecting her" subplot, I guess.

There's not a doubt in my mind that Elise is out of the picture... When was the last time the loli-child character won the race ?
Old 2011-08-14, 14:04   Link #149
Excorsism

Quote:
And then there's Tippo...
I'd say Tippo has the biggest chance right now. Jude and Tippo get so much exposure together and Jude happens to be Tippo's biggest chew toy, you can't go wrong there!
Old 2011-08-16, 16:03   Link #150
Excorsism

New video skit with a slight brief description of the link mode. Translation in the spoilerz.

Spoiler for Link Modo:

New DLC swimsuits

Spoiler for Swimsuits:

Attachments

Spoiler for Attachments:

Milla looks pretty good and it looks like you can change the colors of the attachments.

Last edited by Excorsism; 2011-08-18 at 17:54.
Excorsism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 00:25   Link #151
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

I guess the attachments will also be DLC only? I really hate the DLC system. Theoretically, the DLC system is a good idea for the developer to make a patch or two when there's a glitch or two in the game, but instead, nowadays it's used solely to leech our pocket nowadays ><.

Back on topic though, Milla's swimsuit costume looks nice, Leia's on the other hand, looks not that good.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 00:42   Link #152
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
I guess the attachments will also be DLC only? I really hate the DLC system. Theoretically, the DLC system is a good idea for the developer to make a patch or two when there's a glitch or two in the game, but instead, nowadays it's used solely to leech our pocket nowadays ><.

Back on topic though, Milla's swimsuit costume looks nice, Leia's on the other hand, looks not that good.
It's unknown at this point exactly how much vanity items will be available through normal means which is a real shame. I honestly hope Namco doesn't decide to follow the current DLC trend either, that's just way too much money to spend, . Here's hoping there is an adequate amount of in-game costumes and other bonuses that we can get via game time and not real life money.
Old 2011-08-17, 13:34   Link #153
Excorsism

Looks like there's a price cut for the PS3 bundles in Japan. Meaning the ToX X edition bundle is also getting about a 5000 yen price cut...

Source: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/201...3_jpn_pricing/

I hope the store I ordered from reflects that change too, I'd love to save some money on the console!

Also, picture of Milla and Jude's Hi-ougi. Kinda hate how Namco loves to reveal everything about the game before it's out but I can't keep my eyes away!

Spoiler for Shiny:
Old 2011-08-17, 14:46   Link #154
LostSome

Jude`s swinsuit is the same as Lloyd in ToS or am I imagining things ?

I needed a reason to play ToS anyway.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 16:27   Link #155
GDB

Quote:
I honestly hope Namco doesn't decide to follow the current DLC trend either, that's just way too much money to spend, . Here's hoping there is an adequate amount of in-game costumes and other bonuses that we can get via game time and not real life money.
Yeah, seriously. I have no intention of buying any DLC except the absolute most awesome stuff, which so far I can't really recall any that meets those requirements. Not when I'd either have to make the eventual ToV patch unusable or buy another PS3 to do it, anyway.

On that note, I hope the game doesn't have a built-in firmware update requirement.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 09:36   Link #156
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

The new character PVs are really hilarious in hindsight.

Alvin/Leia: You mind we joining the party?

Jude: .... not really ...

Milla: More the merrier?

Old 2011-08-18, 15:29   Link #157
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Kiraboshi!
Star Driver Costumes, read more on andriasang.com

Wow we have a sub forum for a game series, now that is something new.
Spoiler for Was this one already uploaded too?:
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 17:56   Link #158
Excorsism

Spoiler for Leia PV:

Spoiler for Alvin PV:

Quote:
The new character PVs are really hilarious in hindsight.

Alvin/Leia: You mind we joining the party?

Jude: .... not really ...

Milla: More the merrier?
Alone time with Milla gone, .
Old 2011-08-18, 20:05   Link #159
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Hmm, unlike in graces, leia doesn't seem to have obvious crush on Jude. Won't know for sire till I played the game though.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 20:54   Link #160
Excorsism

Spoiler for Time:

So it looks like Tales of Xillia will clock in 50 hours for the main story. A little disappointed at the length, I'm a sucker for long RPGs.