AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2006-09-27, 17:15   Link #1181
alphabetsoup

I feel really dumb for asking this, but I saw this icon at another forum, and it's been really bugging me who it is:

Thanks to anyone who can identify it XD;
alphabetsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-27, 18:10   Link #1182
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeybiscuit
I feel really dumb for asking this, but I saw this icon at another forum, and it's been really bugging me who it is:

Thanks to anyone who can identify it XD;
Looks like Komugi from Nurse Witch Komugi.
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 22:08   Link #1183
Ziv

I saw this on AMV hell 3

the series seems to involve a chick with a halo violently killing some guy repeatedly. One scene showed her mashing his balls into paste with a spiked club, another showed her use the club to obliterate the top half of his head. Can anyone tell me where it's from?

Spoiler for big image?:
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 22:12   Link #1184
rooboy
Umeboshi!

That's Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan.

EDIT: Gosh I haven't watched that in a long time.
Old 2006-09-28, 23:11   Link #1185
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Need help in refreshing my porous memory.

I recall an anime in which there are two green-haired sisters. Their family owns a hospital. The busty long-haired one loves to make hotpot, and it is common for them to have a hotpot meal on the school roof during their lunch breaks.

It's been bugging me.

Cheers.
Old 2006-09-28, 23:23   Link #1186
rooboy
Umeboshi!

That's the greatness of Moe and Mako from Da Capo (first and second season, though they get marginally more time in the first one).

Wow, I'm on a roll tonight.
Old 2006-10-02, 12:58   Link #1187
kurapica11001
black list hunter

can some one please tell me what anime this characters from?
i've been serching for weeks now i really want to watch the anime....
i tried posting on a few diffrent forums too but no one knew what anime he was from ~_~
i asked a while back but it doen't seem like alot of people read this post or is it cuz no one knows what anime he's from?

its driving me crazy not knowing witch anime he's from

kurapica11001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 13:04   Link #1188
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Are you sure he's in an anime? That doesn't look like anime art - it looks like ero-game art (or possibly a manga cover).
Old 2006-10-04, 07:47   Link #1189
Sixth
Hu Tao

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...me.php?id=3170

About Yamato Takeru, where can I buy this series?and what is the subtitle?

and what is the name of that pink hair girl? Please help to indentify her...

Ma Horoba
Kushinaga
Amatsumi
Shaman
Kiriomi
Manta
Namuji
Yamato Yoshio
Mark
Tsukuyomi
Asuka
Ouka
Roka
Oto Tachibana
Yamato Kaoru
Hayamika
Mikazuchi
Yamato Takeru
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 15:46   Link #1190
MrMcNugget

http://i12.tinypic.com/35389ec.jpg

Which anime is this person from?

sorry that it's small but it's the only one I could find of it!!
and it looks like the person has brownish ahir :P

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-10-05 at 02:32. Reason: reduced extra image size
MrMcNugget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 16:02   Link #1191
MrMcNugget

Who is this

Which anime is this person from? I'm only asking here because asking on the other takes TOO LONG!!! plz :P

http://i12.tinypic.com/35389ec.jpg

Last edited by xris; 2006-10-05 at 04:48.
Old 2006-10-04, 17:14   Link #1192
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I dun no about everyone else, but on my screen that pic is all white except for a tiny thumbnail which could be anybody.
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-04, 23:30   Link #1193
hooliganj
Team Player

It's hard to see in that tiny, pixelated image, but it looks like Elie, from Rave.
hooliganj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 02:27   Link #1194
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quite hard to make it out indeed, but I think you've got it! Kudos for figuring it out from such a tiny (and blurry) picture. I tried and failed.

Elie from Groove Adventure Rave. For comparison, here's a better picture of her:

Face, hair and even shirt match.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2006-10-05 at 02:38.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 07:44   Link #1195
Sofox

Okay, so there was this series I watched years and years ago (early 90s probably). It was animated, it had a continuing plotline (lost two attempts to watch it from begining to end) and while I don't know specifically if it was animé or not, it had a strong atmosphere that could shift between gentle and fun, dark and threatening or faciful and dreamlike.
Since the show had no apparent status quo, and I'm not sure how events moved forward, I'll tell you what I remember. It seemed to be set in the early 1900s, they had planes, but were of an old "Biggles" era design, something about the setting reminded me of England (green fields, old aircraft, classic cars), but it could just have been inspiration for the series me just associated it with something farmiliar.
It centred on this girl. I can't remember the exact sequence of events but early on she crashes a plane and ends up in hospital (I think it was sabotage, with her friends taking their own back on the villan by putting rocket fuel in his plane, letting he watch from the window. The scene is played pretty comically with the guy yelling as the plane goes out of control in a "Dastardly" sort of way.). In another episode she meets Pinnochio who brings here to Leonardo da Vinci. As the series progressed, it became more dreamlike with her going through some sort of fantasy world accompanied by a flying, talking cat with a cap and propellor on his head. (The cat she rescued from drowning [he didn't speak or fly yet] while she was apparently in a wheelchair).
There were some more threatening aspects to the show too, including this dark clould with red eyes that early on, killed this doctor by getting him out of his car and surrounding him. As he struggles against it, we cut to a rainy doorstep where a friend is informed of his death (The scene made an impression on my young mind as it was so ominous and fearful).

So, if anyone knows anything about this series, let me know. Thanks.
Sofox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 19:05   Link #1196
MrMcNugget

Which anime is this girl from, someone plz reply quickly!!

or use this link if you cant see picture
http://i12.tinypic.com/2dr9i1c.jpg
Old 2006-10-05, 19:13   Link #1197
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcNugget
Which anime is this girl from, someone plz reply quickly!!

or use this link if you cant see picture
http://i12.tinypic.com/2dr9i1c.jpg
Inoue Orihime from Bleach.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orihime_Inoue
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-05, 22:40   Link #1198
Ziv

I saw this AMV at my anime club, I missed the title and I don't have any pics, but I figure the plot is bizzare enough that someone must know what it is from this description. It seemed pretty old by the animation style/quality. It seemed like an OVA, but I couldn't tell since it was shown in AMV form.

The plot is as follows:

This city is being attacked by a giant eyeball monster. The monster looks like a giant plant with tentacles near the ground, and a huge eyeball at the top. The eyeball monster sends out several small flying eyeball monsters who terrorize the people. Just as a group of them are about to kill a girl who is kneeling over the corpse of her mother/older sister, a dude with spiky metal shoulder pads and fancy sunglasses comes out and kills them all. The eyeball monster then sends down this purple light which materializes into a person with purple hair and an eyeball mask. This person throws the sunglasses dude through several buildings, and then impails him on a spear. The scene switches to some sort of underground facility where a person gets out of a vat of liquid. The person running the machines hands a pair of sunglasses to the person in the liquid, who it turns out is the sunglasses guy.

now the coup de grace. The girl who was saved by the sunglasses dude is praying in a chapel. Just then, a bunch of the small flying eyeball monsters rush in and abduct her. She is absorbed into the giant eyeball monster. The camera shows a giant glowing yellow ring around the earth, which moves up toward the top of the earth, shrinks into a point, and blasts down on the earth as a beam. The chapel is engulfed by the beam, and the statue of Jesus in the chapel begins to glow. Bishie Jesus emerges from the chapel and throws a rose through the purple-haired eyeball mask guy's face. He then uses a purple kamehameha on the giant eyeball monster. He staggers, and then grows angel wings and flys towards, and into the eyeball monster. The monster starts to wither, begins growing rose buds, and then explodes. The girl emerges from the monster unharmed. the end.

Last edited by Ziv; 2006-10-05 at 22:55.
Ziv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-06, 00:21   Link #1199

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiyochi
Edit: Oh, sorry, this should go into the identification thread. sorry.
delete this if needed. sorry again.
3.)
The setting is 2010 on Mar or moon, don remember. The main chars are 3 boys who each process a yoyo. Each of this yoyo can use to summon a robot. But the water element robot, can be only summoned when there is water around..and same theory apply to the wind yoyo and land yoyo.
I know the inquiry was made more than 2 years ago, but better late than never, they say...

Anyway, I believe this is 魔動王グランゾート, though some of the details don't match. IIRC, the land/fire element robot is summoned by firing a disc from a gun, so that it traces a six-point star within two concentric circles. The wind robot is summoned with a bow with no string; the string would only appear when there's wind. The water robot is summoned by spinning a top over some surface of water.

Each robot, when initially summoned, resembles a face (the fire/earth robot had a mustache), which then "unfold" itself into more humanoid form.

If none of these fit your memory, then you were probably thinking about another series.
Old 2006-10-06, 00:32   Link #1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korb
I'm looking for a series I heard about over on 4chan before it died. It was about a girl that comes to earth from space, but doesn't understand the customs and thinks she doesn't have to wear panties because somebody lied to her or something. The picture was kind of loli-ish and looked like she was in a junk yard. The characters were drawn cute and cartoonish, kinda like Rizelmine or Dokkoida. I realize this description kinda sucks, but it was months ago that I saw this, so some details above might be wrong. If anybody can tell me what series this was, it would be much appreciated, even if it's been licensed.
Again, perhaps better late than never. Are you thinking of DearS?

Tags
#unknown, anime, anime figure, comedy, ecchi., fantasy, find, game, gender bender, heroes, higurashi, identification, manga, movies, quotes, search, secret, tv shows, visual novel