AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2007-02-17, 00:14   Link #21
fto
Anime Forever

A couple simple ones... Sorry if already mentioned.

Mamoru-kun ni Megami no Shukufuku wo! (Comedy and Romance)
UFO Princess Valkyrie(Walkyrie) (Comedy and Romance)
Maburaho (Romance, Drama, Comedy, Magic)
Okusama Wa Mahou Shoujo (Drama, Romance, Comedy,Magic)
Nana (Romance, Drama, Music)
Ai Yori Aoshi (Romance, Drama, Comedy)
Air (Romance, Drama)
Da Capo (Romance, Drama, Magic) - Not my personal favorite, but you might like
Canvas 2 (Romance, Drama)
Ginban Kaleidoscope (Drama, Romance, Sport(Ice Skating to be exact))
Izumo -Takeki Tsurugi no Senki- (Drama, Romance, Fantasy, Martial Arts) - Has action in it so up to u
Iriya no Sora (Drama, Romance) - A short OVA of 6 episodes, but i really lilked
Kanon (Drama, Romance) - Personally like 2006 version more than other one.
Kimi ga Nozomu Eien (Drama, Romance) - Very depressing romance anime, but loved it. A lot of people hates it and likes it so up to you -Happy ending? not really
Lamune (Romance, Drama) - A relaxing Romance anime
Shuffle! (Romance, Drama, Magic, Harem) - Didnt really like how it ended, but thought it was ok
Tokimeki Memorial (Drama?, Romance) - On-going anime but i really like it.
Yume De aetara (Comedy, Drama, Romance) although 16 episodes, its only 7 minutes each. Yes that is short, but i really liked it.
fto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 02:45   Link #22
DanielSong39

Maison Ikkoku - From the 80's, but delivers in all three aspects.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 17:56   Link #23
SilverHead
School Rumble Addict

Okay that is good. I think that I have enough now ! lolll
a Big thanks to all of you
SilverHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 19:24   Link #24
FireDetei
Online Gamer.

Touch would probs be a good one. It has Romance, it has elements of comedy and is a drama, with a massive influence of Sport!

Its just over 100 eps long (over 10) and was released in the mid-80s. Don't let that deter you tho because its a great show

I'll second Midori no Hibi. Its a really good series and u really get into it.
FireDetei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-18, 22:56   Link #25
acidflower

I would recommend ouran and school rumble. both are school-type romances, which have a lot of comedy and they're both very good.

what i do NOT recommend is kimi ga nozomu eien. most overrated anime (romance) to hit the airwaves. do not waste your time with this, not only does it have so many loop holes, the actions of some of the characters will bewilder you.
acidflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 20:09   Link #26
altasking
Anime Otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to altasking
well i happen to know some ^_^ so happens no one has yet to say some of them yet ^_^
and some have bean sayen but im gonna say them all:

love hina
please teacher
shuffle
school rumble
flcl
inuyasha
dn angel
frute basket
boys over flowers
honey clover

there's some lol ^_^
altasking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-24, 22:54   Link #27
dKiWi
Devoted Haruhiist

Send a message via MSN to dKiWi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverHead View Post
Hello everyone,

I know that this may sound cheesy coming from a guy, but I really like Romantic comedy/drama anime.
Recently, I watched the first and second season of School Rumble and I so much enjoyed it... (frustrating at some time too... lol).
I also read on manga I'S and Video Girl AI from Masakazu Katsura and I'S was definitly my favorite romance manga of all time.

I would like to know if you guys have some really good romantic comedy/drama anime like the one I mentioned to suggest me.

I would prefer some *long* serie (like over 10 episodes please) and please I want it to have an happy ending if its possible ! lol

Im pissed off about School Rumble not because I dont like it (haha surely not) but because I really, but really, but REALLY dont like the dumb Tenma and Harima is still grabing her leg like a dog ! WHEN is he gonna give up on her to be with the nice ERI-chan
lol

So I would like to heard from you guys about some suggestions please

Thanks a lot for your help.
Hmmm juz wud like to comment that from your OP I believe you like Shounen romance, so REC probably will not work for you, since its a Seinen romance. And there is nothing wrong with liking romance as a guy, especially Shounen romance titles since they are specifically geared towards younger guys.

There are also alot of Josei titles flying around, like Nodame Cantabile, Honey & Clover and Bokura Ga Ita for example and a few Shoujo titles (Nana etc). Yes they are about romance, but if you dislike them its because of the "flavour". Seinen, Shoujo and Josei romance is very different from Shounen romance.

I personally don't really like any Shounen anime, but I'm surprised no one mentioned Ichigo 100%, supposedly a top example of its genre (Shounen harem, romance). Do give it a try since a few of my friends are mad raving over it ^^
dKiWi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 05:24   Link #28
altasking
Anime Otaku

Send a message via Yahoo to altasking
how can you say that "what i do NOT recommend is" kimi ga nozomu eien is an extreamley good anime series its the best romance anime i have seen .....its just wonderful a relay think its not overrated at all and that i mean loop holes, im going to set you state about this...first he starts off when his friend set him and the other girl up so they would go out but he doesdo it yet hes not that interested in her at the time and ends up apologizing and is gonna take her out and while she w8t'es one of his friend meets him in the middle of it and talked with him and its her birthday do he goes and gets her a present that a ring and then after that goes to meet her and finds out she's bean hit by a car and then she's at the hospital and went into a coma and 3 years go by and now hes dating his friend and after that she wants to move in with him and everything now he was a compleat wreck and she get his lie back to normal and he starts to visit his old girlfriend in the hospital after she woke up and has lost her memory and they play like it hasent gone by 3 years and this gets in the way of him and his new girlfriend and she wants him to not go c her ne more cus she thinks she is gonna lose him cus she realy loves him and so he dosent go c her 4 about 4 days then after that something comes up at his work and ces her sis and gets worried about her and goes to the hospital and finds out its nothing and this goes on 4 a while now him and his current girlfriend had an argument and she thinks she is just his replacement 4 his old girlfriend and runs of f and shes sad now he runs after her and she gets away now she is confused and dosent know what to do and ends up meeting some 1 from the past who takes her to a hotel and her friend see's them there and brakes it up and ends up fighting the guy and her and her riend go to his place and did it now she is realy confused and sad and cant go back to her boyfriend but he goes to her work to look 4 her and he is geting realy sick and ends up going home and falls to the ground and is about to pass out now she goes to c him again and starts to rehabilitate him and now he goes back to the hospital and ces her sister there and they go in and she blabers out about its bean 3 years and her sis goes back into the coma for about 3 days then walked up and remembers everything and now she asks if he has a girlfriend he says not at the moment but finds out he was dating her best friend and now she dosen't want to heart her or anything and now he tells her how he feels and everything now he goes and looks for his true love looks everywhere for her and finds her at the top of a hill looking down at the city and runs after her and tells her everything and that he loves her and wants to be with her for ever and after that she cry's and hugs him they hug and now his old girlfriend is starting her life over and getting better and its the end... now tell me whats wrong ? it seeams pritty clear to me ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidflower View Post
I would recommend ouran and school rumble. both are school-type romances, which have a lot of comedy and they're both very good.

what i do NOT recommend is kimi ga nozomu eien. most overrated anime (romance) to hit the airwaves. do not waste your time with this, not only does it have so many loop holes, the actions of some of the characters will bewilder you.
now tell me u dont like this anime its the best !!!!!
altasking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 05:58   Link #29
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by altasking View Post
how can you say that "what i do NOT recommend is" kimi ga nozomu eien is an extreamley good anime series its the best romance anime i have seen .....its just wonderful a relay think its not overrated at all and that i mean loop holes, im going to set you state about this...first he starts off when his friend set him and the other girl up so they would go out but he doesdo it yet hes not that interested in her at the time and ends up apologizing and is gonna take her out and while she w8t'es one of his friend meets him in the middle of it and talked with him and its her birthday do he goes and gets her a present that a ring and then after that goes to meet her and finds out she's bean hit by a car and then she's at the hospital and went into a coma and 3 years go by and now hes dating his friend and after that she wants to move in with him and everything now he was a compleat wreck and she get his lie back to normal and he starts to visit his old girlfriend in the hospital after she woke up and has lost her memory and they play like it hasent gone by 3 years and this gets in the way of him and his new girlfriend and she wants him to not go c her ne more cus she thinks she is gonna lose him cus she realy loves him and so he dosent go c her 4 about 4 days then after that something comes up at his work and ces her sis and gets worried about her and goes to the hospital and finds out its nothing and this goes on 4 a while now him and his current girlfriend had an argument and she thinks she is just his replacement 4 his old girlfriend and runs of f and shes sad now he runs after her and she gets away now she is confused and dosent know what to do and ends up meeting some 1 from the past who takes her to a hotel and her friend see's them there and brakes it up and ends up fighting the guy and her and her riend go to his place and did it now she is realy confused and sad and cant go back to her boyfriend but he goes to her work to look 4 her and he is geting realy sick and ends up going home and falls to the ground and is about to pass out now she goes to c him again and starts to rehabilitate him and now he goes back to the hospital and ces her sister there and they go in and she blabers out about its bean 3 years and her sis goes back into the coma for about 3 days then walked up and remembers everything and now she asks if he has a girlfriend he says not at the moment but finds out he was dating her best friend and now she dosen't want to heart her or anything and now he tells her how he feels and everything now he goes and looks for his true love looks everywhere for her and finds her at the top of a hill looking down at the city and runs after her and tells her everything and that he loves her and wants to be with her for ever and after that she cry's and hugs him they hug and now his old girlfriend is starting her life over and getting better and its the end... now tell me whats wrong ? it seeams pritty clear to me ...

now tell me u dont like this anime its the best !!!!!
...Is this post serious? I can't really tell because I'm not brave enough to get past the first couple lines.

I do agree with the other guy in that KgNE is really really horrible. And I hope you keep trying to convince others otherwise... cuz I think you're helping us.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-25, 22:00   Link #30
SilverHead
School Rumble Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dKiWi View Post
Hmmm juz wud like to comment that from your OP I believe you like Shounen romance, so REC probably will not work for you, since its a Seinen romance. And there is nothing wrong with liking romance as a guy, especially Shounen romance titles since they are specifically geared towards younger guys.

There are also alot of Josei titles flying around, like Nodame Cantabile, Honey & Clover and Bokura Ga Ita for example and a few Shoujo titles (Nana etc). Yes they are about romance, but if you dislike them its because of the "flavour". Seinen, Shoujo and Josei romance is very different from Shounen romance.

I personally don't really like any Shounen anime, but I'm surprised no one mentioned Ichigo 100%, supposedly a top example of its genre (Shounen harem, romance). Do give it a try since a few of my friends are mad raving over it ^^

Wow, that was a really good suggestion.
Thanks for telling me that Im probably a Shounen romance guy ! lol
I never really questionned myself about that ! lol

good to know :P
Ill try Ichigo 100%... thanks man
SilverHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-26, 09:48   Link #31
dKiWi
Devoted Haruhiist

Send a message via MSN to dKiWi
no prob dude!

And in related news, Viz Media has just (FINALLY) licensed Ichigo 100% manga and is going to be released under the title Strawberry 100%. I'm glad I held off buying the chinese-trans version ^^
dKiWi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 01:03   Link #32
legalcrimes
the underdog

O.K here is a list of my fav romance comdies/drama all top notch sorry if they been named
  • Lamune (focus is the relationship normal life based)
    Melancholy of Haruhi suzumiya
    Midori no Hibi (this one is really good funny but keeps the stoy)
    Zero's Familiar (there is to seasons watch both)
    Please teacher and please twins (both are great anime)
    Shuffle!(this one i could not stop watching)
    Chobits
    Love Hin
    Ouron host club (funny but still really good)
    REC(short and sweet)
legalcrimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 01:18   Link #33
mcruz1014
Eye Have You

Send a message via Yahoo to mcruz1014
I'd like to add Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora. Not really a pure romance/comedy, but is heavy on the romance and has some moments of comedy to keep the mood light. It's also only 6 episodes, so it doesn't take up much of your time.

Hope I could help
mcruz1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 12:05   Link #34
Solafighter
Hige

My suggestion would be Onegai Twins.

My top romance/drama anime at the moment.
Old 2007-12-31, 22:50   Link #35
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

I know just what you mean about Sukuran. Unfortunately, Harima will never see Eri as anything but a wall until twinkly Tenma is removed from his sight and Kobayashi stops hitting the reset button and using foils like Yakumo.

My highest recommendation for romance that actually goes somewhere is Ai Yori Aoshi. Don't let the harem backdrop fool you. Kaoru's heart clearly belongs to Aoi and their romantic moments are superlative, so touching and moving in a way I've not seen outdone yet by any other anime.

Hana Yori Dango is another great one, though this is a long series that requires patience. One of the finest heroines I've seen to date, Tsukushi goes through hell with the F4 first until winning the heart of unlikely suitor, bad-boy Tsukasa, and their relationship goes through so many ups and downs and in and out turns before finally stabilizing, and that not without the opposition by the most powerful person Tsukushi would ever meet.

Cardcaptor Sakura is cute and cuddly, but it will be a mistake to identify this as geared towards a juvenile audience, as some of its themes, in particular gender identity, is very mature. This is not a title wherein one would have to suffer through some unappealing element just to get to the romance. This is a well crafted magical girl story that is even unto today is unsurpassed and THE BEST in the genre, rich with dynamic characters many of whom have hidden identities and agendas, but reward you with highly gratifying interrelationships. There's a fascinating love triangle that is broken with tenderness and grace that you become sympathetic to the third wheel. The gender confusion is resolved with a profound explanation of the source of one's interest in the other, clarifying that character's real romantic interest and in the end expressing that love in a very powerful and sacrificial way. That my friend is Cardcaptor Sakura, a deceptively simple and juvenile magical girl show.

SDF Macross TV - Ichijou, Misa, and Minmei. Need I say more?

I'll have to knock down some other suggestions though.

Elfen Lied - Come on. Is anybody actually serious about this as a recommendation for a romance anime?

Love Hina - The anime is pretty bad. But the manga is pretty good. The core of the story is a love-triangle that is formed as a result of memory lapses between the three chief characters. However, the real shining star isn't the couple who end up in love, but the losing member of that triangle who loves both of them so much that she gives her own chance away, and for that she'll always be one of my favorite fictional characters. This is told profoundly and in a very touching way in volume 10.

Ouran High School Host Club - Too much going on here and not enough reciprocation by heroine Haruhi.

SHnY - Currently one of my favorite anime titles but no serious romantic development has occurred yet between any of the characters

School Days - Let's get serious. This show preaches about the dangerous consequences of being a man whore. There's no romance going on here whatsoever, only heartbreak and eventually homicides.

Onegai Twins - I think its prequel Onegai Teacher is a more qualified entry as a romance recommendation. While there is some romantic attraction involved, Twins is more about familial identity than a budding romance between possible siblings. A more real, though somewhat disturbing depending on your cultural upbringing, entry as a romantic drama between siblings is Koi Kaze, which is a painful look at the inner struggles of a man and his confusion.

Chobits - It's an interesting title that is a tangent of if not a sequel to Angelic Layer. But this too deals more with identity issues rather than actually pursuing the development of a romantic relationship. It's main theme is can a human and robot actually share love. This topic is explored by contrasting student/teacher relationships, sibling relationships (which is where we have one of the two Angelic Layer tangents), and two other but failed human/robot relationships. I'd go with Angelic Layer for more positive romantic pairings.

Zero no Tsukaima - Saito is a cool stud. He's a romantic failure however for never choosing Siesta.

Ichigo 100% - Junpei suffers from the same indecision as Saito above. But if you stick with the manga and you were among those like me who favored the Nishino relationship, then you might find the thematic recapitulation interesting.

Midori no Hibi - This too I can't see seriously as a serious recommendation for romantic content. But it is somewhat funny and should you follow this, you'd need to follow the manga to get a satisfactory conclusion.

Bokura ga Ita - Another title involving a man whore and a fatality, though not necessarily a homicide. If you like man whores, then you'll think that Yano like School Day's Makoto is very cool. Otherwise, this wasn't worth watching the heartbreak Nanami goes through for a horny loser.

Honey & Clover - This is a good, fun anime. However one of the romances just did not go the way I wanted it to.

KGnE - Too many people here without resolve and courage to do what is right make this too much of a let down. Haruka lost too much to get shafted the way she did. The alternate retelling that goes in her favor is hopefully better.

Maburaho - I'm not sure this is even worth commenting on.
khryoleoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 07:38   Link #36
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

Quote:
Originally Posted by khryoleoz View Post
I know just what you mean about Sukuran. Unfortunately, Harima will never see Eri as anything but a wall until twinkly Tenma is removed from his sight and Kobayashi stops hitting the reset button and using foils like Yakumo.

My highest recommendation for romance that actually goes somewhere is Ai Yori Aoshi. Don't let the harem backdrop fool you. Kaoru's heart clearly belongs to Aoi and their romantic moments are superlative, so touching and moving in a way I've not seen outdone yet by any other anime.

Hana Yori Dango is another great one, though this is a long series that requires patience. One of the finest heroines I've seen to date, Tsukushi goes through hell with the F4 first until winning the heart of unlikely suitor, bad-boy Tsukasa, and their relationship goes through so many ups and downs and in and out turns before finally stabilizing, and that not without the opposition by the most powerful person Tsukushi would ever meet.

Cardcaptor Sakura is cute and cuddly, but it will be a mistake to identify this as geared towards a juvenile audience, as some of its themes, in particular gender identity, is very mature. This is not a title wherein one would have to suffer through some unappealing element just to get to the romance. This is a well crafted magical girl story that is even unto today is unsurpassed and THE BEST in the genre, rich with dynamic characters many of whom have hidden identities and agendas, but reward you with highly gratifying interrelationships. There's a fascinating love triangle that is broken with tenderness and grace that you become sympathetic to the third wheel. The gender confusion is resolved with a profound explanation of the source of one's interest in the other, clarifying that character's real romantic interest and in the end expressing that love in a very powerful and sacrificial way. That my friend is Cardcaptor Sakura, a deceptively simple and juvenile magical girl show.

SDF Macross TV - Ichijou, Misa, and Minmei. Need I say more?

I'll have to knock down some other suggestions though.

Elfen Lied - Come on. Is anybody actually serious about this as a recommendation for a romance anime?

Love Hina - The anime is pretty bad. But the manga is pretty good. The core of the story is a love-triangle that is formed as a result of memory lapses between the three chief characters. However, the real shining star isn't the couple who end up in love, but the losing member of that triangle who loves both of them so much that she gives her own chance away, and for that she'll always be one of my favorite fictional characters. This is told profoundly and in a very touching way in volume 10.

Ouran High School Host Club - Too much going on here and not enough reciprocation by heroine Haruhi.

SHnY - Currently one of my favorite anime titles but no serious romantic development has occurred yet between any of the characters

School Days - Let's get serious. This show preaches about the dangerous consequences of being a man whore. There's no romance going on here whatsoever, only heartbreak and eventually homicides.

Onegai Twins - I think its prequel Onegai Teacher is a more qualified entry as a romance recommendation. While there is some romantic attraction involved, Twins is more about familial identity than a budding romance between possible siblings. A more real, though somewhat disturbing depending on your cultural upbringing, entry as a romantic drama between siblings is Koi Kaze, which is a painful look at the inner struggles of a man and his confusion.

Chobits - It's an interesting title that is a tangent of if not a sequel to Angelic Layer. But this too deals more with identity issues rather than actually pursuing the development of a romantic relationship. It's main theme is can a human and robot actually share love. This topic is explored by contrasting student/teacher relationships, sibling relationships (which is where we have one of the two Angelic Layer tangents), and two other but failed human/robot relationships. I'd go with Angelic Layer for more positive romantic pairings.

Zero no Tsukaima - Saito is a cool stud. He's a romantic failure however for never choosing Siesta.

Ichigo 100% - Junpei suffers from the same indecision as Saito above. But if you stick with the manga and you were among those like me who favored the Nishino relationship, then you might find the thematic recapitulation interesting.

Midori no Hibi - This too I can't see seriously as a serious recommendation for romantic content. But it is somewhat funny and should you follow this, you'd need to follow the manga to get a satisfactory conclusion.

Bokura ga Ita - Another title involving a man whore and a fatality, though not necessarily a homicide. If you like man whores, then you'll think that Yano like School Day's Makoto is very cool. Otherwise, this wasn't worth watching the heartbreak Nanami goes through for a horny loser.

Honey & Clover - This is a good, fun anime. However one of the romances just did not go the way I wanted it to.

KGnE - Too many people here without resolve and courage to do what is right make this too much of a let down. Haruka lost too much to get shafted the way she did. The alternate retelling that goes in her favor is hopefully better.

Maburaho - I'm not sure this is even worth commenting on.
Ai Yori Aoshi would be to top choice like khryoleoz posted, its more a shy romantic anime and quite nice at times, although it has moments of being 2 girls fancying 1 boy but in this there is no man whore and it realizes that he truly love's Aoi.

Kimikiss- Pure Rouge - I would say this is quite romantic, well yeah its another school romance but this one is a little different.
The series has not ended yet as its on its 13th episode and the story is about a girl called "Mao" who comes back to her childhood place and meets her childhood friend Kouichi, it then goes around them together as friends with other people too,there is suttle hints that Kouichi fancies Mao and then latter on hints of Mao fancying Kouichi one of those best friends which should go into being a couple but may not as they both find partners.

Thats probably the best romance anime's i know of, but then you get the more comedy/romance like.

* Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
* Zero no Tsukaima (Its ok but something is annoying me about this being like harry potter which is not good)
* Maburaho (This is not that great its a bit different about girls wanting this guys gene but its quite bad)
* Chobits
* Shuffle! - (I have just bought this and the first few episodes are quite good)
* School Rumble
* Da Capo
ReizoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 13:07   Link #37
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

I forgot about Kimikiss. That's a nice one. We're uncertain yet of what the ultimate romantic pairings will be, as the title is right now playing with possible combinations. I'm hoping they will end with how the pairings began, especially since Kai, Yumi, and Eriko put in so much work to change themselves. I find myself very charmed by Mao with her design (braids), upbeat character, and Haruna Ikezawa's performance.

Video Girl Ai OVA is another great one I forgot. The OVA covers only the first few volumes of manga which you've already read, but the OVA is a great adaptation giving voice to our core characters.

Both Fruits Basket and Kare Kano take their time, and you'll have to follow the manga in order to get closure because the anime cuts off half-way through the stories. However, Fruits Basket is not without reason the best selling shoujo manga and Kare Kano I would say is equally as good.

The following series are shounen/shoujo comedies that do have fun romantic elements to them even though they're not entirely romance titles.

Ultra Maniac - Though the bulk of romantic development is given to secondary characters Ayu and Kaji, both of whom are interesting in how similar they are, the surprising and even more pleasing development occurs between Nina and Hiroki. Yeah, you'll have to sit through a lot of silly magical girl fluff, but Nina and Hiroki are a joy to follow.

Tenchi GXP - Though not too many people I know liked this one, I like it better than the original Tenchi Muyo!. Unlike Tenchi who has expressed no real interest in any of the members of his harem, Seina is clearly interested in Kiriko, and she loves him back. It's up to Ryoko and Amane to get in their way. I also enjoyed this better because it expanded the fascinating world of Tenchi Muyo that we only got glimpses of in the original OVAs.

Super Gals - A little preachy at times with their values themes. Still, this is a gem with fun stories, bright colorful animation, and an sugar sweet adorable coupling of former bad girl Miyu Yamazaki and her savior cop Yamato Kotobuki. Miyu has a rich back story that makes you really sympathize with her and understand the foundation upon which Miyu and Yamato's awesome relationship is built. The Mami and number 2 pairing is also cute. Be prepared to be frustrated with Aya and number 1 though. The anime follows the manga pretty well, but you'll have to read the last two volumes of the manga in order to get a highly satisfying epilogue that the anime doesn't get.

Gurren-Lagann - A very unique giant robot anime. The most unique I've seen between Macross, NGE, RahXephon, Dai Guard, Goddannar, Gunbuster, Gundam, Gravion, Voltron, Dual, Nadesico, etc.
khryoleoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 13:25   Link #38
devildog23
Summerlurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverHead View Post
Im pissed off about School Rumble not because I dont like it (haha surely not) but because I really, but really, but REALLY dont like the dumb Tenma and Harima is still grabing her leg like a dog ! WHEN is he gonna give up on her to be with the nice ERI-chan
lo

Thanks a lot for your help.
Hah I know exactly how you feel. I'm definitely cheering for Harima x Eri in the end. School Rumble is one of my favorites.

So back on topic, most of the good ones were suggested, but I have a few different suggestions.

If you want to laugh your brains out, like in School Rumble, try Seto no Hanayome. Lol watch it and prepare to feel sorry for the male lead, Nagasumi. It starts out with a bang and ends with a bang. Great series, with light drama, loads of comedy and romance. It is about a guy who is forced to marry a mermaid with a "yakuza" family. Sounds lame, but it is hilarious. I garantee that you'll laugh in the first episode.

Tenshi no Konamaiki fits the bill pretty well. It is very funny, with sprinkles of drama and romance. You might enjoy the comedy, but the art is weird as is the story.

Another one that wasn't suggested yet, Final Approach, which is a decent and underrated series. There is lots of comedy, some drama, and romance, though no definite couple at the end, which can be frustrating like in SR.

Seconding Da Capo, Kanon and Canvas 2. Hanbun no Tsuki something something for pure romance/drama, no comedy though.
devildog23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-01, 13:33   Link #39
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by devildog23 View Post
Another one that wasn't suggested yet, Final Approach, which is a decent and underrated series. There is lots of comedy, some drama, and romance, though no definite couple at the end, which can be frustrating like in SR.
I second Final Approach But The Problem The Anime Didn't Finish Yet...
I say Marmalade Boy ( Some much Romance..Drama...Some Comedy)
Old 2008-01-01, 15:27   Link #40
MamoruUsagi

These romance series have sex, dating, kissing,marriage, breakups, making out, pregnancies, dating and mature, serious relationships. The manga versions of these are much better.

Amazing romance manga, the couples are boyfriend and girlfriend, dating and in deep, committed relationships with kisssing, sex, marriage. Mature shoujo romance manga.

Mars is a mature romance manga, the couple is dating and in a deep, intimate relationship, they live together, have sex and explore each other's pasts.

The Devil Does Exist is an excellent, mature romance manga, the couple is boyfriend and girlfriend, dating and in a serious, mature relationship.

Fushigi Yuugi is an epic romance manga, the couple is dating and in an amazing, sweet relationship, the Fushigi Yugi manga is much better than the anime.

Wild Act A sweet romance manga, the couple is having sex, boyfriend and girlfriend, dating and in a sweet relationship.

Ayashi no Ceres Ceres Celestial Legend is a mature romacne manga, the couple has lots of scenes making out in hotel rooms, having sex, there's a pregnancy, a deep, steamy romance.

Kare Kano A mature romance series, deep relationship.

High School Debut The couple is boyfriend and girlfriend, dating and in a sweet relationship.

Sailor Moon Amazing romance. The couple gets married, has a child, is in a very longterm, committed, relationship.

Kare First Love The couple is dating and in a committed relationship, great realistic romance.

Happy Hustle High The couple is dating and in a sweet relationship.

Bokura ga Ita Great, realistic, deep romance.

Missile Happy! Sweet romance about a couple living together.

B.O.D.Y. Good romance.

Paradise Kiss Mature romance. Lots of kissing and sex.

Ultra Cute Sweet romance manga.

Black Bird is a manga with a couple in a romantic relationship the entire series.

Sand Chronicles is a mature romance.

Akuma De Sourou is a realsitic roamcne, the couple is datign and in a mature, serious relationship..

Fushigi Yugi manga is an amazing romance, the couple are engaged, have sex and have a deep relationship, especially in the manga.

Ceres Celestial Legend. In the manga, the couple is in a mature, sexual relationship. The couple makes out in hotel rooms, has lots of scenes kissing in bed, has a lot of sex scenes, moves in together, has a baby. The manga is intense, epic and the couple gets very steamy.

Peach Girl Manga is a realistic romance/drama.

Absolute Boyfriend The main couple is dating and in a relationship the entire series.

Bokura ga Ita
Happy Hustle High
Mars
Fushigi Yuugi
Kare Kano
Akuma De Sourou
Kare First Love
Paradise Kiss
The Devil Does Exist
Wild Act
Peach Girl
Absolute Boyfriend
Kare First Love
Fushigi Yugi
Ceres Celestial Legend
High School Debut
Bokura ga Ita
Black Bird
Marmalade Boy
Ultra Cute
Sensual Phrase
Sailor Moon
Missile Happy!
B.O.D.Y.
Sand Chronicles
Ayashi no Ceres
Land of the Blindfolded

Amazing romance with dating and relationships.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2010-11-01 at 12:34.
MamoruUsagi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, romantic comedy