AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-04-23, 07:57   Link #1
toru310

Can you burn a dvd using nero vission with only a 512 mb ram?

I just got my pc fix and sadly my rams are actually bad so I have them replaced with one 512mb ram... so With that ram can I still burn anime with nero vision express or will it crash?
toru310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 08:11   Link #2
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
You shouldn't have any problems there as I've created and burned DVD's through nero vision with only 256MB RAM and had no problems at all
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 09:37   Link #3
toru310

Really?? I mean the dvd that you can play in a dvd player? If so wow I thought the minimum ram is 1g..well I guess not..
Old 2007-04-23, 10:04   Link #4
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
you shouldnt have no trouble with it, i used to have 512 mb ram for 3 years untill i got a new car several weeks ago, even int hose 3 years Nero never had any trouble burning for me
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 13:37   Link #5
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
i used to have 512 mb ram for 3 years untill i got a new car several weeks ago
Yeah, I've seen those deals. Buy a new car and get 512 MB of RAM for free
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-23, 20:31   Link #6
toru310

Hehehe that's kind of weird... thanks just not sure if my 512 can handle this...it's a good ram..
Old 2007-04-23, 21:14   Link #7
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The RAM is just nice for the housekeeping (put these bytes here for a minute, okay now burn them on the disk). If the software needs more room than you have RAM available, it'll just use the hard drive as a temporary swap file area.

I will suggest you try to keep the operating system drive at least 25% free and defrag it once a week or more. If you're going to do a lot of DVD burning you might want an extra hard drive just for the space to store disk images and make it easier to organize your files and stuff.
Old 2007-04-23, 21:40   Link #8
Nagato
幻想郷

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The RAM is just nice for the housekeeping (put these bytes here for a minute, okay now burn them on the disk). If the software needs more room than you have RAM available, it'll just use the hard drive as a temporary swap file area.

I will suggest you try to keep the operating system drive at least 25% free and defrag it once a week or more. If you're going to do a lot of DVD burning you might want an extra hard drive just for the space to store disk images and make it easier to organize your files and stuff.
I chose non OS drive for cache, because I think it's better (use OS for cache shorten the disk "life span"), not sure though. Can some one explain about this, please.

For same reason, I also refrain from defragging the disk to often.
Old 2007-04-24, 02:54   Link #9
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Depends on the type of disk cache. Preallocated disk-caches like e.g. the Windows swap file (if used in fixed size) won't fragment clutter up your disk.
I'ld choose the drive that is not containing the data which is to be burned as caching drive. Because "parallel" read/writes on the same drive are quite stressy and very slow.
Old 2007-04-24, 07:49   Link #10
toru310

I hate that line...the it makes your hard drive stressy part gives me trauma and makes me worry....hehe

I should put all the caches in a non os hard drive? how can I do that in nero vision? what About if I partitioned it is that the same as putting it in a non os drive?? or it will be more stressy?

Side topic: Since I got my pc fixed my os hard disc is quite messy with all the crashes..I was thinking of reinstalling windows but this time I would be making a partition let's say I have a 40gb drive and split them in half...17gb ea maybe with the format included..So my question is will the hard drive become more stressy if it's partitioned? Because I was also thinking of making that non os partition for my bittorrent program and stuff...
Old 2007-04-24, 07:58   Link #11
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

Err I use Nero vision and use it on a laptop (Asus A3) until about a month ago I only had 512 in it, I've burned hundreds if not thousands of DVD's and CD's with no issues. Even my mum's dell with 256 has no issues.
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-24, 08:44   Link #12
toru310

Wow..I never tried to burn any dvd's with nero vision using my new ram so I'm not sure if it will crash...
Old 2007-04-24, 08:59   Link #13
Takeru
Jag äter idioter
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Takeru
The way that Nero works is that it uses your hard disk to first create a Disk Image in the Nero directory. Then, after creating an image, it burns said image onto your DVD-R(W) while promptly deleting the image after the burn.
So, I would say that RAM is not a problem, it's merely a matter of HD space. Then again, I am running a 40GB with 768MB of RAM on a 2.4GHz processor and VisionExpress4.
Old 2007-04-24, 14:34   Link #14
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migufuchi Fusutsu View Post
I hate that line...the it makes your hard drive stressy part gives me trauma and makes me worry....hehe
Hm, since I don't think you will prepare disk images 24/7 ignore the stress part in the context of harm. I just meant it is slower.

Quote:
I should put all the caches in a non os hard drive? how can I do that in nero vision? what About if I partitioned it is that the same as putting it in a non os drive?? or it will be more stressy?
No you need not (actually I'ld keep on the OS/system drive). I mean what else it used for usually?

Quote:
Side topic: Since I got my pc fixed my os hard disc is quite messy with all the crashes..I was thinking of reinstalling windows but this time I would be making a partition let's say I have a 40gb drive and split them in half...17gb ea maybe with the format included..So my question is will the hard drive become more stressy if it's partitioned? Because I was also thinking of making that non os partition for my bittorrent program and stuff...
Hm, if you think 17GB is enough for your system drive... Though if you consider to use an extra partition for BT... your logic is to have a safer system drive right? In that case I'ld suggest not to run BT apps on the same physical drive, since partitions are only logical compartments no physical ones. If your drives dies on the BT partition, its likely to be dead on the system partition too right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes_fan View Post
Err I use Nero vision and use it on a laptop (Asus A3) until about a month ago I only had 512 in it, I've burned hundreds if not thousands of DVD's and CD's with no issues. Even my mum's dell with 256 has no issues.
Thats right, usually drives have burn proof and such stuff, so it doesn't matter much if the data stream is not consistent.

Quote:
Wow..I never tried to burn any dvd's with nero vision using my new ram so I'm not sure if it will crash...
Well, someday you will have to try it
Old 2007-04-25, 01:04   Link #15
toru310

Well I guess I'll settle with no partitions then.