AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-01-02, 17:18   Link #3801
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

you supposed to not think about why they look similar that much .

only one that make sense Quatrine because she is test tube baby and Duo II because he is Father Maxwell son(?).

Kathrine is Relena grandmother so maybe translation error

kinda ironic consider original Heero the politician is hardly similar to Heero the pilot

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 19:13   Link #3802
Nanobreaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Spoiler for the first page of the timeline I translated::

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Here's the second page of the timeline. So far it's pretty much what I've outlined in the past... lol

Spoiler:
Wait a tic. Didn't Father say Jr would have been born about the time when he and Hilde were together? I thought I read that somewhere herein/in the few translations I've found. If this is the official timeline, then how is that possible?

This is so headache-inducing. @_@ I really hope the rumor that this story line is supposed to be a path to find the sequel (as opposed to being the definitive sequel) turns out to be true. (Even if for no other reason than that I don't want Hilde to be dead.)
Nanobreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-03, 14:04   Link #3803
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanobreaker View Post
This is so headache-inducing. @_@ I really hope the rumor that this story line is supposed to be a path to find the sequel (as opposed to being the definitive sequel) turns out to be true. (Even if for no other reason than that I don't want Hilde to be dead.)
Idk I found this to be easier to understand than anything I've read about FT in the past.
In any case much thanks Deacon for the timeline.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 10:58   Link #3804
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Here's the final update:

Spoiler:
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 13:49   Link #3805
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

So what we knew so far about gundam

Snow white have 2 buster rifle (possible 7 based on the theme and named aftr rainbow color..)

Warlock have 2 scyte. What is nanodefensor thing?

Scheherazade maybe actually sandrock succesor consider the name while prometheus is heavyarm sucessor becouse it have homing missile

Well thats my crack theory

Old 2012-01-04, 14:43   Link #3806
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Okay, let me get this straight.

We have random resource satellites with magic algae that can terraform a planet crashing into Mars, everyone deciding after the war that the Earth Sphere isn't cool anymore and emigrating to said magically terraformed place (which no one during the series mentions even remotely, although it obviously has been there for quite some years), Iria Winner opening a hospital in who knows where on Mars and Mrs. Darlian of all people checking in there for who knows what reason, Duo being completely and utterly random, Quatre stumbling upon a bunch of new, incomplete Gundams in his basement just before crap hits the fan (how convenient), some bullcrap chain of hatred continuing although in EW everyone agreed to peace, Noin's older brother, whose existence no one in the series mentions even remotely as well, becoming President of Mars under the name of a crazy, hated military leader everyone thinks is dead, Epyon somehow ending up on Mars with a crappy green arm after Zechs apparently hadn't had the brains to self-destruct it like the other pilots, Zechs being completely useless in general, what with going to Mars with Noin and having achieved JACK in stopping all the crap even though his Tallgeese Asspull can off 250 suits in one go, Quatrine using Gameshark, Phobos killing old fart Dixneuf which makes Zechs' ghost hologram produced by magic nanomachines do crazy stuff, not Relena but Catherine Bloom of all people becoming a MS pilot (what????)[edit: MS pilot trainer], a bunch of randoms declaring war because they were bored, ninjas injecting Relena with the PPP while she wasn't looking, resulting in her being frozen to prevent genocide because it totally makes sense to link the fate of 3 billion people (when the heck did they become so many?) to the lifespan of a 16, 17 year old girl and no one being able to do anything about it because apparently there's no one in the entire ESUN who doesn't have magic nanomachines up their ass, making Heero, who was shoved into a freezer, too, for who knows what reason the only viable option to carry out Operation Mythos, which is killing Relena, which in turn would mean the death of 3. Billion. People., including the effin' main cast, who are all helping him out for some seriously messed up reason instead of doing something sensible like continuing Hilde's research, Quatrine using her Gameshark again to summon 50 MD Maguanacs out of nowhere before playing Dance Dance Revolution in her MS and making a ninja escape, the Mars Feds using their Gameshark, too to have 500 MS show up out of the same nowhere, all to boost eventual model kit sales (seriously, wtf were Zechs and Noin doing?!), Relena popping in and out of places randomly asking for her own death (which would result in 3 billion people dying!), Heero shedding manly tears, and a lot more MS appearing out of thin air to be used as cannon fodder by our beloved Disney princess Gundam. Which is still in a freaking cloak!

In short:

Spoiler for FT in a nutshell:

*sigh* Now that I got that off my chest, seriously, which part did I miss that explains this mess? I'm completely and utterly lost here. Or am I supposed to smoke something before reading this?

Which reminds me, thanks for the translation Deacon. Even if this novel causes strong urges to bang your head against a wall...

Last edited by IkuzeMinna; 2017-01-09 at 15:54. Reason: changed to better pic
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 16:54   Link #3807
Tendou Souji

After reading Deacon's final update I am hyped for this. It sounds extremely cool now that a summary of everything that has happened so far is translated. Can't wait for more.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 17:41   Link #3808
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
*snip*
Ever get the feeling that there may have been a good reason why Sumisawa was kicked off the team for Gundam W? >.>
Old 2012-01-04, 19:23   Link #3809
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Ever get the feeling that there may have been a good reason why Sumisawa was kicked off the team for Gundam W? >.>
If he tried to pull this kind of crap back then, why yes. But honestly, it doesn't make sense. He created freaking Episode Zero. And to tell the truth, I do like the fighting scenes (what little I've read of them). It's all the other stuff that's so weird.
He's going overboard everywhere he can; from the number of enemies the pilots defeat to the number of people who will die to the age of the soldiers to the amount of sap. And wtf moments. And clones. And Catherines. I think you get the point.
Old 2012-01-04, 21:39   Link #3810
Eeni

First off, many, MANY thanks Deacon for actually reading this and taking the time to translate for the rest of us. Deeply appreciated!

Ikuze, you make me laugh with your reinterpretation of the situation, it's so spot on. Ya, Relena's death is the trigger to kill off the entire poplar of Mars (my sister glared at me when I told her that part because of how ridiculous that was), yet people still want her dead for some odd reason... Maybe Dorothy doesn't want to share Ruler of the Universe title..? Especially not with the former Queen of the World. So killing millions of people off is the easiest way to sweep the whole incident under the rug? And she gets to kill off the original pilots too, 2 birds with 1 stone!

Cathy Bloom isn't a pilot, she only trained Phobos... by throwing knives at him, because everyone knows that's how you train MS pilots, especially Gundam pilots.

Quote:
everyone deciding after the war that the Earth Sphere isn't cool anymore and emigrating to said magically terraformed place (which no one during the series mentions even remotely, although it obviously has been there for quite some years)
I think that the terraforming was mentioned by Zechs & Noin at the very end of EW. Something about how Relena was going to take up the project soon, they were talking about it right before they disappears into the space together <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
It's no wonder they had 3 writers... the other 2 probably had their hands full reeling him in. I wonder if he even has revisionists or a beta (or someone with common sense) to look the script over before it's published in Ace.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
Dear lord, talk about a train wreck. I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space.
sums it all up beautifully!

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Last edited by Eeni; 2012-01-04 at 21:51.
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-04, 22:17   Link #3811
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
It's no wonder they had 3 writers... the other 2 probably had their hands full reeling him in. I wonder if he even has revisionists or a beta (or someone with common sense) to look the script over before it's published in Ace.
I honestly think that's happened. I can't even imagine how different the series would have been had Sumisawa been given free reign.

The "Merciless Fairies"?

Truth be told, the story does seem more interesting after reading Deacon's synopsis. I've picked on some parts and forgotten others. Have Milliardo and Quaterine's motives been revealed yet?
Old 2012-01-05, 05:15   Link #3812
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
First off, many, MANY thanks Deacon for actually reading this and taking the time to translate for the rest of us. Deeply appreciated!

Ikuze, you make me laugh with your reinterpretation of the situation, it's so spot on. Ya, Relena's death is the trigger to kill off the entire poplar of Mars (my sister glared at me when I told her that part because of how ridiculous that was), yet people still want her dead for some odd reason... Maybe Dorothy doesn't want to share Ruler of the Universe title..? Especially not with the former Queen of the World. So killing millions of people off is the easiest way to sweep the whole incident under the rug? And she gets to kill off the original pilots too, 2 birds with 1 stone!

Cathy Bloom isn't a pilot, she only trained Phobos... by throwing knives at him, because everyone knows that's how you train MS pilots, especially Gundam pilots.

to be honest several stuff can be semi explainable such as Cathy trowing knive at Phobos to improve reflex and eye coordination .

but yeah is hard to make sense because we don't have full material and only few people able to translated it.

Old 2012-01-05, 10:56   Link #3813
DuoRanger
Banned

Hi guys 1st post here, but im lurking this shiet for a long time(Older Duo With a Drunken Tony Stark Syndome, Junior Pulling a Stiffler on Catherine and the other girls)

Well, its me or Sumisawa is triying to pull out a David Cameron Death/Sucession Wars Plot in AC timeline?

bcuz i saw this movie on BTech Lore, and it ended bad
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 11:05   Link #3814
susyia

yeah.... maybe this is not the best gundam wing novel..... i hope the end don't kill us in disapoited or anger or wtf......
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 11:23   Link #3815
DuoRanger
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by susyia View Post
yeah.... maybe this is not the best gundam wing novel..... i hope the end don't kill us in disapoited or anger or wtf......
i can imagine the rest of the Plot, and what will happen next if he's really planning to pull this, or something based on UC timeline
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 17:37   Link #3816
dagr81
The legendary dragoon

maybe i am missing info on it but it seem like the plot was not really thought of to hard.
just seem a little random for GW,
dagr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-05, 22:43   Link #3817
Nanobreaker

This story line is rather goofy. I'm actually enjoying some fan fics I've found more than the plot for this. Still, it's a WIP, so I shall see how I like it at the end.

Thank you so much for the summaries, Deacon! *hugs*

Also, this puts a new spin on things, I imagine?
Nanobreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 19:45   Link #3818
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Why am I not surprised. :|
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-08, 19:04   Link #3819
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Well, this means FT is highly unlikely to get officially translated, doesn't it? Boo hoo, what a loss.

Quote:
Maybe Dorothy doesn't want to share Ruler of the Universe title..? Especially not with the former Queen of the World. So killing millions of people off is the easiest way to sweep the whole incident under the rug? And she gets to kill off the original pilots too, 2 birds with 1 stone!
Yep. The problem is that the pilots themselves are executing her evil plan to kill them. That's sort of... severely stupid. :S Unless I missed something.

Quote:
I think that the terraforming was mentioned by Zechs & Noin at the very end of EW. Something about how Relena was going to take up the project soon, they were talking about it right before they disappears into the space together <3 <3 <3
True, they did mention that. But somehow I got the impression that in FT, Mars had been terraformed already. Which makes me wonder what exactly Relena was pushing for but anyway.
In the series it sounded like they were going to terraform it, which would make sense considering there had been a war and most money had been wasted on weapons and not terraforming planets. By the way, wasn't it said somewhere (most likely in the ever obscure EW novel) that terraforming Mars would take 50 years?

Quote:
Ah yes, I remember something about apples and bananas. Or was it peaches? Eh, some fruit. Thing is, the phrasing threw me off a little.
"Trowa Phobos (No Name) and Catherine Bloom undergo training as mobile suit pilots."
It sounds like both of them were training to become pilots. And considering how messed up the characterizations and story are and how Catherine is present during the battles (I think she's on "Shorfok2"?), I wouldn't put it past Sumizawa.

Apropos Catherine, I stumbled upon something interesting(?) again. Everyone probably knows "Robin Hood", "The Three Musketeers" or "The Count of Monte Cristo." The guy who wrote these and a crapload of other novels is Alexandre Dumas. Among his works is also a novel called "Catherine Blum" ("The Foresters" in English). Apparently it isn't interesting/popular enough for I can't find an actual summary but from what I gather it's some romance.
What I do find summaries of is Heinrich Böll's "The Lost Honour of Katharina Blum." Though that book is about a woman going nuts and killing the reporter who dragged her name through the dirt.

I doubt either are a reference and this is more of trivial knowledge like knowing that Canada means "big village" in Indian, but who knows? With stuff like Trowa Barton being evocative of Tim Burton, it's a possibility.
Old 2012-01-09, 00:51   Link #3820
Mareike

Quote:
True, they did mention that. But somehow I got the impression that in FT, Mars had been terraformed already. Which makes me wonder what exactly Relena was pushing for but anyway.
In the series it sounded like they were going to terraform it, which would make sense considering there had been a war and most money had been wasted on weapons and not terraforming planets. By the way, wasn't it said somewhere (most likely in the ever obscure EW novel) that terraforming Mars would take 50 years?
Hmm... this is probably where algae stuff come in. The breakout could have sped things up by producing more O2 for the atmosphere, which would have been the primary concern in terraforming the red planet.

No idea about how many years it would supposedly take Mars to be terraformed, though. But it's a harsh planet, so it would mean it's going to take a lot. It might only be partially-terraformed in MC0022, unless I missed a note in the timeline where it's 100% completed already. (EDIT: Then again... 3 billion people. :| IDK.)

Last edited by Mareike; 2012-01-09 at 10:05.
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing