AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-03-11, 12:30   Link #841
Wandering Soul

Kicking a sword like that was pretty awesome.
Old 2015-03-16, 03:49   Link #842
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Spoiler for ...:
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-16, 14:53   Link #843
sayde

Spoiler for demo summon:

Last edited by sayde; 2015-03-16 at 15:39.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-16, 16:45   Link #844
Iron Maw
Banned

.....Yeah, I'm not watching that. I've spoiled enough of the demo for myself.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-17, 07:12   Link #845
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Spoiler for demo summon:
Spoiler for It's ...:
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-17, 17:24   Link #846
Frontier

Spoiler:
Old 2015-03-17, 19:13   Link #847
iceyfw

anyone know how long the PS4 FFXV demo code is good for? i don't have a ps4 but have the code. i was thinking of waiting for the slim PS4 announcement at E3 this year.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-17, 19:16   Link #848
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceyfw View Post
anyone know how long the PS4 FFXV demo code is good for? i don't have a ps4 but have the code. i was thinking of waiting for the slim PS4 announcement at E3 this year.
Exactly one year.
Old 2015-03-17, 22:07   Link #849
sayde

Played the demo today. I have to say...I'm loving it. I can't wait to finish finding the remaining weapons I need so I can go all ham with Noctis's warping abilities in the demo.
Like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfYPVYL0ai4
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-18, 10:49   Link #850
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

With so many things going in the battle, I wonder if the framerate is stable
Old 2015-03-18, 12:42   Link #851
Iron Maw
Banned

Finished the demo at 3 hrs, really liked overall!

Combat was rather awkward for me starting out, but I got hang of things fast enough. There solid amount of depth with basic systems in place and I need to be stressed that MP management and timing is seriously important to success here. Vamping straightforward and quite useful beyond turing in exp. Like what I've seen of party so far now that watched them interact in a proper conversation. They have good chemistry with each other and clear characterization and the English VA here better than sound for trailers. Duscae is beautiful and like what their going for in with juxtaposition of modern (gas station, asphalt roads), classic fantasy (chocobo ranch, goblin cave) and straight fantasy (the astral shard, dinosaurs, goblins). There quite a bit to do here like taking on quest, finding the Armiger arsenals and some dungeon exploration. Little Easter eggs are littered all over the place if you look hard enough like black chocobos and Mesmerizes.

Speaking of which

Spoiler for summon:

Ending, left cool tid bits from the plot for us to chew on. Especially that mural.

So yeah I'm pretty excited to what the main game particularly in terms of advanced features to the combat like magic and what not. The demo has quite a big technical issues like with the lock-on, camera and some framerate dips, but it's nothing can be ironed out in this stage. Especially with still being at least a year away.

EDIT: BTW for those who have the demo, apparently this is what's happening on the next ATR:
http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/fi...-launch-report

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2015-03-18 at 14:52.
Old 2015-03-18, 23:56   Link #852
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Saw the demo and makes me wonder how big is the FF female fans' demographic cause the party makeup and design just screams fujoshi bait. Mechanically looks alright although a bit thin but hopefully they will build more RPG element on it cause it's pretty barebone at first sight.
Old 2015-03-19, 10:53   Link #853
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
With so many things going in the battle, I wonder if the framerate is stable
It's one of the things I'm pretty worried about, and not so much the gameplay (I love how Kingdom Hearts-ish it feels); we're operating at sub-1080 (with absolutely minimal AA) and the game is chugging when shit starts flying all over the place.

I know they promised that these issues will be fixed, but there are signs that the systems might not be able to handle their ambitions. It's likely compromises will have to be made, if not (despair) downgrades.

I also feel that technique switching should be relegated to R2 and L2, but I suspect that's where magic might come into play. In that case, I wonder why a shortcut system like Kingdom Heart's could not be implemented, as it's the perfect fit for the 5 weapon-limit on techniques.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-19, 12:24   Link #854
Iron Maw
Banned

Well I'm not worried myself since limited optimization was clearly done on the demo, and FFXV won't be released until next year when Luminous will be at v2.0 rather than the v1.5 the demo build is in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Saw the demo and makes me wonder how big is the FF female fans' demographic cause the party makeup and design just screams fujoshi bait.
FF has bigger male base and bshounen and bishoujo characters have existed in the series for over 25 years now. In fact most Japanese games are fill with them too so there is not much point singling FF out for that.
Old 2015-03-19, 17:26   Link #855
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Well I'm not worried myself since limited optimization was clearly done on the demo, and FFXV won't be released until next year when Luminous will be at v2.0 rather than the v1.5 the demo build is in.

FF has bigger male base and bshounen and bishoujo characters have existed in the series for over 25 years now. In fact most Japanese games are fill with them too so there is not much point singling FF out for that.
But did the main cast star almost every type? No, they usually only had one or two. One being reserved for the main lead.
Old 2015-03-19, 22:09   Link #856
Iron Maw
Banned

Not really since the series cast sizes varies a lot.

And it doesn't every type though. Only Noctis and Prompto really qualify as "bishounen". Gladio, Ignis and Cor aren't unless you think Sabin, Locke, Edge or Auron are as well.
Old 2015-03-19, 22:49   Link #857
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I know this is a ridiculously early alpha build (maybe even pre-alpha) and there's a lot of legwork to be done under the hood; at the same time, I look at games like Witcher 3 and Uncharted, who have some of the best dev studios in the industry, and they've been forced to scale back on their hugely ambitious visuals.

FFXV's is also hugely ambitious in that regard, and the fact is that the current gen systems came in underpowered compared to the developers' expectations of a generational leap. I still believe we're going to have to see compromises made on Rez, FPS or graphics in the final product, and we're not going to get that 1080, 30fps promise if it wants to maintain the visual quality that we're seeing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
But did the main cast star almost every type? No, they usually only had one or two. One being reserved for the main lead.
What is FFVIII, where every male character is an archtypical Bishi.

I don't get people banging on about FFXV's j-pop posse when the theme of a "guys' road-trip" and "Yakuza Family" influences have been reiterated again and again.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-20, 00:41   Link #858
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

No kidding, when a game stars a female only cast no one bats a eye. But if the main cast is all male suddenly everyone loses it.

-insert jokerLedger meme-
Old 2015-03-20, 12:50   Link #859
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
FFXV's is also hugely ambitious in that regard, and the fact is that the current gen systems came in underpowered compared to the developers' expectations of a generational leap. I still believe we're going to have to see compromises made on Rez, FPS or graphics in the final product, and we're not going to get that 1080, 30fps promise if it wants to maintain the visual quality that we're seeing.
30fps? That's the absolute minimum framerate any game, let alone an action game should have. If their ambitions were as lofty as you say they were, they should be aiming for 60fps.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-20, 13:27   Link #860
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
No kidding, when a game stars a female only cast no one bats a eye. But if the main cast is all male suddenly everyone loses it.

-insert jokerLedger meme-
While I get trying to make a point.....I actually think that's wrong and people make note of that kind of thing. No one said "oh the whole cast in FFX-2 is female....I'm not going to comment on this."