AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2004-01-12, 14:05   Link #1
TRUETBOY

Unhappy i cant get anything to work

ive followed the instructions to level one. from the media playback section but everytime i press play i get sound and no picture., all i get are some messed up colours.. so i have updated windows media player to version 9.. got the latest divX and the bundle pake that came with it.. got this ffs.exe thing.. and its all been the same.. please help me.. i also installed a xvid codec i found on the net. im usin a lap top but that shouldnt affect anything.. should it? i normally play the anime on my pc but i have moved to laptop cos i am to lazy to move.. heheh but none of the players seems to work.. could it be with my graphics card. ? but i can play vcds. it just wont work for avis and anything i have d/l. i been tryin to watch old esps of naruto and full metal alchemist. all work on my desktop but not laptop... please help me..
usin windows 98. but i have done the same as my desktop so there shouldnt be a problem.. but there is some help please.
Old 2004-01-12, 14:08   Link #2
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

Uninstall all your current codecs (DivX bundle, etc.) and reinstall only ffdshow:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/f...3.exe?download
Old 2004-01-12, 15:28   Link #3
TRUETBOY

it still doesnt work
Old 2004-01-13, 17:24   Link #4
Cruzz
Europeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUETBOY
it still doesnt work
Try installing the VideoLan media player and using it to open the files, if the file works in VideoLan but not in other media players there is something wrong with your codecs (VideoLan has a bunch of them integrated so it doesn't use the ones you've installed seperately).

You could also try using Gspot to get file info and see what it says about your codecs.
Old 2004-01-13, 18:34   Link #5
TRUETBOY

thanks cruzz it works with the lan players. cheers