AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-13, 13:13   Link #1621
Xagzan

My brain, it aches

Well, at least now we know Renton's still alive...somewhere. God knows where Eureka ended up though. Not the one from this episode, the one that disappeared when Ao was little, though maybe they're the same one...gah, this is quite confusing.

What was actually most confusing to me was, what exactly was that hologram Eureka? It wasn't like the real Eureka wasn't still there on top of the ship, so it wasn't like a departing spirit or anything.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 13:21   Link #1622
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

Fuck it. This is BONES being BONES. There is more mindfuckery in E7:Ao than RahXephon.
SolarAquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 13:26   Link #1623
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

It's not mindfuckery anymore, EP13 cleared out a lot of stuff. And even more stuff you can infer if you look back at early episodes.

For example, EP1.
There was THIS thing: http://i49.tinypic.com/jjwrdg.jpg
This is what happened to a Scub Coral after a secret got to it.
But GenBlue told us that Secrets blow scub corals up.
That doesn't look like an explosion aftermath.
In fact, that could probably be the "secrets aren't actually evil" notion.
GenBlue is still interested in blowing Secrets up though, why?
...Well, just think of all the technology and resources they obtain.
Not to mention the Quartz.
Christophe Blanc is the real villain.

...wow that's a lot of reaching.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 13:51   Link #1624
Blaat

It seems that people have trouble following timetravel aspect of the story hence calling it mind fuckery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
What was actually most confusing to me was, what exactly was that hologram Eureka? It wasn't like the real Eureka wasn't still there on top of the ship, so it wasn't like a departing spirit or anything.
Actually that hologram was post-pregnancy-of-Ao Eureka not still-pregnant-of-Ao Eureka.

My theory is that a part of post-pregnancy Eureka conciousness remains in Naru due to the Okinawa event.
Or to explain it in simple Gundam-related terms Eureka and Naru are newtypes.
Old 2012-07-13, 13:53   Link #1625
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

So time travel is somewhat confirmed now. This is going to be confusing but overall it cleared up some questions yet added more.
orpheus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 14:01   Link #1626
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
That doesn't make a lot of sense...
Blue Spirit Eureka asked Ao to take her to Renton.
If she was in E7 world along with Naru, why would she need that? Renton is supposed to be there to begin with.

...Unless of course he himself is engaging in world-jumping shenanigans.
Or she's referring to the her who is currently with Ao.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 14:20   Link #1627
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
It seems that people have trouble following timetravel aspect of the story hence calling it mind fuckery.
Actually that hologram was post-pregnancy-of-Ao Eureka not still-pregnant-of-Ao Eureka.

My theory is that a part of post-pregnancy Eureka conciousness remains in Naru due to the Okinawa event.
Or to explain it in simple Gundam-related terms Eureka and Naru are newtypes.
Ok, but then it didn't seem like a simple hologram, so I'm not sure if we're supposed to know yet what it was.

But still, Naru wasn't really there either, was she? She looked pretty holographic as well before morphing into Eureka.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 14:31   Link #1628
j4c06

Wow, totally enjoyable episode! It helped that the omnipotent "Truth" seems to have his limits too
j4c06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 14:40   Link #1629
miketyson

A pretty solid episode, especially the way the unknowing-mother and long-lost-son interacted. Maybe a bit off (Ao seems less put off by her not recognizing him than I think he probably should be...as if he somehow intuitively knows she's there from her own past), but full of good characterization and little moments. It's sadly rare to see this quality of interaction in this genre, and I'm glad it made it in.

In terms of world-building surprisingly little is much clearer, despite the reveals. I do get the feeling that scub quartz is probably "embryonic scub" (what the scubs were before fusing with coral), but then I wind up a bit confused about scub biology (perhaps the "coral" is mostly a defensive exoskeleton and support structure, whereas before we never got a straight answer but it seemed as though the scub-coral fusion meant the visible coral was also scub?).

The secrets are getting more interesting even though we didn't learn much concrete. I have a modified theory about them, however: I suspect there's a good chance that the force behind the secrets will be the same as the one that must've originally created the scubs, or something more like that. (Although: even in that scenario most of the secrets we're seeing may still be their unmanned interdimensional police drones).

There just seems to be some overlap there between the way trappar works vis-a-vis thoughts and the way the secrets mostly look like abstract ideas projected into reality in solid form, even if the exact overlap remains unclear.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 15:18   Link #1630
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

In my mind, what that last Eureka was is an "astral projection".
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 15:48   Link #1631
ReddyRedWolf

On another note Eureka mentions high levels of trapar could be bad for her baby according to her doctors.

Now indeed she may have returned to Renton after this but she has no choice but go back to AO Earth to give birth, as her baby could possibly die on E7 Earth.

Thus the time loop.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 15:59   Link #1632
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Lol, no wonder I was so lost this episode. I didn't even watch the last one, so I was going... WTF, Eureka is back? I can't even comprehend how'd I miss watching last week's episode.

As for the episode itself, what a curveball. Future Eureka goes back in time, meets these people for the first time, then in the near future would time warp back even further to give birth to Ao?

Oh, nice to see Fleur going crazy with worry. <3

That said, still wtf at Naru getting so little screen time still. Her turning into Eureka's silhouette isn't helping things either.
Yeah they better make up for it somehow. I mean can you imagine the original series if the co-lead wasn't even in it the majority of the time? I think she's going to play a big part in the truth, but yeah for being featured so prominently in the opening it is rather surprising how little a factor she's been so far.

At least we have Eureka back for now, which of course takes me back as well. I didn't remember her having that jewel embedded in her forehead in the original, but maybe it happened towards the end as she started to revert more into her Corallian form. It's been a long time since I watched the original. I wonder if Renton will factor in at all or if it'll be like a Last Exile: Fam style cameo where we find out he's crippled and can never ref again or something depressing like that. At least we'll be seeing Ao and Eureka team up to go two on one against Truth next episode, which is a fight I'm really looking forward too. About time somebody did something to slow his ass down.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 18:38   Link #1633
sky black swordman

Ok whats going on? Can some tell ?
And Ao meet his mom I hope we see Renton.
Here is something will he show up in the Nirvash MK III?
The one he used in episode 50 .
Old 2012-07-13, 18:42   Link #1634
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

I'm glad this series didn't rush to get here, it makes all the good stuff that much sweeter and enjoyable.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Master Chibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 19:12   Link #1635
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Chibi View Post
I'm glad this series didn't rush to get here, it makes all the good stuff that much sweeter and enjoyable.
That. You can't simply go like a locomotive for 24 eps - eventually all that firepower loses its power to impact.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 19:30   Link #1636
aardvark

I don't think theres any other anime that can be made that could give me the same kind of emotional and nostalgic rush I got with this episode with the re-introduction of Eureka. <3

This episode validated the entire series so far imo. The interactions between Ao and Eureka were wonderful, and that bit where she mentions Renton was amazing too lol.
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 19:54   Link #1637
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Gurren Lagann was smashing faces every other episode.

But this is alright for AO.
Old 2012-07-13, 20:36   Link #1638
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Actually, the time travel was pretty easy to follow, especially when compared to other shows. The obvious explanation (disregarding Truth's opinion on the "wrongness" of the world) is that, for Eureka, this is the first time she's been in the world of AO. She'll have to go back eventually to her time, but will then return, around 12 years earlier in the AO timeline, to give birth to Ao.

Mindfskery? Hardly.
Old 2012-07-13, 21:19   Link #1639
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Actually, the time travel was pretty easy to follow, especially when compared to other shows. The obvious explanation (disregarding Truth's opinion on the "wrongness" of the world) is that, for Eureka, this is the first time she's been in the world of AO. She'll have to go back eventually to her time, but will then return, around 12 years earlier in the AO timeline, to give birth to Ao.

Mindfskery? Hardly.
I don't think she'll jump back to her world and then back to AO's I think she'll just go directly back 13 years and then give birth to AO.
Old 2012-07-13, 23:34   Link #1640
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
I don't think she'll jump back to her world and then back to AO's I think she'll just go directly back 13 years and then give birth to AO.
Clearly you haven't been paying attention: she says that Mark I AO is piloting resembles a mech Renton was building currently which means she'd have to fetch it somehow first.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen