AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-18, 21:44   Link #1
tsuki_desu
Hidden in the darkness...

Chobits

What do you think about this story?
Old 2003-11-19, 21:12   Link #2
*aznplayboi*
YUM!! YUM!!

Send a message via AIM to *aznplayboi*
well i haven't finished the series...only read 1-4 but so far i luv it. Very funny too.
Old 2003-11-23, 11:42   Link #3
clow
Inactive Member

The story is good and the characters are funny. There'S some part where the pics are.....um....hot. ^^
Old 2003-11-23, 12:14   Link #4
CommS007

The story accelerates
It's quite funny and other thingies

Why should emotions be bound to humans only, neh? :3
Old 2003-11-23, 14:16   Link #5
Muraki
Dreamer

I havn't quite finished reading the whole thing but I have enjoyed the story so far but being CLAMP I wouldn't have expected less
Old 2003-11-23, 19:06   Link #6
Gaara11
~ Got Love? ~

The story was cool and didn't felt dragged like the anime. Though it did felt rushed towards the end.
Old 2003-11-25, 07:29   Link #7
Ryan
Inactive Member

Chobits is very nice, not only the story but also the drawings are great
Old 2003-11-26, 08:26   Link #8
Tomomi
chrno fangal

Love the story, man!
Old 2003-11-29, 21:11   Link #9
elian85

Send a message via ICQ to elian85
bester ever

was one of my first high quality animes, thats y i bought the mangas,too, and it still is the greatest. i ve found nothin else compared to this, although i spend a lot of time watchin animes and readin mangas. u should watch the anime when u ve finished the mangas (if u havnt already).it is a bit different in some parts (the manga offers more background information) but it ownz as hell. especially when chii gets that nasty guys fingers between..... well.... what was his name in the peep show? or when she gets connected to the 20 persocons of aehm.. i cant handle so many names .
anyway...chobits is my absolute favorite manga.
READ IT AND WATCH THE ANIME!
Old 2003-12-12, 01:02   Link #10
MetaFire
Wuthuh?

Just finished reading the whole thing... Lots of Angelic Layer characters make a subtle cameo, though some more than others. Pretty fun to see how they did the crossovers, but they kinda stretched quite a bit...

I love it and just bought the boxset to put all my volumes in.
Old 2003-12-12, 09:33   Link #11
LynnieS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetaFire
Just finished reading the whole thing... Lots of Angelic Layer characters make a subtle cameo, though some more than others. Pretty fun to see how they did the crossovers, but they kinda stretched quite a bit...

I love it and just bought the boxset to put all my volumes in.
You mean the one that comes with book 8 and the Chii figurine? I thought about getting one, but only eBay sellers look to offer it. They're charging an arm and a leg - and seemingly the cash from my health benefits from losing the two - for the item. Is it a good - read: sturdy - box?

Back onto topic. I thought "Chobits" was merely okay, but sometimes, I felt that the meta-physical debate between human and persocom got a bit out of control.
Old 2003-12-12, 18:28   Link #12
MetaFire
Wuthuh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS
You mean the one that comes with book 8 and the Chii figurine? I thought about getting one, but only eBay sellers look to offer it. They're charging an arm and a leg - and seemingly the cash from my health benefits from losing the two - for the item. Is it a good - read: sturdy - box?
Mmm, I'd say it's a sturdy box, seems like it's made out of strong a cardboard which is pretty think. The books fit perfectly, width/height-wise into it. The chi figurine is pretty cute. I found it in the mall at Walden's bookstore for about 20 bucks, actually only 2 days ago. I believe the only stores offering the Special Edition box /w chi figurine are Borders and Walden.

Anywho, anyone else see the Angelic Layer tie-ins? Ichiro, Kaede, Jounochi Sai, and Misaki make an appearence.
Old 2003-12-16, 14:48   Link #13
7thMethuselah

I am reading the tokyopop version of the manga and i must say the series so far is awesome. The characters are great, animation is very nice (sometimes very very very nice ) and the story progresses fast.

I haven't finished the manga yet, but i have seen the entire anime and it is great (licensed though), so go see and read it if you haven't yet
Old 2003-12-16, 15:54   Link #14
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Mmm, I'd say it's a sturdy box, seems like it's made out of strong a cardboard which is pretty think. The books fit perfectly, width/height-wise into it. The chi figurine is pretty cute. I found it in the mall at Walden's bookstore for about 20 bucks, actually only 2 days ago. I believe the only stores offering the Special Edition box /w chi figurine are Borders and Walden.
I guess 20 bucks isn't so bad ^^; The Japanese manga clear plastic tote box is pretty nice too, except it's without a figure, costs about $25 if you get it a Kinokuniya and you can lug it around (assuming the manga isn't too heavy). I'm not sure if Tokyopop's manga would fit into it, the tote box can hold about 8 volumes of the Chinese chobits + 1 volume of the Japanese (Chinese Chobits manga is slightly thicker, but the same width and height I believe).
Old 2003-12-21, 15:50   Link #15
tsuki_desu
Hidden in the darkness...

Quote:

Anywho, anyone else see the Angelic Layer tie-ins? Ichiro, Kaede, Jounochi Sai, and Misaki make an appearence.
Ya! I noticed that too! The funny thing is... who would actually fall in love with Icchan? lol
Old 2003-12-29, 05:14   Link #16
DjDeluxay
マイクスズカゼ、ウェチノ

Send a message via AIM to DjDeluxay
i loved it. Saw mostly anime but loved it. I think they should continue this series. I mean it just made me want to goto Japan even more!!! i want more i want more.
Old 2003-12-29, 11:25   Link #17
Rhia
shush! I was only helping

why??

Why Read It Wen U Can Download It??
Old 2003-12-29, 12:23   Link #18
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhia
Why Compensate Companies For There Hard Work Wen U Can Rip Them Off Like A CheapSkate??
Old 2003-12-29, 12:45   Link #19
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhia
Why download and waste useful bandwidth (like it matters, we get 20MBps anyway) if you can go to any nearby bookstore or convenience store and buy it for 500 yen?
Old 2003-12-30, 14:47   Link #20
blackrose115
Inactive Member

Thumbs up

i like chobits, havn't really read or whatched much...fine! i've barley read or watched it, but i can get hooked onto anime even without reading or watching much...

what i'm trying to say is that Chobits is cool, and no one can stop ot's coolness!!!!*goes insane*mwahahahhahaahaaa!!!*returns to normal*ahem! ok, going off topic here.....

(i've taken a few tests online, and i turned out to be Chii!!!yay!cuteness!)

sakura media is having a sale with stuff going from $5 and theres some nice sute keychains with chobits characters, and maybe some more stuff like figurenes??
Closed Thread