AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-24, 19:07   Link #2381
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
It's not a matter of time. If any of them were on the level of a true center nova then she/they would have disappeared right there.
Girls can be center nova without immediately disappearing. It seems to happen when the idol spirit reaches a certain peak, which it only does during concerts. Dualium apparently adds an additional boost, although we don't know if it's completely necessary or not (we'd need a rundown of the places where centers disappeared, and info on if there was dualium nearby). As the trainees' song reached its climax, their idol spirit was growing stronger and stronger, drawing them closer and closer to the point where they would have disappeared.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 20:22   Link #2382
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Girls can be center nova without immediately disappearing. It seems to happen when the idol spirit reaches a certain peak, which it only does during concerts. Dualium apparently adds an additional boost, although we don't know if it's completely necessary or not (we'd need a rundown of the places where centers disappeared, and info on if there was dualium nearby). As the trainees' song reached its climax, their idol spirit was growing stronger and stronger, drawing them closer and closer to the point where they would have disappeared.
So you're actually agreeing that only Center Novae disappear.

It's simple really. They didn't reach the necessary peak even at the climax of their song and they wouldn't get there even if the climax went on for longer. Maybe they were close but missing slightly is still missing.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 20:50   Link #2383
Random Wanderer

Quote:
So you're actually agreeing that only Center Novae disappear.
Only center novae have reached the necessary heights of idol spirit. That doesn't mean no one else can, it just means that the ones who've shown the potential to do so have all been promoted to the center nova position, because of that potential.

Quote:
It's simple really. They didn't reach the necessary peak even at the climax of their song and they wouldn't get there even if the climax went on for longer. Maybe they were close but missing slightly is still missing.
Given that their radiance was increasing more and more as the song went on, they in fact would have gotten there had the song lasted longer. Once the song ended, the emotions the kirara were reacting to started to calm down, and the radiance faded back down into safe territory. But their radiance was heading for that peak point, and it would have gotten there if the song hadn't ended.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 21:11   Link #2384
sa547
*Author

Somebody give this guy a big discount at Mrs. Fields!

Old 2012-07-24, 21:43   Link #2385
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Spoiler for Episode 13:

Season 2 as soon as possible please.

For now, it's time to see what AKB0048 merchandise I could get my hands on..
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 21:47   Link #2386
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Spoiler for Episode 13:

For now it's time to see what AKB merchandise I could get my hands on..
Not sure if you can call it considerate... Kanata continues to have no spot...

Eternal understudy, wooooo!

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 23:14   Link #2387
mochichan

^
Nah Kanata will have a spot...as the leader of a newly formed team
AKB48 do have a team formed completely from KKS members, Team 4 :P

And maybe the reason the other members didn't disappear was because everyone was glowing. It provided more stability and support rather than just one Center?

Quote:
Spoiler for Episode 13:

For now, it's time to see what AKB0048 merchandise I could get my hands on..

these keychains..
http://akb0048.jp/release/goods.html
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-24, 23:33   Link #2388
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
Not sure if you can call it considerate... Kanata continues to have no spot...

Eternal understudy, wooooo!
Well, Kanata still has better fate than Megu...

Eternal Unknown Understudy...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 03:02   Link #2389
Sol Falling

Swamped with schoolwork, I finally got a chance to catch the final episode, and...

Oh wow. Seriously, a brilliant line there.

All in all, I've enjoyed this series pretty thoroughly, and I'm certainly looking forward to a second season. Unfortunately I haven't really had the opportunity to dive into the real AKB48 world/fandom like I see some posters here have, but nonetheless I've also found the discussion and background information about that aspect in this thread quite educational.

My only wish/hope is that this series would do a bit better in sales. Looking around, it really does seem like this show received a fair bit of prejudice from anime fans while being somewhat ignored by the AKB48 wotaku. It's a bit disappointing that it didn't manage to reach its full potential in terms of audience.

But, I guess, we'll see what comes. In any case, a great finale medium-term finale.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 03:44   Link #2390
Kazu-kun

Some new fanart I found on pixiv

Spoiler for pics:
Old 2012-07-25, 03:48   Link #2391
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post

My only wish/hope is that this series would do a bit better in sales. Looking around, it really does seem like this show received a fair bit of prejudice from anime fans while being somewhat ignored by the AKB48 wotaku. It's a bit disappointing that it didn't manage to reach its full potential in terms of audience.

But, I guess, we'll see what comes. In any case, a great finale medium-term finale.

I don't know, so far the prejudices that were talked about was here in U.S. not Japan, and it's mostly because the fan-subs didn't made it to Baka-Updates and no major U.S. stream site picked the series up.

Sales-wise, there isn't much you can complain, the first volume of its DVD/DB combined sale is currently placed at #3 among this season's series at over 7,000 units, that is a pretty damn good figure. Especially when break even point is usually around 2,000-2,500 units.

And the No Name single is can be expected to be around 100,000.

Based on the station and the timeslot it airs, this series is a huge success, at least in Japan and it showed with the announce of a follow-up in 2013 right at the end of this episode.
Old 2012-07-25, 04:04   Link #2392
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Especially when break even point is usually around 2,000-2,500 units.
I think break even is more around 4k. And let's not forget the first BD was pretty cheap in comparison to normal pricing. The second BD will provide a better indication on how much the series actually sells.
Old 2012-07-25, 04:06   Link #2393
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
Given that their radiance was increasing more and more as the song went on, they in fact would have gotten there had the song lasted longer. Once the song ended, the emotions the kirara were reacting to started to calm down, and the radiance faded back down into safe territory. But their radiance was heading for that peak point, and it would have gotten there if the song hadn't ended.
You don't randomly make a song longer. Call this the fault of the song/radiance/climax/length/whatever but the fact that they didn't disappear is proof enough that none of them were there yet.

edit: Actually the reason why they didn't was because Megumi wasn't there
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 04:10   Link #2394
Kazu-kun

Quote:
the fact that they didn't disappear is proof enough that none of them were there yet.
The fact that they didn't disappear only proves that none of them got to the point when they would disappear. But you don't need to get there to be a Center Nova. That's just their final destination.
Old 2012-07-25, 04:27   Link #2395
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I think break even is more around 4k. And let's not forget the first BD was pretty cheap in comparison to normal pricing. The second BD will provide a better indication on how much the series actually sells.
You're right, I forgot that this series has been sell at much lower price compare to a normal anime series.

On the other hand, the cost of the series should also be lower considering that most of the musics and the core VA are pretty much free. I mean they don't really have to pay for song composition and lyrics writing, and I would assume since this project billed as a collaboration effort the cost for VA would also be lower compare to usual VA cost.

But either way, even at 4k that 7,300 is still a pretty nice number to have and we are not counting the sales of the singles yet, which should bring in the most revenue for them.

Based on what AKB's been doing, 100K is the reasonable expectation, and at current Japanese music industry, 30K can pretty much guarantee your next release, 50K put you in top 10 of the week and a typical anime single and OST is usually about 5-10K for above an average series.
Old 2012-07-25, 09:07   Link #2396
mochichan

Quote:
You don't randomly make a song longer. Call this the fault of the song/radiance/climax/length/whatever but the fact that they didn't disappear is proof enough that none of them were there yet.

edit: Actually the reason why they didn't was because Megumi wasn't there

Or maybe the reason they didn't disappear is because they're "special"
Even sensei reacted differently to them and even wrote a new song just for them
Old 2012-07-25, 11:42   Link #2397
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Or maybe the reason they didn't disappear is because they're "special"
Even sensei reacted differently to them and even wrote a new song just for them
I can't remember exactly which episode. But Tsubasa has said that it's been a long time since a new song was written. Maybe there's something special about them after all. Hopefully all mysteries will be answered by season 2.

And a little sad that we don't have a favorite character poll for this anime.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-25, 13:36   Link #2398
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I can't remember exactly which episode. But Tsubasa has said that it's been a long time since a new song was written.
Not that long. They said the last time S4 wrote new songs was when Acchan the 13th was still in the group.

In any case, this doesn't prove that all the understudies are special. Maybe only one or two of them are.

Quote:
And a little sad that we don't have a favorite character poll for this anime.
I don't know. There is too much competition among these girls in the show already. We don't need to make our own competition on top of that I think....

....unless it's an official poll to let the audience decide who wins the general election. Then I'm in
Old 2012-07-25, 13:57   Link #2399
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
....unless it's an official poll to let the audience decide who wins the general election. Then I'm in

We'll have to buy the BD to vote in the anime election

If there's a poll, Sonata is awesome~ I'm a total pedo bear for that bundle of kawainess.
Old 2012-07-25, 13:58   Link #2400
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
We'll have to buy the BD to vote in the anime election
Obviously. It's AKB after all. lol

And I kinda would like Makoto to win the elections, just for the lulz.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2012-07-25 at 14:24.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime