AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-03-15, 22:03   Link #2341
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
Am I the only person who has never experienced a glitch while playing Skyrim? I feel like I am missing out on something special here .
Hey, we're always welcoming new people to join us in our misery, if you're interested.

Actually, Skyrim bugs aren't bad at all. Compared to bugs in bad games, Skyrim is actually good, so you're motivated to fix it no matter what instead of throwing it away.
Old 2012-03-16, 00:43   Link #2342
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Skyrim bugs aren't bad. Skyrim bugs are hilarious.

Bethesda's last very buggy release, Fallout 3, had much worse and not very funny bugs. Like crashing to desktop every five minutes unless you limit the game to 2 CPU cores and turn off simultaneous multithreading.
Old 2012-03-16, 00:49   Link #2343
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Skyrim bugs aren't bad. Skyrim bugs are hilarious.
Yup.

Old 2012-03-16, 00:53   Link #2344
blaze0041
a.k.a. Flammenkrieg
*IT Support

Perhaps I've been lucky enough not to run into any game-breaking bugs thus far.

Though I did encounter one particularly odd one- trying to have a normal conversation with either a Thalmor, Imperial soldier or a Stormcloak in the wilderness of Skyrim (pressing T). They would continually unsheathe and sheathe their swords while talking, alternating between threatening dialogue and normal chit-chat respectively.
Old 2012-03-16, 03:26   Link #2345
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
Yup.

That is the best bug ever.
Old 2012-03-16, 09:11   Link #2346
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Their not funny when they cause you to loose shout power in the middle of a serious battle.
Old 2012-03-16, 11:17   Link #2347
Soverence

Yeah, I didn't start playing Skyrim till like a month ago so maybe most of the major bugs have been patched by then. Searching for them on youtube though comes up with a treasure trove of them.

Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 20:31   Link #2348
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Apparently theres a rumor going around that bethesda is going to announce a MMO or that theres a MMO in the works, that takes place before the single player games.

who knows, we can only hope. I just hope it doesnt end up destroying the rest of Elder Scrolls.
Old 2012-03-17, 20:35   Link #2349
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

What, you mean those things actually served a central purpose somewhere?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-17, 22:34   Link #2350
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I want to make a character that will make use of war axes, but the hack and slash perk set doesn't sound too good.

http://www.uesp.net/...yrim:One_handed

It says this from the link: "Bleeding damage seems to be a fixed amount over 3-7 seconds depending only on the weapon material, ranging from 3 total damage with rank 1 of this perk and an Iron weapon, to 18 with rank 3 of this perk and a Daedric weapon. Multiple bleeding effects stack(possibly only from different material weapons;needs testing)."

So this means I'd need rank 3 of the perk set and a daedric war axe just to do an extra 18 units of damage, huh? It isn't even 18 units of damage per second for 3-7 seconds, is it? I am thinking of just using steel axes, too. The perk sets for bladesman and bone crusher are definitely better.

Does anybody else have a warrior who uses axes? Has it worked well for you? Even if that perk set is lame, I figure I'd be fine with perks in one-handed (armsman), a fortify one-handed apparel, and the use of fortify one-handed potions (this character will have perks in alchemy).
Old 2012-03-17, 22:54   Link #2351
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
What, you mean those things actually served a central purpose somewhere?
I think he means the franchise and not the titular artifacts.
Old 2012-03-18, 02:43   Link #2352
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Apparently theres a rumor going around that bethesda is going to announce a MMO or that theres a MMO in the works, that takes place before the single player games.

who knows, we can only hope. I just hope it doesnt end up destroying the rest of Elder Scrolls.
People are going to feel weird about not being able to mod the game.

The thing with PC TES, is that I think everyone's game is unique. Very few people would have identical choice of mods.

Hope they realise that an MMO is entirely different to a single player game. Like, completely different. Very different types of players too.
Old 2012-03-18, 02:48   Link #2353
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Given TES's gaming premise in which you, the player character, are in fact someone special and unique, greater than the regular peons around you, is one of the important parts of the franchise.

And I don't see how they'll accomplish that in an MMO. It'd just be yet another generic fantasy MMO.
Old 2012-03-18, 03:01   Link #2354
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Given TES's gaming premise in which you, the player character, are in fact someone special and unique, greater than the regular peons around you, is one of the important parts of the franchise.

And I don't see how they'll accomplish that in an MMO. It'd just be yet another generic fantasy MMO.
Sometimes I wonder if a Spore system could work?

In Spore, you are playing single-player. But game elements are obtained online from the contents created by other players. So you would end up meeting NPCs who are computer-controlled clones of real life gamers. I have no idea what would happen in a game like that, but that's certainly one option. Of course, I am no fan of online-only games, so this is nothing more than speculation.
Old 2012-03-18, 03:27   Link #2355
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
So this means I'd need rank 3 of the perk set and a daedric war axe just to do an extra 18 units of damage, huh? It isn't even 18 units of damage per second for 3-7 seconds, is it? I am thinking of just using steel axes, too. The perk sets for bladesman and bone crusher are definitely better.
How so? None of those perks seem very good.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 03:49   Link #2356
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
How so? None of those perks seem very good.
Sometimes I wish game studios tell us the game formulas more clearly. It's hard to make a choice on which weapons to use, when you don't know what each skill actually does. It's strange that these days we need wikis to tell us how the game truly worked.

EDIT: I remember one example; one of the remake hand held dragon quest games had the luck stat. In the original game it increases chance of critical hits, but in the remake no one knows what it does, or if there is any benefit raising it. Sometimes I don't think it is right for game companies to hold out stuff that like that. We gamers like to make informed decisions.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2012-03-18 at 04:27.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-18, 05:19   Link #2357
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Why does everything need to be an MMO? Do people enjoy having good RPGs ruined? :/
Old 2012-03-18, 05:45   Link #2358
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I never got into a MMORPG before. They don't seem to be for me. Dragon Quest X for Wii is an online RPG. Number one, I was really hoping DQ X would be a lot like DQ VIII, and number two...an online RPG for the Wii? Srsly, Square-Enix? Srsly?

I asked people at the nexus forums about war axes, and someone said that war axes are about as good as swords (he likes war axes better due to a couple of reasons) and that they are both better than maces. So war axes it is! =D
Old 2012-03-18, 07:12   Link #2359
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Why does everything need to be an MMO? Do people enjoy having good RPGs ruined? :/
There is a chance it will be awesome. Imagin the whole world of tamriel explorable. THATS HUGE! They better put in boats, FFXI style :P

But theres a more likely chance it will be a WoW copy and be either bad or playable for a month till you get bored.

Oh! Idea, if they actually do it they should make every land have their own armor style for the original armors. Iron - Ebony each should have their design. Same can go for weapons, except for dwenmer armor and weapons.
Old 2012-03-18, 07:29   Link #2360
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
People who play MMO get jealous of what Skyrim is capable of, and want the same thing transplanted to multiplayer.

What they completely failed to realise, is that Skyrim was good because it wasn't multiplayer. I keep hearing about "wouldn't it be cool if you could quest with a friend"? in game review sites, and it makes me want to punch someone. People who want multiplayer don't want what Skyrim offers. They are not interested in custom story where the universe changes depending on what you do. You can't do it with an MMO because the butterfly effect would drive the whole world into chaos, if each player seriously affect the world around them.

An MMO is one-size-fits-all. A single-player is a personal and custom experience. They are not compatible.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim