Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-16, 18:19   Link #1
hold

Smile anyone helps me here? its quick

hi, i got 2 animes to watch but i dont know which one i should watch first hehe

which are:

Koikoi Seven and Lucky Star

what should i watch first?

i see alot of people saying that lucky star is funny , but i like koikoi seven Description :P help me here!!

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto - Arena.com
Old 2008-05-16, 18:28   Link #2
jedinat

Why the hell does it even matter? Why do people make threads like this? It doesn't matter!

I guarantee that Koikoi Seven sucks, btw. Anything in the 5's range on anidb sucks; personal opinions have no say in the matter.
Old 2008-05-16, 18:38   Link #3
hold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Why the hell does it even matter? Why do people make threads like this? It doesn't matter!

I guarantee that Koikoi Seven sucks, btw. Anything in the 5's range on anidb sucks; personal opinions have no say in the matter.
whats 5's range? :<

Old 2008-05-16, 18:44   Link #4
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold View Post
whats 5's range? :<
Average rating by AniDB users: 5.48

On a scale of 1 to 10:
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

The bold number being a five; somewhere between it and the six.
Old 2008-05-16, 19:55   Link #5
james0246

Well, if you can not simply see both, then Lucky Star is the "better" anime. Then again, Lucky Star is only really funny for someone that has been into anime for a while and can understand many of the otaku jokes. Added to that Lucky Star is a little boring, as are most slice-of-life shows, so patience is a must.

So, if you want fast and easy to understand, go with Koikoi 7, but if you like a more sopjisticated comedy (at least in the delivery of the joke if not the actual content of the joke) see Lucky Star. (Lucky Star also received a 8.47 out of 10 at AniDB.)
Old 2008-05-16, 19:57   Link #6
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Yeah, depending on how much anime you've seen, maybe you should watch Koikoi 7. If you've seen more than 100 series, then go ahead with Lucky Star. It's just my personal estimate.
Old 2008-05-16, 21:50   Link #7
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

people are still watching koikoi 7 oh no! danger!

but lucky star has ALOT of DIALOGUE!

choose your poison.
Old 2008-05-17, 04:43   Link #8
hold

hehe thx for the suggestion , i do this kind of threads cause i only got 24 gb of bandwith limit so i dont want to spend downloads downloading animes that dont' worth to watch :P

Old 2008-05-17, 09:27   Link #9
cerrian

Another thing with Lucky Star, be sure you pick up A.F.K.'s fansub b/c they provide a lot of explanations and extra info on many of the jokes. Not recommended unless you've seen A LOT of anime.
Old 2008-05-17, 10:57   Link #10
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by hold View Post
hehe thx for the suggestion , i do this kind of threads cause i only got 24 gb of bandwith limit so i dont want to spend downloads downloading animes that dont' worth to watch :P
Isn't a better solution to download just the first few episodes of the shows you're considering and then decide?
Old 2008-05-17, 11:18   Link #11
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

And more importantly, and this is not aimed at just the OP, since I see a few of these threads being made lately; why ask what to watch first?

I mean, honestly, you're going to end up watching both anyway right? So what it is you're asking of us to suggest? Not pointing fingers at anyone, but if you really need us to tell which one to watch first based on our whims, then you need to rethink on the idea that anonymous internet users are making your decisions for you...

It'd be a different issue if you're talking about, say, which Gundam to watch first, or some such. But these are anime that are just completely independent of each other; there's no basis with which to make the choice from, unless you provide us with some pointers yourself.

Anyway, since you said you have bandwidth issues what I'd suggest is that you download only the first episodes of those series and try them out. I know it's an oft-made statement that first episodes can be misleading, but at least in the case of Lucky Star it isn't really all that.
Old 2008-05-17, 11:47   Link #12
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Well, to be fair, a lot of people found the first episode of Lucky*Star pretty dull (me, included). All that talk about foods and eating styles didn't really grab my attention. That's why I suggested downloading a few episodes of prospective series. Usually I can tell after three episodes whether it's a series I'd like to follow. (I watched all of LS, by the way.)

As another example, I decided to stop watching Baccano! after the first episode when confronted with an enormous cast and a rather dull initial episode. After reading some positive reviews for the series by people whose opinions I trust, I gave it another try and was glad I did so.
Old 2008-05-17, 12:44   Link #13
hold

ok thx every1

Closed Thread