AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2006-04-18, 04:39   Link #301
OMG_Zerg_Rush

It will be avalible in OZ on Wednesday, 03 May 2006 only at ezydvd stores (thats the Collector's tin, im not sure if the normal dvd will be sold anywhere else).

http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/781726
________
MILF XXX

Last edited by OMG_Zerg_Rush; 2011-03-21 at 14:42.
OMG_Zerg_Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 05:34   Link #302
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_Zerg_Rush
Here is a 10 sec clip of rufus in english http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMR1H...dren%20english

and here is Kadaj
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5S0s...dren%20english

I think we can all agree that those 2 va do NOT suit the characters.

The rest however look like they will be okay ( sepi, cloud, tifa, yuffie and airith have the same VA as they did in kingdom hearts, barret has jet from cowboy beebops VA)
Bleh, that's always strange to hear dubs when you saw something with the original language T_T

Sadly, I think the French dub is the most disappointing ( I'm not saying that FF VII AC has been dubbed in French, I'm just making a general statement over French dubbed anime )

And about the movie itself, I like it a lot Ok, it was pure fan-service with no solid story, but that was the purpose after all, and seeing the characters I admired, beautifully animated really made me happy
Old 2006-04-18, 23:14   Link #303
OMG_Zerg_Rush

This clip has everyones voices
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ng-g...dren%20english

Edit: Here is sepiroths voice..... not so sure about liking this one some of his lines seemed off to me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERvR1...dren%20english
________
Norseman

Old 2006-04-20, 00:11   Link #304
Hyperion
Black Lagoon Social Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_Zerg_Rush
This clip has everyones voices
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ng-g...dren%20english

Edit: Here is sepiroths voice..... not so sure about liking this one some of his lines seemed off to me
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERvR1...dren%20english

WOW! Some are good, other's are just........*shudders at Cid's voice*

Will still love it.
Hyperion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 01:47   Link #305
OMG_Zerg_Rush

Cid sounds to me like a sterotype of an ozzy
Old 2006-04-20, 02:37   Link #306
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Yuffie sounds a little older.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-20, 16:45   Link #307
Tiamat
Mistress of the Keyblade

Location: Clashing swords with Cloud, Sephiroth, Riku & Sora.
Saw the commercial on T.V. today. Sounds like they did a good job with the English voices from what I saw. Can't wait to get my dvd next week. I don't think I heard Cid's voice but Cloud's sounds awesome. I think that Sephiroth talks at the end of the commercial, if it is, sounds fine from what was in the clip. So excited!!
Tiamat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-21, 15:39   Link #308
Hyperion
Black Lagoon Social Club

Aw poo, the videos were removed.
Old 2006-04-21, 23:41   Link #309
OMG_Zerg_Rush

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperion
Aw poo, the videos were removed.

Dam your right..... well here is the complete list of the eng clips

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...&search=Search

Your mumma?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p1DJ...dren%20english

Sepi clip ( hes at the end)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcXkl...dren%20english
________
Handjob Femdom

Old 2006-04-23, 13:07   Link #310
Haseo
The Terror Of Death

Location: Hell, North Carolina, United States of the Shitty America
Send a message via AIM to Haseo Send a message via MSN to Haseo
I just want to hear the voices, see it in English, although I know I will like the original better.

Spoiler:
Haseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 19:23   Link #311
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

hey folks...I need some suggestions...

I'm gonna be showing this on Tuesday (release day) to some friends, a couple of whom haven't played FF7 (or many games at all for that matter). Does anybody know of any resource online- visual/video preferred- that take on the task of summarizing FF7?
Old 2006-04-23, 19:26   Link #312
Hyperion
Black Lagoon Social Club

I think it comes with a digest of the original game.

EBgames has listed "Featurette in English "Reminiscence of "Final Fantasy VII" featurette (story digest of original game) "
Old 2006-04-23, 19:32   Link #313
Cyz
"Show it to me"

But you know, this movie will make only sense if ppl. played the game, since this is a continuation of the game itself. And, you just got to love the action scenes
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-23, 19:40   Link #314
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperion
I think it comes with a digest of the original game.

EBgames has listed "Featurette in English "Reminiscence of "Final Fantasy VII" featurette (story digest of original game) "
*slaps forehead*....duh....thanks for reminding me.

Cyz, yeah, people who haven't played won't enjoy it as much, but like you said, how can anybody who likes action movies NOT LOVE this movie?
Old 2006-04-25, 13:33   Link #315
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
I just finished watching the American release today.

Was good as a dub, I loved Cids voice XD
Komataguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 18:39   Link #316
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Is the dvd worth buying? I remember I downloaded the fansub not too long ago, now after a few months has passed since then I'm starting to wonder if it's still worth picking up after all this time.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-25, 21:21   Link #317
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

I just finished watching the American DVD and here are my impressions- one good and one bad:

I watched the dub because a friend wanted to and was surprised at how good it was. With the exception of Aeris (I kept picturing Mena Suvari), I thought the voice cast was exceptional. For some of the characters, I thought the voices really added something to them...Cid, Yuffie, and Red were beyond perfect.

The thing that's got me in a tizzie is the aspect ratio. Why wasn't the original aspect ration upheld? WHY OH WHY OH WHY! Watching the release, I noticed that it appeared be less have thinner letterboxes than the copy I had watched on my PC. Sure enough- I went back for a side to side comparison and a surprising amount of the screen is cut off. I've always argued that the original widescreen ratio is the only way to watch films that qualify as works of art, and what could satisfy that criterion more than this beautiful movie? So WHY THE HELL WAS THE RATIO ALTERED? I mean....could you cut a couple inches off the bottom of a Van Gogh and still call the work "whole"? AAAAGGHH- I'm just glad that I kept my PC copy so I still have a full version of this masterpiece. The official DVD will be what I show to friends for convenience sake, but......gah....I have no words for this.
Old 2006-04-26, 18:09   Link #318
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit
I just finished watching the American DVD and here are my impressions- one good and one bad:

I watched the dub because a friend wanted to and was surprised at how good it was. With the exception of Aeris (I kept picturing Mena Suvari), I thought the voice cast was exceptional. For some of the characters, I thought the voices really added something to them...Cid, Yuffie, and Red were beyond perfect.

The thing that's got me in a tizzie is the aspect ratio. Why wasn't the original aspect ration upheld? WHY OH WHY OH WHY! Watching the release, I noticed that it appeared be less have thinner letterboxes than the copy I had watched on my PC. Sure enough- I went back for a side to side comparison and a surprising amount of the screen is cut off. I've always argued that the original widescreen ratio is the only way to watch films that qualify as works of art, and what could satisfy that criterion more than this beautiful movie? So WHY THE HELL WAS THE RATIO ALTERED? I mean....could you cut a couple inches off the bottom of a Van Gogh and still call the work "whole"? AAAAGGHH- I'm just glad that I kept my PC copy so I still have a full version of this masterpiece. The official DVD will be what I show to friends for convenience sake, but......gah....I have no words for this.
If your watching it on a TV screen, this is just the problem of overscan.
ChibiGoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 14:17   Link #319
Tiamat
Mistress of the Keyblade

Location: Clashing swords with Cloud, Sephiroth, Riku & Sora.
Watched it four times since Tuesday. Am a very, very happy fangirl. Been a fan of this game ever since 1997 my very first game for my PSX and am EXTREMELY happy with the English voice cast. They did a wonderful job with the voices and watching it both in Japanese and English you get the feel of the characters very well. The English cast gave great emotion to the characters and gave them life. Especially loved Clouds and Sephiroth's voices, but hell, they ALL were very well done.

The features on the discs were great. I like the behind the scenes and the little Reminiscence of FFVII was wonderful too. The trailers for the upcoming games were great to see. Can't wait for those. I also got an extra disc through Gamestop that had a behind the scenes look of the English voice cast, mainly Steve Burton (Cloud...squeals), Racheal Leigh Cook (Tifa) and Mena Survari (Aerith). It was a nice little bonus.
Tiamat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 23:13   Link #320
sorvani

i wish there was a single store in st. louis that had a copy for me to actually PURCHASE

retailers are f'n tards
sorvani is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, science fiction