AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 33 52.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 15.87%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 3.17%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-03, 15:17   Link #61
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by rave_master16 View Post
My bad. No need to argue with that. It's just that I'm a Yandere lover and giving dead eyes reminds me of one. So don't scold me OKAY. No need to be so serious.
Its more like I have seen others call her like this too but whenever I ask to explain just what exactly traits are yandere like they get lost and dont have anthing else to offer but the 'psycho' argument which alone isn't valid since tsunderes can be just as much psychos. And considering that all other traits point to the tsndere type B personality calling her a yandere seems to have no basis at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
You think so? I have my doubts - which partially stems (admittedly) from me knowing that she's gonna smash the prime directive of tsundereness in the next ep... but... I think it's actually the opposite of tsundere in a way, even now.

What makes her relationship with Junichi special is that with HIM, she is actually genuine. Not false. She may mess with his mind, but in general, what she says is exactly what she thinks. How does this mesh with being tsundere, which defines itself about NOT being honest about their own feelings?
Again we all count Asuka from evangelion manga a type B tsundere (while Anime Asuka is more type A).

In this case as Ayatsuji really does match all the points of such B type and is a copycat of manga Asuka with more dere and less tsun.

Ayatsuji is not fully honest with herself and her 'open' is more of Horo/Sheryl open were its still not clear if she means it because she messes with his mind at the same time.

You seem to mistaken what is the core of tsudere - the core is still tsun and dere dichotomy. Yes usually we see it in action when character is not honest but it is not a core requirement.

In fact Type B is more honest, because by a default girl is acting nice and can be very open about her affection but can be provoked into tsun easily.

Lum is historically the very first tsundere and she is type B and guess what? She almost every episode claimed how much she loves the hero, but it did not stop her from becoming the first tsundere.

So yeah while nowadays most tsunderes are not honest at all, the honesty is still not the core to judge if the character is tsundere or not. You can be honest and still be a tsundere. Ayatsuji is such a classical example of Type B tsundere that it puzzles me how can you still argue her not being one, unless of course, you dont know Type B tsunderes all that much (would be no wonder really as one usually meet Type A nowadays).

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-12-03 at 16:43. Reason: Do not double post
Old 2010-12-03, 16:00   Link #62
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Again we all count Asuka from evangelion manga a type B tsundere (while Anime Asuka is more type A).

In this case as Ayatsuji really does match all the points of such B type and is a copycat of manga Asuka with more dere and less tsun.

Ayatsuji is not fully honest with herself and her 'open' is more of Horo/Sheryl open were its still not clear if she means it because she messes with his mind at the same time.

You really need to learn more about tsunderes as the term nowadays is obviously broader than you think.
Quote:
And considering that all other traits point to the tsndere type B personality calling her a yandere seems to have no basis at all.
I'm really intrigued in your Tsundere variations. I researched and maybe this is your Source === here http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Tsundere
And there are the variations of tsunderes. Well we can really say she is a Type B. And many people confuse this to Yanderes. (It's even noted)
It doesn't mean I don't have any basis. I just got confused and I didn't know any types of Tsunderes.
So we really don't need to discuss this anymore. And more so argue with it.
Darknemo2000 is a Tsundere. Lol. Peace
Old 2010-12-03, 16:04   Link #63
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

I don't really like the way these kind of words are used to categorize someone. Each being is unique so you can't really categorize them. Futhermore what the purpose ? It's not like it will change something about Ayatsuji and who she is.
Old 2010-12-03, 16:10   Link #64
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
I don't really like the way these kind of words are used to categorize someone. Each being is unique so you can't really categorize them. Futhermore what the purpose ? It's not like it will change something about Ayatsuji and who she is.
That's the reason why I said there is no point in arguing it. Darknemo2000 is just too tsundere to us. Lol. Sorry Darknemo2000 please don't hurt me.
Old 2010-12-03, 16:44   Link #65
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
For me personally its helpful if I like tsunderes to know that the heroine is a tsundere. You do not have the time to watch everything - categories like this help you to select.

So yep they are useful if you dont have much free time and want to read/watch only something that potentially has the highest likelihood for you to like. Categories like these help a lot in such cases to build a picture without seeing and select better.

As for me - tv tropes are incomplete - I would add Type C as a mature combination of Types A and B, like Madoka, Sheryl or Horo. But lets not get into it, shall we.

And I am not a tsundere. I am just pure tsun
Old 2010-12-03, 17:01   Link #66
Thoguht

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
Conscious, deliberate hypocrisy is an absolute turn-off for me.
Without wishing to sound too critical (and probably failing), don't you think that's a rather simplistic view of human personality? You don't have to be clinically bipolar to exhibit contradictory personality traits. If you're so sure who you really are then good luck to you, but spare a thought now and then for those of us who aren't
Old 2010-12-03, 17:51   Link #67
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

This is looking ever more interesting now.
Also, nice Ayatsuji fan service

Another nice bit was Haruka enlisting Hibiki to the Miss Santa contest, wanting her to wear something skimpy

Spoiler for nsfw:

It still isn't revealed what it is she scribbled in there... I really wonder what it is that could have her behaving like that?

Also, for some reason she can't stand her sister... she only sent Jun'ichi home because she didn't want to talk about her.
Her older sister did seem pretty weird, trying to feed an energy drink to a stray dog and all that

Other than that, progress seemed a little slow. Not as slow as in preceding Hurf-Durf-chan's arc, as there was a little progress, but I still hope it really picks up next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
Tsukasa is turning me into a masochist...
Quote:
Originally Posted by NamuSkull View Post
Me too. I wonder who else feels this way?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gault View Post
im glad they made Ayatsuji for us Masochist fellas , she's perfect , execution of what she does to Junichi is top notch
Just sign up to Mio's help club in MM! Mio will have great fun turning you normal again with her therapy methods XD
Old 2010-12-03, 18:36   Link #68
Fandal

They match!!!

Haruka + Hibiki = Tsukasa + Junichi

That foot stomping scene. It's just like when Haruka starts doing strange things Hibiki stops her. Now when Junichi does strange things, Tsukasa stops him!
Old 2010-12-03, 19:18   Link #69
Texas84
よろしく

Great episode. I thought she was plain and boring before this and wasn't sure what to expect. Then the dark side hit. Day-um! Now she's my favorite. And yeah, spineless jelly-fish Junichi seemed to man up a bit. Good stuff.
Old 2010-12-03, 20:27   Link #70
Johnny
Working the bags...

Not sure what all the hype is about as it was just another ordinary episode as all the rest were. Although Junichi is back in idiot mode and I lost count how many times he said sorry. As for Tsukasa, you have something you don't want people to see, so you take it to school with you?
Old 2010-12-03, 20:45   Link #71
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Not sure what all the hype is about as it was just another ordinary episode as all the rest were. Although Junichi is back in idiot mode and I lost count how many times he said sorry. As for Tsukasa, you have something you don't want people to see, so you take it to school with you?
Well after the lackluster ending to Rihoko's arc, it certainly does make this arc that much better. I'm not watching this series for the plot, but rather for the characters (more specifically the girls )

It's been a while since I've met such an intriguing female lead such as Tsukasa (since Yukino Miyazawa from Kare Kano actually.) Although I want to see where they take her development. Unfortunately, there are only 4 episodes for her and it might not be as good as it should be. But that remains to be seen.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2010-12-03, 21:52   Link #72
Midnight Bliss
Radiant as the sun;
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Bliss
Oh my god, Tsukasa is hilarious. When she just went into that joking crying fit and she acted so tragic and her voice was so normal when she was like "And ayatsuji'san is a wonderful person who has nothing to hide." Oh my god, this arc is freaking amazing, I love it so much already more than the other ones. Maybe because I've always loved Tsukasa and have been looking forward to her arc, but omg it's just great<3 I love their chemistry! Can't wait for next week's ep. Maybe her notebook is stolen? Iunno, but that girl was making her pretty mad there.
...But oh my god, Haruka taking away like 3 minutes of the show again. It gets so tiresome.
Old 2010-12-03, 22:05   Link #73
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

That was brilliant. I never found Ayatsuji's normal voice special, but somehow her 'bad girl' voice is really hot O_O. First time I"m really looking forward to the next Amagami episode again since Kaori episode 2.
Old 2010-12-03, 23:01   Link #74
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Wow, didn't expect a non-osananajimi (or close enough to it) to top off Haruka in my tier list of the girls in Amagami. But Tsukasa has done it oddly enough. Then again, I'm pretty partial to assertive girls, if my love of Haruhi and Shouko (of BakaTest) is of any indication.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2010-12-03, 23:40   Link #75
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
If you have something you don't want others to see, you would actually keep it with you at all times. Hiding it away is risky because someone could always stumble upon it. Tsukasa did well keeping it to herself, but she screwed up when she dropped it, obviously.

Here's to hoping that they won't change the plot like they did for Rihoko. There are two episodes left, and there are still three important plot points to cover (in my opinion)

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-12-06 at 15:31. Reason: removed game spoilers
Old 2010-12-04, 00:25   Link #76
pikachuwei

Biggest QFT spoiler in teh series "This year's Miss Santa Contest will be awesome!"

Everyone, get ready for some Hibiki bikini costumes
Old 2010-12-04, 01:16   Link #77
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

A lower and sterner tone of voice for Junichi, a higher and more relaxed tone for everyone else. Yep, expected Tsundere vocal pattern.
Old 2010-12-04, 02:24   Link #78
Gault
inc_mplete

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
Just to be clear, I was being flippant. But it's undeniable that she has a devilish, teasing side, which while intimidating, actually turns me on. That's essentially what I was trying to get at. Remember in the beginning of the episode when she grabbed Juinichi by the collar, and said in that domineering voice, "Don't speak without permission".? That's where the "I'm converting to masochism" came from, and I'm sure I speak for quite a few people.
Just to back this up and correct my last post ,my apologies to Mentar as I didnt make myself too clear. I never mentioned Jun as being Masochist or even Tsukasa as a sadist , however her actions are what most Maso boys would like , I would literally be happy with sore hands and knees for Tsukasa
Old 2010-12-04, 08:00   Link #79
Itlandm
Porcupine

My problem with the class rep is not that she has mood swings, which pretty much all young people have. Or even that she keeps secrets, it is almost impossible to avoid. (Even I have things I prefer not to talk to my coworkers about.) But we are shown in painstaking detail that she is fully in control of her "faces", to the point where she can change her voice and her body language independently of each other from one personality to another. To her, life is basically a theater where she plays a role. Possibly more than one: We don't know for sure that the "dominatrix" role she plays with him is not yet another facade. It certainly looks that way in the glimpse we get of her alone at home. How many layers has this onion?

That is the big turn-off. Not having a multi-faceted personality, but approaching life as a performance rather than an expression of yourself. "If you are not you, who will be?" She is a completely different person inside and outside.

It is kind of tolerable when people are tough on the outside and soft inside, although it is not my favorite character type. But the other way around is just hypocrisy, and there is too much of that in the world as is.
Old 2010-12-04, 09:45   Link #80
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
My problem with the class rep is not that she has mood swings, which pretty much all young people have. Or even that she keeps secrets, it is almost impossible to avoid. (Even I have things I prefer not to talk to my coworkers about.) But we are shown in painstaking detail that she is fully in control of her "faces", to the point where she can change her voice and her body language independently of each other from one personality to another. To her, life is basically a theater where she plays a role. Possibly more than one: We don't know for sure that the "dominatrix" role she plays with him is not yet another facade. It certainly looks that way in the glimpse we get of her alone at home. How many layers has this onion?

That is the big turn-off. Not having a multi-faceted personality, but approaching life as a performance rather than an expression of yourself. "If you are not you, who will be?" She is a completely different person inside and outside.

It is kind of tolerable when people are tough on the outside and soft inside, although it is not my favorite character type. But the other way around is just hypocrisy, and there is too much of that in the world as is.
That's how this arc plays out. If you watch Kare Kano you will understand. What's her real personality? With so many masks she wears. What I remember from Yukino from Kare Kano, she's the Queen of Vanity, very much similar to Tsukasa. To me, it's not really a turn-off. Cause its very fun to see people with this kind of behavior until they show their true selves. Isn't it beautiful to see how world changes just from meeting a person you can show your true self without worrying something? That's what I'm seeing Tsukasa as very interesting as she is developing as the arc goes.