AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-15, 11:07   Link #13701
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Being a womanizer is something that doesn't matter here, we don't select our president because of his private life.

But rape is something else, if it's true, he is dead in the political way. So far, it's his voice against the maid one, I believe the cops will do their job.

Hmm, the only issue is that we all know a certain woman who will love to use that to increase in popularity.
don't France have a admitted pedophile who admits to liking to visit Thailand in the cabinets?
Old 2011-05-15, 11:15   Link #13702
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
German is an evil language. It's a language based entirely around the fact that it's easy to sound like you want to murder someone when talking. You observe this kind of thing in the dubs of certain Disney musicals. Certain songs just come off better in certain languages, based on the composition of those languages. German really suits itself well to conveying the dark and vile.
Nonsense, German can sound absolutely lovely. You just haven't heard enough.

like:

or

Now I guess using Opera as examples is somewhat eccentric of me, but I love Opera, what can I say. German Opera is the best. Mozart FTW.
Old 2011-05-15, 11:18   Link #13703
sneaker

I hear you're talking about long German laws?
Old 2011-05-15, 11:28   Link #13704
Zakoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
don't France have a admitted pedophile who admits to liking to visit Thailand in the cabinets?
Source?

Dunno honestly, but just post, i'm interested.
Old 2011-05-15, 11:31   Link #13705
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoo View Post
Source?

Dunno honestly, but just post, i'm interested.
He's talking about Frederic Mitterand. It's in his autobiography. The fact you've forgotten kinda proves his point...

(When the scandal broke, he claimed that what he meant by "boy" was young men. 18+. Suuuuure.....)
Old 2011-05-15, 11:42   Link #13706
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
He's talking about Frederic Mitterand. It's in his autobiography. The fact you've forgotten kinda proves his point...

(When the scandal broke, he claimed that what he meant by "boy" was young men. 18+. Suuuuure.....)
That'a a excuse than might have worked a little better if it was some ''fille'' /''girl'' as the word is often used even thought she would had pass her 18th birthday...
Old 2011-05-15, 12:09   Link #13707
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

*shrug* In France, sure. He was talking about Thai usage of the word "boy". I don't know if it was complete bull or not.
Old 2011-05-15, 12:13   Link #13708
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
*shrug* In France, sure. He was talking about Thai usage of the word "boy". I don't know if it was complete bull or not.
I find it kind of sick that he likes little boys. He should have gone to Afghanistan and played bacha bazi.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-05-15, 12:32   Link #13709
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
when the paralyzed 22-year-old rose from his wheelchair and stepped across the UC Berkeley commencement stage to shake Chancellor Robert Birgeneau's hand, the crowd of 15,000 at Edwards Stadium went wild with cheers, as if witnessing a miracle.

"Ask anybody in a wheelchair; ask what it would mean to once again stand and shake someone's hand while facing them at eye level," Whitney said in anticipation of his momentous day. "It will be surreal, like a dream."

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...#ixzz1MRVXHzPP

No Faith Healers/Priest/Rabbi/Monks/New Age Hippie just Engineers and Scientist.

and it didn't cost 6 million dollars either.
Old 2011-05-15, 12:41   Link #13710
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
No Faith Healers/Priest/Rabbi/Monks/New Age Hippie just Engineers and Scientist.

and it didn't cost 6 million dollars either.
Now if we increase the lift power by 10 times, add a metal frame, an pilot HUD, 2 underslung chainguns at the hip, a laser designator on the right shoulder, an auto-loading grenade launcher on the left.....

So when will they be developing graftable versions that can be attached directed to people who lost entire legs and arms?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-05-15, 12:51   Link #13711
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Now if we increase the lift power by 10 times, add a metal frame, an pilot HUD, 2 underslung chainguns at the hip, a laser designator on the right shoulder, an auto-loading grenade launcher on the left.....
Add rocket boots, heat seeking missile launchers, and an outer protective force-field and I'll start saving up some money to buy one.

Seriously, though, that's an amazing piece of technology... Hopefully the cost will drop to the point of mass accessibility in the next 10-20 years.
Old 2011-05-15, 14:52   Link #13712
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
Add rocket boots, heat seeking missile launchers, and an outer protective force-field and I'll start saving up some money to buy one.

Seriously, though, that's an amazing piece of technology... Hopefully the cost will drop to the point of mass accessibility in the next 10-20 years.
I know! We can develop a blackbox based on that so that only girls can pilot it! And we can set up a pilot academy for that!

Old 2011-05-15, 14:54   Link #13713
GundamFan0083

Obama Shifts to Speed Oil and Gas Drilling in U.S.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/15/us...s.html?_r=2&hp

I.M.F. Chief’s Arrest Throws French Politics Into Disarray

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/16/wo...=MYWAY&ei=5065

Wow....this story is just....wow.

Court: No right to resist illegal cop entry into home
http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/g...3df229697.html

Last edited by GundamFan0083; 2011-05-15 at 16:00.
Old 2011-05-15, 16:51   Link #13714
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
Wow....this story is just....wow.

Court: No right to resist illegal cop entry into home
http://www.nwitimes.com/news/local/g...3df229697.html
I don't get it. Does the officer have a warrant approved by court / Law Ministry or not?

If so, the officer is right - provided he knocks and the plaintiff is at home. If the plaintiff is not at home and the suspect is related to serious crimes (assault, murder, drugs, treason, etc), go ahead, breach the door.

Old 2011-05-15, 17:03   Link #13715
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I don't get it. Does the officer have a warrant approved by court / Law Ministry or not?

If so, the officer is right - provided he knocks and the plaintiff is at home. If the plaintiff is not at home and the suspect is related to serious crimes (assault, murder, drugs, treason, etc), go ahead, breach the door.
Reading the article, I think it's because they suspected domestic violence or worse. So, no, no warrant. No time to get one.
Old 2011-05-15, 17:26   Link #13716
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

As usual.. .the actual details of the incident have little to do with "fourth amendment" issues and more to do with a man being a total jackass while the police were concerned about his wife's well-being. The leading paragraph is a misleading pile of nonsense... I call "idiot writer"
Old 2011-05-15, 17:44   Link #13717
GundamFan0083

I found this portion of the article to be the most interesting:

Quote:
Justice Robert Rucker, a Gary native, and Justice Brent Dickson, a Hobart native, dissented from the ruling, saying the court's decision runs afoul of the Fourth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution.

"In my view the majority sweeps with far too broad a brush by essentially telling Indiana citizens that government agents may now enter their homes illegally -- that is, without the necessity of a warrant, consent or exigent circumstances," Rucker said. "I disagree."

Rucker and Dickson suggested if the court had limited its permission for police entry to domestic violence situations they would have supported the ruling.
Old 2011-05-15, 17:50   Link #13718
AnimeFan188

Scientists find "master switch" gene for obesity

"Scientists have found that a gene linked to diabetes and cholesterol is a "master
switch" that controls other genes found in fat in the body, and say it should help in the
search for treatments for obesity-related diseases.

In a study published in the journal Nature Genetics, the British researchers said that
since fat plays an important role in peoples' susceptibility to metabolic diseases like
obesity, heart disease and diabetes, the regulating gene could be target for drugs to
treat such illnesses."

See:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110515/..._obesity_genes
Old 2011-05-15, 17:58   Link #13719
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan0083 View Post
I found this portion of the article to be the most interesting:
I can see his point... but I can also see that such a result would require a detailed laundry list ruling. Technically, they were responding to a report of domestic violence. Letting the man continue into the house with the "victim" isn't much different than heading into the house during any other alleged crime - do we have to list detailed scenarios of "enter, can't enter"? Police apparently had the impression further violence was about to happen... him attacking police officers (never a great idea) who were trying to continue the investigation/discussion strikes me as someone not entirely under self-control.

I strongly support the idea of the 4th amendment... we just finished several decades of the "war on drugs" eroding the crap out of it before the courts said "hey, wait a minute". This particular case just seems a really poor case to appeal to the "4th".
Old 2011-05-15, 18:11   Link #13720
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
I know! We can develop a blackbox based on that so that only girls can pilot it! And we can set up a pilot academy for that!
skin contact, no need for more suits.

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international